Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

1 minute ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Feed healmith any resources is hard to do unless your MR8+ and have a helminth segment. I'm mr6. Unless you desire to make helminth segment obtainable at any MR rank please give an option to get a different nightwave standing method. I remember the old alerts system and nothing was MR Locked. 

But in a moment tons of ppl will come here explaining to you why NW is better than alerts
While its not

So have fun ;)

Don't worry you'll still reach max rank if you do the challenges that you can. There's nothing wrong with a few progression locked challenges, it gives new players a target.

Sidenote - that means you've been MR 6 for over a year, so I'm guessing you didn't play much hence being a little limited in game options.

Any other reason for that to happen other than that you can't do it immediately?

1. There is going to be plenty of time for you to get 30+ on NW.

2. In which time you'd have gained those daunting +2MR and completed it regardless

3. As an MR6 it's perfectly OK for you not to be able to complete everything an MR30 can

4. Old alert system was locked by star chart and unlike NW it didn't have a catch up mechanic

5 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But in a moment tons of ppl will come here explaining to you why NW is better than alerts
While its not

Please, please, my eyes can only roll back so much.

3 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Feed healmith any resources is hard to do unless your MR8+ and have a helminth segment. I'm mr6. Unless you desire to make helminth segment obtainable at any MR rank please give an option to get a different nightwave standing method. I remember the old alerts system and nothing was MR Locked. 

This intermission is going to last for at least 2-3 months (if we're lucky - DE's recent history suggests it'll be more like 5-6)

That means you will have plenty of time to get to MR8, obtain the Helminth segment and get the NW standing from the "recovered tasks" pool long before the intermission is over.

The point of online games is to progress. 

If you just started playing, that's just how it goes. In 3 months you'll probably not even remember this and you'll be sliding through the game just fine like anyone else. 

The Helminth was originally supposed to be for MR 15.....but it was changed to accommodate you. Some people wanted to make it MR20.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

I hate mr requirements even when I'm mr25. Removing those will make the game much more streamlined and fun.
mr matters as much as de want it to matter and in this point it time is just useless things that just stop the progression of new tenno only 

Every game has a progression system. This is warframes particular version. 

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Every game has a progression system. This is warframes particular version. 

mr is not a progression system
It's an artificial stop-blocker to make you farm/sell more useless things in the game.
It doesn't give you real progress in your power or anything, you get that from mods and farming focus.
It doesn't represent anything more then "I farmed and leveled all this junk, I'me awesome for farming junk, right?!"

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

It's an artificial stop-blocker to make you farm/sell more useless things in the game.
It doesn't give you real progress in your power or anything, you get that from mods and farming focus.
It doesn't represent anything more then "I farmed and leveled all this junk, I'me awesome for farming junk, right?!"

That's odd, the amount of toroids I can submit to Little Duck has increased significantly since my MR raised.

11 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Then what is it? Mastery is necessary for unlocking new weapons, new daily standing limit, void trace storage, and story quests. Going through these things, getting stronger weapons, is not progression?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That's odd, the amount of toroids I can submit to Little Duck has increased significantly since my MR raised.

That's the same thing that I said - artificial stop-blocker.
Did you acquire a new power, new skill/skilltree, new lore, new options with every mr, new anything relevant to the gameplay of the game itself?
No the only thing mr gives is a little convenience and it's really little in every way.

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

Then what is it? Mastery is necessary for unlocking new weapons, new daily standing limit, void trace storage, and story quests. Going through these things, getting stronger weapons, is not progression?

yes, because they are blocked by the mr
and "stronger weapons" pls, the weapons are stronger mostly because if the mods you have, not that they are strong to begin with
broken war for example is an mr5 weapon that is one of the strongest weapons in the entire game, but without mods is as sh1t as the rest of them
mr didn't give you the mods, you farmed them(or bought them, your choice)
daily standing is also capped by the mr, not the other way around

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Did you acquire a new power, new skill/skilltree, new lore, new options with every mr, new anything relevant to the gameplay of the game itself?
No the only thing mr gives is a little convenience and it's really little in every way.

Do I really need to copy and paste the benefits of higher MR to you from a wiki? I definitely remember wanting to reach MR 13 to get a Kronen Prime.

6 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I remember the old alerts system and nothing was MR Locked. 

Locations were locked in the star chart. You could not access some planets until you cleared the Junction Relay. I remember trying to get taxi'ed to the Eris Relay for Baro, but game said "no".

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

It's an artificial stop-blocker

iirc Warframe's daily standing cap used to be more limiting and was not related to a player's MR level.

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

This sentence does not make complete sense to me. Personally I'm happy that this game mechanic forced me to throw away my Stug so I would have room to try new weapons.

6 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Feed healmith any resources is hard to do

DE has already made accomodations for you (players that cannot complete challenge X). "Feed the Beast" is only worth 1500 standing, it is not a bug. If you think about it, all the players that already have the Helminth are being punished.

EDIT: Looks like 1500 is a bug after all. You can go back to complaining bitterly about your choice to not level up your MR.

42 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I don’t see why that isn’t an obtainable goal within a week? 🤔 

and if not, multiple weeks so you can complete the bounty next time.

I’m able to just about all content, and there are some bounties I opt to miss. You don’t need to do all of them.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Do I really need to copy and paste the benefits of higher MR to you from a wiki? I definitely remember wanting to reach MR 13 to get a Kronen Prime.

That's exactly my point, is it so hard to understand?
You had to farm A LOT of useless stuff, just to get the weapon you wanted and probably sold most of them along the way.You didn't "master the weapon" you just use it as a stepping stone because you were blocked from getting your desired one.
Do I need to write it slower? :>

7 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The quests do have MR requirements. Weapons are also unlocked as you progress in MR.

Once you hit MR15-18 you have access to just about all prime weapons. In, by design, is a progression system.

Call it a “stop-blocker” if you want, but that doesn’t mean anything. You could say the same thing about any game with levels, level requirements or stat requirements. They are progression systems, wether you call them that or not.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

You had to farm A LOT of useless stuff, just to get the weapon you wanted and probably sold most of them along the way.You didn't "master the weapon" you just use it as a stepping stone because you were blocked from getting your desired one.

Let's see the definition of progression: 

the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.

"the normal progression from junior to senior status"

I'd say we're definitely progressing with the mastery system.

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

No, you just need to understand that that’s a progression system. What you describe as “levelling junk,” you can just as easily describe as “experimenting with new weapons and builds, and gradually expanding your options in a way that is suppose to reflect your understanding.”

6 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

My MR 6 rivened Serro doesn't seem useless.

This is a good example of the "why do I have to work for this?" argument

Requirements are a deterrent for those who don't want to work for something, in order to further themselves in something. 

Requirements are there to reward those who work for it, and filter out those who don't. 

Whatever it may be Life, or a in game. There will always be prerequisites to most everything we want to do, if we want to achieve something further than what is already given to most.  

What are you going to do when a steel path challenge shows up, kill 1000 steel path enemies. Judging by this complaint, it may take you longer to do that then to get another 2 MR. 

Just now, Charlotte said:

Let's see the definition of progression: 

the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.

And what exactly does advance in your arsenal or your character with mr alone?
Ger rid of your mods, disable your focus tree and see what will change if you are mr5 or mr30. Absolutely nothing.You get 0 powers from mr, 0 new items from mr, 0 lore from mr(if you don't count the titania quest).
Again, you can't grasp a simple concept - not what is now because you can't change it, but why is it there.There is no other reason except to make you farm more fodder items(read play the game longer), because you want to get the little number next to your nickname.

If you are that new, I heavily advise against investing resources into helminth in the first place. I think it would be best if you just skip that weekly, I am not entirely sure about the exact number but only like 60% of all nightwave tasks are required to get to the final reward. The season will probably be extended anyway.

38 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

It is, your denial to accept it as such is irrelevant.

Using the word artificial to describe mechanics in a video game is the same as describing buildings as man-made. Sure you are correct, but is there an alternative?

Contradictory to your post, I believe a good progression system does exactly what this does, enables you to grow in power easier, rather than power being dependant on it.

As if in other games, the systems don't represent more than "I spent x time killing mobs and going from A to B, I'me awesome for farming mobs, right?!"

Archived