Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Rework Concept

weeaboopotato

1 hour ago, d0n41dth3gr34t said:

it is referring to the end of hysteria damage, As a berserker, you want to be fighting constantly in your powered state without worry, but the damage shunts that gameplay to only use hysteria in short bursts instead so the damage is more manageable

While I get what you're hitting at here, her claws like any Exalted weapon are gonna have a limit. Can't just have them on all the time

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)XLambentZerkerX said:

The damage is rough, I agree, but like I said to the other guy we can't be running around with our Exalted weapons out all the time lol. I'd personally find it a little boring, gorey but boring 

I am more referencing that you are punished twice for having a long usage of your exalt, while other exalts dont really have that punishment. one for the increased energy drain and two for the damage

4 minutes ago, d0n41dth3gr34t said:

I am more referencing that you are punished twice for having a long usage of your exalt, while other exalts dont really have that punishment. one for the increased energy drain and two for the damage

Other Exalted weapons don't give you complete invulnerability for any time (that I can think of, don't hold me to that 100%). But consider this, Valkyrs Hysteria is one big adrenaline rush. After every rush there is a crash. Her crash is potentially suffering damage, it would be different if it always damaged you, regardless of whether you were near enemies or not

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)XLambentZerkerX said:

Other Exalted weapons don't give you complete invulnerability for any time (that I can think of, don't hold me to that 100%). But consider this, Valkyrs Hysteria is one big adrenaline rush. After every rush there is a crash. Her crash is potentially suffering damage, it would be different if it always damaged you, regardless of whether you were near enemies or not

Id rather there just be more energy drain tbh

Kills slow the energy drain or something

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)XLambentZerkerX said:

I understand, and I know the damage is there as a balancing factor, but it is a bit heavy handed with two factors forcing you to only activate in bursts, especially since this was created before you could switch out of melee to your ranged weapons just by aiming

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Id rather there just be more energy drain tbh

Kills slow the energy drain or something

Now something like this I could get behind, have a built in Duration/Efficiency factor. I still wouldn't use it heavy myself, but it would be a nice change 

1 hour ago, d0n41dth3gr34t said:

I understand, and I know the damage is there as a balancing factor, but it is a bit heavy handed with two factors forcing you to only activate in bursts, especially since this was created before you could switch out of melee to your ranged weapons just by aiming

Eh, as tanky as she is I've never personally had problems with the damage. But again, I don't use it often myself for actual mission objective purposes, and I usually don't take a lot of damage while in it. Claws go brrrr like a blender lmao

Archived