Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fixed] Personal Quarters Side Tank Glass Shatter Sound on Bullet Jump

BlueQuiller

Bug Description: Bullet jumping towards the small fish tank in the Personal Quarters to the right of the warframe loadout display will trigger a frightening, loud sound effect of glass shattering.

Notes:

• No accompanying visual effect
  • Bug will only trigger once per continuous session in the personal quarters. Logging out then back in or going to another location then coming back will 'recharge' the ability to trigger the bug.
  • Seems to be something only in my client, no friends of mine experienced this, no references online
  • Persists even after verifying/optimising download cache.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter the Orbiter
  2. Enter the Personal Quarters as a Warframe [I have reproduced it with the three I have: Umbra, Limbo, Volt]
  3. Move next to the loadout display in the Personal Quarters
  4. Bullet jump towards the small fish tank to the right of the loadout display
  5. The sound will seem to trigger just before the warframe collides with the fish tank

Image of bug trigger setup:

unknown.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update 2: Issue still persists after latest update

Have discovered that the sound may now be triggered two times in one aformentioned 'charge'. First the right side tank must be bullet jumped into for the first. Then the player must bullet jump into the warframe loadout display. In that order. If the reverse order is attempted the sound only triggers once.

On 2021-03-02 at 12:49 AM, m3stuart said:

Can confirm this. Tried to reproduce with Octavia Prime and it worked.
Failed any further attempts, happened only once, however i can say it's a rather unique "glass like" sound effect.

In my testing It seems to only happen once per session in the orbiter. I have reliably gotten it to happen again after either restarting the game or travelling to another location (dojo, mission, relay) then returning. As if Ordis repairs the glass while you're away and once you break it it stays broken until you leave xD

Does this happen for you?

P.S. I can agree that it's a rather unique sound.

P.P.S. This info is outdated, refer to later reply for info.

Update 3: I struggle to find any discernable pattern with activation anymore. There does seem to be a limit on how many times I can trigger it in one session, but I don't have the ability to really nail down the exact number, technique or hitboxes or anything. The middle of the loadout display and the left side of the right side tank are still the general trigger areas. This is my first bug report on any software so I may not be great at this.

The side tank may be triggered once per session and the back wall of the warframe display may be triggered about 3 times in a session. The side tank will not trigger after the warframe display. The warframe display's ability to be triggered is independent of the side tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 4: Triggering on the loadout display also causes a visual effect to display. semi-transparent randomly arranged expanding orange circles. Like an orange energy shield being hit by projectiles. Can't quite time the screenshot right. Will edit if possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2021-03-03 at 8:22 PM, BlueQuiller said:

In my testing It seems to only happen once per session in the orbiter. I have reliably gotten it to happen again after either restarting the game or travelling to another location (dojo, mission, relay) then returning. As if Ordis repairs the glass while you're away and once you break it it stays broken until you leave xD

Does this happen for you?

P.S. I can agree that it's a rather unique sound.

P.P.S. This info is outdated, refer to later reply for info.

it happened to me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2021-09-26 at 5:32 PM, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

This seems to be it!
It's the fish getting hit with Bullet Jumps.

Interesting, I wonder how collisions with fish would produce such a glassy sound!

I'm impressed with the high reliability of reproduction here, I'm not usually able to reproduce it so easily and so many times at once.

Furthermore, those glass shards are something I've not seen before. I used to only see the orange effect

• 1 month later...

Archived