Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for Advice for the Grendel Chassis mission

Sharpstriker

Question

Currently stuck with the chassis mission (defense, corpus enemies, lvl 40+, 15 waves, no mods/ gear/ operator/etc...). Anyone got any suggestion for how to handle this mission solo since I can't seem to get anyone in public mode and no one seems interested in recruit chat.

Current frames tried and results
Saryn: No dropped energy orb so I couldn't recycle the spore miasma combo
Octavia: Couldn't get enough energy to drop to keep mallet + resonator going. Got pretty far but eventually ran out of revives.
Frost: Enemies are a high enough level that they can eat through a un-modded bubble in seconds so I don't think he's the way to go.
Limbo: Cataclysm doesn't deal enough damage to kill so when they step in they can just go ham on the target with not much I can do.
Nidus: Keep running into energy problems because I can't get a good enough grouping of enemies without using his 2, and when I do use that I end up just short of what I need for his 1.  

Any suggestions would be helpful.

6 answers to this question

Solo, Revenant, Kuva scepter if you have it or a good melee. Strat is to cast ONLY ONE thrall ability per level on a moa annd let it shoot the others to make allies. Now that they're no longer hitting you or the pod you can melee slam in peace. Watch out for grenades and leave 1 alive to lwt the pod regen if necessary at the end of a wave.

I just did this last night, using a build I found here: https://marvweb.com/icefields-of-riddah-solo-grendel-chassis/

Hildryn with Blazing Pillage and Balefire Surge augments. Augment mods still work even though other mods don't. Keep Haven up while enemies are near and hit Pillage frequently. It'll strip their shields, give you shields, and deal Heat damage that'll cook them. Balefire Surge lets you pop Nullifier bubbles.

It also says to use a Fragor Prime as it has decent unmodded stats, which I found to be helpful for the two Bursas that show up on the last wave.

It's pretty easy, but kind of a slog. Good luck!

Hildryn with her 4 replaced with ember's fireblast and all the augments you can put on. As melee i would go dual ichor for the innate toxin damage. Spam fireblast and pillage with haven up so you put out all the heat procs in the world while also being pretty much invincible. It's not as fast as a two people setup but i suppose it'll do.

It's not really something you can test to get the best strat, and stuff keeps changing. But for solo I recommend Wisp and spamming Pupacyst heavy attack slams (they do pure toxin). IDK if there is a good Helminth ability, but here are notable ones.

• Spellbind - w/ aug gives you double energy if you manage to hit 4 enemies in a cast. Plus status immunity and CC.
  • Vial Rush - uses a cooldown instead of energy
  • Empower - 50% ability strength for only 25 energy
  • Eclipse - lot of damage for 25 energy
  • Etc...

I'm pretty sure Dispensary despawns before it even makes energy, let alone more that it cost. Spectrorage with aug you'd need to kill ~6 enemies to just break even with energy. You can animation cancel by rolling so you don't need Eternal War IMO.

Archived