Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It is just weird

Ericronias7

1 minute ago, Ericronias7 said:

Why put a daily limit on standing? it just hinders progress 

That's the point. Investors like to see daily logins, not weekend warriors, so requiring players to log in the next day if they want to keep progressing makes things loook good to the investors. It also helps maximize development time: if it takes a month to make a piece of content, then you better make it take a month to complete said content. Even recent quests have been doing this: the initial quest is one-and-done and only takes a day at most, but it also introduces new content that will take a while to farm all of the new rewards from.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Ericronias7:

I get that, but at the same time with the addition of nightwave that has a new daily challenge everyday, it bugs me that I can advance to the next stage of Vox Solaris for another 24 hours

there people out there that waited mutch longer than that for a rank up be happy the new standing limits are increased for low level players so they can rank up faster then ever.

and by the way it gives the player a goal to reach.

1 minute ago, Ericronias7 said:

I get that, but at the same time with the addition of nightwave that has a new daily challenge everyday, it bugs me that I cant advance to the next stage of Vox Solaris for another 24 hours

nightwave elites and weekly chalenges can be recovered if you miss them, daily ones not

29 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

That's the point. Investors like to see daily logins, not weekend warriors, so requiring players to log in the next day if they want to keep progressing makes things loook good to the investors. It also helps maximize development time: if it takes a month to make a piece of content, then you better make it take a month to complete said content. Even recent quests have been doing this: the initial quest is one-and-done and only takes a day at most, but it also introduces new content that will take a while to farm all of the new rewards from.

Ironically wether you play once a day for a week or if DE removed the cap and we could max standing in a day or 2 it’s still the same amount of play time. Lol standing limit is not ok. What difference  does it make, answer is vary little. 

35 minutes ago, Ericronias7 said:

I hate it too OP. Having a standing limit is a cheap artificial way to boost online numbers. When in the end as soon as standing is max online number dwendle anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Ericronias7 said:

I get that, but at the same time with the addition of nightwave that has a new daily challenge everyday, it bugs me that I cant advance to the next stage of Vox Solaris for another 24 hours

this post is confusing me, how does nightwave relate to Vox Solaris in this context?

I kind of understand why DE time gates our progress but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. They try to limit our daily progression to extend content but in my very specific situation it's just locking me out of content instead. 

I was getting bored so I started a new account. I "need" to farm focus but I'm capped on daily so the best way is running eidolons. Obviously I want Vox Solaris parts but to reach R2 for Vox Solaris I fist need to max Solaris United. I don't care about farming Solaris United, too bad, sucks for me I have to. I'm weeks away from progressing to the point that I'd like to be. I'm at the point on that account that I log in rank standing and log off. 

I'm running around with an ungilded 111 amp and there is nothing I can do about it. I know how to run hunts I just can't. No point in using standing to build another Cetus amp since it means I'll just be adding time until I can gild anything. I'm weeks away from a Fortuna amp. Oh well.

I had a similar situation with a zaw. I had to reach R3 with Ostron to guild a zaw. By the time I reached R3 I had already gotten Broken War and that's better than the zaw I had. 

6 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I kind of understand why DE time gates our progress but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. They try to limit our daily progression to extend content but in my very specific situation it's just locking me out of content instead. 

I was getting bored so I started a new account. I "need" to farm focus but I'm capped on daily so the best way is running eidolons. Obviously I want Vox Solaris parts but to reach R2 for Vox Solaris I fist need to max Solaris United. I don't care about farming Solaris United, too bad, sucks for me I have to. I'm weeks away from progressing to the point that I'd like to be. I'm at the point on that account that I log in rank standing and log off. 

I'm running around with an ungilded 111 amp and there is nothing I can do about it. I know how to run hunts I just can't. No point in using standing to build another Cetus amp since it means I'll just be adding time until I can gild anything. I'm weeks away from a Fortuna amp. Oh well.

I had a similar situation with a zaw. I had to reach R3 with Ostron to guild a zaw. By the time I reached R3 I had already gotten Broken War and that's better than the zaw I had. 

No you're right it legitimately sucks. The only good part, though, is at least once you finish it you're done and that's it, besides the toroid farming for maintenance if you want to sell arcanes for hundreds of plat every few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Kill Profit Taker is a weekly in NW. They don't have the standing to run PT. Since you can't get taxi to PT they are waiting on standing to rank up. 

Yeh but that's Solaris United standing which is why I assume he's confused. I'd say the OP stated the wrong one.

9 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Personally I'd make a 223 amp which is what we all used for a very long time to do Hydrocaps until we got the extra amp parts from Fortuna. 223 works perfectly fine.

51 minutes ago, Ericronias7 said:

There are a lot of reasons. 

They would rather you play some every day, helps their numbers, than just a lot some days. 

They don't want you to burn out.

They want to control the arcanes and other stuff for plat economy so people cannot buy too much in a short time and dilute the market

etc. etc. etc.

Most players mostly feel this frustration while ranking up syndicates the first time, then don't really worry about it again. 

Maybe there could be some system to help people who are really close to ranking up and getting in those awkward spots where they have to wait almost 24 hours for just that last 2-3k of frustrating standing or whatever. But there are a lot of reasonable reasons for the system as it stands. 

25 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

No offense but you're trying to progress way too quickly. That's an honest symptom of a new account play through. You are cursed with knowledge and want to maximize that. 

I honestly don't mind daily standing caps as long as they are consistent and respectful of a players time. Deimos at launch is not what I call a fun standing experience, nor is how trivial Fortuna and Plains were after early adopters maximized their ranks.

12 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

1 is the best choice for madurai due the long range, crit chance and dmg, sometimes it's needed, more so if you aren't a pro eidolon hunter

True but I mean if you're using an x23 till you get Fortuna parts you're likely not doing 5x3s anyway.

2 hours ago, Ericronias7 said:

"It is just weird"

... Yes, this entire topic is just weird.

... I actually wanted to see you back when we were all limited to 4000 daily standing...

... First, experience it... And then, evaluate if its weird or not...

2 hours ago, Ericronias7 said:

The way around it is earning the currency on you own time and then on daily login you click a few menus and maybe foundry.

But in defense of the grind all games are repetition to some degree so I would not expect warframe to not have any grind.

My main two problems are how convoluted it is - for instance having to grind out several planets for xaku, hoping to trap you into doing several other un-related grinds, the "babushka grind".

The other thing is the shoe-horn grinds, gating rewards behind hated content to boost fake metrics for instance with the much hated planet-grinds.

It feels like it became a sleeping pillow for them, that they can get away with pratically criminally bad content knowing people will grind anything for MR or good stats.

I think they originally wanted to be visionary and rolemodels for the declining quality in video gaming, so I think where we ended up, they are just as disappointed as you are, if that's any consolation

Primarily it's to pad out the run time of content so that people don't finish the entirety of a new system within two days then complain that there is nothing to do and it looks better for a game to have a large number of active users than non-active users that put more hours in.

But it also helps with things like stalling burnout, kinda limits the progression disparity between players with too much/little time, and for Syndicates it's an incentive to work on MR (higher daily cap) instead of settling on a rank forever.

Really padding like this is something that will always be a staple in games (especially live service titles) so long as players play the way they do and investors invest the way they do. If it was removed entirely then something else would come in to take its place.

Archived