Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Eros Wings Ephemera and the design of Warframe

AndrejDelaney

Right there with you, OP. I think they look really nice, and I'm glad people are enjoying them. But imo they're pretty far outside any of the Warframe aesthetics. No trace of bio-tech or robotics or even the Tenno's vague ninja warrior cosmetic -- these are just big, feathery wings. Doesn't really fit in the game, like the Easter cosmetics as people have pointed out.

God I can't wait for Necramechs to be available for all missions. If this thread is any indicator I can only imagine the calls for being able to opt out of missions that have Necramech users in them.

Its a fad that will fizzle out. There will still be some people with the wings, but barely as many as were seeing right now CUZ THE EVENT ISNT EVEN OVER and I'm already seeing a general drop in usage while playing the game. They are a fun cosmetic that will most likely get most of its use in Captura in a month or two. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb TomCruisesSon:

God I can't wait for Necramechs to be available for all missions. If this thread is any indicator I can only imagine the calls for being able to opt out of missions that have Necramech users in them.

If this thread is any indictation, someone will slightly criticize it and people will immediately disingeniously lie and claim that literally nothing has changed and Necramechs don't exist because god forbid someone could legitimately not like something in this gift from the gods that is Warframe.

I don't think it's going to change anything, but I'm still going to throw this back at everyone who posts something like you did: We're talking about a cosmetic toggle that will affect no one in any way, shape or form except for the graphics rendered client-side on the PC of the player that choses to use it. No one is calling for banning anyone from anything. If you honestly think that's the same thing maybe take a step back and wonder why you take having the wings seen so seriously. If not, then also take a step back and think why you posted that nonsensical comparison in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

If this thread is any indictation, someone will slightly criticize it and people will immediately disingeniously lie and claim that literally nothing has changed and Necramechs don't exist because god forbid someone could legitimately not like something in this gift from the gods that is Warframe.

I don't think it's going to change anything, but I'm still going to throw this back at everyone who posts something like you did: We're talking about a cosmetic toggle that will affect no one in any way, shape or form except for the graphics rendered client-side on the PC of the player that choses to use it. No one is calling for banning anyone from anything. If you honestly think that's the same thing maybe take a step back and wonder why you take having the wings seen so seriously. If not, then also take a step back and think why you posted that nonsensical comparison in the first place.

You gotta stop editing this every five seconds so I can appropriately respond and tell you i dont give a S#&$ if they add a toggle. Go for it.

Im just saying this amount of discourse over a limited time event cosmetic is gonna be microscopic compared to the S#&$storm that will come when Necramechs arrive to all mission. Yeesh

vor 1 Minute schrieb TomCruisesSon:

You gotta stop editing this every five seconds so I can appropriately respond and tell you i dont give a S#&$ if they add a toggle.

Yeah, you don't care so much about it that you made a negative post in the thread. Here's a hint: When someone asks you about something, then you can say you don't give a S#&$, and maybe people will believe it. If you see something on the internet, then feel the urge to barge in and join the discussion, that ship has sailed.

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, you don't care so much about it that you made a negative post in the thread.

Please point out to where i said i care if they add a toggle to turn off cosmetics? This thread started about the art direction in warframe and has evolved into the toggle. Im not talking about the toggle. Just pointing out the cluster#*!% that will be these forums when they have giant mechs all over the place.

vor 1 Minute schrieb TomCruisesSon:

Please point out to where i said i care if they add a toggle to turn off cosmetics? This thread started about the art direction in warframe and has evolved into the toggle. Im not talking about the toggle. Just pointing out the cluster#*!% that will be these forums when they have giant mechs all over the place.

Here's a hint: When someone asks you about something, then you can say you don't give a S#&$, and maybe people will believe it. If you see something on the internet, then feel the urge to barge in and join the discussion, that ship has sailed.

17 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Here's a hint: When someone asks you about something, then you can say you don't give a S#&$, and maybe people will believe it. If you see something on the internet, then feel the urge to barge in and join the discussion, that ship has sailed.

You know what, I'll just apologize. My bad for throwing in bad vibes.

This takes me back all the way to 2009, when people were worried that adding hats and increasingly extravagant cosmetics to Team Fortress 2 would kill off the game.

Spoiler alert: It didn't.

Just let people enjoy the game and their characters in the way that they want, for crying out loud. If you hate it that much, play in solo or private groups. I agree there should be consistency in holiday cosmetics, but I'd definitely fall on the side of "Year round."

If you REALLY don't want to see people wearing cosmetics you don't like, play solo or exclusively in groups of like-minded people. And then I suppose you can have some plain oatmeal because adding half a teaspoon of sugar just ruins the whole experience.

8 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Demanding that other people look at how you decorated your Warframe doesn't imply vanity? Is that something you honestly think or something you say because your argument requires it?

Okay so let’s look at this through a different lens.

When an actual person spends hours putting on makeup, is it “demanding that other people look at how you decorated yourself?”

Because, I know for a fact that implying women only dress up for attention is grounds for being cancelled.

As someone who is actually out there, myself being what most people would describe as goth, when I wear clothes I don’t do it for anyone else. It’s simply how I like to dress. I don’t put on my boots and think to myself “oh boy these are going to make 40% of people look at me 29% more.”

-Because that’s ridiculous. Vanity is common enough, but it’s not something every single person has.

I don’t think I’m going to continue this argument, knowing that I can be rest assured that DE will never hamstring their own cosmetic system like this.

Meanwhile another user is literally calling me a narcissist for using the cosmetic system as intended.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb _R_o_g_u_e_:

Okay so let’s look at this through a different lens.

When an actual person spends hours putting on makeup, is it “demanding that other people look at how you decorated yourself?”

This discussion about the toggle isn’t about banning the wings or preventing anyone from putting on the wings. I also clearly didn’t talk about the intentions people have for decorating their characters but about the intentions of people who oppose the toggle option people discussed here. I stopped reading at this point and I’m going to stop reading whenever I find you deliberately misrepresenting other peoples‘ positions. If you don’t have any arguments against the actual positions of other people then shut up and go away. Nobody cares how well you can argue against imaginary opinions you made up in your head.

13 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Meanwhile another user is literally calling me a narcissist for using the cosmetic system as intended.

Some people are so narrow that they literally cannot abide pixels in their game they have not personally approved.

While I like the idea of games accommodating the most styles of play and players as possible, IME, the players that want to rule over the aesthetic aspects of a game in an effort to hold the game and the players hostage to some 'original' design are not a group with a playstyle to be accommodated, as they just want to prevent growth and change.

(Slam-danced in the 80's to see who would get knocked off the pier, can still dress the part.)

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

While I like the idea of games accommodating the most styles of play and players as possible, IME, the players that want to rule over the aesthetic aspects of a game in an effort to hold the game and the players hostage to some 'original' design

Can you explain to me how it affects you or any other player how the game is rendered on some clients?

7 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Can you explain to me how it affects you or any other player how the game is rendered on some clients?

This is about 'cancelling' the art style for specific players, not lowering the rendering count for performance or removing things that give people migraines.

The purpose of the change is to allow players to control the aesthetic design over the game makers.

I disagree that players who choose to ignore the design evolution of a game should be given tools to remain in their echo chambers.

We all know resources are finite, so anything to coddle these players would be a waste of developer time, IMO, when something the whole player base could enjoy could be added.

It impacts me as a person to see people who refuse to grow and change, or allow the game to grow and change, and try to force that on others, like the artists that made the stuff in the first place.

I have no problem with game changes and additions. If DE wants to make the change, it's up to them.

I also think the reason behind this change is something DE should not waste time on encouraging/coddling, as it both detracts from what they could do for all players, as well as generally directly insults the artists, whom I want to have the desire to make more new things, and insulting artists, IME, personally, is not a good way to keep them creative.

It's about precedent and art direction, IMO, which impacts us all.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

This is about 'cancelling' the art style for specific players, not lowering the rendering count for performance or removing things that give people migraines.

The purpose of the change is to allow players to control the aesthetic design over the game makers.

I disagree that players who choose to ignore the design evolution of a game should be given tools to remain in their echo chambers.

We all know resources are finite, so anything to coddle these players would be a waste of developer time, IMO, when something the whole player base could enjoy could be added.

It impacts me as a person to see people who refuse to grow and change, or allow the game to grow and change, and try to force that on others, like the artists that made the stuff in the first place.

I have no problem with game changes and additions. If DE wants to make the change, it's up to them.

I also think the reason behind this change is something DE should not waste time on encouraging/coddling, as it both detracts from what they could do for all players, as well as generally directly insults the artists, whom I want to have the desire to make more new things, and insulting artists, IME, personally, is not a good way to keep them creative.

It's about precedent and art direction, IMO, which impacts us all.

I asked how it affects you or any other player. Do you have an answer? Do you have an answer that isn’t „it reminds me that some people don’t like what I like and I can’t cope with that“? Do you have an answer that isn’t as blatantly narcissistic as „implementing it uses developer time that could be used to implement something I like“?

I asked how it affects you or any other player. Do you have an answer? Do you have an answer that isn’t „it reminds me that some people don’t like what I like and I can’t cope with that“?

I told you how it impacts others, you just don't like the answer or it's over your head.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zimzala:

I told you how it impacts others, you just don't like the answer or it's over your head.

Do you have an answer that isn’t as blatantly narcissistic as „implementing it uses developer time that could be used to implement something I like“?

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I asked how it affects you or any other player. Do you have an answer? Do you have an answer that isn’t „it reminds me that some people don’t like what I like and I can’t cope with that“? Do you have an answer that isn’t as blatantly narcissistic as „implementing it uses developer time that could be used to implement something I like“?

They won't, they can't and they don't care to even try as there is nothing to explain. This is another one of those arguments that just goes around and around in circles on forums of games that don't have this option. People will point out how it won't affect anything or anyone as it's a personal choice which the other person is unaware of, and the other side will just dismiss it with vague BS and hand-wavy idiocy.

Do you have an answer that isn’t as blatantly narcissistic as „implementing it uses developer time that could be used to implement something I like“?

I gave you my POV.

What is it, exactly, you want here?

You don't like/agree/condone my POV. So what?

You will not convince me the reasons presented here are worth the developer time and ROI to implement.

If you want to convince anyone, you need to convince DE.

If you are just looking for me to 'roll over' and accept your rules-lawyering attempt to somehow paint me into a corner to score a zinger, good luck with that.

🖖

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

I gave you my POV.

What is it, exactly, you want here?

You don't like/agree/condone my POV. So what?

You will not convince me the reasons presented here are worth the developer time and ROI to implement.

If you want to convince anyone, you need to convince DE.

If you are just looking for me to 'roll over' and accept your rules-lawyering attempt to somehow paint me into a corner to score a zinger, good luck with that.

🖖

I think it’s obvious that I wanted you to answer the question I asked. I’ll take this as a long-winded way of saying „no“.

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

I think it’s obvious that I wanted you to answer the question I asked. I’ll take this as a long-winded way of saying „no“.

They answered your question. To save you from making any counter arguments you just got angry and dismissive and told them they didn’t.

You did the same thing to me before.

Please consider the fact that we are discussing a pair of cosmetic wings in a game. Over that you’re willing to insult people, get aggressive, obnoxious and arrogant.

It’s very clear that the kind of people who want a toggle for cosmetics are a certain “type” of person. A type I’m not going to attribute any words to out of fear of repercussions. But a type that shouldn’t be catered for, and wouldn’t be missed otherwise.

I don't mind the wings. Someone else already brought up the point of all the fantasy, historical, religious, or mythological names and inspirations for many of the frames. The game is mainly sci-fi, but we've been exposed to powers and forces we can't explain. If anyone grew up playing games like Xenogears, there's some appreciation for the mysterious aesthetic of wings on a robotic thing. But that was so long ago now it could feel out of place. I know some would argue they're not energy wings or it's not the same game, ect. I'm not here to dispute anything, just say why I find them kinda cool, even if I haven't figured out a frame I'd use them on yet.

Am 18.2.2021 um 20:16 schrieb _R_o_g_u_e_:

They answered your question. To save you from making any counter arguments you just got angry and dismissive and told them they didn’t.

You did the same thing to me before.

Please consider the fact that we are discussing a pair of cosmetic wings in a game. Over that you’re willing to insult people, get aggressive, obnoxious and arrogant.

It’s very clear that the kind of people who want a toggle for cosmetics are a certain “type” of person. A type I’m not going to attribute any words to out of fear of repercussions. But a type that shouldn’t be catered for, and wouldn’t be missed otherwise.

Can you tell me how it would affect other players? Feel free to repeat his answer if you think he actually answered that question.

Also I can’t help but laugh at the blatant hypocrisy and utter lack of self-awareness in saying I’m arrogant and insulting, and then closing with a paragraph about how you won’t even say what you really think of those who want such a toggle because it would get you in trouble with the mods, and also they’re worthless anyway.

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Can you tell me how it would affect other players? Feel free to repeat his answer if you think he actually answered that question.

Also I can’t help but laugh at the blatant hypocrisy and utter lack of self-awareness in saying I’m arrogant and insulting, and then closing with a paragraph about how you won’t even say what you really think of those who want such a toggle because it would get you in trouble with the mods, and also they’re worthless anyway.

At least I abstained from stooping to your level.

Your answer is in the thread, I’m not your secretary.

Peace.

Archived