Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about amps

Soy77

Question

It's finally time for this noob to start building his operator. First thing first, of course i have started making clothes parts, fashion comes first.
Now about the amps... I've watched a couple of videos and read a couple of guides, but nothing beats getting direct advices from you guys. So here we go

1. I've been hearing about x27 one too many times. I'm aware that "best" doesn't exist in warframe, but is this combination really that recommended, even in 2021?
  2. I can be pretty fussy about shot types. A weapon can have great stats but if i don't like the way it shoots, it'll probably serve only as dust collector. I've read that long range primary attack and close-range shotgun type secondary attack are recommended, do you agree? I kinda like the idea since I'm always gravitated towards sniper-type long range shot anyway.
  3. Considering those things, what combination do you guys suggest? I'm planning to use it for eidolon as well as general use.

Please feel free to use layman terms or link some noob friendly beginner's guides. Also, fashion recommendations will never be rejected.

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

Depends what you want to use it for. For eidolons right now the meta is 177, for general play I find the Klamora prism to be great which is 727. General play comes down to basically the prism type you want to use as you'll be using primary fire and then you add x27. The Cantic prism is also nice for general play and is more of a longer ranged laser as opposed to the flamethrower klamora prism. For a mid range rapid fire style laser you can try Rahn prism.

So I don't normally do this, but there's an awesome video that shows how every amp part shoots.

But before that, people eventually make 2 or more amps: one for eidolons and one for regular play. Eidolons require some focus investment to be more effective so just make an amp you like and slowly farm some focus.

Since you probably don't have access to Vox Solaris yet, I'd use the Lohrin Brace from the Quills, as it's the Crit brace.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Depends what you want to use it for. For eidolons right now the meta is 177, for general play I find the Klamora prism to be great which is 727. General play comes down to basically the prism type you want to use as you'll be using primary fire and then you add x27. The Cantic prism is also nice for general play and is more of a longer ranged laser as opposed to the flamethrower klamora prism. For a mid range rapid fire style laser you can try Rahn prism.

i think i'm shying away a little from rahn, because of its lower damage.
longer laser-type shots, cantic sounds pretty promising.
177 use raplak prism and propa scaffold? raplak does look even more sniper-y than cantic, i'm very intrigued. just not sure if i can use the propa... properly. (get it?? ba dum tss!)

what are your thoughts about 127 or 527? raplak/cantic - shraksun - certus. will it at least tickles the eidolons?

6 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So I don't normally do this, but there's an awesome video that shows how every amp part shoots.

But before that, people eventually make 2 or more amps: one for eidolons and one for regular play. Eidolons require some focus investment to be more effective so just make an amp you like and slowly farm some focus.

Since you probably don't have access to Vox Solaris yet, I'd use the Lohrin Brace from the Quills, as it's the Crit brace.

okay this is a MASSIVELY HELPFUL video. i'm glad you decided to share it.

i actually have reached max standings with vox solaris in preparation to do this. so although what you said makes total sense: just make one that i like, so i can use it to build a more meta one, but at the very least i want to make sure that i don't end up with some unusable garbage combination, or something that'll get me yelled at on eidolon hunts.

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

i think i'm shying away a little from rahn, because of its lower damage.
longer laser-type shots, cantic sounds pretty promising.
177 use raplak prism and propa scaffold? raplak does look even more sniper-y than cantic, i'm very intrigued. just not sure if i can use the propa... properly. (get it?? ba dum tss!)

what are your thoughts about 127 or 527? raplak/cantic - shraksun - certus. will it at least tickles the eidolons?

OK so with Eidolons the only reason you're gonna use your prism(priamary fire) AT ALL is because you didn't crit using the secondary fire. It is literally there as a backup means of taking the shield down fast if you fail to 1 shot it with the secondary fire. The Raplak prism is best for this, that's why it's 177. The x27 can't hit as hard as x77 but it is able to hit well more reliably whereas typically 1 in 5 shots from x77 will not crit. So it depends entirely on the group composition, if you're likely to be carrying a run use x27, if you're with other good players, use x77.

To be honest, basically anything besides the Mote is going to be a game changer for you when it comes to Eidolons. Mote is just so bad. It's good you're educating yourself, but no need to worry to much about it, probably anything you put together is going to work alright, even if it's not meta. You only need to be picky about what you make if you're trying to get into 3-5x3s and if you haven't done any Eidos yet that's something to worry about in the future when you get more comfortable.

On 2021-02-03 at 12:56 PM, Soy77 said:

I've been hearing about x27 one too many times. I'm aware that "best" doesn't exist in warframe, but is this combination really that recommended, even in 2021?

X77 used to be better before they nerfed AoE damage and changed self damage into self stagger. Most people still use X77 anyway.

Basically, crit is king for amps and the (7) Cetus brace is better than any other because of that.

Especially as Crit damage buffs are the only way to multiply amp damage.

When it comes to the other parts:

Propa can deal the most damage, on average, but only if you proc Virtuous_Shadow and aim in the right place.
The shrapsum is a bit more consistent and forgiving, but has a bit lower damage ceiling.

However, for eidolons you will always be using focus schools to buff damage (Maduria & Unairu), so could could stack a bit to overcome the difference.

X77, is meta, but X27 isn't bad.

As for X, ripla has the highest crit, but, in hunts, you mostly just use it to empty stacks , so you can recharge them to the cap.

Archived