Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super exicted for Railjack rework + daydreaming

Rovaeden

When Railjack was first announced I was overjoyed. I knew it would fall somewhat short of the grand promises that were made, but I didnt care. The fact that DE was thinking along those lines and wanted to attempt something so ambitious was truly epic!

Even though RJ fell short of what was promised, I enjoyed it until the groups dried up. I still jump in now and then to enjoy flying around and dog-fighting.

Anyway, the RJ that I envision and would love to see is a fully unified game, linked by RJ.
What I am about to describe is probably not possible but give it a chance and let DE decide what is possible or not. I know there are gonna be Negative Nancy's who just come in to say "REEEEE That cant happen ever cuz reasons!" Know that I don't care what you think. Im writing this for DE and for those who are stoked at the possibilities!

The RJ I envision is a unified Warframe.
I always found it somewhat immersion breaking to have to go back to my orbiter at the end of every mission. As an aside, it bugs me that I HAVE TO complete missions in order to keep the loot I earned. In cases of a crash, glitch or lost connection I hate that you lose everything you earned. I wish loot went straight to inventory when you picked it up, regardless of mission completion.

I always imagined and wished for a more real time transition from one mission to another, like exploring a planet by having the nodes somehow directly linked to each other.
My favorite types of games are open world sandbox games with a world to explore.
Imagine Warframe meets No Mans Sky.
Imagine real time spaceflight and planet sized real time planets with surface locations that were physically present on the planet. Huge resource cost I know, i know but still would be awesome!
My point with this is, I wonder if there is a way to use RJ to somehow connect planetary nodes that is less immersion breaking than loading scene to orbiter? Is there a way to jump on RJ in one mission and fly to another in realtime?
Is there a way to have a player flying a RJ in realtime above a planetary mission while providing air support?
I suppose the entire game and every map would need to be redesigned to be more open worldie for that to happen. Maybe that should happen anyway. Its super immersion breaking to fall down a tiny pit and get reset, or to jump too high and get reset. The maps kinda need an overhaul anyway to become respectful of our supernatural mobility.

I know the technology exists for something like all this to happen but the undertaking of putting it all together is probably too much for a small studio like DE. They have done a pretty amazing job so far. Warframe is easily my favorite game because the gameplay is just so fun. I just wish the immersion factor was higher.
I love the immersion of Division 2. I love heading in a random direction and finding the various factions in firefights that I can join in or just watch unfold.
How amazing would it be to smash No Mans Sky, Division 2 and Warframe into one game.

Imagine dropping from your Orbiter or Railjack in real time onto the rooftop of a ruined skyscraper of what was once one of the great cities of an ancient Earth empire. Imagine running through the streets, up the walls of buildings, jumping across rooftops and delving into sewers all set to the backdrop of a four way war raging across the solar system and various faction skirmishes happening all around you?
I think that would be amazing!

Ok, so thats pretty much my daydream. Lets return to reality and ponder how DE could bring those elements into the game as it stands currently.

DE could do something like a massive open world zone, say an ancient Orokin city ruin on Mars, that is accessed through RJ and is large enough to allow for a Railjack to operate in the zone.
The city could have buildings and sewers that led into mission nodes and that returned to the city in another location perhaps. Maybe rather than a day / night cycle the zone could have assault waves from each of the factions trying to claim the secrets of the city for themselves. Faction skirmishes in the streets. Enemy gunships flying overhead, bombing runs. City objectives to complete in order to assault the enemy base or flagship that warps in during that "phase". Battle of Endor S#&$ like in the RJ reveal.
Perhaps the zone would be more than 4 players. Perhaps multiple teams could be required to coordinate objectives required to unlock other missions or areas. Scarlet spear was a neat idea but kinda meh in execution. Squad coordination could be very much cooler if more command and control was established. Maybe a battlefield commander role from the Railjack in mission?

Does anyone else want to daydream with me?
I really ask that negative nancy's post elsewhere. There are infinite amounts of "you cant!" that can be stated by those with limited vision. This post is for possibilities no matter how impractical. The creative process is not a straight line and perhaps our day dreaming will spark something in DE that they didnt think of that will actually be spectacular.

Archived