Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Days: Update 29.8.0

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, MONSTERaider said:

Few suggestions:

- Please allow us to move rooms in Dojo with their decorations.
- An option for copying a group of decorations all together, also the ability to move a group of decorations at once.
- Allow Deimos pets to equip armor like any other pet?
- Buff the capacity slots on the rest of aura mods to match Steel Charge, make them all 9.

Also what happened to the modular Archwing project?
Thanks for the update DE!

Gods, yes, please let us rearrange our Dojo without tearing everything down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed cases of constantly failing ‘Area Control’ Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon due to required enemies being spawned on the other side of the Plains.

The Grineer were cleverly retaking control of their camps by vanishing to the other end of the world!

They could do this because they know Tenno have ridiculously short attention spans and just wander off if there's no one to kill.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ------Solo------ said:

Wings, i personally got mixed feelings about the ephemera, while yes they look quite nice on some frames, they literally cover half of your screen and you can't see anything thats in front of you, unless you aim 24/7. 

They fade out when enemies are close enough it seems.

• Like 1

Excellent optimization (sarcasm), now it's impossible to play Warframe with Vsync enabled, fps drops from stable 60 to lagging 30 fps, just played in the Orb Vallis location, had an unstable fps drop to 30, I had to turn off Vsync and fps returned to 55-60.

Edited by KIBERMAX
  • Like 4

i was worried that you mess up aiming with wings equiped... but it turned out ok ^^)

the wings disappearing when aiming on ground is rather good and you should consider making this an option for shoulder-decoration as well since it would help with visibility on certain frame/cosmetic combinations too...

the aim-glide position of the wings on the frame i tested it with is also ok (would be sad if the wings would get in the way during aim-glide). the visibility when on ground and not aiming is a bit problematic but i guess you can't have it all, so screw it ^^

now, how do it get red hair on my ember to make her into a lilith....

Edited by fr4gb4ll
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed cases of constantly failing ‘Area Control’ Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon due to required enemies being spawned on the other side of the Plains.

That alone has made me *hate* the plains for years!

No, not really the planes as a whole, but that was REALLY annoying.

Much appreciated!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIBERMAX said:

Excellent optimization (sarcasm), now it's impossible to play Warframe with Vsync enabled, fps drops from stable 60 to lagging 30 fps, just played in the Orb Vallis location, had an unstable fps drop to 30, I had to turn off Vsync and fps returned to 55-60.

This. Since this update framerates are halved for some reason with vsync on or off. Seems like if you look in one direction it will go to my max framerate but look in another and it just drops to 60 and stays there. No fluctuation in between. You are either your full framerate or just cut down to half. Terrible.

Make it so we can turn off this auto sync bs.

Edited by logistical

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  Hide contents

Enjoy this little dump of integrations that accumulated through this rendering optimization process.

• Made a completely pointless optimization to postFX setup

• Made a pointless micro-optimization to open-world rendering on all platforms

I do enjoy all the optimization fixes everytime and they are NEVER pointless. You're still making the code better even if it seems unnecessary - it shows the love toward your work. Making something better just 'because you can' - is the foundation of innovation and learning.

Always keep making minute things better if you see there's a possibility for it. They add up in the long run.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

9 минут назад, logistical сказал:

This. Since this update framerates are halved for some reason with vsync on or off. Seems like if you look in one direction it will go to my max framerate but look in another and it just drops to 60 and stays there. No fluctuation in between. You are either your full framerate or just cut down to half. Terrible.

Make it so we can turn off this auto sync bs.

There are 2 options for auto and enabling vertical sync, so both of them are broken after the update, I don’t understand how the developers did not see this, for more clarification, I’m playing on Directx 12, before this update everything was fine. fps dropped after 29.8.0 update.

• Like 3

Just now, KIBERMAX said:

There are 2 options for auto and enabling vertical sync, so both of them are broken after the update, I don’t understand how the developers did not see this, for more clarification, I’m playing on Directx 12, before this update everything was fine. fps dropped after 29.8.0 update.

Same. I am also playing in Directx 12 beta. I have a RTX 3080 and this update completely threw everything off. I just got done testing and nothing helps. I have vsync off(and tried all the other options just to see if there was a difference) and I still get that auto sync running.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• The "Kill More Infested Than The Grineer" Cambion Drift Bounty objective will now count exactly double (50% vs 100%) as a success for the bonus objective "Double the Grineer's kill-count". / This also fixes losing the Bounty bonus if the Grineer get kills after you complete the objective during objective end VO. As reported here.

Great.

Please also look into the Plains of Eidolon Assassinate -- the spawn rates of enemies does not seem to allow enough time for the bounty goal of drawing out the target within 1 minute to be possible. Also I've seen it reported that you actually have to kill the assassination target within the 1 minute time frame to get complete the bonus objective, which if true means that bonus is nearly impossible.

Similarly, the Plains of Eidolon Capture mission has the bonus objective of not killing any other enemy. Besides the fact that this bonus is just wrong-headed and can be spoiled by companions the player has no direct control over, it is reportedly bugged so that some that some events (like vomalyst spawns) even further outside the players' control can also cause the bonus objective to fail. I don't know what a good alternative bonus objective would be, maybe "capture the target within 30 seconds of alerting him." Yeah, it'd be a bit of a gimme but that's better than the frustrating alternative.

Edited by Tukka
  • Like 6

The wings lack any and all anti-clipping. And they don't look fluffy enough.
Also how about categorizing wings as syndana instead of ephemera? Then players could actually have wings, that do not waste your time by making you try find a syndana that doesn't look ugly with it and you could then have visually pleasing ephemera too! Ofc then you would have to sacrifice the ability of equipping wings on operator.

12 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

that ignorance about adaptive exposure kinda highlights you aware it's a problem.
also all those small tweaks around light too, but that's wont help much
can we just get back our toggle?

This.

Stop blinding us, DE. We never asked for this.

• Like 1