Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

I feel this is a change for the better. Nothing worse then watching a stream and expecting your drop waiting for you in-game, only to find it never arrived and having no clue why. At least now by the sound of it we have a bit of direct feedback on whether the drop is incoming or not. The extra manual step is a shame, but I think it's preferable over basically being kept completely in the dark as to what is happening behind the scenes

• Like 5

Why do you guys have to screw up a good thing? You have forums for a reason. Ask the playerbase first. Set up a pole for things like this. Here, I'll do for you.

Should Digital Extreme stick to Twitch Drops 1.0 or Twitch Drops 2.0?

A.

B.

See, that's not hard. It literally only took me a few seconds. Why couldn't you guys do that? Ffs. Now this probably won't work & I'll end up getting screwed out of a bunch of rewards just like last time this happened, great, just great. Thanks alot.

• Like 7

What ppl seem to forget when they complain that this is not more friendly than before, is the amount of people complaining that they did not get the drop after watching for a full hour. With the new way drop are handled we will see the progress toward the drop and we will know if something is wrong with, hopefully, enough time to try to fix it.

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb SafeRoom:

Why do you guys have to screw up a good thing? You have forums for a reason. Ask the playerbase first. Set up a pole for things like this. Here, I'll do for you.

Should Digital Extreme stick to Twitch Drops 1.0 or Twitch Drops 2.0?

A.

B.

See, that's not hard. It literally only took me a few seconds. Why couldn't you guys do that? Ffs. Now this probably won't work & I'll end up getting screwed out of a bunch of rewards just like last time this happened, great, just great. Thanks alot.

So the 2 available Answes were

1. Yes

2. No, which will result in no more Drops ever since Twitch changes

• Like 4

1 minute ago, smashedwookie said:

What ppl seem to forget when they complain that this is not more friendly than before, is the amount of people complaining that they did not get the drop after watching for a full hour. With the new way drop are handled we will see the progress toward the drop and we will know if something is wrong with, hopefully, enough time to try to fix it.

Friendly, right. I got screwed out of so many rewards last time they said that this was friendly & no one ever replied back to me at all. I missed out on alot & I have every right to be angry about this.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Heretic_Angel said:

I feel this is a change for the better. Nothing worse then watching a stream and expecting your drop waiting for you in-game, only to find it never arrived and having no clue why. At least now by the sound of it we have a bit of direct feedback on whether the drop is incoming or not. The extra manual step is a shame, but I think it's preferable over basically being kept completely in the dark as to what is happening behind the scenes

This change won't actually fix that problem, at all, the system may just let you know that if failed but it'll probably still not give people the drop anyway.

Not to mention, again a lot of player's main issue is that they were not even able to catch the stream in order to even attempt to get the drop, let alone get said drop successfully.  This will change nothing other then putting more things in the way for the end user, period.  If I'm at work and there's a stream or if I'm asleep and there's a stream, I still won't get the drop with this new system anyway.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Oh it is. Cause rather than getting a few messages asking about a delayed drop, they'll be spammed with a ton of messages asking why they didn't get a drop despite watching for 30+ minutes (which they do tbf, but I'm saying it will happen more). The only good part is the progress bar, why couldn't they keep it automatic? If they had the tech to do so then why change it now? 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

I agree, I like the way this sounds 😁

Hm... I don't know how I should feel about this. I always watch the Twitch streams, but the Thursday one is at Friday 1am in my timezone. In this one I'm not actually present. Pretty sure that's exactly what you want to prevent with this but it's really harsh on Tenno living in inconvenient timezones. It's not like we could change that easily :(

Again, don't get me wrong. This is not my primary means of getting the drops. On Wednesdays the stream falls within my working hours and I still watch. I just comment rarely.

Or can the drop be claimed afterwards?

Edit: It can be claimed afterwards :)

Edited by Floutsch
  • Like 2

after having made the link i think this is less a DE has decided this is a better way to do things and twitch has made this the new system and DE is running into the old system isnt going to cut it anymore but ya the relink doesnt seem like a big deal unless you cant remember your passwords... (i may have had a small issue but im good now lol)

I for one, am deeply offended by this new change. Isn't it enough I tune in to Twitch? Now I have to press another button to claim my item? Whats next, are you going to make me run a marathon to get a ship decoration DE? I'm outraged! You'll be hearing from my lawyers soon. In the mean time, perhaps think about purchasing a drone that looks like a mini Orbiter to physically deliver my Twitch drop directly to my lap, so I no longer have to press any buttons ever or claim anything. Actually, you should invest in real life cloning technology, artificially breed a man, legally name him Val Hek, and get him to throw the Twitch Drops directly to me!! 

Okay, dumb jokes aside, I did kind of like the old system on paper more BUT... I also never had any issues with Twitch drops (well outside the last Tennocon stuff, which seemed like a big issue for everyone, and was resolved) and... I did always feel bad when I would see people posting that they didn't get their drop, being sad, upset etc so if this way, provides a means to show real time progress? So people can get peace of mind about whether everything is working as intended and knowing if they need to fix something or make inquiries etc, I am totally okay with having to take a bit more time to claim something. So I think this could be net positive. 

• Like 2