Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Nidus benefit from maggots from other sources?

Omoshu

Question

9 answers to this question

Just now, McCIoud said:

Nidus 1 only detonates maggots spawned by his 4. Nidus has no interaction with pathocyst or strain set mods.

In the patch notes it says "Fixed Nidus’ Virulence not benefiting from Volatile Maggot / Strain Maggots." in 29.5.4. I don't know exactly what this implies, but could that have changed?

6 hours ago, Omoshu said:

In the patch notes it says "Fixed Nidus’ Virulence not benefiting from Volatile Maggot / Strain Maggots." in 29.5.4. I don't know exactly what this implies, but could that have changed?

only one way to find out- Simulacrum or in-mission. In-mission just let the other maggots appear then cast Virulence. You'll know for definite then.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

only one way to find out- Simulacrum or in-mission. In-mission just let the other maggots appear then cast Virulence. You'll know for definite then.

Unfortunately I only have Pathocyst of the 3 or else I would test them out. I can confirm the Pathocyst maggots do not work. The main reason I was asking was to decide if I should spend the time to get a Predasite or Hemlith Charger mods.

8 hours ago, Omoshu said:

Unfortunately I only have Pathocyst of the 3 or else I would test them out. I can confirm the Pathocyst maggots do not work. The main reason I was asking was to decide if I should spend the time to get a Predasite or Hemlith Charger mods.

ahh I see. I have both Helminth Charger with mods and all three Predasites I can test with Nidus for you later as it is almost midnight in the UK as I write to you. I'll pop them into Simulacrum and actual mission and note any response (if there are)

Strain Maggots definitely has no effect: I used Virulence on them and got nothing. To fully test I used Ravenous then Virulence first- works as intended. Then reset Simulacrum and let my Charger try. His maggots were unaffected they just chilled out on the enemy.

Going to test the Predasite but not holding out much hope it works

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Tested both and nothing happens at all- the Maggots simply carry right on eating the enemy. Only Nidus' own Ravenous maggots are affected in any way whatsoever. The  other maggots just ignore you did anything at all

Thats too bad, but thank you a lot for taking the time and testing it, much appreciated.

Archived