Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

^^ This.

I noticed this as well. But not because I had left the page running for hours... for MINUTES! Recently, I loaded up the stream on my rig about a minute early, and it hadn't started yet. I walked away to make my kids some food, but didn't launch Twitch on my phone, because why bother? I came back about 20 minutes later to see that the window did not refresh when the stream started (LIKE IT USED TO!!!), so I was technically not "watching." I had to click on the screen to load the stream manually.

What's the solution? For me, I just have to be more diligent (yeah, like I really need to be thinking about a game when I am not playing it that much more often than I already do...), but for you... a timed macro mouse button press? Hopefully you are able to find a solution. At least you got the Umbra Forma... and a Shawzin?!? Was that from the grab bag?? Nice!

I click on the Chat button close one preview video leave the others showing then click on the play button and leave it running, I still set an alarm to get up and check it's started, never had to do that before.

No they were from separate drops as individual rewards, I was lucky to get them with the way the new system is working.

18 hours ago, hoshigami said:

hi DE, your twitch drop 2.0 friend messed up again today. first 3 days was fine. but last day, kaboom.. they gave me mag noggle and dax glpyh again..where is my today's unity? can i xchange?

That's the beauty of the grab bag! Truly random! And random doesn't mean different. In fact, the more random, the more likely you are to get the same thing twice! I was only able to watch 2/4 streams this week, and got 2 Zephyr Noggles. And this is not new. Remember during the Quest for the Cure stream? I got 2 of the same drop, and 3 of another! Yay for RNG!!!

I feel your pain, dude. Seriously. This is not a bug, but a feature. Unfortunately. And no backsies. I have contacted DE in the distant past about a Twitch drop (I wanted to share the love with my sons, since we only have 1 prime account, but 3 WF accounts), since I inadvertently claimed a Prime drop while the wrong WF account was linked. Even though they can TOTALLY MAKE A CHANGE WITH A VIRTUAL ITEM SINCE IT IS ALL DIGITAL!!!, they claimed it was out of their hands since it was a Twitch drop. I call BS. It was more like, "Me dun wanna, so me not gonna."

/rant

Just noticed this on Twitch:

Spoiler

TwitchDrops.png

Looks like DE did / does have a choice...

Edited by Thunder_Chief

26 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

That's the beauty of the grab bag! Truly random! And random doesn't mean different. In fact, the more random, the more likely you are to get the same thing twice! I was only able to watch 2/4 streams this week, and got 2 Zephyr Noggles. And this is not new. Remember during the Quest for the Cure stream? I got 2 of the same drop, and 3 of another! Yay for RNG!!!

I feel your pain, dude. Seriously. This is not a bug, but a feature. Unfortunately. And no backsies. I have contacted DE in the distant past about a Twitch drop (I wanted to share the love with my sons, since we only have 1 prime account, but 3 WF accounts), since I inadvertently claimed a Prime drop while the wrong WF account was linked. Even though they can TOTALLY MAKE A CHANGE WITH A VIRTUAL ITEM SINCE IT IS ALL DIGITAL!!!, they claimed it was out of their hands since it was a Twitch drop. I call BS. It was more like, "Me dun wanna, so me not gonna."

I get that there is a volume issue here, but for everyone who has been screwed by this, whether it be not proper relinking, not clicking the claim button, or just not receiving the drop, DE could fix it all. Their game, their power. They could easily go into each account and gift the missed / missing Umbra Forma. But they don't want to spend time on that. They would rather nerf melee. Or change Essence drop rate. Or anything else much less player-friendly.

Even though many of the prominent faces are the same, this is NOT the DE from 2013, let me tell you.

/rant

OK, fine i forgive you twitch 2.0.  you win..  now i wished they were umbra forma in repeat LOL... 

aaaaaa.png

2 часа назад, Thunder_Chief сказал:

I am not sure if anybody already answered you on this, or if you figured it out otherwise, but after mashing on my phone screen today for about 10 minutes, I figured this out.

Honestly, I just gave up and tried to catch the streams on PC. I did try to trigger the drops on the phone, checked drops in profile but didn't see any. I'll try next week, maybe I actually pressed Back and exited stream too many times, so I just need to be more careful

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

On 2021-02-12 at 1:59 PM, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

I've been doing it but have yet to get my drop from the past 2 weeks and missed out on a octavia noggle and umbra forma

Edited by (PSN)X_P_C

Hi,
since yesterday the drops don't work for me anymore.
When I wanted to pick up yesterday, I saw that it stopped at 73%. Today it is still there and even after an hour of watching nothing has changed, no more drops get......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tr0yMC said:

Hi,
since yesterday the drops don't work for me anymore.
When I wanted to pick up yesterday, I saw that it stopped at 73%. Today it is still there and even after an hour of watching nothing has changed, no more drops get......

Same for me, a partial drop that was 76% complete after Monday's stream never re-engaged for the Tuesday stream and there was no way to restart it or even delete it so I could at least get one drop for watching.  Twitch drops 2.0 has been a debacle.

EDIT: Logged in for today's (Wednesday's) stream and seems that it did eventually complete BUT was it not registered at the time, so I was unable to start the timer for another drop.  Only half broken is better than completely broken, but still a lot worse than the original system; Twitch really shat the bed on this one.

EDIT 2: Drop progress bar is at 100% on my Twitch profile, but when I click on "drops" to claim it I am, apparently at 0 of 30 minutes (and that didn't budge over the first half of the stream).  Like I said, this is on more likely to be on Twitch than on DE and thankfully I have no need of lenses, but this is not a good look and I'm not optimistic for when there's something I *do* want from one of these loot bags - which, by the way, are a terrible, terrible idea.

EDIT 3: All of a sudden I have to start refreshing the drops page to actually get a drop?  Instead of one step, we now have to jump through multiple hoops.  Twitch drops 2.0 has been badly thought through and badly implemented; I don't blame DE as this change was forced upon them by the platform, but presumably they can pass on feedback and it should be overwhelmingly "not good enough".

Edited by Irishspongie
updates

28 minutes ago, Pharoh said:

I have no idea why people think that the old system is better. This one is way better

It's the part where the new system fails at a consistently higher rate than the previous system.  That's on Twitch, but it's up to DE to get something done.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Pharoh:

I have no idea why people think that the old system is better. This one is way better

What should be better about it?
Apart from the fact that it no longer works for some like me, you did not have to collect it manually before (especially since you only have 24 hours, otherwise it's gone). So it was much more user friendly.

edit:

I have linked the account again and now it works again. Let's see if less than 100% the phenomenon occurs again.

Edited by Tr0yMC

Did Twitch force DE to do this or did that idea come from DE?
What's the advantage for DE here?
For us players it just seems a really bad deal... everytime i have time to play and check out streams i can't find any stream with these drops... or i am blind...

You should add a screenshot or something and more explanation on how it would look like when you found a streamer that has drops enabled.

Are these drops just active during DE Streams or all Warframe Streams?

This sounds like you are forcing me to watch this so I can get my drops.  I dont like to be forced.  Also going forward will you be streaming in Australian time zone.  I ask this because this sounds like it will only be active while the stream is live.  I dont wont to be getting up at 4 am to try and claim some loot.  Or be at work.  You get the picture.

Other down side to this is for those peps out there that live in countrys where they have internet bandwidth.  These guys will also miss out due to the fact that they cant stream with out using up their bandwidth.  AKA Australia is one of them places.

Ugh.... Never saw the "Needs to be claimed within 24 hours" part...

Haven't had the time to play the last months, but still watched a bit of the twitch streams. Mostly having it on in the background while working. 

Missing out on a months worth of twitch drops is ever so slightly annoying. 

• Like 1

On 2021-03-15 at 7:53 AM, TheLoobster said:

Ugh.... Never saw the "Needs to be claimed within 24 hours" part...

Haven't had the time to play the last months, but still watched a bit of the twitch streams. Mostly having it on in the background while working. 

Missing out on a months worth of twitch drops is ever so slightly annoying. 

I know the feel, I love getting loots and i miss alot www lol. :smile:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, (PSN)JusDoinMeBruh said:

I haven’t received any of the drops that I have claimed. 

One thing I have noticed is that I either need to play a mission or log out and back in again in order for the drop to register in-game. Weird.

Never had this problem with Drops 1.0. I really wish DE would just switch back. From what I can tell, Twitch is still running Drops 1.0 as many developer accounts have not switched over.

I know that's not going to happen, so I hope they work out the kinks soon. Yeah, soon (TM)...

On 2021-03-20 at 3:29 PM, Thunder_Chief said:

One thing I have noticed is that I either need to play a mission or log out and back in again in order for the drop to register in-game. Weird.

Never had this problem with Drops 1.0. I really wish DE would just switch back. From what I can tell, Twitch is still running Drops 1.0 as many developer accounts have not switched over.

I know that's not going to happen, so I hope they work out the kinks soon. Yeah, soon (TM)...

I haven’t gotten any of them 

• Like 1