Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

strain mods and pathocyst need a rework.

(PSN)CoolTRG

Pathocyst and strain mods need a rework, i feel that these two infested things have a lot of potential synergy with eachother and nidus, but arent being brought to fruition because of the blatant lack of simple detail into how these things work, if DE would have sat down and just thought a little more of synergy with weapons and mods, they could make a ton of more things usefull. including these, First lets start with the strain mods on the warframe fandom wiki it states "Helminth Charger grows up to 2/4/6/8 Cysts over 6/12/18/24 seconds that erupt every 25 seconds to spawn a Maggot. Unlike other mod sets, all mods in this set revolve around enhancing the Set Bonus, as opposed to some that can be used for general purposes. The Strain mods do not interact with  Nidus's abilities or the maggots spawned by the  Pathocyst"(https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Set_Mods) this basically means that the mods that are specifically for niduses pet or companion, don't synergize with nidus, which i honestly cant understand why they wouldnt, the strain mods would be a perfect help for nidus and would make helmlith chargers worth getting again since they would be a must have for any nidus player. now i know that the strain mods might be a little op when they are added this way so i propose an idea, just nerf them, make them less effective, for strain consume, make it go by  hp instead of percents so instead of 4% make it 1 hp, for strain eruption instead of doing  4% of an enemies current health as corrosive, when maggots attack enemies, they have a 5% chance to proc corrosive. and the other 2 dont need to be changed since they arent based around maggots, but cysts. though i do think that strain infection, should give virulence 5% crit chance per cyst. 

for pathocyst, i think that the maggots spawned by it should do status damage based on the status damage that the weapon does, for example, if the pathocyst did viral damage, its maggots would do viral, if they did magnetic, the maggots would do magnetic damage.

for both of these though, i think they should act as niduses maggots do, so when they are hit with virulence they explode and give stacks to nidus.

at least maggots from Pathocyst should benefit from that set of mods since they have no real uses

niddus one could as well but if you use the mods it should affect only a number of maggots equal to the hellminth maggots spawned

like if you use nidus+pathocyst+hellminth it will be the same as using only hellmynth in terms of maggots using the mod set

same goes for pathocyst

why?

it's called consystency and it would add some diversity into the game

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Just no, not everything Infested needs to "synergize" with Nidus. Why should the Strain mods do anything with Nidus when they are meant for the pet to do damage?

because the helmlith charger is supposed to be for nidus, its specifically niduses companion, and the strain mods currently arent that good.

i also just think pathocyst needs something extra since it currently isnt that good,

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Just no, not everything Infested needs to "synergize" with Nidus. Why should the Strain mods do anything with Nidus when they are meant for the pet to do damage?

also for your point of "not everything Infested needs to "synergize" with Nidus" not much synergises with nidus, thats part of the problem, no arcanes affect niduses abilities, no mods other than warframe mods can affect virulence, when other abilities can be affected via exalted abilities, and stat sticks,  nidus is a frame that DEMANDS the constant use of abilities making his first basicly used all the time instead of using weapons, yet it isnt classified as a psuedo exalted or exalted, even though abilities that arew under the same system such as khoras first and atlases first can be buffed insanely by the use of stat sticks. DE could have made this the same for nidus but instead made him synergy based, making all of his abilities affect his first to make maximum output damage, so midus should have extra things to affect his abilities using synergy like the strain mods and even pathocyst.

I think it would be great to get a precise explanation to these items at this point in the game. Pathocyst is amazing when modded up, and most people think it sucks, so I love it even more. There seems to be some inconsistency lately but its hard to follow when there are updates and they are not noticed in a timely manner. I use strain mods lately for their gun benefits and they seem to have been working and ive caught my pets sheddin maggots so that happens. I am having Super FUN w my theorems and residual arcanes, but how or who do we get to look into this and or get an explanation of what is and what should be at this point in the game.

They already said last year that the strain modset is getting a buff, eventually when the big pet update hits.

However, that update will not likely be synergy with Nidus. As they recently made it so you can't accidentally pop the helminth maggots with his 1. (it had no benefit, it just killed them before they could do their jobs.)

Archived