Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

15 minutes ago, (PSN)craigsbw76 said:

This is not more user friendly at all, why change it so we manually have to claim the drop where as before it was automatic, I don't understand why you would make this change, from automatic to manual and claim it to be better and more user friendly its not. automatic is better.  

Read the thread. As of 2/21 the old system stops working. Two options exist, adopt the new system or stop getting drops. 

It's still essentially automatic too btw, you do not need to manually trigger the claim during a stream. It will automatically go to your twitch inventory after 30 consecutive minutes at which point you can claim it at your leisure. 

• Like 3

Again

1 ) Twitch made change to the drop system and current system will be KO very soon.

2 ) ESO devs did also change their drop system in consequence

3 ) DE has no choice they simply use Twitch APIs and stuff so we can get drops. 

Here is the doc https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/drops if you are curious

Edited by Krilexis
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Stiderfox22 said:

When you get the twitch drop in your inventory how long will it stay in there or will it expire after a certain amount of time?

They don't - they'll stay there until you claim them...
Example - I still have 2 drops to claim from last month for 2 different games and they are waiting unexpired - just need to connect accounts (I don't even have Rust and recently downloaded PoE)
N-YqC.png

I believe this will be the same way for Warframe - if someone does NOT have their accounts linked, you'll still be eligible to collect drops - they'll be waiting inside Twitch drops inventory for you untill you connect your WF account.
Before, if you didn't have those accounts linked, you were out of luck and literally missed every single drop that was given - now if someone don't play Warframe but still watch the stream, they can claim drops later when they make and connect accounts.

Edited by Th3Ant
spelling
  • Like 1

On 2021-02-12 at 6:57 PM, SortaRandom said:

Interesting!

Is Twitch Drops 1.0 being phased out the instant 2.0 drops? I enjoyed twitch drops being claimed automatically, so I'm honestly tempted to just leave it at 1.0 for as long as possible purely for convenience.

Purely for convenience for you because you don’t want to actually watch the stream yet get something for nothing???

2 hours ago, Krilexis said:

Again

1 ) Twitch made change to the drop system and current system will be KO very soon.

2 ) ESO devs did also change their drop system in consequence

3 ) DE has no choice they simply use Twitch APIs and stuff so we can get drops. 

Here is the doc https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/drops if you are curious

Spotted another ESO & Warframe player :).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

I don't really care about your joke. I spent my time frivolously correcting hordes of people in this thread about information that was 1) actually clarified in the first post and 2) information clarified by Megan a few posts later and 3) information that was easily discoverable outside of the post. My username is quite literally of no consequence, so not a great deflection.

With all due respect, I don't care a whiff about your joke when it amounts to the same thing as the 20 other posts complaining about the same thing because they can't be bothered to read even the first page of this thread. That's how a forum works.

Well, if you like to spend your time correcting people, feel free to. Here, I will help

DE are nerfing drops!!11!!1!

Now you get to correct me again.

With regards to your comment, people often don't mind being corrected, but angrily correcting them, telling them what their duty is will only make them care less.

Have fun, there is no point in me replying anymore, I have said my bit.

The most annoying thing about this to me is how they're trying to sugarcoat it and call it a good thing. This isn't their decision and they shouldn't feel bad about throwing Twitch under the bus for it. Unless there's something in the backend that they just aren't mentioning, it is a significantly worse system for everyone.

Instead of a single point of failure, there are now at least 3:

• The progress bar doesn't show up
  • The drop doesn't go into someone's Twitch inventory or disappears
  • The claimed drop doesn't show up in Warframe

The only benefit I've heard, being able to see the progress bar to know the system is working, isn't really going to help anything since the odds of being able to resolve an issue in time to still get the drop are basically nonexistent. I'm not trying to say the support team is bad, it's just an unrealistic expectation.

On 2021-02-12 at 6:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

Will it work watching on the twitch app on the ps4 or is it onlyworking via browser?

1 hour ago, Malanok said:

Well, if you like to spend your time correcting people, feel free to. Here, I will help

DE are nerfing drops!!11!!1!

Now you get to correct me again.

With regards to your comment, people often don't mind being corrected, but angrily correcting them, telling them what their duty is will only make them care less.

Have fun, there is no point in me replying anymore, I have said my bit.

I started off quite nice. By the end of the day repeating myself was rather frustrating. At least early on they didn't have the privilege of seeing all the previous posts, though. :)

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)NoVa X CoRoSioN said:

I have a question about this new twitch drop system. I often leave a tab open of the stream because I cant watch at work. Will i still be able to get the drops this way? Or will i have to open a fresh stream for each drop? 

Speaking as someone using it right now, it doesn't seem like the stream will auto-start, so you still have to click to start the stream manually; whether this still counts for your progress bar I'm not totally sure because I didn't see the progress bar at the time.

But you don't have to manually claim the item during the stream. If a device is streaming it, the progress and will increase and then drop the item into your Twitch Drops inventory.

2 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

Speaking as someone using it right now, it doesn't seem like the stream will auto-start, so you still have to click to start the stream manually; whether this still counts for your progress bar I'm not totally sure because I didn't see the progress bar at the time.

But you don't have to manually claim the item during the stream. If a device is streaming it, the progress and will increase and then drop the item into your Twitch Drops inventory.

I was watching the stream at the start and I think Megan said anyone who was watching before they went live would need to refresh for the drop. From that statement I believe I can no longer just open a tab up before leaving for work. Oh well was cool while it lasted.