Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Steel Path Sortie

PollexMessier

Sorties are pretty notorious for the bad rng on their rewards. I think it would be both a fun challenge and a rewarding late game feature to have a steel path version of the sortie with much better drop chances of the more desirable items, or maybe altered drops that are much more rewarding. Like 3 forma bundles instead of 1, bundle together [exilus adapter, catalyst, and reactor], have 3-5 times the kuva reward, remove [atayan sculpture, endo, and riven] from the pool entirely (riven removed instead of bundled since if you're beating steel path sortie you're probably capable of farming riven slivers effectively, making it redundant), and legendary core moved up to rare drop instead of an ultra rare one. Maybe put in 100 untradeable plat and/or umbra forma as ultra rare rewards (100plat is absolutely fair for that late in the game, if anything it's a bit low). Just go absolutely crazy with the rewards to make it well worth the extreme challenge. and you should be able to run both this and the regular sortie on the same day.

The extreme level of dedication to the game needed to reach that point is well deserving of rewards of that caliber. and if you don't think so, maybe make clearing steel path Mot (and the minimum number of required nodes per planet to reach that point as an anti taxi measure) a requirement to unlock it. \

Clearing the entire steel path star chart would be too steep of a requirement for just about anything except some snazzy cosmetics for bragging rights imo so I wouldn't go that far.

you failed at 3 forma as reward, itself. devs dont want to give you free forma as it's one of the most buyed resource with plat. potatoes are not so much because every month we can easily get 4-5 of them, even more with nightwave. they even removed the plague star event where players could farm 200-300 formas. i think they should have once a week Sorties, then your rewards can be applied.

3 forma /

both potato / exilus - weapon exilus adaptors

10k kuva /

3 riven bundle - random /

10k endo (obviously they will shove this since DE loves endo as placeholder reward) /

7-day boosters (any one - including the mods one)

(just for the sake of rare reward) legendary core - can stay super rare since its not that important for end game player as we can farm that kind of resource in couple days

asking for plat is too much, so lets just avoid that.

22 hours ago, Dauggie said:

asking for plat is too much, so lets just avoid that.

The plat was just a suggestion to add more potential drops since my other suggestions reduced the actual number of potential rewards by a lot. The idea being plat is always a highly sought after resource. But by that point in the game most players will have access to ways to get stuff that sells for large amounts of plat quite quickly anyways. I could probably rack up enough stuff to sell for that amount of plat faster than I could complete a steel path sortie just once. It wouldn't be a ridiculous ask for such a late point in the game. I contemplated saying add a unique resource that would be an alternative to plat for buying cosmetics exclusively (some mmos have something similar to this). But plat seemed fair enough and less work to put in. It sounds absurd given there's no direct way to earn plat anywhere in the game aside from player trading, but given it's placement and rarity it would be fairly reasonable. For all the effort and attempts it would take even 500p would be underselling it, but enough plat to get 2 deluxe packs felt overdoing it. Even if trading for that plat is an order of magnitude faster. But yes I know that one's a long shot, hence why I thew it at the end of the suggestions under "maybe".

The point is to give genuinely compelling reasons to actually do them. I did maybe 20 regular sorties of my own volition (IE before nightwave started telling me to), before just not caring anymore cus I felt like I could get just about any of the rewards far easier some other way, and 99% of the time I was just getting endo, sculptures, kuva, or rivens anyway. Endo and the sculpture speaks for themselves, and I don't much care for rivens, but if I did there are more reliable ways to get kuva I could spend my time on, and I have more shards than I could ever convert into rivens at this point. If the rewards aren't worth it, hardly anyone will bother. and that would be a shame cus it would be a genuinely compelling challenge with an additional 100 levels plus sortie modifiers. Maybe they could even set it to have 2 modifiers at once.

Anasa Ayatan Sculpture - 28.00%*
Riven Mod - 27.90%†
4,000x Endo - 12.10%‡
6,000x Kuva - 12.00%‡
3-Day Booster - 9.81%^
Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
Forma - 2.50%
Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2.50%
Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 2.50%
Legendary Core - 0.18%

After playing 2.5 years I can say that I don't care for 4000 Endo at all, I think I have 200k+ already without farming it. The last time I spent some was Primed Firestorm and Fulmination. Rivens don't need really much Endo. Anasa statue is kind of insult of a reward as I don't like decorating my Orbiter.

6000 Kuva is a very outdated reward. I can earn 10k within 10 min in Steel Path reliably. It should be at least 30-50k for me to bother (especially if there is a 10 waves def involved).

So if it was like that in SP sortie, I'd be playing it every day:

Common - riven mod or 50k kuva (no Anasa, no Endo)

Uncommon - Boosters

Rare - forma/catalysts/weapon exilus

Legendary - Umbra forma or at least Aura forma (no Legendary core.

Le 15/02/2021 à 10:49, Scar.brother.help.me a dit :
Riven Mod - 27.90%†
4,000x Endo - 12.10%‡
6,000x Kuva - 12.00%‡
3-Day Booster - 9.81%^
Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
Forma - 2.50%
Legendary Core - 0.18%

After playing 2.5 years I can say that I don't care for 4000 Endo at all, I think I have 200k+ already without farming it. The last time I spent some was Primed Firestorm and Fulmination. Rivens don't need really much Endo. Anasa statue is kind of insult of a reward as I don't like decorating my Orbiter.

6000 Kuva is a very outdated reward. I can earn 10k within 10 min in Steel Path reliably. It should be at least 30-50k for me to bother (especially if there is a 10 waves def involved).

Uncommon - Boosters

Seems fine.

I would do sorties again, for sure.

Level could be (based on Sedna highest node):

• Sortie 1: 150-160
  • Sortie 2: 165-180
  • Sortie 3: 180-200

Available after Steel path nodes completion.

On 2021-02-15 at 1:49 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:
Riven Mod - 27.90%†
4,000x Endo - 12.10%‡
6,000x Kuva - 12.00%‡
3-Day Booster - 9.81%^
Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
Forma - 2.50%
Legendary Core - 0.18%

Uncommon - Boosters

If aura forma's in there it should really be rare not legendary. There's not a lot of frames I would even consider needing an aura forma on, and they're not too difficult to just get from arbitrations anyways. I still maintain having rivens as an option is redundant, as by the time you get that far you'll be able to farm riven slivers reliably anyways, and even if you're not patient enough to play steel path missions long enough for eximus to spawn a lot. Eximus stronghold could still be a modifier that happens with sorties that would likely net you enough slivers for a riven that way too.

Having a very small list of highly desirable options that aren't easy to farm somewhere else and are a constant need in the game, like large quantities of kuva, forma *bundles* catalyst, reactor, exilus, boosters ext. would be the appeal as it would practically guarantee you get something you want as a reward every time. That's really the only way to put in a game mode players would want to play consistently. Something DE is struggling very hard to manage. Rivens and Aura Forma don't really succeed in being perpetually desirable rewards that wouldn't just be easier to get somewhere else if you really needed them. But you have the right idea

That's the point I was trying to get across with my reward suggestions. DE has a horrible habit of putting in literal garbage drops that are so useless you might as well have gotten nothing, Into reward pools of things they have no business being in, and/or drops you only ever need one or two of, making getting duplicates of them actually equivalent to receiving nothing (like warframe parts in bounty rewards), often times ether being the most common drops or sharing the same pool as the thing you actually want. Essentially disrespecting the players' time which DE does a lot of. Something in this game needs to subvert that trend, and Steel sortie in particular seems like an excellent option for that, as you genuinely have to work to get to a point to do it reliably, and it is genuinely rewarding to do every time you do it. It becomes a goal for new players, and a reason to keep playing for old ones.

Side suggestion: Rare or legendary drops of tradeable loot like weapon parts, tradeable cosmetics, or landing craft parts, that are unique to steel sortie. Something like this would be incredibly valuable both as an indirect way to earn platinum and a motivator to buy it as they would end up being very desirable items sold at very high prices and be one hell of an extreme incentive to do them every day. That wouldn't feel like DE is just wasting your time with garbage.

Sets of parts would have to have equal drop chances tho, because differing rarities of parts to the same thing cause massive problems with trade values where the more common parts trend down overtime, and the rarer parts trend up, as supply and demand shift in those directions indefinitely. Eventually culminating to a point where the more common parts are worthless, and rarer parts are far too pricey to buy. Essentially breaking the whole purpose of their inclusion.

Archived