Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BUG: Unveiling multiple Rivens with the same task simultaneously

EpicediumGB

Had Riven mods for different weapons ( pistol / primary / melee ) that required the same task 'catch  4 fish without missing a throw'. 

Entered Cambion Drift (9th February 2021 at around 11PM UTC) and only 1 was unveiled, the other was lost, nowhere in inventory and Riven capacity reflected that the mod was indeed lost.

Similar issue ( May 2020 ) at https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1190037-bug-lost-riven-mod-while-doing-the-task/

Could be an edge case, for now it's probably best not equip multiple Riven mods with the same unveiling task.

7 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Are you sure?  According to our logs, you unlocked two rivens at the same time, yesterday, on Cambion Drift. One is for Pennant (melee) and other is for Gaze (kitgun). When I look in your account, both rivens are there and can be equipped

Thank you for the reply :-)

Rivens were equipped on primary, secondary and melee ( 3 rivens in total ) before entering Deimos.

Both one and two were 'Catch  4 Fish without missing a throw' Rivens and the third was 'Catch one Fish, Mine one gem or metal, and kill one enemy in # seconds' Riven.

On exiting the mission, the Riven unveiling only showed two Rivens, one of which was a 'Catch 4 Fish without missing a throw' challenge' Riven and the other was the 'Catch one Fish, Mine one gem or metal, and kill one enemy in # seconds' challenge Riven.

When checking the weapons after mission, all 3 Rivens were gone from weapons but only 2 were unveiled in Riven mods. None of the veiled Rivens left in the mods bench had a 'Catch  4 Fish without missing a throw' or 'Catch one Fish, Mine one gem or metal, and kill one enemy in # seconds' challenge and the number of free Riven slots reflected that a Riven was 'lost'.

The post was intended to highlight a potential bug / issue - I'm not too concerned about losing the Riven, bugs happen and it could just be a perfect storm / edge case! :-) 

Sincere thanks again for the reply, really appreciated! :-)

• 1 month later...

There's definitely a bug with riven challenges if multiple rivens share the exact same challenge.

I just completed 3 riven challenges (primary, secondary and melee) in one mission on Plains of Eidolon: two had the exact same "6 head shots on unalerted ballistas" and the 3rd was "12 headshots over 100m"

When I exited the area it only unveiled two rivens (Tombfinger was one, unfortunately I forgot which the other one was). However all 3 rivens disappeared from my weapons.

Unfortunately I can't tell if the 3rd riven just disappeared or was unveiled without showing up in the UI after the mission. Kind of hard to keep track at over 110 riven mods ;)

Best case it's a cosmetic bug and the duplicate-challenge rivens don't appear in the after-mission screen. Worst case it actually destroys riven mods that share challenges.

I'm pretty sure i had this same bug sometime within the last month, spent the day opening a bunch of rivens and noticed it happened possibly twice.  But i was not paying attention to what rivens were being equipped into the primary/secondary/melee slot if they were zaw/kitgun or just normal ones.  I thought it was maybe related to the sporelacer rivens, i have two in my inventory currently and i most likey got them during that day.  I also noticed another tigris riven in my inventory that might have been opened that day but not shown. but with so many rivens, i might have had that riven for a long time and just not noticed it.

I have 167/180 rivens and pretty sure that number stayed the same after the mission.  I figured it was maybe a UI issue that just never showed what riven i had unlocked.  The first time was doing a def misison with same rivens and the second time would have been in the plains doing something.  But not really paying attention to what was equipped, and not really caring too much about getting another riven i just ignored it.

• 3 months later...

Same just happened to me. Twice. All the rivens were "kill sentient" related, and I did in the Plains of Eidolon; only to find 2 rivens at the end of mission, instead of 3, and the rivens were apparently gone or at least didnt show. 

Archived