Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive FPS issues when first loading into an area after latest patch.

o0Despair0o

Long story short, as mentioned in my thread here, the game has massive FPS issues since the latest patch, and I'm not the only one.

Nothing changed on my end, my drivers are up to date, and my hardware is more than good enough to run the game.

Whenever you enter your orbiter, the FPS are stable at first, but as soon as you turn around, it grinds to a complete halt for a moment, and then goes back to normal.

The weird part is, once the lag is over, it's not going to lag ever again until you leave the orbiter and go back, then the whole thing repeats.

The same goes for any and all missions/tilesets  - especially on open maps like PoE. You get massive frame drops upon loading in that last anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds before going back up to a stable framerate.

While this is not game breaking, it is a massive annoyance. My task manager didn't show anything unusual, either, and I got nothing running in the background other than steam.

To clarify - the game itself runs as smooth as ever for me. But the first couple seconds after loading in are literally unplayable since the latest patch.

I suspect that there is some sort of memory leak going on.

Same Issue. at least its good to know it isn't just me (my rig)… I'm running an RTX 2060 so I was finding it weird. At first though it was only when I load into an area, then it stabilizes. But now its getting these FPS stutters quite often during a mission and I've also been getting a flickering black window covering my warframe or replacing all shadows.

At first it wasn't game breaking as I would just give it a chance to stabilize and then continue, but now missions are literally unplayable...

1 hour ago, Razhius said:

Same Issue. at least its good to know it isn't just me (my rig)… I'm running an RTX 2060 so I was finding it weird. At first though it was only when I load into an area, then it stabilizes. But now its getting these FPS stutters quite often during a mission and I've also been getting a flickering black window covering my warframe or replacing all shadows.

At first it wasn't game breaking as I would just give it a chance to stabilize and then continue, but now missions are literally unplayable...

I've been having this issue for a while now... I think it cropped up around the time they gave away the UT weapons.
I don't have the flickering or black windows you describe, but i have massive hangups when first entering maps, and its not getting better...
I'm running RTX2070.

Same, even while the game freeze is occurring, the cursor turns into windows loading icon which indicates it's "Not responding", because of fps drops and game freezes, I always get Host Migration so I always end up being alone in a mission... :(. Other games runs smoothly

Small update.

I switched from directx12 which is in BETA to directx11 from the launcher settings and it fixed the problem partly. 

I'm still getting stutters at the start of loading into a zone, but it then stabilizes and runs at a constant 60fps

The game is just mining bitcoins from your GPU, nothing else. Expect more drops in frames with Dogecoin reaching the moon.

On a serious note, for me FPS oscillates like that dance meme video where everyone is sped up and slowed down with the beat.

Same issue for me.
(Win10, 3700x, GTX 1070Ti, game on Nvme, all up to date)

I was expecting to see more messages about this. It's really a big issue for me (I won't play if this stays like this).
I guess only a small portion of the playerbase is affected ...

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned i'll suggest switching to DirectX 11 and seeing if that makes a difference. recently Warframe changed to DirectX 12 as default as it's been getting more stable, and now testing wider to see how it goes.

I've stated in my other thread (which I linked) that I've tried switching to DX12 because it was lagging in DX11. Didn't help. Both are borked.

The effect is still present in the latest patch :(
(tried playing around with as many settings as I could ...)

Once this "initial loading" is done, it's all good. 
Unfortunately, even if I "pre load" everything in the ship, when I come back into it after a mission, I have to "pre load" everything again. Ugh.

Am 11.2.2021 um 21:06 schrieb RoedeOurm:

The effect is still present in the latest patch :(
(tried playing around with as many settings as I could ...)

Once this "initial loading" is done, it's all good. 
Unfortunately, even if I "pre load" everything in the ship, when I come back into it after a mission, I have to "pre load" everything again. Ugh.

Try this especially Step 2, it worked for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kvu5je/fix_for_extreme_stutteringfreezes/

Archived