Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eros Wings ephemera see through

JinxLg
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! The Eros Wing Ephemera is suppose to fade/hide when you are close to enemies or aiming down sight, there former currently only works for the host.

We have a fix for the client Ephemera not fading when in combat in the next Hotfix. 

On missions that are onside ships, my wings tend to disappear and reappear from time to time. At first I thought it was the new Corpus ships but on the Grineer ships they disappeared too, just like on any other planet including the Deimos free roam, however the other open worlds seemed to be fine.

It seemed like not everyone had this problem tho. My friend saw my wings and his wings too

unknown.pngunknown.png

Im pretty sure this is an intentional feature. When I tested this behavior, they vanish when enemies are nearby or you are entering combat. They will reappear after a few seconds of leaving combat.

HOWEVER. I found this feature is only available to the session host. Clients have their wings vanish only when aiming.

This is just my observations so far. I will update if anything else notable is found.

3 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! The Eros Wing Ephemera is suppose to fade/hide when you are close to enemies or aiming down sight, there former currently only works for the host.

We have a fix for the client Ephemera not fading when in combat in the next Hotfix. 

Does anything ever actually get tested as a client / non-host prior to release? I mean no offence, I'm just genuinely curious, as it really seems like time and time again things don't work properly for clients. So I'm left wondering whether DE only tests things as host, or whether they are tested as client and bugs are noted but then it's still released anyway before the fix? If it's the former, I think it'd be a great idea to add client testing into the QA process.

5 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Does anything ever actually get tested as a client / non-host prior to release? I mean no offence, I'm just genuinely curious, as it really seems like time and time again things don't work properly for clients. So I'm left wondering whether DE only tests things as host, or whether they are tested as client and bugs are noted but then it's still released anyway before the fix? If it's the former, I think it'd be a great idea to add client testing into the QA process.

Obviously host migration is suppose to take all of your loot, and as a client your wings are SUPPOSE to not work as intended. It’s just a feature.

/s

I really like the wing how its visible, I'd hope it only fade when you are actually aiming so u still can see where u are aiming at. Right now it fades when u aim, shoot, get damaged all the time which makes the wings almost never appear ingame. As I play warframe Im always in combat which makes me feel that theres no wings at all 😂

27 minutes ago, (PSN)xRevolution91 said:

I really like the wing how its visible, I'd hope it only fade when you are actually aiming so u still can see where u are aiming at. Right now it fades when u aim, shoot, get damaged all the time which makes the wings almost never appear ingame. As I play warframe Im always in combat which makes me feel that theres no wings at all 😂

Ditto, prefer them to stay while I'm in combat, at minimum I would want the energy trails to stay.

On 2021-02-12 at 5:39 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Obviously host migration is suppose to take all of your loot, and as a client your wings are SUPPOSE to not work as intended. It’s just a feature.

/s

ive lost soo much to host migration its not even a joke

On 2021-02-11 at 10:30 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! The Eros Wing Ephemera is suppose to fade/hide when you are close to enemies or aiming down sight, there former currently only works for the host.

It's really extremely hard to defend DE for all the bugs players find when you (and I mean the devs/QA testers (if any), not your fault) do not even test the COSMETICS on the client's side. Sure, new content like missions and whatnot being broken for clients is one thing,but cosmetics? We are at a new low right now (and don't get me started on the nikana skin scabbard shenanigans that have been left unfixed for a year or more).

42 minutes ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

It's really extremely hard to defend DE for all the bugs players find when you (and I mean the devs/QA testers (if any), not your fault) do not even test the COSMETICS on the client's side. Sure, new content like missions and whatnot being broken for clients is one thing,but cosmetics? We are at a new low right now (and don't get me started on the nikana skin scabbard shenanigans that have been left unfixed for a year or more).

IIRC, Zaw Nikana’s have been broken since they launched with Plains of Eidolon. 

Archived