Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Of Us Dont Have So Many Hours To Invest On This Game.

HoverHook

see... it's like this

you either have lots of free time and no money: f2p gamer style, grind/farm/etc

or you have lots of money but little time: p2p gamer style, buy lotsa plat and spend da monies

or you have both lots of free time AND lots of money: do whatevs u want, play lots, buy lots

or you have no free time and no money: THEN DONT @(*()$ PLAY VIDEOGAMES

but rly, this event is fine, and if u cant manage 5 mish or so a day (which takes like 20-30 mins all total), then rly u shouldn't be *@##$ing that DE didn't make a special silver platter just for you

lol, have you seen what happens when the level 120 alerts come up that have a good prize?  It's nothing but region chat complaining about how it's unobtanium.  Now imagine that with not just a 1 hour alert, but a week long event.

I think this event is about right.  It's easy enough that all players can participate, and there are prize tiers so that at least casual players get something.  Mostly, it bugs when I see people with an attitude of "I want something but am not willing to put effort towards it, and that's unfair."

It's too easy for anyone with more than 50 hours in the game, while is probably too hard for rookies with crappy equipment and is repetitive as hell.

Zorencopter-Ultimate-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Ultimate-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Ultimate-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Zorencopter-Extraction

Only a few select missions are relatively challenging, and only if you side with Corpus. Guess what? Most players are pussies and side with Grineer.

One mission takes 3 minutes, you need to do 100 missions, that's 300 minutes, which is 5 hours.

5 hours of gameplay over 7 days, if that's not casual enough then I'm afraid the event might not be for you ^^

If there were any variety to the missions then that would be fine, but so far every mission I played has just been all extermination.  It's cool that we get troops from the faction to support to help us out but it gets old fast.  Along with warframe being pretty repetitive to begin with.  Events like this are a good start and they're on the right track to get more players and reward the loyal ones, but if the devs really want to get more players then they really need to add some actual variety to these missions and not all just go over here and kill 100+ bad guys in the same tilesets over and over and over and over and over and over and over. 

I know this shouldnt be an excuse, because its a sad one, but Warframe is grind and time-consuming. I hope future events are like the survival event, in which we were rewarded greatly for twenty minutes of free time. Not rewarded for doing 100 missions of basically the same thing, and when you do the math, even if you complete each at about five minutes, thats 500 minutes(8h20m). Over 8 hours of the same thing! Im surprised i didnt go crazy after that.

An easy way I didn't go crazy after attaining my 100th mission yesterday was to actually vary the weapons and frames used.  I used more weps and frames in 2 days than I normally would in 2 weeks.

Honestly, the solution is simple:

Weekend events need to reward player skill, not grinding.

As long as the winner is just the person who sacrifices the most time, it's a futile exercise.

Then you'd just have a forum full of people whining that the event is only accessible to high-level players, newbies are being punished, etc.

Honestly, I've taken the whole event at face value and have been having a blast with it. I don't find it to be any more grindy than the regular game, which is basically the same half-dozen or so mission types repeated ad nauseum. If you can't take the repetition, you should probably be looking into a different game.

DE ain't perfect, and no matter what, they aren't going to please everyone.

Personally, I'm not playing for the rewards. A new sword and pistol is cool, but I'm not going to be devastated if I don't get them. It's not likely to be better than my Despair/Soma/Ignis/Gremlins anyways.

If you're in this grind for a good weapon, go do some void runs. The weapon you'll get is almost certainly better and will probably be less of a grind. Cool looking too.

TL;DR- If you're not having fun, do something else.

I hate to be the one who says this but Warframe isn't a casual's game. It takes significant time and farm to get to the higher tiers of play(T3 defense, 35+ minute survival, etc). As a casual you should never enter a game expecting to get the very best stuff, that's just not a realistic expectation. I'm not trying to say "Shame on you for being a casual" but you can't expect a grind-centric game to cater to the extremely small minority that plays. The only reward that's exclusive to this event is the wraith/vandal weapon. I can't recall a single event where that hasn't been the case.

If you can't accomplish 25 missions in 7 days then you either need to get faster and more efficient in clearing(I can finish these missions in 5-8 minutes depending on the frame). Let's assume you are slow and can only clear each mission in 10. That's just barely over 4 hours. If this leaves a bad taste in your mouth then I'm sorry, but it's highly unlikely that warframe events will ever have their rewards for participation that low. You'd literally have people do a handful of missions then never touch the event, leading to large clans having to do the heavy grind to complete the event.

honestly if this event wasn't just restricted with a single weekend could be fun maybe.. with randomly popping invasion and stuff so that you wouldn't be forced to do 100 exterminate missions right after another... but then again it could be pretty heavy for clans I guess

also 1 mission = 3 min each = 300 min = 5 hours... well sorry doesnt work like that always.. half the time either a bug happens or 1 enemy spawns some weird place you have to look for or your team mates are not perfectly geared they keep dying or too slow to kill etc...

I managed to get 25 missions done for the Corpus to qualify for the Prova Vandal, I still need another 10 missions to qualify for the Machete Wraith, I know I won't be able to cram 100 missions within one week, I've been playing since the release of U.6 and I can honestly say I'm completely wiped out and burnt out on this game. I just don't see how other veteran players can play this game for hours and hours all day everyday and not say they're bored to death of the same thing.

One mission takes 3 minutes, you need to do 100 missions, that's 300 minutes, which is 5 hours.

5 hours of gameplay over 7 days, if that's not casual enough then I'm afraid the event might not be for you ^^

Ya, if everyone in the group is a rusher ( which not all of us are or want to be ). No one in this event cares about which side wins lore wise, only which side has a more appealing pay out other than credits which most of us don't need, and this event has also shown just how greedy clans are by kicking players out just because they don't want the Grineer rewards or the Corpus rewards or have done both sides and costing them their Warlords precious e-peen points.

--

This event is still trash, not well thought out, not polished at all. DE just can't get their act straight. They knew this was going to be Warframes biggest event and they didn't even bother testing it first before release, instead we keep getting a hotfix each day trying to fix the event while it's going instead of fixing it before it went live.

Edited by __Kanade__

lol, have you seen what happens when the level 120 alerts come up that have a good prize?  It's nothing but region chat complaining about how it's unobtanium.  Now imagine that with not just a 1 hour alert, but a week long event.

I think this event is about right.  It's easy enough that all players can participate, and there are prize tiers so that at least casual players get something.  Mostly, it bugs when I see people with an attitude of "I want something but am not willing to put effort towards it, and that's unfair."

Then you'd just have a forum full of people whining that the event is only accessible to high-level players, newbies are being punished, etc.

Honestly, I've taken the whole event at face value and have been having a blast with it. I don't find it to be any more grindy than the regular game, which is basically the same half-dozen or so mission types repeated ad nauseum. If you can't take the repetition, you should probably be looking into a different game.

DE ain't perfect, and no matter what, they aren't going to please everyone.

Personally, I'm not playing for the rewards. A new sword and pistol is cool, but I'm not going to be devastated if I don't get them. It's not likely to be better than my Despair/Soma/Ignis/Gremlins anyways.

If you're in this grind for a good weapon, go do some void runs. The weapon you'll get is almost certainly better and will probably be less of a grind. Cool looking too.

TL;DR- If you're not having fun, do something else.

It says something of the state of the game if the only definition of "skilled play" is deemed to be grinding against mobs with higher arbitrary values than others. I honestly wonder if the game lends itself to anything but grinding in its current incarnation.

But, OrdoCorvus is correct; this is a game, it's about enjoyment. And honestly, I'm rather enjoying the new game mode. I would just have liked a more interesting event, I suppose.

This event has been set up to cater to the casual.  5 missions goes by pretty quick and yes there are some random things where a single roller or shield osprey will end up in some corner and take extra time to find, but really most of the time they fly by.

If you have popped on and spent an hour or so and done the 5 missions on each node for the battle pay you would be at 90 by now and there is 3 days left.  Pop on do a few runs go away for a while, when you get a chance come back do a few more.

Granted I found some motivation to put in a bit more time this weekend due to the event but i've done quite a bit of NON event missions.  I am casual, what does that mean in my mind?  It means playing somewhere between 1-7 days a week from 1 mission to several hours.

Also if this isn't attainable for someone, you just don't get the reward.  There really does need to be SOME hoops to jump through for a reward.

But, OrdoCorvus is correct; this is a game, it's about enjoyment. And honestly, I'm rather enjoying the new game mode. I would just have liked a more interesting event, I suppose.

I like the idea of a dynamic star map, systems changing hands, bosses moving around even. That seems interesting and new to me.

I'd like to see more game modes rolled into this "choose a side" dynamic. As much as I love daleks, EXTERMINATE gets old. Let's see how mobile defense goes with whole armies fighting over it, or rescues, heck, endless defense with a big arena and a small army holding back a truly massive force.

People say that the "it's a beta" excuse doesn't fly anymore, but I don't really agree with that. There are only so many variables that developers can account for, especially when they're busy actually having to write the mechanics. They really can't know how it's truly going to go until they actually roll it out and test it, hence, beta test. I think this mode of play has huge potential, and if the Devs pay attention to the response from the event and adjust accordingly, it could be hugely fun.

What can I say? I'm a "glass half full" type of guy.

Suggested frames for this event are the following:

#1 Mag(if you ant proper loot) Spam "Pull"

#2 Nova Spam"M Prime"

#3 Ember

#4 Rhino

#5 Volt (for Rushing)

#6 Frost against Grineers/ Corpus(if you that really weak)

#7 Nekros, If you want a lot of loot since it is Galluim and Control mod farm.

Edited by Makemap

An easy way I didn't go crazy after attaining my 100th mission yesterday was to actually vary the weapons and frames used.  I used more weps and frames in 2 days than I normally would in 2 weeks.

Yes, I did the same, but that should not be an excuse for a lack of variety. Playing 1 mission 100 times in a week isnt too bad if you space out your runs, but it's the fact that it's one thing over and over and over. That is grind, and DE even stated in a dev livestream that they were trying to stray away from grind. Events like survival are awesome because we are not rewarded by how many times we did the event but by skill. I just wish there was a little more variety.

5 hours of repetitive gameplay. and that time is if you play against corpus. the grineer are though to kill, and you have to be very careful with the heavy units and the eviscerators

Not really, I've been running those missions supporting corpus as nova with a friend playing rhino. It was like 3-4 minute run.

But I agree with OP. This event is a complete fail, gameplay is boring, its just "go-in-press-4-kill-all" over and over again, reward system is royally f**ked up, the biasing of mission rewards totally screwed up any feeling of "war". This is no war, grineer just casually walked into corpus territory and corpus died just by looking at them.

I picked to side corpus cuz I like killing grineer, and I can spare a few plats on potato/slot if I find the weapon is worth it. Which I dont think it will be, the "water pistol" will still blow the sh*t out of those weapons most likely.

Honestly, the solution is simple:

Weekend events need to reward player skill, not grinding.

As long as the winner is just the person who sacrifices the most time, it's a futile exercise.

EDIT: Although, on second thought, nothing in Warframe really requires anything more than the most rudimentary of skills.

This a thousand times over..  This is what we have been trying to tell DE for so long.

I think a lot of people who claim it's easy to burn through the mission have forgotten one thing. 

The missions isn't so rewarding.

Poor mod drops.

Resources seems to be the same as Void.

So unless you have some switch in your head that can be turned off and not get bored at all this event would be a blast for most for that person. But for a lot of us, this event is boring as hell. It almost puts me to sleep if I played those missions too many times.

I was able to get up to 100 today and the last 6 missions where just so boring.

I'm never going to get the100 missions either. I have far too many commitments outside of gaming. However, I've zero complaints about this current event. There are rewards everywhere and the people who invest the time get more. It sounds completely fair to me. It would be less fair for the people/clans that've invested the effort and time, in turning the tides if war to their favor, to only get the same rewards as everyone else. I understand the frustration at the carrot just being out of reach, but 'que sera sera.'

Really, I haven't played warframe that long, but this new event is extremely taxing on casual players. I am lucky if I manage to cram three missions into my day's schedule, and now I have to do a mission 5 times to get the pay, and have to do a lot more to get the cooler stuff? And the worst part is that it taunts us with weapons I'll guess are exclusives, so it's now or never. better ignore my real life work, gotta get these rewards! This is extremely fustrating for me (and I guess I am not alone on this). It's good to reward players for playing, but it's not good to punish them for not playing enough. Perhaps doing less missions would have been better, but I guess it's too late to change now.

100 Missions over 7 days.

14 Missions Per Day, 2 days need 15 missions.

It takes 3-5 minutes to do 1 mission if you're in a group (or if you are a solo Rhino or Nova with something good like a Soma).

Are you trying to tell me that you cannot devote an average of 70 minutes per day to Warframe to earn the reward?

I think a lot of people who claim it's easy to burn through the mission have forgotten one thing. 

The missions isn't so rewarding.

Poor mod drops.

Resources seems to be the same as Void.

So unless you have some switch in your head that can be turned off and not get bored at all this event would be a blast for most for that person. But for a lot of us, this event is boring as hell. It almost puts me to sleep if I played those missions too many times.

I was able to get up to 100 today and the last 6 missions where just so boring.

Try using a Credit Booster, unless you're one of those tryhards who did thousands of Void Missions before the nerf. A lot of players were complaining about a lack of credits after the massive credit nerf.

Well, here you go. Missions reward 9,800 to 12,800 credits each if you buy a Credit Booster.

100 Missions = 980,000 to 1,280,000 credits, not counting any Battle Pay rewards.

And on the Subject of Battle Pay....

Potatoes, Forma, Mutagen Masses, Fieldron, Detonite, etc aren't good enough rewards for you? lol. Getting 5 Fieldron out of five 3-5minute missions isn't good enough for you? Also, it was possible to get two Vauban Parts (IIRC?), 1 of 2 Rhino Alt Helmets (the one only being on Alerts a whopping 2 times), and a 250k Credit Re-usable Blueprint.

These aren't good enough rewards for you?

What did you freaking want? Jeebus.

I don't have much need for money at the moment as I've bought most things the game offer. I also didn't farm Void before the nerf. Far from it.

The reward you get for doing the mission 5 times is nice but it's the mission itself. It's so boring. The reward from that mission alone are so bad for me that I don't need any of them. 

I got 1.5 million now as well and most like around 590k in total from the mission alone. But I could get the same result of playing a random exterminate mission on pluto or other high level planet. Then I'd most likely be able to see some better resources or mods.

100 missions is too much physically.

I checked my stats, ~1450 missions in 27 weeks; which works out to an average of 53 missions per week, gotten over 9 mil credits and 10k mods.

I'm at 78 missions in 4 days, my right wrist is totally busted and in pain (I'm stopping till wednesday to finish it up). And that's spacing out 20 missions per day. It's just not healthy to demand such a grind.

See, but tailoring all the rewards to casual players means that people who are -actually- investing time in the game are given a watered-down challenge.

Challenge? There is zero challenge here, just grind.

There is nothing good about the grind in this game disguising the extreme lack of gameplay content.

This event has already done a lot compared to other events by being scheduled for 7 days instead of the usual 2.  So just find some time to play, and even with a packed schedule you should be easily able to get 25 missions in 7 days which will get you the exclusive rewards.  The handcannons will either be clan tech or released in other events.

^ this, 5mins/mission...

you need 30 mins to get the exclusive weapon, if you dont have 30 mins in 7 days than it's "your fault" or you simply dont want those stuff enough to free some of ur time.

it's a game afterall, take it for what it is. (or if you take the "not getting reward" as serious business than you should play not as a casual but like the whole game is "serious business")

I wouldn't say five minutes per mission, more like maybe 8 or so. *shrug* Still, it's pretty easy to clear through at a good run. Despite not being able to play over the weekend, I've gotten 74 missions down, I have 26 more to go and I'll clear those easy tonight and tomorrow morning.