Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwhelmed

KosmykTrigger

Question

Hi everyone! First time poster, and rather new to Warframe. I have played on and off casually over the past several years, however this time around, I decided to share my experience with people on Twitch.

My concern is with the overwhelming information Warframe has, and how I can best navigate this info. I see a lot of resources already in the forums (which rocks!) and the Wikia as well. I would like to be able to have a gameplan that I can follow, especially early on in the game that would best help me get immersed in the universe (lore, builds, etc).

So far, I have received nothing but love from this community (😍) and have had an excellent experience. Any advice on what areas I should focus on first? Or is there a particular topic you all think I should learn more about first before others?

• Materials
  • Frames
  • Weapons
  • Mods

Thank you everyone!

18 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Even though slash/puncture/impact specific mods do influence the priority at which Status Change rolls are executed, you technically gain better damage output through elemental damage.

You're still free to use those specific slash/puncture/impact mods if you want to, but you still have higher damage output per hit through core damage + elemental damage mods.

Thank you for clarifying this point. I should have been more specific, though I'm still learning the exact relations between them.

There is probably no living human being who knows and remembers everything in Warframe. It is an insanely large, wonderful mess, one of a kind. There is no "goal", but at the same time there is a thousand goals, in a multitude of directions. Due to the basic sandbox structure of Warframe (very few interactions between enemies, weapons, damage, abilities, physics etc. is hard-coded ) there will always be stuff you can even boldly go where no man has gone before. 

What it boils down when starting out is that there is no-one to hold your hand (except quite a lot of players, Warframe might well have the largest amount of friendly players of all multiplayer games) and no "GO THIS WAY!!!"-path forward, so you have to set your own goals. This can become a problem for new players, partly because they don't know enough to even set an "own goal", partly because they are so used to games that will hold their hand from beginning to end, and even auto-adapt the difficulty in order to give the player a "more joyful and fulfilling experience" (btw, I call 100% BS on that approach). There is nothing like that in Warframe. But when you get more and more into game, you will not only find more and more stuff to do, the stuff you find will have layers upon layers that can be peeled back. And it really is all up to you.

My advice would be to focus on how your warframe works and on a set of weapons, and mods for the warframe and the weapons. To do that you also needs resources, and the first step to get resources is to start unlocking the nodes on Earth. All (or almost all) the nodes, because then you also get a feel for different types of missions. The next step is to get away from Earth, which means beginning to unlock the starchart. Getting better at your warframe, getting stuff making your warframe and weapons better all syncs pretty well with "going starchart". In order to get a few good weapons you need to rank up, but at MR6 you already have access to weapons good enough to take you through the starchart, it all comes down to the mods. You will get A LOT of better weapons before you are through the starchart, just saying the weapons are actually good enough (even though your first Mk-1 weapons are quite weak).

As you progress through the starchart, planet after planet, the main thing is having a core set of equipment you can rely on. That includes a well-modded warframe you know how to play. Every planet after Earth have a boss that drops parts to a new warframe, so you will get the chance to try out more and switch. If you feel that you really like the game but are having a hard time (which isn't uncommon for solo players), buying a "starting package" is not a bad idea (when you get your first "50% discount plat"-login reward, making everything cheaper). If you know what you are doing you can buy such a set from other players, or you can buy a "Prime Access"-package or a warframe from the market (all basic warframes have a MR0 restriction = anyone can use them). Buying a Prime Access-package allows you sidestep MR-restrictions, so you one or two higher level weapons for immediate use = a nice leap forward. Spending you initial plat on this is ill-advised though, you will need that for some other basic stuff. And before buying anything, check how quickly you could get the parts for a warframe by playing (for instance: Rhino, which is a great starting "tank", drops from the boss on Venus, the 1st/2nd planet you unlock).

You will encounter a lot of info about this or that "OP warframe", but the OP-ness in Warframe actually comes from how you handle your equipment in battle with a lot of different enemies. If you early on is looking for a "enter a mission and win"-setup you won't last long in the game, while there are such builds (quite early on too) such a playstyle & mindset will lock you outside 90% of the game. While Warframe with it's myriad of possibilities is full of interesting things to do and explore, "enter a mission and win" is about as boring you can make it.

Finally, the Warframe Wiki will be your best friend for as long as you play Warframe (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki), and considering Warframe is starting it's 9th year that might be quite a while...

On 2021-02-05 at 5:39 PM, KosmykTrigger said:

Any advice on what areas I should focus on first? Or is there a particular topic you all think I should learn more about first before others?

Yes

• Mods

Most important thing in wf. To get them all you have to search, but without most/all of them you can't play the game "right".
To level them you only need to learn where to get endo and credits.

• Frames

Second on the list, that said you don't have to learn every frame in detail at once... but when you go for a frame try to learn the ins and outs, watch builds for it and try to get an idea for the build dynamic.

• Weapons

imo 3 on the list, it's important but without knowledge of modding and mods they are irrelevant by themselves(weapons with 0 mods or bad modding are complete trash).

• Materials

Materials should not be on the list at all imo...more like:
Mission types and how to efficiency do every one of them.
Or every enemy weakness 
Crit, status, elements etc
Materials you can search quickly when you need to know where and how.

haha, warframe definitely has an issue with just spinning the player around three times, pointing them in the right direction and just giving them an encouraging slap on the bum.

Sometimes i forget just how much stuff there is in this game because I was around when they each got added.
Cephalon Simaris has some fairly crucial backstory locked behind a basic repeatable side activity that most people would just ignore, but when it came out it -and the new strange- were the only new activities available (not including a new PvP mode) so of course we all just DEVOURED the sanctuary hunting stuff.

The junction requirements and the nightwave challenges have done a lot to introduce mechanics to newer players, but there is still a LOT that flies under the radar. Like, did you know that in the codex there are hidden audio logs that flesh out the backstories of certain characters? A lot of it is just flavour stuff that has no real impact on the plot like "where did cephalon ordis come from" but some of it is not so inconsequential, like "what is the history of deck 12". I helped one of my friends with the exploiter orb boss fight one day and he had NO idea what the deal with zuud was. remember it being quite emotional, because I knew all the backstory.

Basically warframe can be split into two halves: core progression and side stuff... and now im going to list all the ones i can remember because I'm bored:

Spoiler

CORE PROGRESSION:

• Mastery Rank: Abbreviated "MR" this is like the level of your account. Once you have earned enough progression to reach the next mastery rank, you can undertake a mastery test to advance to the next rank. Increasing your mastery rank will give you access to:
    • New weapons: Weapons are tiered by mastery rank, the higher the MR requirement the better the gear (generally speaking, exceptions apply).
    • Quests: Certain quests are mastery rank "locked", requiring you to increase you MR to undertake them.
    • Trading: Unlocks at rank 2, and ranking up further increases the number of trades you can make per day.
    • Higher level bounties: Missions available at "free roam" locations (Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, Cambion Drift).
    • Relays: Certain tenno relays are MR locked; the void trader, Baro Ki'teer, only visits one relay every 2 weeks, so if your master rank is not high enough you may miss out on seeing his goods due to not being able to visit his relay (max required MR to visit all relays is 8).
    • Riven mods: Riven mods are mods with random stats, they require a minimum of MR 8 to use/trade (some require higher MR).
    • Helminth system: Unlocks at MR 8 and allows you to take a predetermined ability from one warframe and give it to another.
    • Syndicates: side factions that can be utilised for many items/mods, unlocks at MR 3
  • Starchart: Completing nodes and unlocking junctions will be your main progression in Warframe. It gives you access to new quests, locations, and mission types. Uncompleted nodes that you have access to will pulse blue, keep completing these missions! Completing these blue-pulsing nodes with award progress to your Mastery rank!
  • Warframe/Weapon/Companion Ranks: Your warframes, weapons, and companions will level up as they earn experience, as they rank up they gain mod capacity (warframes and a very few weapons also have their other stats increase). You can further increase the effective mod capacity with forma and orokin reactors/catalysts. Reaching a rank on a weapon you have never reached that rank on before awards progress to your mastery rank.
  • Mods: The primary way of increasing the effectiveness of your gear is mods. These drop randomly from enemies/lockers/chests, and can be awarded for completing missions and their objectives. Mods will all consume a portion of the mod capacity of the equipment you install them on, an effect that can be partially mitigated by placing them into slots with a matching symbol on them (these symbols are referred to as "polarities"). Don't forget to upgrade mods, an unranked mod will not get you very far!
  • Quests: Advancing the story is done by completing quests, most of these will be solo-only, sadly.

SIDE ACTIVITIES/MECHANICS:

• Side quests: Many warframes require completion of their own sidequests, these quests are usually more light on story but most can be completed with a squad.
  • Dojo: The dojo is the home of the clan you either started or joined. From here you can disembark on missions, research new weapons/warframes/gear items, invite players to trade, build/board/upgrade your railjack, trade kuva liches, duel other tenno with PvE balancing (lol), and construct and compete on obstacle courses.
  • Syndicate System: Many great mods and weapons are acquired exclusively through Warframe's syndicate system. Syndicates don't have much depth functionally speaking (you can progress with them by just equipping a picture and shooting things) but they can be progressed passively without interfering with any other activities. Each syndicate will have an ally and 2 enemies; progressing with, for example, the Steel Meridian, will also progress with Red Veil, but will harm relations with the Perrin Sequence and New Loka. This prevents players from maxing out all 6 syndicates, but with some care you can max out 4 of them.
    • Pissing off a syndicate will see them occasionally sending a taskforce mid-mission to kick your butt.
    • Syndicates also offer special missions that award a chunk of standing with the associated syndicate, you can also find special tokens hidden around these missions that you can take to that syndicate's representative on a relay.
  • Other syndicates: There are many other unaffiliated syndicates with their own interactions and offerings, progressing with these factions tends to be more "hands on" though, requiring the player to perform specific tasks. Special Quests can be unlocked by progressing with some of these syndicates.
  • Fragments: containing tidbits of lore and concept art, fragments contain hidden audio logs and can be acquired in a few different ways:
    • Scannable objects: Cephalon fragments (regular missions), glass fish (Plains of Eidolon), memory fragments (Orb vallis), hexanon figures (Jupiter gas city)
    • The Tenets, on the corpus ship tileset you can come across a massive room with a big pyramid in the middle, you can spend granum crowns to earn these fragments along with some nifty orbiter decorations (granum crowns can only be earned after the quest "The Deadlock Protocol")
    • Drops from ghoul enemies
  • Railjack: not very well integrated into the core game and not very well fleshed out yet, the railjack is basically a multicrew ship you and a squad can use to undertake special missions.
  • Kuva Liches: Available later on in the story, kuva liches are tough, personalised enemies that expand their control over the solar system and steal your resources. Although time consuming, defeating a lich will grant you a very powerful weapon. Alternatively you can "convert" the lich, allowing it to randomly appear in missions to help you and be traded to other players so they can defeat them for their weapons. They will "soon" also be able to act as crew on your railjack ship.
  • Relics: You can use void relics to acquire "prime" gear, suped up versions of existing weapons/warframes/ect. Take these relics to special "void fissure" missions and collect "void traces" to get a chance at one of a list of specific parts unique to each relic. You can also upgrade relics by spending excess void traces for a better chance at the higher tier items.
  • Forma: Forma will reset a weapon/warframe back to rank 0, and lets you place a polarity onto one of the mod slots. Basically setting a weapon back to square one but increasing the upper limit of the item's potential. 
  • Orokin Catalysts/Reactors: Orokin reactors straight-up double the mod capacity of a warframe/companion, this is a permanent upgrade. Orokin catalysts do the same for weapons.
  • Codex scanning: most object/enemies in warframe can be scanned with a codex scanner (available from the market for credits), you can view these scanned items in the codex screen for additional information/lore
  • Synthesis scanning: a similar scanner is available from Cephalon Simaris (on the relays). It performs all of the same functions as the codex scanner but can be upgraded and also be used to perform "synthesis" for Cephalon Simaris.
  • Synthesis: Cephalon Simaris offers synthesis objectives in two flavours, special targets and daily tasks.
    • The special targets offered by simaris are a list of predetermined targets that must be hunted down and scanned. Completing the required number of scans will fill out that target's information, including a short story that provides backstory to certain characters and events that took place before the start of the game.
    • The daily targets are your main source of standing with Simaris, and like other syndicates this gives access to a plethora of items.
  • Sanctuary onslaught: a gamemode that requires you to kill as many enemies as you can as quickly as you can to keep a meter filled up. As this game mode progresses the speed at which this bar decreases will ramp up becoming more and more difficult to keep filled. This game mode has it's own set of rewards exclusive to it.
    • There is also an "elite" version of this game mode, tougher but with a different set of rewards.
  • Simulacrum: A playground of sorts that allows you to test your builds against enemies you have completed codex scans on.
  • Nightwave: Basically a battle pass but free. Nightwave offers a set of weekly and daily challenges that earn standing toward that season, awarding special items and currency that can be used to buy cosmetics, mods, resources, ect.
  • Helminth system: A late-game tool that allows greater flexibility in warframe builds. Destroy a warframe to learn a predetermined ability from that warframe, and then give that ability to any other warframe.
  • Relays: Public player spaces that offer many services.
    • The syndicates have representatives here, allowing you to turn in any syndicate tokens you have found in exchange for standing you can use to purchase goods.
    • Cephalon Simaris has a home in the relays, from here you can accept/turn in synthesis hunts, purchase items and synthesis scanner upgrades, enter the simulacrum, and practice the mastery tests before attempting them for real.
    • Darvo (the guy who runs the market) is here too. He offers discounted items and also allows you to take the "help clem" mission.
    • Teshin is here allowing you to jump straight into PvP, purchase PvP items, and buy specialty items with resources earned in the steel path (hard mode)
    • Once every two weeks the void trader will arrive at a random relay to sell some highly sought after items and cosmetics
  • Maroos Bazaar: This is a special relay that acts as a player trading hub. Maroo is also here and she will purchase any ayatan treasures you have found in exchange for endo, the resource needed for upgrading mods. She also offers a weekly mission that guarantees an ayatan treasure at the end.
  • Events: occaisionally warframe will have special events that come in a few varieties that I will call "Type A/B/C"
    • Type A: these used to be more common and were used to introduced new enemies and mechanics. These days you will see one of these maybe once or twice a year, but will be more story-focused. There has been demand to turn these into quests as they contain important story that new players will completely miss out on.
    • Type B: These events tend to appear at specific times of year and can vary in complexity, but mostly appear as special alert missions. Think halloween, christmas, easter, ect.
    • Type C: these are in almost constant rotation, you will be seeing these cropping up as "Ghoul Purge", "Thermia Fractures", "Razorback Armada", and "Balor Fomorian"
  • Nightmare missions: there is usually one of these on each planet at any given time, a harder mission with special rules that awards a special mod with 2 stats upon completion.
  • Kuva siphons: After completing a certain quest you will gain access to kuva siphon missions, these play out like regular missions but with an extra objective that, if completed, grants "kuva" a resource that can be used to reroll the random stats of a riven mod.
  • Invasions: The major factions of the solar system are constantly fighting with each other. When a conflict breaks out you can interfere, supporting a side of your choosing (except infested) to earn special rewards.
  • Assassins: supporting a faction too many times in invasions will see the opposing side marking you for death. This means that undertaking any mission against this faction will carry a chance that they will send an assassin to take you out.
    • The grineer will send a squad of powerful super-soldiers called the "grustrag three", losing to this assault will result in that warframe being shackled with a bolt that reduces your damage against grineer by 50% until you can craft a removal tool.
    • The corpus will send a robot to attempt to capture you, if it succeeds you will have to play a special escape mission to get access to that warframe again.
    • Alternatively, killing any bosses will draw the ire of the "Stalker" who can arrive in almost any mission, your first few encounters with it will likely result in death.
  • Sorties: after a certain quest you will get access to sorties. These are sets of three daily missions with special modifiers and increased difficulty. Completing all three missions will earn you a special reward.
  • Arbitrations: An hourly mission with high difficulty but with some very conditional positive modifiers. This game mode offers some great rewards.
  • Derelict Vaults: Most missions on the Derelicts will contain a single sealed vault containing a "corrupted" mod. These vaults will require a random one of 4 craftable keys to open. Each type of key will apply a significant debuff when equipped, but if you are brave enough you can equip all 4 to guarantee the chance to open this vault. Corrupted mods offer powerful positive effects with powerful negative ones.
  • Dark Sectors: Once the dark sectors featured a clan-focused PvP mode. Now it is just some slightly harder endless missions versus the infested. These missions also have increased resource/experience rates.
  • Leverian: a museum of sorts that provides players with a lot of lore behind the warframes. Only available for a handful of warframes so far, but I highly recommend checking it out!
  • Breeding: Kubrow breeding is introduced in the main quest "howl of the kubrow", but can be done any number of times (kavat breeding is very similar). Kubrows/kavats are spawned with a set of randomised cosmetic details and a random breed that determines it's abilities. Players can create "imprints" of these animal's genetic code and trade them with other players. Be aware, this process is resource intensive and the randomisation of the system means you may not get attributes desired by other players.
    • Cysts can also be grown after getting infected by a disease from another player/the helminth. This cyst can be consumed to create a special breed of kubrow with it's own set of very powerful abilities.
  • Hunting/fishing: The free roam areas all have a range of critters you can capture for standing with their relevant factions
    • Hunting on the Cambion Drift also grants access to special infested companions
  • Resource Drones: Purchase and build a blueprint for an extractor drone from the market. Once a planet has been completed you can deploy a drone there to scoop up some random resources. A "distilling" extractor can be used for a higher chance of rarer resources.
  • PvP: a competitive set of game modes with their own weapon/warframe balancing, mods, and earnable cosmetics. Quite fun once you get the hang of it, but with a STEEEEEP learning curve due to a small but very dedicated player-base.
  • Arcade games: There is an arcade system called the ludoplex that can grant access to some minigames. It, along with a couple of extra games, are available for purchase from Simaris on any relay.
    • Frame Fighter, packaged with the system, it is a multiplayer fighting game. Extra characters can be unlocked for it by finding and scanning character data fragments in missions.
    • Happy Zephyr, a clone of flappy bird. (can also be played by selecting the "Z" appearance loadout on the Zephyr warframe)
    • Wyrmius, a side-scrolling shooter. (can also be played by selecting the "W" appearance loadout on the Wyrm sentinel)

I am CERTAIN that there's a whole bunch of stuff I've missed, but I'm a slow typer and this took me a while... and so it's pretty late at night now, haha.

If there is anything I missed it'll likely be in a reply comment from someone helpful, haha

Edit: i wanted to avoid anything too spoilery, so if there is anything missing that is post second dream, it was probably omitted on purpose!

On 2021-02-05 at 3:39 PM, KosmykTrigger said:

Hi everyone! First time poster, and rather new to Warframe. I have played on and off casually over the past several years, however this time around, I decided to share my experience with people on Twitch.

My concern is with the overwhelming information Warframe has, and how I can best navigate this info. I see a lot of resources already in the forums (which rocks!) and the Wikia as well. I would like to be able to have a gameplan that I can follow, especially early on in the game that would best help me get immersed in the universe (lore, builds, etc).

So far, I have received nothing but love from this community (😍) and have had an excellent experience. Any advice on what areas I should focus on first? Or is there a particular topic you all think I should learn more about first before others?

• Materials
  • Frames
  • Weapons
  • Mods

Thank you everyone!

As someone who is new to the game also I'm in a similar situation to you. The way I have dealt with the game is learn as I go, Look up things when it comes to what I need to know. It's your path to make and learn and it's always appreciate to have a helping hand to give you that push you need along the way.

Having just started playing Fall 2020, I have some thoughts on things I wish I knew. First and foremost "What do I spend plat on" and more importantly "What never to spend plat on". I know this is answered many places, but there is so much info everywhere it can get drowned out. This was one of my chief sources of stress along with "What do I do now". So much of Warframe is available early. I really wish I had someone to just say "Follow the star chat, ignore everything else, and do the main story quests".

Hi! I'm in the exact same boat as you! This past weekend, I just finished clearing my entire Star Chart - it's definitely a long learning process, with a lot of roadblocks, but if I had to point out one topic to learn as quickly and thoroughly as you can, it would be the different damage mods and what types are effective against what enemies. 

A bit of advice that I don't see posted in many places: don't bother with damage mods that increase puncture, impact, or slash. You're better off using that capacity for a core damage mod and a couple elementals, and you'll get much higher damage output.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

A bit of advice that I don't see posted in many places: don't bother with damage mods that increase puncture, impact, or slash.

This is absolutely not true, especially in the case of Slashing where you want to increase the chance of getting a slashing proc.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

Hi! I'm in the exact same boat as you! This past weekend, I just finished clearing my entire Star Chart - it's definitely a long learning process, with a lot of roadblocks, but if I had to point out one topic to learn as quickly and thoroughly as you can, it would be the different damage mods and what types are effective against what enemies. 

A bit of advice that I don't see posted in many places: don't bother with damage mods that increase puncture, impact, or slash. You're better off using that capacity for a core damage mod and a couple elementals, and you'll get much higher damage output.

1 hour ago, EiraRozen said:

This is absolutely not true, especially in the case of Slashing where you want to increase the chance of getting a slashing proc.

Even though slash/puncture/impact specific mods do influence the priority at which Status Change rolls are executed, you technically gain better damage output through elemental damage.

You're still free to use those specific slash/puncture/impact mods if you want to, but you still have higher damage output per hit through core damage + elemental damage mods.

Most definitely don't let the rich content get to you. I stressed out for an entire day from a plat block with zero idea about trading. You shouldn't be stressed playing or worried because you're unsure. Definitely look into what weapons you like since that'll make up 50% of your fun, learn about mods(just hit the wiki), and figure out which Warframes you wanna try out first. They are MUCH easier to get then it first feels. I didn't have a single other warframe other than Excalibur up until MR5, which was only because I had no idea how to get them. You can get your first new frame by MR3 or even 2! I am now Mastery Rank(MR) 8 and I have about 8-9ish frames. So, following that, what you should you do first is go to the Market and put "MK1" into the search bar. Those 7ish weapons are all pretty cheap and you don't have to wait to craft them. Instant new weapon!  Now with those new weapons, you should rank them up while exploring the starchart and check the wiki for which bosses/missions/enemies drop new warframes parts. I'd recommend going for Rhino at the Venus Boss, he is a tank frame and pretty nice for new players. At every planet is a boss and they all drop warframe parts. Give yourself a good look at region chat and don't be afraid to ask questions, also QnA is a good place to get better noticed for your questions. I'd recommend watching Ashisogi Tenno on youtube for some great guides on mods, warframes and their playstyles, and how the damage elements work while also getting a lil of his snarky attitude to enjoy.

Hope this helps a good bit!

Remember:  MK1 weapons are instant new weapons from the market, Warframe parts can most easily be obtained from bosses, and find your own playstyle to have fun with. Most Importantly: Take your time and don't push in too fast, I see you mostly play with friends which is great, play solo at first or with friends so veterans who wanna rush through won't ruin your exploration.

Platinum, Trading, and all the Lingo: Oh Oh wait one more thing. Pleaseeee do not spend money, it is very very tempting at first. But listen, it is a free to play game and you can get practically everything just by playing. The only money I would say to spend is maybe 5 bucks on your first lil pile of plat(Platinum) so you won't get plat walls that block your progress. Definitely learn right now that farming relics(lil brown ball things) will give you Prime pieces, which are like the "oooO special" things in warframe. You don't need to worry about using them yourself right now, but trading them is a good way to get some quick 15-20 plat in your pocket. Just some advice, Prime Warframe pieces sell muchh faster than the Prime Weapon pieces. Check out https://warframe.market/ to see how much a certain piece usually sells for and then hit the trading chat. It looks fast, i know, seeing all those numbers and names fly around. Overwhelming. But no! Don't worry about it, you're worried about selling not buying so ignore those other peeps. Instead type in "WTS (name of prime part) 15pl(or other price)" then if someone wants your item you will get a message from them outside of the trade chat. Bam! 15 plat in your pocket buddy. Btw trade lingo: WTS(Want To Sell), WTB(Want to Buy), WTT(Want to Trade), PL(Platinum). Another thing, in recruiting chat you'll see a lot of numbers, why is that? 🙃 Well, to make it easier to see who wants to join you they adding numbers, think of McDonalds and the number of your order. So if someone said "Relic Farming, need 2, 898". This means they need 2 people for relic farming and if you want to join them, type "898" into chat. Now you know how people identify who wants to join them in recruiting chat.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

Thank you for clarifying this point.

No problem.

One of the purposes of the modding system is, well... Try stuff and learn, but having knowledge being shared and try out stuff based on it is also a nice way to do it too.

Don't worry, you'll be fine and do great later on. :p

23 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

This is still not true for two reason.

Consider the Galatine, which does 95% of it's damage as slashing. A +120% slashing mod would grant a damage boost of 0.95*1.2=1.14, or 114% as opposed to an elemental mod that would add 90% (baring Primed Fever Strike). With the exception of Primed elemental mods, a +120% SIP mod will be as good or better than an element mod if the weapon's physical damage of that type makes up at least 75% of the total damage. For the split damage and stat chance mods, this needs to be only 66.66...%.

Also, on the Steel Path, where armor values can be extreme, most of your damage will likely be coming from slashing procs. You hit a thing 20 some times, it's health goes down by a pixel or two. Then you wait a second and the slashing proc kills it. In this case, again, you want as many slashing procs as possible.

40 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

~snip~

23 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

higher damage output per hit

... Which part of "higher damage output per hit" isn't understandable? The part where it says "per hit" or the part that I didn't include procs because its irrelevant for the practical example I used before?

56 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Which part of "higher damage output per hit" isn't understandable? The part where it says "per hit" or the part that I didn't include procs because its irrelevant for the practical example I used before?

No need to get testy. In any case, to answer your question: The latter since I consider proc damage as part of hit damage (since it's proc'ed from a hit).

Also, I looked through this thread and am not seeing the example you're referring to.

In fact, looking back, my initial reply was to a different user. Reading through your replies, I'm not seeing any examples. Also, you never explicitly excluded proc damage despite your claim other wise. At least not to any of my replies. What's more, your first reply in this thread on the subject of comparing damage mods was in response to me. In fact, all of them have been. Are you perhaps confusing this thread with another?

1 minute ago, EiraRozen said:

Also, I looked through this thread and am not seeing the example you're referring to.

... Ok, let me point it out for you, since it might refresh your memory...

On 2021-03-01 at 6:55 PM, Uhkretor said:

... Also, without forgetting that by "elemental mods" I'm referring to those dual stat mods...

2 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

No need to get testy.

I'm not getting testy.

People easily "misunderstand" simple stuff... We've all been there, so I pointed out a particular detail from my own post and made a general question for anyone, no specific individuals... Who knows, whoever it may apply to, again no specific individuals, might do better next time at not misunderstanding stuff...

17 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm not getting testy.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... Which part of "higher damage output per hit" isn't understandable?

Perhaps I misunderstood the tone here too.

18 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Ok, let me point it out for you, since it might refresh your memory...

Though I'll be the last person to claim I have anything close to a stellar memory (It's actually quite poor) what you quoted isn't an example nor are you explicitly excluding proc damage.

Regardless. Points have been made.

4 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

Perhaps I misunderstood the tone here too.

Though I'll be the last person to claim I have anything close to a stellar memory (It's actually quite poor) what you quoted isn't an example nor are you explicitly excluding proc damage.

Regardless. Points have been made.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes but i'd probably take this to another post in discussion, or even your messgaes. I doubt OP wants this many notifications especially when this thread has gotten revived every few days for the past month

I hope the replies you're getting isn't also overwhelming. 😅

I'm a new-ish player as well - started playing around Valentine's day in 2020. At first, I focused on unlocking as much of the star chart as possible while also doing the main story quests. 

As you fight your way through different nodes on the star chart, and complete questions, you're guaranteed to gather up some items that you may need in the future, including mods and resources. Try to get to Helene, Saturn as soon as you can. There, you can level up whatever you want as it's a good map for affinity farming. So, if you feel you're not strong enough to continue on the star chart or do some of the quests, then you can stay here and level up or try new weapons and frames. 

Eventually, as you progress through the star chart, you'll probably have quite a few relics gathered up from mission awards. You should try cracking them and perhaps getting some prime items, which will make combat easier. If you lack resources to build the prime stuff, and don't feel strong enough to go further down the star chart, then go re-do some of the missions you've done. Check what resources you need and then check which planets have those resources, and do the missions there.

And yeah, basically unlock as much stuff as you can. If you struggle to unlock some of the star chart, then go back to the missions you've done to gather up mods, weapons, and affinity.
Get into Cetus and Fortuna, both of which have bounty missions of varying levels. A good source of mods and relics besides lots of other stuff.

Look up the frames on WF wiki, see what you might like the most and try getting those frames. It's useful to have them all, though. I'm currently working on getting all regular versions of frames for the Helminth system, for example.

Maybe start with the basics and gameplay first then move on to resources and gathering and then crafting.

New players need the most help with modding early on to be honest the rest isn't too hard to figure out, except tricks like best places to farm certain resources or exp farming.

From top to bottom for importance:

• Mods

Mods are our main source of power in Warframe. Some mods can be nice to make particular mod builds for our equipment.

• Materials

You'll need plenty of resources, regardless of which type.

• Weapons

There are more weapons in Warframe of course, while being faster to build most of the time. The weapons are the main source of exploration and experimentation in Warframe.

• Warframes

They can take up to or slightly over 3 days to build, but if you don't have that many frames, you should get a few more to diversify and explore your playstyle.

For both Weapons and Warframes, keep an eye on your Weapons and Warframe slots. If there are weapons you don't particularly need or like, you are free to sell the weapon for Credits to free up space. The currency Platinum can be traded between players, which is needed to buy 

The most important tips I can offer: explore and do not rush the game. Rushing the game will lead to burnout, while following the advice of using popular weapons only suggested from other players will lead to an even faster burnout. Explore the game at your own pace, but do not hesitate to ask for help if you need to.

4 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

From top to bottom for importance:

• Mods

Mods are our main source of power in Warframe. Some mods can be nice to make particular mod builds for our equipment.

• Materials

You'll need plenty of resources, regardless of which type.

• Weapons

There are more weapons in Warframe of course, while being faster to build most of the time. The weapons are the main source of exploration and experimentation in Warframe.

• Warframes

They can take up to or slightly over 3 days to build, but if you don't have that many frames, you should get a few more to diversify and explore your playstyle.

For both Weapons and Warframes, keep an eye on your Weapons and Warframe slots. If there are weapons you don't particularly need or like, you are free to sell the weapon for Credits to free up space. The currency Platinum can be traded between players, which is needed to buy 

The most important tips I can offer: explore and do not rush the game. Rushing the game will lead to burnout, while following the advice of using popular weapons only suggested from other players will lead to an even faster burnout. Explore the game at your own pace, but do not hesitate to ask for help if you need to.

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for your input. I consider myself lucky to have some people in my discord who are willing to go with me on mission and let me explore. I've set my privacy setting so it's friends only, and it really helps since I can find materials and get used to everything again.

Appreciate you taking the time to answer this 😀

8 minutes ago, Kryshok said:

Maybe start with the basics and gameplay first then move on to resources and gathering and then crafting.

New players need the most help with modding early on to be honest the rest isn't too hard to figure out, except tricks like best places to farm certain resources or exp farming.

Thank you for this :) Mods have definitely been on my top to-do list, since it helps me flesh out my build and allows me to try different things. I am struggling in terms of dismantling mods for Endo, as I do not know the value of each mod (especially how it will behave at higher tiers).

Best bet is this: Dont try to learn everything at once. Just play missions. Eventually enemies will get harder, so you can explore mods. When you can get new weapons, try them out. Eventually youll reach the next MR. That'll open up new stuff.

The game has alot in it, but you dont need it all day 1. Just do what you can right now, and learn the rest later on.

Archived