Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

Just now, IspanoLFW said:

This doesn't actually do anything to prevent that either, since if you miss the pop-up, it goes into your inventory to claim later.

In that case, I have absolutely nothing against it. I mean I spelled out when and why I have to afk one stream. I don't see a problem for full-afkers then. At all. Nothing to copmplain about :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I for one, am deeply offended by this new change. Isn't it enough I tune in to Twitch? Now I have to press another button to claim my item? Whats next, are you going to make me run a marathon to get a ship decoration DE? I'm outraged! You'll be hearing from my lawyers soon. In the mean time, perhaps think about purchasing a drone that looks like a mini Orbiter to physically deliver my Twitch drop directly to my lap, so I no longer have to press any buttons ever or claim anything. Actually, you should invest in real life cloning technology, artificially breed a man, legally name him Val Hek, and get him to throw the Twitch Drops directly to me!! 

Okay, dumb jokes aside, I did kind of like the old system on paper more BUT... I also never had any issues with Twitch drops (well outside the last Tennocon stuff, which seemed like a big issue for everyone, and was resolved) and... I did always feel bad when I would see people posting that they didn't get their drop, being sad, upset etc so if this way, provides a means to show real time progress? So people can get peace of mind about whether everything is working as intended and knowing if they need to fix something or make inquiries etc, I am totally okay with having to take a bit more time to claim something. So I think this could be net positive. 

Manually clicking, enables tracking where a problem is when an issue arise most likely. If your aleady watching its not alot of effort to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -equal- said:

Nothing changed, only you need to push a button to receive the drop. dont know why people start flaming instead of reading and using their brains?!

I'm not mad, I swear: I've even read the TwitchBlog on why this is great for developers (to ensure people actually watch, and don't leech, streams). I just sighed that from the inception of this new system, I think I'm going to miss on a great deal of drops.

For real, all the people complaining...it never ceases to amaze me what the Warframe community at large can complain about.

This change is very straightforward and quite helpful. As Megan said, there will likely be growing pains (and probably issues on Twitch's end) but you know what? You're more likely to know that in advance.

If there's a progress bar you can see that the link is clearly set up, and you'll know immediately if there are problems once you try to claim it. Also, it appears in a chat window, but it has nothing to do with the speed of chat. And you don't even have to redeem it there. If you don't, it will appear in your Twitch inventory at the top, where the old Twitch Prime loot was. You can't login and see that you immediately have the item anymore, whoop de doo. This fixes a lot of problems for people who legitimately aren't getting their drops, people having trouble with their accounts unlinking, and people trying to guesstimate how long they've been watching the stream. I watch a lot at work and often I'll miss the start because, y'know, work.

Regardless, even though I think this is a significant improvement over the whole thing, it's out of DE's hands anyway, as has been pointed out in the thread numerous times already. Take the outrage elsewhere, please.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Malaki_7 said:

Due to all the people that don't want to claim it manually, could you add a setting to claim the drop automatically like before?

It's still virtually automatic. 

You can manually trigger the drop once your individual timer hits 30 minutes.

-OR-

You can AFK for at least 30 minutes at which point all you have to do is claim it from your Twitch inventory. It's been said already that the Twitch inventory does not expire. You are not required to manually trigger the drop in order for it to show up in your Twitch inventory

That manual trigger just saves you from having to watch the stream for longer than required to get the drop which will save time and data.  

Edited by TheAvidoZ

30 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

I'm with everyone on this type of comment, seems like a measure to artificially increase traffic on Warframe's website, I have to wonder what kind of kickbacks DE upper management is getting for this change.  Plus this is not user friendly sorry to say, I'm not sure who your fooling but having to go through multiple steps then having to constantly check to see if it's filling up some kind of bar.  Yeah.. no this is the opposite of user friendly DE.

Well unless you need to claim the drop through the Warframe website then it will only increase the traffic for these few days when people need to relink, so I don't think that theory is correct. The progress bar will be more user friendly, and the fact that it tells you the drop, but the fact that you need to manually claim the drops makes it worse.

Just now, bulletsearl said:

You could afk it. They seems to not like that.

Honestly, I don't agree and I think that's presumptuous. Largely because this changes nothing about your ability to afk it. It will appear in your Twitch inventory and remain there indefinitely, so there's still no need to even be at your computer, let alone actively watching. I suspect this is more to do with Twitch than DE.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Manually clicking, enables tracking where a problem is when an issue arise most likely. If your aleady watching its not alot of effort to do.

Did you read the part about me wanting DE to get into scientific cloning to create a real life Vay Hek though? I think it was promising (and hopefully a friendly hint to suggest I was being sarcastic) my apologies though, because I know Poe's Law is a thing. Though... one day... one day I hope all us Tenno, can unite and band together under a common cause, and finally defeat Poe and his stupid puny Laws!! Whoever he is!! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

It’s probably to make sure people are actually watching the stream. Sure is annoying though. Sometimes I have to do other things so I put the stream on then rewatch it later. Oh well I guess. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb FilibusterCrabz:

Honestly, I don't agree and I think that's presumptuous. Largely because this changes nothing about your ability to afk it. It will appear in your Twitch inventory and remain there indefinitely, so there's still no need to even be at your computer, let alone actively watching. I suspect this is more to do with Twitch than DE.

I missed that bit, ty

• Like 1

The real unpopular opinion is that I actually prefer to manually redeem it. It's a clear indicator to me that the item has been properly dropped and is available. But I guess the difference is I don't often have the streams up while I'm playing the game, so the reward was less immediately obvious for me. I just had to assume it worked and wait until work was over, 3 of the 4 days.

1 minute ago, S1lentCh1cken said:

Sometimes I have to do other things so I put the stream on then rewatch it later.

That method will still work. 

The manual trigger is just an optional way of claiming the reward as soon as it become available to you. You can still AFK it and claim the item from Twitch inventory at your leisure. 

"IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  "

• Like 2

Does anyone even read the previous posts?
So many times the same things are being complained about over and over despite already having been answered multiple times.

Current system stops working from Twitch's side 21st Feb. So if DE did nothing, no more drops.
You can still AFK watch and just claim it later from inventory.
The system is more user friendly because there is more feedback, users can see if they are legible for drop, how far they are towards drop, and if they have already gotten the drop. How is that not more user friendly?

Literally the only difference is that you have to click a button. on twitch. DE had no influence over that.

PoE and all others using the Twitch drop API 2.0 works the exact same way.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, S1lentCh1cken said:

It’s probably to make sure people are actually watching the stream. Sure is annoying though. Sometimes I have to do other things so I put the stream on then rewatch it later. Oh well I guess. 

You can still do that! There's no limit* on redeeming the item. You don't have to do it immediately, or even that week.

*Likely excepting future Twitch Drops 3.0 changes

I assume none of these new functions work when watching via the console app as per usual? So all it does is make me log in on different devices each time I want to claim a drop from my Twitch inventory asking me to log into my email account as well for the security code and the same if I want to watch a stream on console/tv again? I might be missing something but that doesn't sound like an improvement to me. All these extra steps for basically a progress bar? I had one already: It's called a clock and the ability to do simple math to find out when 31 minutes had passed. Not your fault though.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem