Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

scythes rework, forgot it was a thing.

TheKurtiStryke

I completely forgot about this, so, what happend to the scythes rework De promised us?

If you don't remember, De long ago, told us that scythes were going to get a rework, not just paper changes(like buffs), but also models and combos changes, for example, making the scythes bigger becuase right now  it feels more like i'm swinging a sickle rather than a deadly schyte, and for the combos, they were not sure if to completely change the combos and make a new stance, or just slap on it the heavy blades stance.

so, is this still a thing? is still coming "soonTM" or is just another scrapped idea?

24 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

I completely forgot about this, so, what happend to the scythes rework De promised us?

If you don't remember, De long ago, told us that scythes were going to get a rework, not just paper changes(like buffs), but also models and combos changes, for example, making the scythes bigger becuase right now  it feels more like i'm swinging a sickle rather than a deadly schyte, and for the combos, they were not sure if to completely change the combos and make a new stance, or just slap on it the heavy blades stance.

so, is this still a thing? is still coming "soonTM" or is just another scrapped idea?

I did never even realized it earlier while im running with reaper prime
But as i think about it wouldnt it be better to keep what we have as it is just renaming it to sickle
And then add new weapon type SCYTHE like big ones that would work like actually SCYTHE?

I for sure would be more happy with that

I don't recall that being a "promise" exactly but they aren't in a state that requires a rework anymore thanks to the last melee rework.

Though as far as they are visually personally I'd prefer if they did that with a new line of "Heavy Scythe" weapons. Like how we have Nikana and Two-Handed Nikana being different weapon types.

9 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

for example, making the scythes bigger becuase right now  it feels more like i'm swinging a sickle rather than a deadly schyte

9 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I did never even realized it earlier while im running with reaper prime
But as i think about it wouldnt it be better to keep what we have as it is just renaming it to sickle
And then add new weapon type SCYTHE like big ones that would work like actually SCYTHE?

I for sure would be more happy with that

A better comparison would be "pickaxe." And since the Anku is puncture-based all it needs is a vertical swing instead of a horizontal one

After the precedent started by Tatsu creating the two-handed nikana category, I have to agree: we should get some two-handed scythe weapons at some point! I mean it's not like the power creep could get any worse

They got buffed all the way to Pluto and back with Melee 2.9. Their range and damage were the things holding them back before.

I don't think the proposed rework (Merging them into the heavy weapon category) will be necessary anymore.

I would however appreciate a two-handed scythe stance, just like the Dokrahm. Make them visually larger as well even if their effective range stays the same.

Archived