Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

18 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Are you aware that his postings get a couple of likes each time and you get nothing? Maybe it is time for some self reflection?

Just leave him.

He is one of those ppl who will argue with everyone until the death of the universe. And even after that.

He doesn't care if almost nobody is sharing his opinion that's for sure.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

Personally i believe the MR requirement for Helmith should be higher. Because MR8 is pretty much nothing. You do not have to do much to reach MR8 and already you have a extremly resource demanding feature avalible to you for a new player.

Yeah it’s interesting seeing how new players engage with the system. My boyfriend watched me play warframe for months before he started. He wanted to have infested mobility on his Mesa, like mine, because he LOVED watching me use her 4 while jumping around. It’s why he wanted to play the game to begin with.

But here’s the thing, his Hemlminth system has in a very large way dictated his progression. There’s been quite a few things he’s avoided building because he’s already struggling to keep his Helminth fed.

There’s a few categories that are easy to keep full, but others are very much dictating how he plays the game a lot of the time.

So I’m kind of split on this. On the one hand, I’m glad it was an obtainable goal for him at first, but at the same time, he’s not really in a position to take full advantage of it, which has been a little disheartening.

I'm not reading all 7 pages of this thread, but I would like to restate OP's opinion from the perspective of someone who is MR 30 and has zero trouble accessing any of the NW challenges.

All the ones that are MR locked and most of the challenges in general are not actually challenges.  The 90 Capture is a challenge, even if it's an easy one.  Even the head shot kills is a challenge, though also easy.  Applying forma requires no skill, and technically not even any gameplay.  Doing the Profit Taker fight isn't a special challenge, it's just a requirement to run a specific mission.  When I think of special "challenges" in games, I think of speedruns, stealth runs, getting through a fight without taking a hit, etc.  

I remember when game achievements first became a thing, it was all actual challenges that required you to do things that were actually engaging and maybe even kind of crazy.  I remember the general gaming community disliking when games starting putting in achievements like "completed the first level" and other completely mundane things because they're hollow as hell.  That's exactly what these challenges are.  Complete the first level.  Complete the second level.  Jump 150 times in a game where general traversal is done by jumping.  I'd rather have more engagement in the challenges like the 90 second capture, than just "run 3 of this mission type.  Now run 10 of this mission type."

Feeding Helminth isn't a challenge, it's a grind lock to tell you that if you want the NW standing you have to grind through multiple different quests and systems to acquire the thing that lets you do the completely braindead action that completes the "challenge".  "Kill Profit Taker" isn't even a challenge (I say this as someone who has completed this challenge this week and has an average solo PT time of <6m) because it's just another grind lock.  You can just get carried through the fight so long as you've done the grind to get to the fight.

Most of these things are completely meaningless chores, that are far more work for far less reward than alerts were.  I've shown the math on that in past threads, I'm not arguing it with any of you again, so miss me with it.  They had the opportunity to create some engaging and fun challenges and it's just all braindead activities with a bunch of grind locks on them.  I'm really tired of explaining to newbies that they can't even get taxied into PT and just have to miss out on that standing because the fight is locked behind an entire syndicate's worth of grind.

With the flimsy excuses some of you make for DE on things like this, they could probably put in a "challenge" to play a mission as Excalibur Prime and you'd defend it with some "Well, you should have been a Founder like a decade ago." BS.

22 hours ago, hix3r said:

Warframe has an "median hours played" of 6 and a half hours on Steam. (https://steamdb.info/app/230410/graphs/)

This means that 50% of all the accounts that ever played this game on Steam played for less than 7 hours ever. I would estimate that 80-90% of all the accounts ever created play this game for less than 150-200 hours. The average total playtime is around 140 hours. If you play this game for 3k hours you are an outlier, not an average player.

All those progression systems that are meant to keep you "engaged" for 3k hours are not even played by most.

Why? My opinion: because the progression systems in this game get repetitive and boring fast. It's fun to meme about calling the game "Grindframe", and "you better love grinding, lol" etc. but the play stats indicate most players just quit this game around the time they played all the quests and tried a couple WFs. Progression by itself never solves engagement, players need to have fun first. If it's not fun playing anymore, progression systems do nothing.

Some people are bandwagoners that jump from game to game, or just play multiple games at once.

Some people have short attention spans. 

Some people aren't into sci-fi and may like sports games.

Some people look for a game they like and play it for 5 years.

Some people are just more casual players and aren't made for online MMOs. 

Every game can't be mario kart. Some people want to start a level 1 character and become level 100 and gain years of experience in an immersive world. There are many games for different types of players.

You can't expect to play WoW for a 2 weeks and head out, it's gonna take more time than that and some people can't handle that and it's ok. 

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Are you aware that his postings get a couple of likes each time and you get nothing? Maybe it is time for some self reflection?

I was not aware we are using this forum to get likes
Seems i am not the one that need some self reflection

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Sure go ahead, as long as you don't complain on every corner and try to change the game to the worse. If you think, alarms were that great (like keeping an app running and logging in when the game needs me to, which is no big deal though, because the rewards were trash tier anywhere... some MR fodder + Vauban is all that ever was), more power to you, because you can play invasions, which are a slight derivation form alerts and very close to the original thing.

Then you can think of NW as something new and we all have our peace, ok?

I clearly stated players who dont meet certain MR should not see acts they cant do and that acts could be replaced with different acts they could do
So players who have higher MR could have acts that meet their capabilities and lower MR players would not feel penalized

Nothing would change for you yet you refuse lower MR players option to clear all acts suited to their MR just because you want to not because you gain or lose something

That alone proves what kind of person you are and further argument with you have next to none sense so have fun and farewell

Btw i liked both ur post i quoted so u ur ego could grow even bigger ;)

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm not reading all 7 pages of this thread, but I would like to restate OP's opinion from the perspective of someone who is MR 30 and has zero trouble accessing any of the NW challenges.

All the ones that are MR locked and most of the challenges in general are not actually challenges.  The 90 Capture is a challenge, even if it's an easy one.  Even the head shot kills is a challenge, though also easy.  Applying forma requires no skill, and technically not even any gameplay.  Doing the Profit Taker fight isn't a special challenge, it's just a requirement to run a specific mission.  When I think of special "challenges" in games, I think of speedruns, stealth runs, getting through a fight without taking a hit, etc.  

I remember when game achievements first became a thing, it was all actual challenges that required you to do things that were actually engaging and maybe even kind of crazy.  I remember the general gaming community disliking when games starting putting in achievements like "completed the first level" and other completely mundane things because they're hollow as hell.  That's exactly what these challenges are.  Complete the first level.  Complete the second level.  Jump 150 times in a game where general traversal is done by jumping.  I'd rather have more engagement in the challenges like the 90 second capture, than just "run 3 of this mission type.  Now run 10 of this mission type."

Feeding Helminth isn't a challenge, it's a grind lock to tell you that if you want the NW standing you have to grind through multiple different quests and systems to acquire the thing that lets you do the completely braindead action that completes the "challenge".  "Kill Profit Taker" isn't even a challenge (I say this as someone who has completed this challenge this week and has an average solo PT time of <6m) because it's just another grind lock.  You can just get carried through the fight so long as you've done the grind to get to the fight.

Most of these things are completely meaningless chores, that are far more work for far less reward than alerts were.  I've shown the math on that in past threads, I'm not arguing it with any of you again, so miss me with it.  They had the opportunity to create some engaging and fun challenges and it's just all braindead activities with a bunch of grind locks on them.  I'm really tired of explaining to newbies that they can't even get taxied into PT and just have to miss out on that standing because the fight is locked behind an entire syndicate's worth of grind.

With the flimsy excuses some of you make for DE on things like this, they could probably put in a "challenge" to play a mission as Excalibur Prime and you'd defend it with some "Well, you should have been a Founder like a decade ago." BS.

What you've said here are all valid points about NW challenges in general and this challenge in particular. I would also like to add that this specific one (as well as challenges like "guild a kitgun/zaw") actually punish progression past a certain point:

• I already have all the kitguns/zaws I need or want, so I'd need to build-level-guild one more just for the challenge
  • I have already subsumed all the warframes, infused what I wanted and fed the Helminth to full. So for the challenge I needed to do an extra infuse so that I can feed the helmint again.

These are very minor annoyances, but they are still design flaws.

However, that is not what the OP's complaint was! The OP's complaint was effectively "I choose not to rank up past MR6, so there should not be any MR locks past that level!". And this complaint is utterly ridiculous, even if he happened to make it using the example of a challenge that is problematic for other reasons.

Archived