Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate everything Star Days represent, because it reminds me what Warframe used to be.

Roble_Viejo

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

No matter how much people might try to deny it, the game is currently in a state where the vast majority of players don't engage with much if any of the actual gameplay or variety, which has caused the development to become biased towards that non-engagement. The game is falling apart at the seams because of the power creep and people not only demand but expect more of it.

Bold mine.

So, where, exactly is the data to back up this claim?

Sure, the Internet posters and YT talking heads are often huge Negative Nancys, the players with thousands of hours that cannot understand they need to move on rail that the company no longer listens, etc., but where is the data to back up the idea the 'vast majority' don't engage? That seems like a big claim, IMO.

This frame used more, this weapon used less, those numbers are not, IMO, some solid metric to make this claim, so where is this data? I would love to read it.

Ok, yeah, I might be overly attached to Warframe. I admit that.  

But imagine you are reading a saga, lets say Harry Potter just
to never seen Voldemort named ever again after the 4th book
and the plot devolving into a yearly beauty pageant, and the 
story of 3 kids discovering secrets and fighting the forces of dark
turned into what pets they get, who they wanna date and gossip
about the professors. Wouldn't you be kinda mad the saga started
as one thing, just for the villain to fade into obscurity and after years
of diligent reading from your part it slowly turns into something 
completely different you don't enjoy at all?

That's how I feel like. 

And given the "divorce" analogy and the speculation about my mental 
health in the comments I guess this is my last reply. 

Guess now I know objective criticism is not welcome here unless it
turns into a grupal discussion to diagnose whatever OP's problems are.

My problem is Warframe devolved into something much inferior of what
it could have been, much inferior of what it WAS, and because I played
this game since Loki was a starter I was witness of this devolution, and
yeah, it obviously makes me sad and frustrated.

Anyways, hope you all are doing ok, getting angry at a post about videogames
doesn't change the fact that I DO care for the wellbeing of all people IRL. 
These are hard times, for all of us, take care and have a nice day Tenno. 

Love you all 💜

28 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

i must be a psychopath then because i constantly cycle between different games

i only had one burn out period for warframe but i'm always switching up what games i'm playing every few months

then you misunderstood again

imagine you've been playing WoW for i don't know, 8 years, you've got plenty of characters, with good memories attached to each of them

then tomorrow Blizzard decides to transform WoW into a mobile game and your characters are poof, some joke the next day

there are people who have a problem with abandoning things they've held dear, that's all

also, i'm not comparing the fictional scenario above to the one we have here, if it wasn't obvious enough

i too cycle through games throughout a year

21 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

This prose shows you think the player is not to blame, but the Evil game Companies.

i think everyone is to blame, but that won't stop me from pointing them out when i feel like it, one at a time

21 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I don't make the definitions for anything here, I give my opinion, just like you. IMO, choosing to allow this game to become a Significant Other emotionally is a bad choice, very unhealthy, I do not care if you do not agree.

i respect that, and i'm glad that you're aware that your statements are opinions, just like ours, it's nice to talk with someone who doesn't believe he has life figured out

2 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Love you all 💜

Love you back. 💜

Take a breath, find something positive to do/play/engage with, it's just another video game, there are many more.

There is an old saying "you can never go home" - that feeling you had about WF is not invalid, but 'new smell' does not last forever.

Take care of yourself.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Elvenbane said:

So? That doesn't automatically make it a good idea (or a bad one). Also, Railjack likely bears only a passing resemblance to whatever that original concept might have been.

So? That doesn't automatically mean you're in charge of what is a good or bad idea, either. You're a customer taking part in the service of another person's product. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Roble_Viejo:

Today when I logged in, I saw the Star Days "event", and the laughable stuff its there, and the dumb bird wings with feathers I will have as a reminder forever put in my face by
Pink Rhinos that Warframe is now a "quick cheap packet of stuff monthly" a-la korean mmo type of game. 

1wv9G1P.jpg

Looking forward to playing with you.

41 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

You can't say with a straight face that any of the updates from 2019 and
2020 were "far more exciting" than The Sacrifice which came out in 2017

I would change the whole of Deimos, Railjack and Liches for a SINGLE
Quest like The Sacrifice, The War Within or The Second Dream

Anything from 2018, 2019 and 2020 were miles better than The Sacrifice. Sure the quest was a nice, well made story and all, but it was just that, a one time story. Content swept away in the span of an hour. The other releases have given me much more enjoyment even if they havent had the same immersive value and impact. And in these types of games I far prefer content with replay value, while I rather sit down for in depth stories in games like The Witcher etc.

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

While i liked and appreciated them, Cinematic quest updates were never that great to me. Im kind of glad DE has gone away from hunkering down an entire year to release one 2 hr quest. 

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And in these types of games I far prefer content with replay value, while I rather sit down for in depth stories in games like The Witcher etc.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

While i liked and appreciated them, Cinematic quest updates were never that great to me. Im kind of glad DE has gone away from hunkering down an entire year to release one 2 hr quest. 

This is where I am.

If I want a story game, I play a story game.

I play WF to kill pixels at scale with super-space-ninja-samurais, content with 'just enough' story to make it have context. I like the WF IP just fine and the stories presented, but they are not the reason I play the game.

I agree time spent on replay-able content is far better than story quests for long term ROI.

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Sacrifice added a single Warframe and a couple of Weapons and mods (which I don't often use anyway outside of the Sacrificial set), a quest that can be completed in under 2 hours (and that's keeping in mind that my playstyle is a lot slower than most), 4 new rooms (which don't appear outside of the quest), 1 new enemy (which did not appear anywhere else until Railjack was added) and some lore about the creation of Warframes (which was pretty neat, admittedly).

Compared with Railjack, which added the thing that I literally got into gaming for (Capital ship battles with seamless transition to on-foot interior combat) and Deimos, which adds a quest of its own, a new world to explore while fighting my personal preferred enemy type (with multiple new units), a Warframe, multiple weapons and mod sets, Mech combat (another thing that I adore) and lore about both how Warframes function and how the Orokin first discovered the Void, and it's honestly a no-brainer which updates I found more exciting.

And while I cannot upload a picture as evidence due to lacking access to a compatible camera, you have my personal assurance that all of this was, in fact, typed with a straight face.

16 minutes ago, Corvid said:

(Capital ship battles with seamless transition to on-foot interior combat)

Why am I getting a "Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the good one, not EA's trashfire)" vibe from that?

But I can also agree with Corvid on the assertion that what has come since the Sacrifice has been wonderful...or it would be if it weren't for all the power creep messing with everything, though that's just my stance on it.

There have been some big hiccups though...Launch Railjack was a fair bit of a mess, especially with resources and part balance.

24 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Why am I getting a "Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the good one, not EA's trashfire)" vibe from that?

You have a good sense for vibes, evidently. Back when I was a little fledgling, before I got my Wii (and from there got into the hobby) I played a bit of old Battlefront 2 at a friend's house. I always adored the sense of scale that comes from walking around and interacting with such a massive vessel, then flying out into space and boarding an opposing one. When Angels Fall First (and later Railjack) came out and let you do all of that and pilot the massive ships yourself? To say I was ecstatic would be a massive understatement.

But I can also agree with Corvid on the assertion that what has come since the Sacrifice has been wonderful...or it would be if it weren't for all the power creep messing with everything, though that's just my stance on it.

Aye, it kinda feels like we need both a stat squish and a mod overhaul, because breezing through content one update, then running into a brick wall the next because DE can't balance for the gulf in player power levels isn't particularly fun. That's not a slight on DE, by the way. I don't think there's a studio in existence that could make a consistent experience with our current sandbox.

There have been some big hiccups though...Launch Railjack was a fair bit of a mess, especially with resources and part balance.

No argument here. Still, the fact that it was quite literally fulfilling one of my childhood dreams means I can't help but be a bit lenient. The fact that they made adjustments post launch also helped. I'm looking forward to seeing what Call of the Tempestarii will bring in terms of general changes to the mode.

10 minutes ago, Corvid said:

No argument here. Still, the fact that it was quite literally fulfilling one of my childhood dreams means I can't help but be a bit lenient. 

This is for me, is the entire outlook I have for game developers at large, right in one, tight nutshell!

Thanks @Corvid, I am going to have to re-use that.

The whole reason I wish people would just chill about these things, right there.

Thanks again! 🖖

3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

This is for me, is the entire outlook I have for game developers at large, right in one, tight nutshell!

Thanks @Corvid, I am going to have to re-use that.

The whole reason I wish people would just chill about these things, right there.

Thanks again! 🖖

No problem, I hope you get good use out of my words.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That doesn't automatically mean you're in charge of what is a good or bad idea, either.

Did you think I was attacking Railjack in my previous post? Don't be so quick to raise your hackles... :)

My point regarding "original" vision is that Warframe need not follow it blindly and other criteria are more important in choosing what to focus development resources on now. A favorable return on investment (and all that it implies, improves games, grows player base, etc.) should be one of the most important for the company.

I can only decide for myself whether the end product is good/bad/other and whether the service DE provides is worth my time.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Elvenbane said:

Did you think I was attacking Railjack in my previous post? Don't be so quick to raise your hackles... :)

My point regarding "original" vision is that Warframe need not follow it blindly and other criteria are more important in choosing what to focus development resources on now. A favorable return on investment (and all that it implies, improves games, grows player base, etc.) should be one of the most important for the company.

I can only decide for myself whether the end product is good/bad/other and whether the service DE provides is worth my time.

I think following the vision is one of the important parts. Few companies do that and most turn into sellouts with run of the mill games. I fully support DE for trying to implement their original idea now that it is possible. If they can get railjack for instance to interact with the rest of the game, like the idea mentioned last stream where missions will be accessible through RJ, it will be a massive improvement. And if they also get the liches and naughty office ladies in there for the final showdown it will be even better.

In the end though it all depends how they implement it all. Done right it will be great, done wrong it will be ESO.

On 2021-02-12 at 10:27 AM, Corvid said:

No argument here. Still, the fact that it was quite literally fulfilling one of my childhood dreams means I can't help but be a bit lenient. The fact that they made adjustments post launch also helped. I'm looking forward to seeing what Call of the Tempestarii will bring in terms of general changes to the mode.

Empryean Phase II felt more like how Warframe launched back in 2012; buggy and lack of variety. What made the gamemode fall flat back last year was the hype gathered from Tennocon 2018 and 2019; DE got too ambitious with their project presentation that it got overhauled into something different upon release (Kuva Liches as an example). Call of the Tempestarii should do more than just changes, but it should provide the much needed expansion to the lack of variety Empyrean currently suffers.

I feel like people are forgetting a component of why the Heart of Deimos is a legitimately good mainline update. The Heart of Deimos fulfilled DE's promise of releasing a project close to its presentation in Tennocon 2020. It was just as equally surprising that the Heart of Deimos released within around a month after Tennocon 2020 (though DE did delay Tennocon a month later due to considerations to COVID-19 and the need for extra time).

This is warframe's 8th ( I believe ) year, and it's still going strong.

Everything that has been implemented has a reason. Cetus and Fortuna are two cultures that give you access to amps, warframes, etc that the Tenno wouldn't normally acquire. Kuva and "Corpus" liches follow behind their respective story arch ( Queens and Parvos ).  Railjack and Necramechs are needed for the New War. 

The cosmetics still match the game's many cultures. Tennogen gives the Tenno the ability to expand on the current universe ( more Grineer skins, please! ).

Warframe is as good as she was in her first year. DE just did the best they could, under CEO's who didn't know S#&$ about game development. Tencent promised to "stay out of the way", so here's to hoping that DE can finally spread their wings.

I have no trouble dropping cash onto the game I love. Hell, I'll have DE Steve's kids, if that would help. I can see the story through all the "flash", and I plan to slap The Lotus in the face with a Murkray. 

Eh. I'd like if they'd lean more into the Eldritch Lovecraftian weird-horror that is the Void and the tech that has come out of it. There are hints of it, here and there. The darker aspects are presented but never really... explored. 

For example: Fortuna and the Solaris. Fortuna is basically a slave-camp turned society. From what little lore there is, it seems the Solaris willingly entered into this indentured work relationship on Venus for the Corpus some generations ago. Why? What would possess an entire nation, for the lack of a better term, to enter into multi-generational service? That part of the Solaris history is never explored. Also, what if we don't buy those debt contracts from Ticker? We never see Solaris being dragged away to be cut up. There isn't a mission on the Orb Vallis about us going out and saving these people or coming face-to-face with the aftermath of one such culling. All those heavy themes are only hinted at behind the grungy Repoman neon cyberpunk aesthetic. 

Or the Infested. What ever happened to the Myconians? Where are the true bodyhorror aspects and us actually having to go and sterilize an Ostron merchant ship or a Corpus civilian transport. 

I get that there are things that the folks in DE might not want to tackle for any number of reasons. Some themes are best left un-explored simply because doing so could be seen as in bad taste or just simply overly gratuitous. But there are times we come so close to these heavier aspects and I wish they leaned in more to that. 

And I say all that NOT because I hate the wings or the whimsical comedy aspects. Far from it! I wish the wings were a bit more functional! But because then those comedic aspects would hit harder. I am a sucker for gallows humor and when the general theme of the game could be described as "dark" or "brutal". Seeing that pink Grendel with wings or an event like the Dog-Days would be just such an out-there contrast. In a universe where everything seemingly hates you, a chuckle is worth far more then some may think. 

Am 12.2.2021 um 17:50 schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

We all need to buy the wings and put them on pink frames in solidarity of bitter warframe vets. Make all your ability colors pink too! Pink fulmin clouds and pink thermal sunder domes!

As if that makes a difference at this point. So many people are already running around with those fugly wings making this game such a turn-off 😂

On 2021-02-12 at 5:42 AM, Sovyul said:

all of you missed the point

once you've invested countless hours, and you're emotionally attached to a game and its contents, you aren't going to just switch to something else without making a sound, unless of course you're some kind of an emotionless psychopath or the best consoomer on the planet

"don't like it don't play it" is just an arrogant thing to say in this case

I've spent nearly 1500 hours playing the game and even I play other stuff. That argument is still relative and valid. I've invested time and energy into stuff, but it's not a bad thing to take a break from it every now and again. I do it with warframe all the time, I dont feel up to it or want to play, I just play other stuff. Obviously that's just me, but I can just tell alot of people dont like that argument for some reason. As someone already said, it's not a good idea to let one game make you become emotionally attached to it. Variety is the spice of life after all, wouldn't you agree?

Archived