Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

12 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Ok so again what possible harm would be done if there was no NW acts locked behind MR?
Would you me or any1 else lose anything if that would happen?

Actually, yes! Not having one of the exact acts you've mentioned (Profit Taker) would have hurt me. I started playing during Series 2, so at the start of Intermission 2 I was about ready to try doing all the upcoming acts. And the first time the Profit Taker act came around, I tried doing it and found out that my SU standing was not high enough. That told me where my progress was lacking and where I needed to improve. So by the next time the act came around, I made sure to fill that gap. Having something in-game tell me "here is an activity you can do, but you need to do such and such to prepare!" helped me progress. Not having such a milestone would have hurt my progress.

20 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Sounds to me like you are happy that seller care to shove you extra stuff like snickers or extended warranty or another debet card just so you can try new stuff
I dont see a problem in showing a player that there is some different content in the game 
I see big problem in locking rewards for new players who want to progress behind things they most likely dont want or cant atm do
I dont like animal captures i dont do them simple i dont ask for their removal i dont give a F about them
But when players need JUST FOR EXAMPLE nitains and they are locked out of possibility to get them and FEEL forced to do something they dont want to get them
Thats not good game design we all here want BETTER CONTENT and not artificially forcing us to like some content

Nobody is forced to do anything! Warframe is just a game! It has no effect on your real life! By playing the game, you are opting into it systems - you can stop any time you like!

Nightwave rewards are not something you're entitled to, that DE is keeping away from you behind tasks! It's something DE is offering to you in exchange for some investment of your time (into doing those tasks). In terms of real-world items, it's not an extended warranty - it's a discount voucher: invest a bit more to make use of it  or throw it away - you are not losing anything either way! And if a player feels forced to do anything whatsoever in-game - they should put the game down and seek help! Anything in-game is first and foremost an opt-in: I chose to do this and that to get such and such reward.

29 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

There will be no better lesson not to put ur hand into fire other than big burn on ur hand

Yet we don't tend to give kindergardners a functioning flamethrower! New players usually need to be taught what's what. Otherwise they'll get overwhelmed and discouraged - and then quit. The amount of resources the Helminth system can eat up is virtually infinite as far as a new player is concerned. Letting them dump everything they have in it would lead to far too many people not wanting to restart the whole farm and leaving.

36 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

We are talking here about nightwave and not MR tests

We are talking about obstacles and incentives to in-game progression. Since Warframe's main progression system is Mastery, with Mastery Ranks being milestones in this progression, MR tests are inevitably part of the conversation.

51 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I just want to say forcing player to do content he/she dont want is not the way

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything! NW is offering you a reward if you do the task, not taking something away if you don't! If you choose to do the task, you get the reward. If you don't do the task - you don't loose anything!

Your whole argument seems to come from the assumption that you (and other players, including the new ones) are entitled to the NW rewards, and that pesky DE are keeping those things away from you! THIS IS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS! NW is not taking things away from you if you're being naughty and skipping your tasks - it is rewarding you for engaging with chosen systems and pieces of content. And there is nothing wrong if some of those chosen systems happen to require some in-game progression.

If anything, I think MORE of the NW tasks (especially the elite weekly ones) should involve parts of the game people don't usually engage in - that would allow more newer players to try that content out (because it would be easier to find squads for that content on corresponding weeks). Some of them might actually enjoy it!

I mean there WAS one other way of getting Standing in the Glassmaker season... it was ... HOL UP, DETECTING GLASS RESONANCE, IT'S CLOSE!

but I think I can safely speak for the majority when I say we DON'T want the glassbois back again.. I've started to enjoy their absence, the Stockholm Syndrome has finally worn off.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)CodyXSavageX said:

Irrelevant to the main premise and does not fall within the OP's argument. Whether or not MR should be abandoned and left to a new system is a another discussion in of itself. However it would need to be as flexible if not more flexible than MR if people were to complain about doing x activity rather than achieving a certain MR

Actually perfectly relevant
IDK if you noticed but only players defending the NW locking something behind MR here are ppl who are not affected by it anymore
If you dont believe just do /profie NICKNAME check their MR and open your eyes
You think im wrong? Well maybe i am but how about act like do 3 PVP matches in conclave eh?
I would love to hear opinions of all players about how they are not forced to do it and how happy they are that we have act that encourages them to try different things in warframe ;)

Just ask yourself why you see ppl complaining about NW and not asking for NW to do more of what it does (for example kill jordas golem as an act or complete 3 SP nodes)?
In same fashion why ppl complain that something is locked behind MR in NW that blocks their progress and you dont see ppl asking to bring more MR locked content to NW?

27 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Actually, yes! Not having one of the exact acts you've mentioned (Profit Taker) would have hurt me. I started playing during Series 2, so at the start of Intermission 2 I was about ready to try doing all the upcoming acts. And the first time the Profit Taker act came around, I tried doing it and found out that my SU standing was not high enough. That told me where my progress was lacking and where I needed to improve. So by the next time the act came around, I made sure to fill that gap. Having something in-game tell me "here is an activity you can do, but you need to do such and such to prepare!" helped me progress. Not having such a milestone would have hurt my progress.

Nobody is forced to do anything! Warframe is just a game! It has no effect on your real life! By playing the game, you are opting into it systems - you can stop any time you like!

Nightwave rewards are not something you're entitled to, that DE is keeping away from you behind tasks! It's something DE is offering to you in exchange for some investment of your time (into doing those tasks). In terms of real-world items, it's not an extended warranty - it's a discount voucher: invest a bit more to make use of it  or throw it away - you are not losing anything either way! And if a player feels forced to do anything whatsoever in-game - they should put the game down and seek help! Anything in-game is first and foremost an opt-in: I chose to do this and that to get such and such reward.

Yet we don't tend to give kindergardners a functioning flamethrower! New players usually need to be taught what's what. Otherwise they'll get overwhelmed and discouraged - and then quit. The amount of resources the Helminth system can eat up is virtually infinite as far as a new player is concerned. Letting them dump everything they have in it would lead to far too many people not wanting to restart the whole farm and leaving.

We are talking about obstacles and incentives to in-game progression. Since Warframe's main progression system is Mastery, with Mastery Ranks being milestones in this progression, MR tests are inevitably part of the conversation.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything! NW is offering you a reward if you do the task, not taking something away if you don't! If you choose to do the task, you get the reward. If you don't do the task - you don't loose anything!

Your whole argument seems to come from the assumption that you (and other players, including the new ones) are entitled to the NW rewards, and that pesky DE are keeping those things away from you! THIS IS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS! NW is not taking things away from you if you're being naughty and skipping your tasks - it is rewarding you for engaging with chosen systems and pieces of content. And there is nothing wrong if some of those chosen systems happen to require some in-game progression.

If anything, I think MORE of the NW tasks (especially the elite weekly ones) should involve parts of the game people don't usually engage in - that would allow more newer players to try that content out (because it would be easier to find squads for that content on corresponding weeks). Some of them might actually enjoy it!

You would get there just by needing more credits and someone telling u why profit taker is named PROFIT TAKER

Again i wish we had NW act like win 3 PVP fights in conclave and then just sit here and watch all the love for it flows through this forum and its posts ;)

Yeah ur 100% right he could just get few MR and he would learn so much and earn from it he could easily put a shame on all MR 30 players

And again we are talking about PART of the game which rewards him with things like nitains or potatoes he can do without a problem but there is some part of it that is locked behind MR he refuse to gain
And reaching that MR would most likely change nothing in his progression other than being able to finish that helminth act
While MR tests are different system not having much in common with NW itself

Ok so if nobody is forcing any1 and its just offering what bad will happen when task would be little different that any1 could do without requiring any MR?
At this point i care to know what is ur agenda here? Because in reality all u do here is trying to justify why lower MR players should be locked out of some rewards on MR
When you can just get anything with ur MR from NW so you are literally acting against some group of players while admitting its just an option not something everybody must do
And still making a problem out of it if it would be not locked behind MR in some acts

I dont believe any1 is entitled to anything in this game and now your argument about me reading more careful looks even more stupid since it turns out u dont understand or read what i wrote
I just say dont lock some stuff on NW behind MR so much is not locked behind MR on NW why anything there should?

I do understand ur point here but u see there is difference in
Hiding something behind PVP in warframe
And making PVP as much of a fun content that ppl will want to participate in it on their own
Were in both cases its something u need OR want just to progress your way trough

7 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Since the main quest line doesn't require above Mr 6 I choose to remain mr6 being forced to level up is rediculous. If they wanted the whole helminth system to be for late game people they should of made it the last rank of entrati so that way someone who wants to be higher Mr can go well I don't want to grind entriti for months might as well level up my Mr so I can get standing easier. 

Then you choose to limit your options and that's on you not the developers. They are not obligated to cater to your entitlement.

Helminth was originally locked behind higher MR but too many low MR players cried about it.

Levelling up is not ridiculous it's a fundamental of the game, progression through grinding. Literally what Warframe is.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Actually perfectly relevant
IDK if you noticed but only players defending the NW locking something behind MR here are ppl who are not affected by it anymore
If you dont believe just do /profie NICKNAME check their MR and open your eyes
You think im wrong? Well maybe i am but how about act like do 3 PVP matches in conclave eh?
I would love to hear opinions of all players about how they are not forced to do it and how happy they are that we have act that encourages them to try different things in warframe ;)

Just ask yourself why you see ppl complaining about NW and not asking for NW to do more of what it does (for example kill jordas golem as an act or complete 3 SP nodes)?
In same fashion why ppl complain that something is locked behind MR in NW that blocks their progress and you dont see ppl asking to bring more MR locked content to NW?

Whether or not these people who are high MR are discussing MR is not the issue but rather, the fault lies in what is progression you're looking for and how does it help anyone?

Mastery can be replaced with related prerequisites acts a player must complete in order to engage with certain content and activities, we can remove mastery points and just let people take the MR tests to prove themselves of being able to effectively use their arsenal rather than being given a free arsenal with no sense of accomplishment. 

If we had more nightwave acts that encouraged different areas of content which also had an mr requirement the same arguement would come back.

people will complain about needing to do specific content, people will complain about needing to pass a hard test, people will complain about needing to rank up mastery fodder, people will complain that there is no challenge or sense of progression when everything is given to them.

EVERYONE has to start from the bottom and progress through the game, the specific problem here is not of the game's direct fault to get players to progress if it was then the OP would have an argument. Rather it is a player that feels they have no need to progress and refuses to engage with the game's choice of progression and demands that nightwave which already has made steps to help new and late starting players via catchup mechanic but also does not require every challenge to be completed to receive the main 30 reward path allowing someone who is not of the appropriate MR to do every challenge to reap the necessary rewards to remove all mr requirements for the sake of their arrogance.

Also the OP has stated that they only became mr6 to get through the main story and had no interest in side content therefore his entire argument is contradictory to his claims and has no business complaining if he does not want to do the bare minimum to engage in side content let alone make any claims if the next quest is mr9 making his premise even more questionable

11 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Feed healmith any resources is hard to do unless your MR8+ and have a helminth segment. I'm mr6. Unless you desire to make helminth segment obtainable at any MR rank please give an option to get a different nightwave standing method. I remember the old alerts system and nothing was MR Locked. 

MR locked no, but it was progression locked if you didn't have the node open.  And then you had to get the nodes clear before the alert ended.

DE specifically balance the points to allow people to miss roughly half of the challenges and put in a mechanic that let's you bring back ones you missed.  You can't get it right now but you have the time to reach MR8 & complete previous challenges to get to this one.

Yeah, alerts were nice but it's not as forgiving to players as NW is.

1 hour ago, (PSN)CodyXSavageX said:

Whether or not these people who are high MR are discussing MR is not the issue but rather, the fault lies in what is progression you're looking for and how does it help anyone?

Mastery can be replaced with related prerequisites acts a player must complete in order to engage with certain content and activities, we can remove mastery points and just let people take the MR tests to prove themselves of being able to effectively use their arsenal rather than being given a free arsenal with no sense of accomplishment. 

If we had more nightwave acts that encouraged different areas of content which also had an mr requirement the same arguement would come back.

people will complain about needing to do specific content, people will complain about needing to pass a hard test, people will complain about needing to rank up mastery fodder, people will complain that there is no challenge or sense of progression when everything is given to them.

EVERYONE has to start from the bottom and progress through the game, the specific problem here is not of the game's direct fault to get players to progress if it was then the OP would have an argument. Rather it is a player that feels they have no need to progress and refuses to engage with the game's choice of progression and demands that nightwave which already has made steps to help new and late starting players via catchup mechanic but also does not require every challenge to be completed to receive the main 30 reward path allowing someone who is not of the appropriate MR to do every challenge to reap the necessary rewards to remove all mr requirements for the sake of their arrogance.

Also the OP has stated that they only became mr6 to get through the main story and had no interest in side content therefore his entire argument is contradictory to his claims and has no business complaining if he does not want to do the bare minimum to engage in side content let alone make any claims if the next quest is mr9 making his premise even more questionable

Believe me i understand what you mean and what you are trying to explain to me while i know all that mechanism more than you could imagine
If you want to talk strictly about OP then he is 100% right if alerts were not replaced with NW there would be no problem at all
I say if a player dont have required MR replace some acts for him with different acts he can participate in
And even if removing that acts for every player would happen no1 would come here and cry about it

And yet again let me repeat myself
If we would have act like win 3 pvp fights in conclave just try to fatom what kind of love post we would have towards that act ;)

I am not trying to judge if its ok to lock acts behind NW or not
I just say with alerts there was no problem now there is with NW
And since many NW acts dont require specific MR why there should be any that do?

About OP if someone dont want to do some content why should he have locked some rewards behind it if in the past they were not?

Maybe more simple example would be myself
I dont do eidolons i dont do exploiter orb i dont do animal captures
I am MR30 i can do them all solo without a problem but just because i can and because i progressed enough does not automatically mean i will enjoy it or want to do it
Someone who did not progress enough to do them wont do them just like me but from very different reasons
So in the end i have same problem as OP as we both wont do some acts difference is only in the fact i can but wont and he would but cant

And that is exactly why i believe we should not advocate for something against some players since we are not in their position
We should look for middle ground and not defend solutions that could be executed better

11 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

he would but cant

And that is exactly why i believe we should not advocate for something against some players since we are not in their position
We should look for middle ground and not defend solutions that could be executed better

he won't but can

Also, I'm not trying to defend the current model. What I'm saying is that even if we make a beneficial change to how progression is measured the core of the argument will not be satisfied. I agree with you that improvements can be made to make a better progression model, there isn't much for me to disagree with you on that premise other than your application of said premise.

23 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

About OP if someone dont want to do some content why should he have locked some rewards behind it if in the past they were not?

This point doesn't apply to the OP's case as I said before he's not inhibited by an inability from the game itself but by their own pride. Your argument of making accommodations and improving things is not wrong, however If I can't to do content because I refuse to participate in any progression system you offer me out of spite, then I believe fault should be placed on me and not you. 

This is why I said it's a different issue, I and most likely many would agree with you but just not on certain terms

1 hour ago, (PSN)CodyXSavageX said:

he won't but can

Also, I'm not trying to defend the current model. What I'm saying is that even if we make a beneficial change to how progression is measured the core of the argument will not be satisfied. I agree with you that improvements can be made to make a better progression model, there isn't much for me to disagree with you on that premise other than your application of said premise.

This point doesn't apply to the OP's case as I said before he's not inhibited by an inability from the game itself but by their own pride. Your argument of making accommodations and improving things is not wrong, however If I can't to do content because I refuse to participate in any progression system you offer me out of spite, then I believe fault should be placed on me and not you. 

This is why I said it's a different issue, I and most likely many would agree with you but just not on certain terms

In short of it i am aware we are both right while i see your point clearly and i agree with it even so it still harms some players even if they desire to experience game in different way than others
But i ask simple question if there would be no MR barier for NW acts who would suffer from that?

I see this problem same as with pirating games
People who dont want to buy a game and want it just to play it wont buy it even if it would be ultra cheap or unable to being cracked

Armed with that knowledge we can either change NW acts to ones that dont require MR or keep them MR locked and make specific players unhappy
While i never seen any forum post mentioning that NW should have more MR locked content
So?

Well in the end which game developer would wish for a player to feel unhappy by playing game he created?

Something not really mentioned, is the fact hitting the first several MR locks take little to no time if you play the game, it's possible to actually get the experience needed long before you're even allowed to hit the MR due to the 24 hour timer between rank ups. As the game ages, it gets even easier to do this due to more and more equipment and sources of MR Exp being added to the game. Actually, I'm pretty sure the timer receives a lot more complaints than the MR system itself.

The op exercising their right in not participating isn't due to the fault of the game, and just like our friend in game says: Your actions have consequences...

vor 15 Stunden schrieb vegetosayajin:

mr is not a progression system
It's an artificial stop-blocker to make you farm/sell more useless things in the game.
It doesn't give you real progress in your power or anything, you get that from mods and farming focus.
It doesn't represent anything more then "I farmed and leveled all this junk, I'me awesome for farming junk, right?!"

While we are at it, I cannot raid in World of Warcraft in level 5, please remove this artificial stop-blocker.

In Cyberpunkt 2077 I could not kill the boss 15 minutes into the game, please help!

In Destiny 2 I am forced to level up my light level so I can participate in some activities, please remove this.

How long do you want me to go on?

Yeah, I know what you are going to say: "In those games I become stronger with levels/gear". But I sincerely hope that this is an artificial power level as well. Warframe could introduce that in a heartbeat by making your dmg lower or design weaker weapons, the lower your MR is. And I think we can all agree that this would suck for everyone, right? So please do not beg for it.

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Again i wish we had NW act like win 3 PVP fights in conclave and then just sit here and watch all the love for it flows through this forum and its posts ;)

Actually, I would love to have a conclave-related Nightwave act or recurring event (probably recurring event - doesn't fit with NW thematically). For exactly the same reason as I like the Profit Taker/Exploiter/Tricap acts: it would drive new players towards trying out that part of the game (some would try it an leave, others would like it and stay)! It would need to be something more along the lines of "participate in 5 matches" rather then "win 3" - but those are minor details. But then again, I actually find conclave to be a really enjoyable game mode (as long as your mindset is "how can I improve?" rather than "give me rewards NOW!")! But sadly, that is unlikely to happen.

And again we are talking about PART of the game which rewards him with things like nitains or potatoes

Here's the key word you're overlooking: "REWARDS". "Rewards" for what? For progressing in-game to the point where he can do certain activities and for doing said activities in the time frame. Players are not entitled to those nitains or potatoes - they are given a chance to earn them. And if said players choose not to fulfill the prerequisites - it's their choice and they should not expect to be still given all the associated rewards.

Ok so if nobody is forcing any1 and its just offering what bad will happen when task would be little different that any1 could do without requiring any MR?
At this point i care to know what is ur agenda here?

As I've said before, I think it is good for a task to make newer players look into in-game systems they may not have experienced yet.

Bounty/hunting/fishing tasks nudge them towards open-world content. Profit Taker/Exploiter/Tricap/Iso Vault tasks nudge them towards those late-game activities. Lich tasks nudge them towards Lich-related content. Railjack tasks nudge them towards Railjack content. Same for ESO, Nightmare missions, syndicate missions, etc. They all point players at things newer players could use to discover, nudging them towards engaging with said systems.

Now we have the Helminth system - a powerful mid-to-late-game system that DE have recently introduced. I see nothing wrong with having a NW act pushing people towards engaging with it. It would very much fit the pattern. And in this case, DE have chosen literally the easiest Helminth - related task they could have thought of!

As for MR locks - they are pretty irrelevant! Up to a certain point, you get Mastery pretty much passively, just by playing the game. And that point is a very very long way past the 160K total mastery to reach MR8. All you have to do is complete the tests that pop up. You don't even have to go as far as the first non-trivial test (the one for MR9)! The locks in question are only an issue for players who try REALLY hard to make them an issue.

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I just say dont lock some stuff on NW behind MR so much is not locked behind MR on NW why anything there should?

Why not? Why can't one in-game system (Nightwave) be dependent on another in-game system (progression)? You've been claiming that is bad - but why?

There is nothing wrong with the game not rewarding players who choose not to engage with its core systems! It is their choice, and they have chosen to forfeit the rewards tied to it. If they change their mind - they are welcome to engage with the progression system once again. I'm sure the next MR test is ready and waiting (and if not - there are plenty of stuff to level)!

If another player now says they refuse to do any Exterminate missions - are you going to be advocating for removing the "do 3 exterminate missions" NW act too? Because that's exactly the same type of complaint!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

I say if a player dont have required MR replace some acts for him with different acts he can participate in
And even if removing that acts for every player would happen no1 would come here and cry about it

And yet again let me repeat myself
If we would have act like win 3 pvp fights in conclave just try to fatom what kind of love post we would have towards that act ;)

Honestly, I can't believe that this is even a discussion.

I took a 5 year break and came back to the game and immediately stumbled upon Nightwave glassmaker season. Uh nice, a bounty like system with stuff for me to do. Alright, 3 times assassination was done fast, but what is that? Kill a Lich? Then I learned that to kill a lich, I need to do some quests, need to find a larva, kill it, then I need to find 8 mods to actually be able to kill the lich, then I need the gear to kill it.

Did you see a posting from me asking to get rid of this so I can do Nightwave? No, guess what: I did the quests, killed a larva, grinded the mods and killed the lich. And I did not even do it the first time it popped up, I took my time to get ready if it comes up again.

Honestly, if getting from MR6 to MR8 is such a big thing, this game is not for you. And they are not randomly locking game content (well, they do, but not in this case), because Deimos is way harder than other content and you need to be prepared and not be a burden for groups that you roll with.

And here is some universal truth about all video games: All developers want you to play their game for some time. In WoW, you need to level up/gear up, to get to some content, in Cyberpunk you need to level up, in Destiny you have the light level and in Final Fantasy you have to grind up some levels/gear as well. It is the nature of the game. And if levelling up in WoW feels like a burden, well, it is time to play another game, not complain in the forums.

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

While we are at it, I cannot raid in World of Warcraft in level 5, please remove this artificial stop-blocker.

In Cyberpunkt 2077 I could not kill the boss 15 minutes into the game, please help!

In Destiny 2 I am forced to level up my light level so I can participate in some activities, please remove this.

How long do you want me to go on?

Yeah, I know what you are going to say: "In those games I become stronger with levels/gear". But I sincerely hope that this is an artificial power level as well. Warframe could introduce that in a heartbeat by making your dmg lower or design weaker weapons, the lower your MR is. And I think we can all agree that this would suck for everyone, right? So please do not beg for it.

Why do you want to replace one terrible system with another terrible system?
Are you in the design guild "Let's fuk gamers all the time with the worse ideas!"?
I don't want to remove the mr progression, but change it, because now mr doesn't give you damage(mods do) and really anything, how much time people confuse access to a weapon/frame with the fully modded weapon/frame?
tl;dr change mr to give something in addition to the current gameplay, not just remove it. Something meaningful like the focus system for example but made better.
Yes, you will have access to all the weapons and frames from the get go, but without mods they are the north side of useless, no? You sill have to farm for those mods, level them etc.
And mr can give additions to that - larger enemy radar(on top of the current mods), sprint speed etc things that will not break the game at the first 10-15 ranks and the further you get , it can give more unique capabilities(finishers perform a radial blind or something, more affinity range) and when you get to the last ranks you get innate boosts to something you will choose from a tree of possibilities. And those are just random ideas, not something I though for a long time with a team of 200+ people that can do it if they wanted to.
In short the be a real progression system, not just "I farmed "X amounts of junk stuff" to get to the not so junk that I wanted".

14 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

tl;dr change mr to give something in addition to the current gameplay, not just remove it. Something meaningful like the focus system for example but made better.

What part of the focus system would you like that improvement to mimic?

The way I see it, the focus system is an additional system that significantly raises your power level and that is semi-linked to MR (you need a certain amount of MR progression, but you also need to do a quest for it). If that's what you want - then I'd agree that it would be good to have more of such systems revealed at different levels (perhaps, MR milestones). But the you're in luck - we've just gotten another such system - the Helminth segment! A.k.a. exactly the thing the OP was crying about having to engage with!

Or do you just want an unlockable skill tree? Because that would be kind of boring.

As far as having base stats improve with MR - no thank you! For high MR, those would be pretty irrelevant, but for lower MR (who might  actually have a use for the better stats) this would likely be a straight up nerf. As for unique selectable warframe/weapon properties - higher-MR players already have those. They are called augment mods and weapon passives.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Stalker_says_hello:

I choose to not be Mr 8

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Stalker_says_hello:

Wow your farming level is so much higher than mine doesn't mean I suck as a player. 

I mean, in the context of what you're complaining about it kind of does mean exactly that since you clearly made a wrong choice as a player.

47 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I mean, in the context of what you're complaining about it kind of does mean exactly that. Since your choice apparently was the wrong one.

It's actually even more hilarious than that! Once the OP realised he's not getting any sympathy in this thread, he actually made a duplicate one to see if he gets a different answer there!

Unfortunately for him, people seem to have caught on

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

We do count the quests, all the quests.

Ok, tell me what new lore gave you mr10? mr11? mr23? mr16? What new things unfolded before you story wise once you finished the test?
Did the Lotus fly to you in a bright light and told all you wanted to know? Did mr24 answered anything new? 

21 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Ok, tell me what new lore gave you mr10? mr11? mr23? mr16? What new things unfolded before you story wise once you finished the test?
Did the Lotus fly to you in a bright light and told all you wanted to know? Did mr24 answered anything new? 

I didn't realise Warframe was a story driven MMO, stop defending this tool.

I'm gonna summarise once and for all, wether all those who chose to accept it or not is of no concern. 

1. Chosing on one's own to not partake in whatever progression system any game has (regardless of how aRtIfIcIaL you find it) is entirely the person's fault and nobody elses.  Everything that said person can't do is the direct consequence of their own decision.

2. There is not one single game that offers the entirety of it's content to new players, or players who willfully decline to follow the given progression system.
      Example: In wow people can lock their characters at a lower level and none of them made a thread about their inability to raid. 

3. It's complaining about helmith now, after that it would be "Hydrolyst Hunter" because some other random declines to use operator and it goes on.

4. If DE had listened to every self centered, entitled self-proclaimed game designer out there, we'd have everything right after our first login and that wouldn't be much of a game.

5. Last, but not least. In no consievable universe were alerts better than NW. With NW we traded potential instant reward for definite eventual reward, in which case if you are going for something specific, the latter is always the better, albeit the more frustrating option for anyone who can't evaluate potential vs actual rewards.
Simply put Nightwave gives better rewards, slower, as opposed to alerts, which gave more, but of little value, faster.
Both can't coexist in any meaningful way, because a game that barely charges you for a anything can get away with only throwing so much free stuff at you.

And to address my favorite excuse "I could just press a button and hop into a mission", because we don't have a Star chart, Incursions, Arbitrations, Siphons, Invasions, Syndicate missions, Fissures or Sorties. It's those 500 rubedo that made it so sweet.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

So again what harm it would be if OP would not be locked out of content because of his low MR?
Who would lose anything on that?
What harm could it cause if you could have heminth on lower MR?

First of all, if you are too lazy to get from MR6 to MR8, then you won't be happy to grind Rank 3 in Deimos affinity, grind affinity needed to buy the Helminth parth, grind the resources needed to build Helminth part. But what is the harm if we reduce that to 0 as well?

Hell, what harm would it be if we had a giant button that gives us everything in the game right after we installed?

But I can answer you the question "who would lose anything on that": The developers would lose, because their game is no longer played for 3k hours, but only for 3 hours maybe. A lot of energy to play a game comes from a sense of progression. You can easily test this by using cheatcodes for a game. Once you have enabled all weapons or highest level, your will to play will diminish to nothing very fast.
And I think you should be able to see that a game where 1000s of hours of manpower go into developing it, should not be played for 3 hours only.

A sense of progression is important, because only then it makes sense to stay in the game for longer.

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Honestly, I can't believe that this is even a discussion.

I took a 5 year break and came back to the game and immediately stumbled upon Nightwave glassmaker season. Uh nice, a bounty like system with stuff for me to do. Alright, 3 times assassination was done fast, but what is that? Kill a Lich? Then I learned that to kill a lich, I need to do some quests, need to find a larva, kill it, then I need to find 8 mods to actually be able to kill the lich, then I need the gear to kill it.

Did you see a posting from me asking to get rid of this so I can do Nightwave? No, guess what: I did the quests, killed a larva, grinded the mods and killed the lich. And I did not even do it the first time it popped up, I took my time to get ready if it comes up again.

Honestly, if getting from MR6 to MR8 is such a big thing, this game is not for you. And they are not randomly locking game content (well, they do, but not in this case), because Deimos is way harder than other content and you need to be prepared and not be a burden for groups that you roll with.

And here is some universal truth about all video games: All developers want you to play their game for some time. In WoW, you need to level up/gear up, to get to some content, in Cyberpunk you need to level up, in Destiny you have the light level and in Final Fantasy you have to grind up some levels/gear as well. It is the nature of the game. And if levelling up in WoW feels like a burden, well, it is time to play another game, not complain in the forums.

From you no from others yes
Let me repeat myself ppl come here complain about NW no1 is coming here asking for more of what NW is
The fact you or i dont complain about something only proves we dont give a fak about it and not that its ok

And you are in no position here to tell me or any1 else if this game is for us or not
Can we experience the game as we want and not as u wish us for? Pretty please?

If i want play only with melee weapons not touching guns can i do so please?

And you totally failed to see the point of this topic thats another example why you should not voice ur opinions about who should and should not play this game
OP does not ask I WANT THAT but i wont progress to get it i just want that
OP just stated that in previous system there would be no problem with him getting what he want while playing as he like
With new system that is taken from him and he asks to make it so it work like in previous system
So he does not demand something that didnt exist but something that change to worse in his eyes
But apparently you fail to see anything beyond urself

4 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Actually, I would love to have a conclave-related Nightwave act or recurring event (probably recurring event - doesn't fit with NW thematically). For exactly the same reason as I like the Profit Taker/Exploiter/Tricap acts: it would drive new players towards trying out that part of the game (some would try it an leave, others would like it and stay)! It would need to be something more along the lines of "participate in 5 matches" rather then "win 3" - but those are minor details. But then again, I actually find conclave to be a really enjoyable game mode (as long as your mindset is "how can I improve?" rather than "give me rewards NOW!")! But sadly, that is unlikely to happen.

Here's the key word you're overlooking: "REWARDS". "Rewards" for what? For progressing in-game to the point where he can do certain activities and for doing said activities in the time frame. Players are not entitled to those nitains or potatoes - they are given a chance to earn them. And if said players choose not to fulfill the prerequisites - it's their choice and they should not expect to be still given all the associated rewards.

As I've said before, I think it is good for a task to make newer players look into in-game systems they may not have experienced yet.

Bounty/hunting/fishing tasks nudge them towards open-world content. Profit Taker/Exploiter/Tricap/Iso Vault tasks nudge them towards those late-game activities. Lich tasks nudge them towards Lich-related content. Railjack tasks nudge them towards Railjack content. Same for ESO, Nightmare missions, syndicate missions, etc. They all point players at things newer players could use to discover, nudging them towards engaging with said systems.

Now we have the Helminth system - a powerful mid-to-late-game system that DE have recently introduced. I see nothing wrong with having a NW act pushing people towards engaging with it. It would very much fit the pattern. And in this case, DE have chosen literally the easiest Helminth - related task they could have thought of!

As for MR locks - they are pretty irrelevant! Up to a certain point, you get Mastery pretty much passively, just by playing the game. And that point is a very very long way past the 160K total mastery to reach MR8. All you have to do is complete the tests that pop up. You don't even have to go as far as the first non-trivial test (the one for MR9)! The locks in question are only an issue for players who try REALLY hard to make them an issue.

Why not? Why can't one in-game system (Nightwave) be dependent on another in-game system (progression)? You've been claiming that is bad - but why?

There is nothing wrong with the game not rewarding players who choose not to engage with its core systems! It is their choice, and they have chosen to forfeit the rewards tied to it. If they change their mind - they are welcome to engage with the progression system once again. I'm sure the next MR test is ready and waiting (and if not - there are plenty of stuff to level)!

If another player now says they refuse to do any Exterminate missions - are you going to be advocating for removing the "do 3 exterminate missions" NW act too? Because that's exactly the same type of complaint!

I really dont care what you love as you should not care what i love
It was simple example so u can understand how it would be if rewards would be locked behind other players dont like
But as i see u fail to see beyond your nose

Again problem is not with him refusing to progress problem is with him being able to play as he like and get rewards in previous system and in new one he is locked out of SOME rewards
But again u fail to see beyond urself

If you believe we need nightwave to point players into some activities that would just show how shallow warframe is for you
If you really believe warframe content need to be shoved into players throats you for sure are not experiencing it in a correct way

You are getting lost in your ideaology
You want ppl to try different content? Ok cool but you are all in to lock that content behind MR?
So if someone like OP wnat to try that content but refuse to gain more MR you are fine with him being locked out of that content?
So you want ppl to try different content or no? Im confused?

Again you fail to understand difference between I WANT THAT just because i want it and i refuse to work for it
With in previous system i could get that without a problem now with new system im locked out from it just because i want to experience this game in a different way

Same as above

You really dont understand what you are talking about and now Extermination?
We are talking about the fact he was able to participate in previous game reward system with his unique gameplay style
Now with new one he is locked out of it at some point

When you will understand the difference between that 2 things?

Archived