Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Eros Wings Ephemera and the design of Warframe

AndrejDelaney

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

The fact that you're bothered this much by people who're bothered by it, I'm afraid that your invitation can also be applied to yourself, my friend...

There’s a new cosmetic in the game, just like with everything in life: there will be supporters and naysayers. If anyone is that bothered by the fact that pros and cons always exists like ying and yang, I invite you to gain a more substantive life, as you REALLY shouldn’t defend one side that much.

Both sides on any war thought that they are the good guys. But truth is, the moment you took sides, you're already wrong. As a proof, I won't even defend this post. Say what you want, I won't reply. But give what i said a deep thought.

What you said is the most cookie cutter pretence at intellectualism I have ever seen. I’m advocating the cosmetic being fine and people being allowed to use it if they want to. Other people are decrying that it doesn’t match “the art style,” or saying things like “this is the beginning of the end for warframe.” Or that it resembles a lack of spine from the developers. One cosmetic, and suddenly the entire game is collapsing. It’s genuinely ridiculous.

Forgive me, but I don’t see the validity to the opposition, and you specifying that there will always be contrarians is mind numbingly paste eating. 

I think the design can be more "warframe" than it currently is. I can understand if it's exclusive to say Zephyr or Titania but it could use a more mechanical design for other warframes.

And it could use a feature to fold up when not air gliding and bullet jumping. It blocks my line of sight all the time.

I don't get what's the big deal with these wings.

They are wings. And they aren't even some Tera online glowing anime wings. They are just wings and that's it.

They aren't whatever the other events have.

And about that. The entire "but those are limited time" argument is already invalid because we already have "lore breaking" cosmetics that are not time limited. Pink rhino's, butterfly wings, candy #*!%ing cane skin. And don't come at me saying "but the butterfly wings are different design" because they are not. They are literally just butterfly wings.

And there's also Limbo. With his goofy weird proportions. 

A set of wings doesn't suddenly ruin the game's entire art style.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Salt_KuHa:

people are really out here complaining about angel wings when you can easily color your warframe bright pink and turn any mission into a joke. Hot pink excal umbra hardly fits into the game's art style now does it?

The current addition of wings just amplified the issue. Bright pink warframes were super rare in the wild. Friday I was greeted by a ****load of players donning these huge fugly wings.

Just add a toggle to turn seasonal content invisible or even better, add a toggle to turn other players warframe into default colors/model. Everybody wins that way and can play the game how they want.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)InductiveBag46:

No, most of yall fashon frame makes me wanna throw up. If you're so bothered by in game wings please reconsider your life choices

I don't have to reconsider my life choices, there is no need to give unsolicited, condescending advice. Adding a toggle won't hurt you, you can still marvel at your pink winged rhino.

22 minutes ago, Sace said:

I don't have to reconsider my life choices, there is no need to give unsolicited, condescending advice. Adding a toggle won't hurt you, you can still marvel at your pink winged rhino.

Or you can ignore the wings with that big brain of yours.

De doesn't have to bend over to some crying whiney people who get disturbed by wings.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb JackHargreav:

Or you can ignore the wings with that big brain of yours.

De doesn't have to bend over to some crying whiney people who get disturbed by wings.

Or you can stop your ad hominem attacks, why does a simple toggle hurt you so much that you feel the need to attack other people?

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

If there's other things in game you don't like looking at, and are still alive. You'll survive this as well. 

Yeah, no need to criticize anything or ask for simple options because hey, we will survive. /s

1 hour ago, Sace said:

The current addition of wings just amplified the issue. Bright pink warframes were super rare in the wild. Friday I was greeted by a ****load of players donning these huge fugly wings.

Just add a toggle to turn seasonal content invisible or even better, add a toggle to turn other players warframe into default colors/model. Everybody wins that way and can play the game how they want.

You’ve seen heaps of people using a brand new, free cosmetic? wow.

Give it a few weeks dude, just like any new cosmetic that’s handed out for free, you see a lot of it for a little while.

2 minutes ago, Sace said:

Or you can stop or ad hominem attacks, why does a simple toggle hurt you so much that you feel the need to attack other people?

Yeah, no need to criticize anything or ask for simple options because hey, we will survive. /s

I dunno. Why does some cosmetic hurt you so much that you want a toggle for it. While there are many other things in the game that can be considered lore breaking or distracting. 

Apparently only this one cosmetic is so incredibly distracting. Because of what? Because it's new and everyone wants to try them out? 

Well you know what? I find Limbo's art style not fitting for the game so now the devs have to make a toggle for him. Seems logical yeah?

Gerade eben schrieb JackHargreav:

I dunno. Why does some cosmetic hurt you so much that you want a toggle for it. While there are many other things in the game that can be considered lore breaking or distracting. 

Apparently only this one cosmetic is so incredibly distracting. Because of what? Because it's new and everyone wants to try them out? 

Well you know what? I find Limbo's art style not fitting for the game so now the devs have to make a toggle for him. Seems logical yeah?

Because I and apparently others like it that way? What kind of question is this? 😂

It does not hurt me, I just prefer playing the game as vanilla as possible and a pink glowing featherwing pumpkinhead falls out of the otherwise grim setting of the game. If it were truly seasonal-only, I wouldn't even say a thing.

If you want to play like that, all the power to you. A simple toggle to switch the visuals back to basic colors and/or no seasonals would in no way diminish your gameplay but would greatly enhance it for people choosing to use it. Why are people butthurt about this simple setting in the options menu?

BTW: Pink butterfly Rhinos are a meme that I encountered a few times in hubs and almost never in mission, this is not true for these wings. The problem is merely amplified now which is why I mention it now.

1 hour ago, Sace said:

Because I and apparently others like it that way? What kind of question is this? 😂

It does not hurt me, I just prefer playing the game as vanilla as possible and a pink glowing featherwing pumpkinhead falls out of the otherwise grim setting of the game. If it were truly seasonal-only, I wouldn't even say a thing.

If you want to play like that, all the power to you. A simple toggle to switch the visuals back to basic colors and/or no seasonals would in no way diminish your gameplay but would greatly enhance it for people choosing to use it. Why are people butthurt about this simple setting in the options menu?

BTW: Pink butterfly Rhinos are a meme that I encountered a few times in hubs and almost never in mission, this is not true for these wings. The problem is merely amplified now which is why I mention it now.

A toggle exists for you. If you can’t handle how other people play or decorate their frames, you toggle your play settings to solo. Because this kind of dismissive behaviour is definitely antisocial, and should be a you problem, not a problem for anyone else.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

Next on "As the Hamster Wheel Turns" gamers show their true selves by having meltdowns over a whimsical addition to a game, because games are 'serious business'.

Exactly my point. There is no harm in adding a little toggle to disable any seasonal stuff ingame to further tweak the visual representation to the players preferences. Why do people make such a big deal of this?

7 minutes ago, Sace said:

Exactly my point. There is no harm in adding a little toggle to disable any seasonal stuff ingame to further tweak the visual representation to the players preferences. Why do people make such a big deal of this?

Not really, IMO, the same point at all, the opposite of my intent, TBH.

4 hours ago, Gilmaesh said:

I've seen more pink warframe on forum screenshots than in game. Those are rare super rare.

Yeah, the "pink rhino" thing is more of a meme than it is an in-game eyesore. Not really comparable.

Right now everyone thinks they look cool with wings. Hopefully it'll die down in a few weeks.

I'm just hoping this isn't a gateway into a bunch of gaudy wings or generic mmo style cosmetics . I don't think it will be though. 

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

Not really, IMO, the same point at all, the opposite of my intent, TBH.

Why, though? It's just a whimsical addition and does not subtract to your gameplay in any way. I am under the impression that adding more choice is always desirable.

2 minutes ago, Sace said:

Why, though? It's just a whimsical addition and does not subtract to your gameplay in any way. I am under the impression that adding more choice is always desirable.

My point is no matter WHAT is changed, no matter HOW, it's changed, the player base will go to war over it, and claim they are not, in fact, a school of piranha ready to turn on themselves.

A toggle to remove the whimsical additions the developers choose to add is direct play to dictate the design, from my POV, based on disliking the whimsy that has been added.

While the whole 'cannot see the screen bug' on clients is a real issue, the rest of things I read are just players arguing over their precious being violated with whimsy.

Adding a toggle to remove the whimsy is just adding a toggle to allow people to remain intolerant of developer design choices, IMO. 😁

Do I have a 'problem' with a toggle for things? Nope.

Do I think the developers should bow to such pressure to remove whimsy? Nope.

Archived