The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100% Reworded & Better Clarified (Sevagoth with Tonfa Blades)

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I coment the effort but the idea iff tomfas is not as ridiculous as people are making it out to be

DxzMJf.jpg

48 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure you fully understand what a tonfa is...

The picture you have referenced has blades attached to the arms. These are not tonfas...

By your logic these would also be tonfas

71MFTZTaU6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

What im describing is far more like this from Prototype 1. Image of Alex Mercer recreated by Jaffa0072 from Deviant Art.

The weapon isnt an attachment, it is him

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzvQo6RSsJONdTgMXViqn

to people arguing about Tonfas: a Tonfa is a stick with a perpendicular second handle towards one end which allows it to be tucked under the arm. this is a Tonfa:

Image result for tonfa most people will likely be more familiar with it's more modern counterpart, the Nightstick, used globally by police forces and Riot Units.

regarding Sevagoth's claws, while I will admit we didn't really need another clawed frame, and he reminds me of the painful truths about how Valkyr desperately needs a rework and Garuda's Talons aren't even Exalted, I think the visuals fit him well enough. sure, Ghosts/Wraiths aren't known for having claws, but DE wanted him to be the next Edgy frame and i know there are stories of people who went "ghost Hunting" and ended up getting scratched by something with claws.... freaky!

16 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to people arguing about Tonfas: a Tonfa is a stick with a perpendicular second handle towards one end which allows it to be tucked under the arm. this is a Tonfa

Yes, the word "stick" can be replaced with "blade" to get the idea of a bladed version of one

For the proposal, the handle would be the warframes arm from elbow to shoulder

The rest be the blade

46 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure you fully understand what a tonfa is...

The picture you have referenced has blades attached to the arms. These are not tonfas...

By your logic these would also be tonfas

It's this desing but without a handle ( a really fantastical version of it )

e53fk7knmt131.jpg?width=644&format=pjpg&

since it has a stronger connection to the arm.

what you are showing is this 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

es, the word "stick" can be replaced with "blade" to get the idea of a bladed version of one

For the proposal, the handle would be the warframes arm from elbow to shoulder

The rest be the blade

fun fact: DE named the Kronen after the bada$$ Nazi Assassin from Hellboy, Karl Ruprecht Kroenen, who uses a pair of bladed tonfas quite wonderfully in the 2004 Hellboy film.

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

fun fact: DE named the Kronen after the bada$$ Nazi Assassin from Hellboy, Karl Ruprecht Kroenen, who uses a pair of bladed tonfas quite wonderfully in the 2004 Hellboy film.

Omg i never knew this!!! I liked Hellboy too!!

i might have to take the kronen prime back out on another date 

19 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Idk, i think it depends on how you look at it. If his hands were scythes it could very well look like tonfa blades

Above the elbow would be the stick of a scythe, below the elbow and towards the hand would be the blade of a scythe

Its whatever...

But then it is no longer a wraith, at that point you have some Silent Hill monster going instead.

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Define wraith...

I already did. And turning his arms into blades doesnt really fit the whole wraith theme. Why would a wraith have arms that are blades? The reason that wraiths like the reapers carry scythes is because it is a symbol of them harvesting or reaping someone, a symbol of the cycle of life and a tool for their job. That doesnt mean that all wraiths are reapers that carry scythes, they are just a form of ghosts and ghosts arent particularly known for carrying weapons, they do however have hands (hopefully).

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That doesnt mean that all wraiths are reapers that carry scythes,

And all wraiths do not have claws meaning that claws nor a scythe defines a wraith so no...

already did

... you have not

they are just a form of ghosts and ghosts

Precisely. A ghost, something dead

No human has long claws, a monster maybe, but no human. The wraith could maybe grow the finger nails into claws maybe but none the less, a monster is recreated instead of a normal human's hands.

This is what i was going for. Picture the blade as a single long claw from a finger if you will, the other fingers shrinking.

they do however have hands

They primarily do, yes

Ive reworded everything in the op, to hopefully give far better reasoning and clarity

4 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

And all wraiths do not have claws meaning that claws nor a scythe defines a wraith so no...

... you have not

Precisely. A ghost, something dead

No human has long claws, a monster maybe, but no human. The wraith could maybe grow the finger nails into claws maybe but none the less, a monster is recreated instead of a normal human's hands.

This is what i was going for. Picture the blade as a single long claw from a finger if you will, the other fingers shrinking.

They primarily do, yes

Ive reworded everything in the op, to hopefully give far better reasoning and clarity

I explained wraiths in one of my previous posts.

And how would adding "tonfa arms" or a scythe make it less of a monster and more of a wraith than having natural hands/claws? And even with one lengthened single claw it would still be a claw and not a tonfa or a scythe. What does a tonfa or a scythe have to do with a wraith anyways? We arent talking reapers here, and what familiar ghost/wraith lore do we have where a ghost runs around with a nightstick or Karl's wristblades, or has a hybridized blade arm that makes it look like casper the unfriendly chaos marauder?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

explained wraiths in one of my previous posts.

I must have missed it, my apologies

And how would adding "tonfa arms" or a scythe make it less of a monster and more of a wraith than having natural hands/claws?

I seek to do vice versa

And i believe wraiths with claws fall into the monster category instead of just a wraith anyway

And even with one lengthened single claw it would still be a claw and not a tonfa or a scythe

Claws curl

What does a tonfa or a scythe have to do with a wraith anyways?

Visually Compare the weapon "Hate" in warframe to the weapon "Kronen"

If you cant see the comparison, Hate simply has a longer handle than the kronen, and the kronen has a longer blade. Extend the blade and shrink the handle of the Hate, you have a tonfa; do the opposite to the Kronen, you have a scythe

1sec, adding another reply to your comment

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

arent talking reapers here,

Sevagoths theme is confirmed to be part reaper by the creater of it himself "Liger".

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

and what familiar ghost/wraith lore do we have where a ghost runs around with a nightstick or Karl's wristblades, or has a hybridized blade arm that makes it look like casper the unfriendly chaos marauder

Of the same rarity that you have a human eating space ninja, that eats with its belly

Sake of uniquness alone

22 minutes ago, ------Solo------ said:

At this point, i would prefer him to have a signature scythe melee that gets a slight bonus when wielded by Sevagoth, an actual scythe, not the pickaxes like hate that fall under the category of scythe. 

Lmao i cant win 😂😂😂 pickaxe! 😂😂😂😂

God thats funny, i though for sure i described it well enough then. Pickaxe, what a curveball 😂

To be fair! A pickaxe's.... pick? Is usually evenly split across a stick, not heavly leaning to one side of the stick. Its also not a "hooked" blade, as that would make it more of a scythe

For those who don't know: OP reference, Alex Mercer has a virus that can modify his body so the blade you see in pictures is actually his hand transformed. After sayong this I would preffer to see the blade for another infested Warframe or for the operator since we have the Zealot outfit but if you played during the NW Season 2 you will remember that a zealot had this blade while in the other hand he wielded the Zymos and another had dual blades! 

hace 18 minutos, ------Solo------ dijo:

At this point, i would prefer him to have a signature scythe melee that gets a slight bonus when wielded by Sevagoth, an actual scythe, not the pickaxes like hate that fall under the category of scythe. 

Wtf m8

Anyways I agree with the first part, I would like to see a Sentient Scythe as his signature weapon and yes I know that a hand cannon will be his signature but that doesn't mean he can't have another, Octavia came with the Tenora and Pandero so....

4 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

After sayong this I would preffer to see the blade for another infested Warframe or for the operator since we have the Zealot outfit but if you played during the NW Season 2 you will remember that a zealot had this blade while in the other hand he wielded the Zymos and another had dual blades! 

Dude that sounds sick!!!

Ive been wanting a melee warframe that uses multiple weapons as abilities. Zealot/infested theme sounds perfect

Nice one!

20 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

For those who don't know: OP reference, Alex Mercer has a virus that can modify his body so the blade you see in pictures is actually his hand transformed. After sayong this I would preffer to see the blade for another infested Warframe or for the operator since we have the Zealot outfit but if you played during the NW Season 2 you will remember that a zealot had this blade while in the other hand he wielded the Zymos and another had dual blades! 

Wtf m8

Anyways I agree with the first part, I would like to see a Sentient Scythe as his signature weapon and yes I know that a hand cannon will be his signature but that doesn't mean he can't have another, Octavia came with the Tenora and Pandero so....

What if this warframe was Nidus? The crafting would have to first be done, given to the helmith for consumption of whatever this crafted material is, and then injected into nidus to full on give him a new mutation featuring a whole new kit?

Throw in a new skin while youre at it, that you can unlock from mutating. Have it created by Vulbjorn

And helmith could take one of the abilities and put it onto any warframe for a temporary exalted weapon

Prototype vibe, intensifies

2 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Wtf m8

Well its strictly my opinion on how i look at the current "scythes", ofc everyone has their own views on weapon arts and i won't judge, but for me: 
Hate looks like a pickaxe.
Reaper Prime looks like a golden pickaxe.
Anku, i don't even know what part of it even is considered a scythe. That thing looks more like a mini axe. 
Ether Reaper, a big hatchet. \o/
Caustacyst, okay fair enough, just cus of the whole infested theme. 

hace 6 minutos, ------Solo------ dijo:

Anku, i don't even know what part of it even is considered a scythe. That thing looks more like a mini axe. 

Oh, I see.. you've never used the Anku, I had the same pov before I tried it and the fact that you can't see the "open" version in the arsenal isn't helping. (yes the Anku blade actually moves)

18 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I seek to do vice versa

And i believe wraiths with claws fall into the monster category instead of just a wraith anyway

Claws curl

Visually Compare the weapon "Hate" in warframe to the weapon "Kronen"

If you cant see the comparison, Hate simply has a longer handle than the kronen, and the kronen has a longer blade. Extend the blade and shrink the handle of the Hate, you have a tonfa; do the opposite to the Kronen, you have a scythe

1sec, adding another reply to your comment

Claws or simple hands are the most common depiction of wraiths, unless you go into very specific wraiths themes like those of Tolkien or the Warhammer universe. In LotR we have ring-wraiths that carry full plate and swords, in Warhammer wraiths just replace the iconic reaper, with the classic robed and hooded skeleton carrying a scythe. 

Claws curl? What are you even talking about at this point?

No matter how much we compare them, one is a scythe, the other is a "tonfa". Scythes are used for their iconic value, if we suddenly turn that into something else you dont even have a reaper theme going, since it is no longer visually a scythe. It is at that point just a weapon used by a wraith for no real reason whatsoever.

18 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Sevagoths theme is confirmed to be part reaper by the creater of it himself "Liger".

Of the same rarity that you have a human eating space ninja, that eats with its belly

Sake of uniquness alone

Liger doesnt represent DE. And even if his intent is reaper, it would be an actual scythe and not tonfas to fit the theme. And I'm not against a scythe if they wanna go full reaper on it. But tonfas just makes zero sense since they have no thematic connection at all. I just prefer the current claw idea given the aestethics of the frame and the "attachment". The claws come naturally with the form of the "pelt" while a scythe would be hidden where? As Deadpool said at times when he picked up loot in Marvel Heroes "Hng... You dont wanna know where I'm hiding that!".

The gluttonous space ninja comes from his themes, which are gluttony, oni and the possibly most famous troll in history Grendel. The bellymaw is common for gluttonous demons and trolls of myth are well known to eat men.

Archived