Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mania (I think) needs to be toned way down.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

il y a 16 minutes, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom a dit :

Martyr Symbosis is bugged to give immortality you know right?
Here's a nice example of it in action https://streamable.com/ylvgi0

you are just making excuses man , as you can plainly see in the video , the boss doesn't even attack in the first place due to it being frozen thanks to void dash.

Once again , don't blame the game , just try something instead of just face tanking.
if you really like balance , they should just nerf arcane grace as i said instead.

Boss SHOULD be able to kill the player even if you go easy baby mode with inaros + grace if they don't even try to hinder said boss movement or avoid their attacks , hence more boss should be doing that instead of only the acolytes chief.

quite honestly if u get hit, that's on u . kill them before they kill u. shadow stalker u can do the same btw, no amp shenanigans needed

Inaros + bleeding + no grace & no martyr 

dont get hit :P

config and proof of no martyr & grace is at the end of the video

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

you are just making excuses man , as you can plainly see in the video , the boss doesn't even attack in the first place due to it being frozen thanks to void dash.

Once again , don't blame the game , just try something instead of just face tanking.
if you really like balance , they should just nerf arcane grace as i said instead.

Boss SHOULD be able to kill the player even if you go easy baby mode with inaros + grace if they don't even try to hinder said boss movement or avoid their attacks , hence more boss should be doing that instead of only the acolytes chief.

Oh he doesn't attack? Why does Inaros get lifted then? He would've died at ~0:16 if Martyr didn't kick in.
And its not a matter of being able to be killed or not, its a matter of more being oneshotted.
And how does Grace have any relation with oneshots?

2 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

quite honestly if u get hit, that's on u . kill them before they kill u. shadow stalker u can do the same btw, no amp shenanigans needed

Inaros + bleeding + no grace & no martyr 

dont get hit :P

config and proof of no martyr & grace is at the end of the video

>Malice
We're talking about Mania

il y a 2 minutes, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom a dit :

Oh he doesn't attack? Why does Inaros get lifted then? He would've died at ~0:16 if Martyr didn't kick in.
And its not a matter of being able to be killed or not, its a matter of more being oneshotted.
And how does Grace have any relation with oneshots?

check second video whether it's mania , malice or any others it would still not have moved.
And it does matter because you and OP are , it seem way too used to god baby mod of inaros  + grace and you complain as soon as one boss can kill you.
there's tons of game where bosses can one shot players , just play smart , do something , don't just take every hit , hinder it's movement, do something.

il y a 4 minutes, fo3nixz a dit :

gotcha will get mania,, leme go try again or u need all acolytes and stalker also?

you should just ignore i think at that point , he'll always say "not my fault , it's the game !!!!"  in some ways or another.
I don't mind sending a few reply but i would never go as far for players that simply expect to be able to face tank everything in the game without actually trying do anything but spam melee button.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Sigh. Its too much to ask that we stay on the topic, which is Mania, not Malice?

yeah will post one of mania soon, typical inaros  way of face tanking

ps: im done with this thread, believe what u will. if u cant use mechanic in the game and labeled  as stupid & bugs , idk

The guy that posted the video used one method, too. 

I don't even melee acolytes most of the time, I jump in the air and shoot them from above and from further away. You can watch their health tick away while you're running away from them. 

So you have the option to kill them fast and up close, or a couple seconds slower and use ranged attacks. 

I've also been killed by acolytes, but I also recognized it was my fault and just killed them again 5 min later. It's not a big deal. A rank 3 arcane gives you an extra revive. 

Also, I use a Kavat or Djiin. So that apparent bug doesnt apply to me either 

1 hour ago, fo3nixz said:

yeah will post one of mania soon, typical inaros  way of face tanking

ps: im done with this thread, believe what u will. if u cant use mechanic in the game and labeled  as stupid & bugs , idk

I never called any of the mechanics stupid, and please, tell me that Martyr Symbiosis isn't bugged. It makes me laugh.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The guy that posted the video used one method, too. 

I don't even melee acolytes most of the time, I jump in the air and shoot them from above and from further away. You can watch their health tick away while you're running away from them. 

So you have the option to kill them fast and up close, or a couple seconds slower and use ranged attacks. 

I've also been killed by acolytes, but I also recognized it was my fault and just killed them again 5 min later. It's not a big deal. A rank 3 arcane gives you an extra revive. 

Also, I use a Kavat or Djiin. So that apparent bug doesnt apply to me either 

Point is I don't want oneshots/effective oneshots. I tried replicating Lavos vs Mania. See for yourself what happened. https://streamable.com/z2g46y

I see transmission, go to re-trigger arcane ultimatum so I can keep my bulk up, try to back pedal, and dead. I even have my glaive out so I should be blocking it. Shield gate too.
Funny thing is that the other melee Acolytes don't even seem to have comparable damage to Mania. I place a lot of blame on the fact that Mania's first hit lifts you, so you get touched and there's no escape.

Here's the fun fact: You know that hit that broke my shield, and the one that pushed me to 625 health? Both of those did ~7,790 damage. Not together, individually. That slash proc? Its gonna tick for ~2727 damage.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I never called any of the mechanics stupid, and please, tell me that Martyr Symbiosis isn't bugged. It makes me laugh.

Point is I don't want oneshots/effective oneshots. I tried replicating Lavos vs Mania. See for yourself what happened. https://streamable.com/z2g46y

I see transmission, go to re-trigger arcane ultimatum so I can keep my bulk up, try to back pedal, and dead. I even have my glaive out so I should be blocking it. Shield gate too.
Funny thing is that the other melee Acolytes don't even seem to have comparable damage to Mania. I place a lot of blame on the fact that Mania's first hit lifts you, so you get touched and there's no escape.

Here's the fun fact: You know that hit that broke my shield, and the one that pushed me to 625 health? Both of those did ~7,790 damage. Not together, individually. That slash proc? Its gonna tick for ~2727 damage.

Yea I see I got clapped the same way lol. It doesn't happen often for me though. 

It's up to the devs I guess. At the end of the day I won't lose any sleep at night.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Yes... Let's complain to make an easy game even easier... Death is unfun, let's just remove from the game while we're at it right?

Players breeze past these all the time, sometimes players even kill them by accident.

Someone above me said it better, but there's nothing wrong with something being a threat and capable of killing you. It's a part of the game that's important. So you can't just sit there with one hand on the mouse and act brain dead while spamming a button against them, doesn't mean they're too hard and need to be taken down.

18 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

base health inaros + bleeding key & Mania

I like how you picked the tankiest frame to try and prove your point.

Most of you aren't even worth responding to because you didn't even read the post.  It spawned into the middle of a bunch of enemies, blitzed me with a charge/dash type attack and one shot me from full health.  That is not my fault and there is no "mobility" solution unless you think spamming roll as soon as one of these things spawns in is good gameplay.  Getting one shot with the level of tankiness I had is not good balance. "It's your fault that it spawned in and auto-killed you before you could even figure out exactly where it was."  Really?

16 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You're arguing with people that will defend literally anything in the game.  They will defend the devs on literally any design choice until they're blue in the face.  These are seriously people that think getting one-shot is completely fine balance-wise because it represents a "threat".  One of these individuals really tried to use Inaros to prove you don't need a tank frame to not auto-die to that busted melee attack.

Il y a 2 heures, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan a dit :

You're arguing with people that will defend literally anything in the game.  They will defend the devs on literally any design choice until they're blue in the face.  These are seriously people that think getting one-shot is completely fine balance-wise because it represents a "threat".  One of these special individuals really tried to use Inaros to prove you don't need a tank frame to not auto-die to that busted ass melee attack.

sorry but...that's a pretty bad answer.
I mean did you even watch or read anything in this thread ?

In the video he used the least tanky thing possible actually.
A inaros with bleeding key (which make inaros have 500 Hit point , which is basically the only redemeable feature of inaros and he removed it by using bleeding key) and it was inaros to avoid the "shield gating" as something possible.
He didn't even activate his "silence" ability in it to avoid the boss using his abilities. (yes , another among many way of avoiding that hit , aside from operator dash , debuff , roll etc.. which you seem to not know since you only know how to face tank and spam melee button according to your speech)

Eitherway , you seem to like to complain about everything on the contrary.
and having a threat to players who are only used to baby easy mode (using inaros + grace arcane) is not a bad thing , there should be more threat than that , you can't expect to be able to face tank everything in the game while simply spamming the melee button.
Well as we said previously you'll probably simply try to say "it's the game's fault" every time you die , even when you don't even try to hinder the movement , take distance or anything to the bosses you face, man you must really be bad at most game if you simply plan to spam a button without doing anything else to avoid getting hit. And yes , many bosses in games have one hit kill mechanics.
As you said "stalker and a room full of enemies couldn't" , it prove how ridiculous inaros + grace is ,  and if you think people are weird for thinking that you can be one-hit ko , well personally i think it's weird for you to think it's normal to be able to facetank the "hardest content" without doing anything but spam melee and not trying to distance yourself , avoid hit or block enemies in some way or another.
What's the point of a game if you can't die ? a little bit of challenge or something that can kill you is not bad,  actually all enemies should be able to kill you like that or to turn off your arcanes to avoid brain dead face-tanking in steel path

enjoy your life of complaining to make the game even more easier than it is , where it should be actually harder , especially on steel path.....

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

A inaros with bleeding key (which make inaros have 500 Hit point , which is basically the only redemeable feature of inaros and he removed it by using bleeding key) and it was inaros to avoid the "shield gating" as something possible.
He didn't even activate his "silence" ability in it to avoid the boss using his abilities. (yes , another among many way of avoiding that hit , aside from operator dash , debuff , roll etc.. which you seem to not know since you only know how to face tank and spam melee button according to your speech)

Again, video was using a bug (Martyr Symbiosis giving immortality).

Can we also appreciate the irony that you say that people only know how to spam melee given that the video just shows a melee bot.

As you said "stalker and a room full of enemies couldn't" , it prove how ridiculous inaros + grace is ,  and if you think people are weird for thinking that you can be one-hit ko , well personally i think it's weird for you to think it's normal to be able to facetank the "hardest content" without doing anything but spam melee and not trying to distance yourself , avoid hit or block enemies in some way or another.

He was using Lavos,. You have this weird obsession with Inaros. And who says he wasn’t moving around? Lavos’s heals kinda need close proximity. (Also let me laugh again  at you claiming people do nothing but spam melee when videos you defend do nothing but, wait for it, spam melee).
Lavos is designed to be able to take a few hits.

What's the point of a game if you can't die ? a little bit of challenge or something that can kill you is not bad,  actually all enemies should be able to kill you like that or to turn off your arcanes to avoid brain dead face-tanking in steel path

Being able to die is fine. But a “you get touched you’re dead” isn’t fun. As I’ve said, his damage is out of line with the other melee acolytes.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And now people are asking for Steel Path nerfs. 

FFS. 

Asking for outliers to be brought in line with the rest is bad got it.

in the 1st video it wasn't in the glitched state and the 2nd video don't have martyr and don't take a single hit due to void dash blocking them. So whatever acolyte it would have been , it would have been the same.
and he used melee inaros to prove it's possible, but anything is fine as long as you make the acolyte unable to move.

Actually if one thing need to be changed , is that all acolyte should be able to kill you easily just as easily you can kill them so that it's more like a pvp battle to claim a reward instead of a one-way battle where you can melt them in seconds despite them supposed to be steel path boss.
and absolutely not only one toned down , all should be toned upward to make them a threat in the same way , that would actually be true balance , they get touched = dead too don't they very often often due to bleed ? why not make it fair for these steel path boss aswell ? especially since contrary to them , we can't get as easily hindered in our movement as them. 

oh well like most people here im done with this thread of two crybaby wanting once again to make the game even more easy and with 0 threat.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

the 2nd video don't have martyr and don't take a single hit due to void dash blocking them. So whatever acolyte it would have been , it would have been the same.
and he used melee inaros to prove it's possible, but anything is fine as long as you make the acolyte unable to move.

Actually if one thing need to be changed , is that all acolyte should be able to kill you easily just as easily you can kill them so that it's more like a pvp battle to claim a reward instead of a one-way battle where you can melt them in seconds despite them supposed to be steel path boss.
and absolutely not only one toned down , all should be toned upward to make them a threat in the same way , that would actually be true balance.

oh well like most people here im done with this thread of two crybaby wanting once again to make the game even more easy and with 0 threat.

“Used melee Inaros to prove a point” so just a bot spamming melee got it. And the whole point is when you do get hit, not if you don’t. And again, if you never get hit, what’s it to you then? I’m not against melee enemies having high damage, but one where the first hit completely immobilizes you? No thanks. You must love playing against Telos Boltace in Conclave I guess.

If your issue is them being melted, then health buff are in order. That’s fine, we can toss out some pretty serious damage.

”True” balance would be an enemy we could actually fight instead of it being a rush to see who can oneshot faster.

in the 1st video it wasn't in the glitched state and the 2nd video don't have martyr and don't take a single hit due to void dash blocking them. So whatever acolyte it would have been , it would have been the same.

and absolutely not only one toned down , all should be toned upward to make them a threat in the same way , that would actually be true balance , they get touched = dead too don't they very often often due to bleed ? why not make it fair for these steel path boss aswell ? especially since contrary to them , we can't get as easily hindered in our movement as them. 

You’ve done a fair amount of editing to you comment, so let’s re-quote it.

First video does have the Martyr Symbosis bug active. (And based on previous videos on the channel he knows full well what it is). Max impact adaptation stacks means Mania will do 6147 damage to health. You need ~3060 armor to reduce that to 549 damage (i.e. not be oneshot in this case). That Inaros is capping out at ~1939 armor when he gets hit (probably lower since I’m counting 3 health conversion stacks).

That slash proc should’ve killed him again as well. In both cases the Vulpaphyla and Inaros didn’t die, meaning the bug is active.

You know what a major complaint in PvP is? The lifted status. Another major complaint? Weapons with damage bugged to be very high. Wonder how this is similar to what Mania does.

Again, melting is an issue solved not by increasing enemy damage, but by increasing their health.
Increasing their damage just incentivises melting them even faster, since you can’t take their damage output.

Archived