General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Open-World Enemy-Spawning Breaks Missions

ValarMorghullis

I am, at the time of writing this, MR25. I've built and mastered most codex weapons and frames so I've started working on open world mastery (zaws, kitguns, amps, moas, etc).

Between PoE and OV I have experienced this bug more times than I can remember and it frustrates the hell out of me every time. "Kill <x> amount of enemies <x> amount of time." awesome, easy, I have top tier weapons and mods, piece of cake. Except... no enemies. I fly all around over and over searching for the straggling enemy so I can finish the objective and move on, but no enemies. This issue is bad enough when it prevents me from completing the stage-bonus, it's literally game breaking and insanely rage-inducing when I have to spend minutes helplessly watching the timer count down only to see BOUNTY FAILED and hear a disappointed Lotus rub salt in my wounds.

This is one of many problems with the open worlds in this game, but it is by far the most irritating. PLEASE HELP. PLEASE FIX THIS.

• Like 6

I think i experienced same thing today, but i am braindead and cant write about issue in right way. 3 out of 3 missions faild becouse of it. Also fishing not working anymore xD

Edited by NOONENEEDS
  • Like 1

Yup... I just ran a few bounties on Cetus for Nightwave and each and every single one of the missions I've been given has bugged by not spawning any enemies, thus wasting my time and failing me. Especially the control area obj and supply drop mission. 

This issue has been in the game since PoE's inception. This is not a new thing. Fix the god damn bugs DE jesus.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shungite_Casa_CD said:

Yup... I just ran a few bounties on Cetus for Nightwave and each and every single one of the missions I've been given has bugged by not spawning any enemies, thus wasting my time and failing me. Especially the control area obj and supply drop mission. 

This issue has been in the game since PoE's inception. This is not a new thing. Fix the god damn bugs DE jesus.

I'm glad someone else is just as frustrated as I am. I'm well aware this has been an issue for a while, I just needed my "karen" moment of complaining and hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears.

PoE enemy spawns are prone to misbehavior, but they've been far worse lately. Occurrence of the liberation mission effectively guarantees bounty failure, because the spawns are too sparse and the objective is almost impossible to complete.

For the Nightwave task, I work around the problem by doing tier 1 and 2 bounties since the liberation mission isn't as likely to occur. It takes three bounty cycles to complete, but you can get it done. If you happen to be grinding for rep or drops, you're basically walled until a fix is shipped.

• Like 4

Got the same for the "Keep the Area Under our control" the ennemies are not spawning but the % jauge still goes down ending inevitably to 0% and then Bounty Failed.. I'm Mr30 and used to this bounties so it's not a "you can't find them" kind of situation...welp.

• Like 3

Besides this post ...

... I want to add another case, one where a Bounty stage did indeed fail.

I just now did a T5 Bounty, first stage was the supply drops "Sabotage" one,
first beacon dropped fine and all, but after the drop was destroyed, we got no further beacons,
enemies popped in every now and then, many of them Ghouls if that makes a difference,
but no beacons anywhere in sight so I guess the "correct" enemies just never spawned or something,
we finally failed the Bounty with like 80+ enemies killed but only 1 successful Sabotage count.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just had an instance of this but not with kill x enemies within the specific time frame. It was the PoE with the 'Eliminate all enemies, then keep them from entering the area so they can't capture it'.

Normally, I can breeze the Bounties. But on occasion, I have the percentage drop even though there aren't any enemies in the area. I flew around it with my archwing and still couldn't find anyone. Yet I failed the bounty cause no enemy was actually present to eliminate, unless they were in a cave system below the point that I don't know about. Which wouldn't make much sense as the enemies it asked me to clear before holding the point were all above ground. Really annoying to fail a 5 part bounty when you physically can't stop it.

• 3 months later...