Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natah is just a poor quest

Zeddypanda

This whole thing is a filler episode. Imagine being a new player and having a bunch of veterans hype you over this cool story moment that happens when you get to Uranus only to listen to empty jabber by blurry-texture Lotus while defending a "bomb" that looks like a warframe cryopod and has an item label that says "Warframe Cryopod" on it. The whole quest feels like a teenager experimenting with a modding tool, but somehow he roped voice actors into it.

You can improve this quest by 400% by removing the final defense mission and just having the bomb be the computer you arm in the survival mission. It could also be improved by removing it entirely, but then you'd miss some mildly amusing Tyl Regor banter.

I recall the first time I got to it and thought "That's it? That's the amazing story this game has? Do Warframe players really have no taste whatsoever?" Second Dream saves it a little bit by, y'know, having actual effort put into it, but I'm sure a few players just uninstalled the game in disappointment after Natah.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

I thought ppl hyped up Second dream more than Natah. 

People don't hype up Natah, but I've seen discussions where new players are advised that there will be an amazing story when they get to Uranus. Maybe Natah is just so utterly forgettable the advisors don't realize the disappointment they've just set up.

30 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... ah, so that's your issue...

The entire quest is bland, but yes, that defense mission is absolutely the worst part.

On 2021-02-07 at 9:08 PM, Zeddypanda said:

People don't hype up Natah, but I've seen discussions where new players are advised that there will be an amazing story when they get to Uranus. Maybe Natah is just so utterly forgettable the advisors don't realize the disappointment they've just set up.

They're still grading to when it first came out and it was mostly played by people who had finished everything else. Back in 2016, when the Sentients were these weird bogeymen in the Excalibur Prime and Mag Prime codex entries, when we just about got to hear one of their voices in The New Strange, the reveal that Lotus is also a Sentient was explosive. We'd been working for a defected sleeper agent this entire time, and now her ex-bosses were out for revenge.

These days, you're likely to get there within two weeks while you're still processing everything else. You're more familiar with Fortuna than Lotus, and you're still trying to figure out what Deimos is and what Alad V is doing and all that other stuff. It just doesn't hit hard. And that's if you don't get it spoiled ahead of time so it isn't even a reveal anymore

Archived