Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Could Nidus’s linked enemy follow him?


Recommended Posts

Nidus obviously a super strong kit, but as the prime approaches, one thing that bugs me is how if you link to an enemy, it forces you to stay quite immobile. 
 

Would it shake up nidus and allow him to move around more if that enemy could follow behind nidus in a zombified state, with his 1’s angle matching yours still. Would that make sense just as more frames seem to be becoming more active and mobile as mission types adapt and become faster and makes use of the game’s great mobility and parkour. 

This is obviously a very small change, that makes sense to me at least.

Edited by (PSN)FK2P
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • (PSN)FK2P changed the title to Could Nidus’s linked enemy follow him?
31 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Nidus is fine as is, there are other frames that are way higher in priority to nidus touch ups (not that he even needs them).

I wasn’t asking for a hierarchy for priority. It only has to be this way because of the extremely slow nature of this system. People shouldn’t have to squabble over the one thing that gets changed every year. If something doesn’t get changed with the prime, good luck. That’s the nature of the game.

If you want some proof, forma a Viper Wraith 4 times and then use an unmodded Acceltra.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

I wasn’t asking for a hierarchy for priority. It only has to be this way because of the extremely slow nature of this system. People shouldn’t have to squabble over the one thing that gets changed every year. If something doesn’t get changed with the prime, good luck. That’s the nature of the game.

No, instead you asked touch ups to frame that has less than 0 need for them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PSN)FK2P said:

There’s always room to add small tweaks to things. 

If that was a logic that was used when creating a frame, new frame would ever release. As everything can always been taken a touch forward no matter. And once it's taken touch forward it opens 2 more touch ups that can be added. everytime

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

If that was a logic that was used when creating a frame, new frame would ever release. As everything can always been taken a touch forward no matter. And once it's taken touch forward it opens 2 more touch ups that can be added. everytime

Do you think having 45 warframes is a good idea? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PSN)FK2P said:

Do you think having 45 warframes is a good idea? 

Having 45 different "classes" with different style of play (even if it's only a slight difference between certain frames) for different tastes. It's a better way to appeal into playstyle of unique tastes of a different players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Having 45 different "classes" with different style of play (even if it's only a slight difference between certain frames) for different tastes. It's a better way to appeal into playstyle of unique tastes of a different players.

I can understand that, I tend to only play the more polished frames though, when they present themselves.
 

Zephyr is something  I haven’t touched since 2015, so I’ll be excited to play her after her new updates. 

it’s astonishing what happens when a frame is reworked well though, wukong is the most popular frame now.
What frames are you waiting to get upgrades? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

I can understand that, I tend to only play the more polished frames though, when they present themselves.
 

Zephyr is something  I haven’t touched since 2015, so I’ll be excited to play her after her new updates. 

it’s astonishing what happens when a frame is reworked well though, wukong is the most popular frame now.
What frames are you waiting to get upgrades? 

Mainly Nyx and valkyr. They're both atleast imo very fun frames, just in bit of a need of a rework/buff/revisit.

Edited by rs_sakuras
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Mainly Nyx and valkyr. They're both atleast imo very fun frames, just in bit of a need of a rework/buff.

Well I have to agree. Nyx has always been in serious trouble since the dinosaur age of L.O.R. that used to see her used quite effectively. Her premise has too much potential for AFK farming to ever be made truly effective. Assimilate is a giant failure. I can imagine a noob playing Nyx on Coba Earth and popping it on the pod when it gets around wave 15 and the enemies build up, teammates might put a little damage in, and yeah- kaboom! But really, the game has outpaced those old days. We aren’t fighting level 45 lancers anymore, the important content is around 100-160. 
 

The state of Valkyr has me worried about Sevagoth- Which brings me back to my initial reservations on releasing new frames so often, in this instance it seems they haven’t learned any lessons, and are attempting a third claw warframe with an exhalted melee, which cannot use the important mods, and then melee is so limiting, after Garuda failed to be anything special, relying on enemies to cast pretty much 3 of her abilities, The heal is barely worth it because of her small health pool, guarding from the front is overrated for a melee frame. This melee archetype is pretty tired out and I think they should stop trying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like the idea.

Linked enemy may not be able to run as fast as the player parkouring at full speed, but it's still a convenient feature if the player is just walking around.

I would love to see this feature in game even as an augment(it had better be an exilus mod).

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would require dumb ai enemies be able to follow something as acrobatic as a frame. Nidus' abilities are largely based around being in one spot. Should you want mobility your probably better linking to a teammate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would go against the intention behind the frame: not needing mobility. That's why Nidus has the best sustain in the game while being one of the tankiest, while also having a mechanic that prevents hit kills. Because he doesn't need mobility, that change wouldn't make sense on him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-02 at 3:12 PM, rs_sakuras said:

No, instead you asked touch ups to frame that has less than 0 need for them

Well, i agree with OP on this one, it's kinda counterintuitive to be stuck in one place, in a game like Warframe.

Hence why they make enemies caught inside Larva have a 15% chance to give stacks if killed by anything other than your 1.

This is a welcome change i would embrace with open arms ^^

Small improvements will always be a good addition, regardless if it "needs" it or not :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Or just make the benefits linger for a few seconds after the link ends, so you can find a new host before you're vulnerable again. Like a Vauban leaving his bastille.

Yeah this works. I think in general allowing recast time is great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-03 at 10:04 AM, Kaggelos said:

Well, i agree with OP on this one, it's kinda counterintuitive to be stuck in one place, in a game like Warframe.

Hence why they make enemies caught inside Larva have a 15% chance to give stacks if killed by anything other than your 1.

"Counterintuitive"? Why? There are mission types where you defend an area/object. Those mission a generally immobile where the Link is going to be more beneficial as a defensive tool. Nidus already has good defensive stats that you can mod to increase on top of his abilities and a immortal passive. His link gives huge DR and his 4 gives regeneration and both favor the hunker down moments in the game. Link on an ally gives offense boosts that are mobile. Being a Coop game (to varying degrees) suggests that your ally could be your defensive option while you are mobile and your link will only enhance that on them. So then why exactly does he need his defensive portion of an ability to move with him? His passive alone makes it unnecessary. Otherwise we inevitably have to discuss why all abilities don't move with your warframe with your reasoning. Frost as an example, Snowglobe is his direct defensive solution that is stationary. Why doesn't his globe just move with him? I'll also say I prefer that his globe be stationary as well.

So what are some things that are more reasonable to give his Link a bit more operating room? Perhaps a better base range so that you can cover more of a room. I'll even accept that the Linked enemy slowly zombie creeps toward Nidus' position as if a parasite was attempting to take over their bodies nervous system (because it kind of is). It would allow him to reposition the Link within the room as needed. But to yank them all over the tileset? Nope just recast it when you need it.

I want to make clear I honestly don't care if they were to make such a change to Nidus. I mean ultimately it isn't a big deal; it is not it'll make Nidus trivialize anything more than he already is. But I prefer that people give correct and compelling reasoning for why things should be considered for change.

PS.. there was nothing counterintuitive for the reason to adding a chance to stacks from Larva because that wasn't even its function before. It was likely added to help Nidus from over zealous teammates. It gave him a small cushion for the energy use no matter what happens. I mean he could just piggy back off abilities that functioned similarly like Khora and Vauban or well a positioned Mag Pull. It is basically the same end result and its not like Nidus himself needed the CC from Larva anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

"Counterintuitive"? Why? There are mission types where you defend an area/object. Those mission a generally immobile where the Link is going to be more beneficial as a defensive tool. Nidus already has good defensive stats that you can mod to increase on top of his abilities and a immortal passive. His link gives huge DR and his 4 gives regeneration and both favor the hunker down moments in the game. Link on an ally gives offense boosts that are mobile. Being a Coop game (to varying degrees) suggests that your ally could be your defensive option while you are mobile and your link will only enhance that on them. So then why exactly does he need his defensive portion of an ability to move with him? His passive alone makes it unnecessary. Otherwise we inevitably have to discuss why all abilities don't move with your warframe with your reasoning. Frost as an example, Snowglobe is his direct defensive solution that is stationary. Why doesn't his globe just move with him? I'll also say I prefer that his globe be stationary as well.

So what are some things that are more reasonable to give his Link a bit more operating room? Perhaps a better base range so that you can cover more of a room. I'll even accept that the Linked enemy slowly zombie creeps toward Nidus' position as if a parasite was attempting to take over their bodies nervous system (because it kind of is). It would allow him to reposition the Link within the room as needed. But to yank them all over the tileset? Nope just recast it when you need it.

I want to make clear I honestly don't care if they were to make such a change to Nidus. I mean ultimately it isn't a big deal; it is not it'll make Nidus trivialize anything more than he already is. But I prefer that people give correct and compelling reasoning for why things should be considered for change.

PS.. there was nothing counterintuitive for the reason to adding a chance to stacks from Larva because that wasn't even its function before. It was likely added to help Nidus from over zealous teammates. It gave him a small cushion for the energy use no matter what happens. I mean he could just piggy back off abilities that functioned similarly like Khora and Vauban or well a positioned Mag Pull. It is basically the same end result and its not like Nidus himself needed the CC from Larva anyway.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Still, i removed it and placed Molt just cause its more fun for me ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...