Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, MoondustStar said:

So, I'm having issues with the 2.0 drops system.

When it first started, I unlinked and then linked my accounts before the date that they would go live. Then, I watched the stream to get the Gold Potato drop and got it about an hour after I'd claimed it, so I assumed things were working fine...

...Until this week's drops, that is. See, I watched HomeTime yesterday and the DevStream today and claimed both of the drops I'm supposed to get (the Octavia Noggle and the Umbra Forma BP), but now that I've logged into Warframe, I am not seeing EITHER of the messages that I have them.

Back during the previous drops system, I could just watch, and when I could log in (since RL is a thing), I'd instantly have an email saying I had a drop. With this new system, I don't know WHEN or even IF I'll get my drops.

Please, DE... Find a way to get drops to us who claimed our drops during stream but haven't got them yet.

lol same here and an extra surprise... the potato in game mail just disappeared.... lol it’s funny how they try hide things to look smoothly.

Take a look in your inbox if you still have that mail.

Mine actually worked for a change, I got the email when I went to the Relay to see what baro'load of stuff had brought.

kOO8VVK.png

This may or may not help, for those who have trouble make sure while viewing the stream to have an active Chat window mode running/showing, I got caught out with an earlier drop I was viewing the stream in a different window view in my installed version of Twitch.

• Like 1

On 2021-02-12 at 6:59 PM, (PSN)Da_Kine_99 said:

How long will it stay in your Twitch inventory if you miss the manual pick

24 hours, for example if the stream is from 1pm- 2pm,  you have time to claim it from your Twitch inventory, before it leaves 2pm the next day.

23 hours ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

As has been stated repeatedly, it takes a while. Run some missions. Do things to refresh the data in your Orbiter, like going to Cetus or literally anything that involves not being on it. Come back. It has taken me many hours to get certain drops. Your account is linked, as evidenced by the fact that you got the potato.

To be honest this seems tedious and there are obviously issues with it that need to be fixed.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Glineth said:

24 hours, for example if the stream is from 1pm- 2pm,  you have time to claim it from your Twitch inventory, before it leaves 2pm the next day.

To be honest this seems tedious and there are obviously issues with it that need to be fixed.

Tedious as it might seem, it's not new. Refreshing the "state" in the orbiter is actually nothing new. Many things don't update while you're just sitting there. And depending on how it's coded, there's a possibility that it's incredibly difficult to change. Going to a relay or dojo and back takes less than a minute, so likely not a priority.

3 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

Tedious as it might seem, it's not new. Refreshing the "state" in the orbiter is actually nothing new. Many things don't update while you're just sitting there. And depending on how it's coded, there's a possibility that it's incredibly difficult to change. Going to a relay or dojo and back takes less than a minute, so likely not a priority.

On the terms of coding I do understand that. Other than that, in my experience, I usually don't open warframe and wait in my orbiter for drops. I just wait at the end of a stream to check, before this update, and I would receive it without any issue.

Me and my wife never got any of the twitch drops we earned by watching the live streams. We unlink and relinked the account once and it did nothing on sending the drop to the game. We even re did the unlinking and relinking several more times and nothing. Me and my wife wasted our time on it. But we will watch the live streams off and on just to try to keep up on what is going on with the game

I just noticed that the progress-bar restarts after you picked the drop...
so, if you watch right from the start and the stream run a bit longer than an hour, you can get two drops for one stream!

I doubt that was intented ;-)

nvrmnd - this is related to that grab-bag thingy, I believe!(?)

Edited by Y0rg0

I'm also struggling.   Unlinked and re-linked accounts back before 21st Feb - got drops from first stream I could watch (octavia noggle) without an issue - appeared in my inventory page, claimed, no problems, other than a bit of a delay to it appearing in game.

Since then, watched 2 other streams, and whilst the 'campaign' was visible (in the 'all campaigns' within the 'drops' submenu showing all the active campaigns at the time) it didnt appear in my inventory counting towards the  goal.

The bottom of the 'campaign' for instance for 'grab bag' does state;  Connection (reqiuired);  Connected - but at no point did it appear in my inventory counting up towards the 30 minutes watch time.

So I'm somewhat scratching my head.

Figured it all out , did the claim got the error. then waited a day and looked again, it said I had claimed them but yet they was not in inventory. 

Update::::: Something got fixed, they finally showed up after 5 days. 

Edited by 000MrWolf000

I just got back into the game after about two years and just found this thread after realizing that I didn't get my umbra forma despite claiming it ages ago.  I just unlinked and relinked my account as instructed, have I missed the chance to get the forma and grab bags due to having claimed it while still linked on the old system?

On 2021-02-12 at 1:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

*Twitch Drops in your Twitch Inventory must be claimed within 24 hours of the Campaign (stream) end date. Example: Monday's 1-2 p.m. ET stream drops must be claimed by 2 p.m. ET the following day.

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

==================================

What happened to the drops staying in your claim area forever until you actually claimed the drop? 

On 2021-02-12 at 2:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Drops in your Twitch Inventory don't expire. They'll be there waiting until you eventually claim!

Edited by (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

18 hours ago, Belades1 said:

I just got back into the game after about two years and just found this thread after realizing that I didn't get my umbra forma despite claiming it ages ago.  I just unlinked and relinked my account as instructed, have I missed the chance to get the forma and grab bags due to having claimed it while still linked on the old system?

Just an update for anybody curious and for if anybody looks through this thread with the same question, I did indeed get the drops in-game this morning.  

• Like 1

so, whom to contact when claiming these drops don't work? 

asking for a friend. They claimed 6 days ago, and yet nothing has entered their inbox or inventory. 
Yes, checked even equipment>orbiter>decorate>1 to see if octavia noggle was there. nope. Umbra forma BP too.

Boy was I wrong. Twitch hasn't done anything to improve the drops, but all the negatives are there...

The only drop I got (Umbral Forma - thank god), was when I refreshed the stream window until gift progress bar appeared. Missed every drop where I didn't sit and manually refrsh the stream window..

• Like 1

On 2021-02-12 at 6:57 PM, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Objectively... OBJECTIVELY... worse!!!

In the past, the only drops I ever missed were ones when the whole system screwed up and nobody got the drop. As of today, I missed the Umbra Forma drop from the DevStream because I didn't realize I had to click on a stupid claim button, and by the time I got to the site on my desktop, it was gone. Then I had to click on the claim button for Monday's drop THREE TIMES in the app to get it to stop showing as unclicked! And the one from Thursday I claimed during the stream, the app immediately recognized it, I logged in to WF hours later, but it's not there. I go to Twitch on my desktop, but it already shows I claimed it, can't do anything. So, I play a couple missions, log out, remembered I hadn't rolled my distillers, logged back in, and voila! There's the drop!

Oh, and lucky me, my grab bag drop from Monday and Thursday were the same... noggle for a frame I rarely ever use... nice...

Whether the blame falls on Twitch or DE for this debacle, this is much more of a hassle than the old system was. Hooray for "progress"...

On 2021-02-26 at 2:13 AM, Slayer-. said:

I'm hating what Twitch has done by forcing this on DE, I've never had a problem with drops for years and all of a sudden I have to now get up and and start the stream when in the past I could leave it running and get the drop then when I wake up I still watch stream regardless while having breakfast, just because I'm in a timezone that 95% of the time is not viable I'm now penalised for not being in a certain part of the world.

If I don't start the stream or manually refresh it I get this error 'This video is unavailable. (Error #5000)' while using the installed Twitch program.

To add to that I now have to leave my orbiter to complete the delivery, it's like the delivery service has dropped it off on my block corner and I have to run down the footpath to the corner and pick it up before it vanishes.

/rant

^^ This.

I noticed this as well. But not because I had left the page running for hours... for MINUTES! Recently, I loaded up the stream on my rig about a minute early, and it hadn't started yet. I walked away to make my kids some food, but didn't launch Twitch on my phone, because why bother? I came back about 20 minutes later to see that the window did not refresh when the stream started (LIKE IT USED TO!!!), so I was technically not "watching." I had to click on the screen to load the stream manually.

What's the solution? For me, I just have to be more diligent (yeah, like I really need to be thinking about a game when I am not playing it that much more often than I already do...), but for you... a timed macro mouse button press? Hopefully you are able to find a solution. At least you got the Umbra Forma... and a Shawzin?!? Was that from the grab bag?? Nice!

Edited by Thunder_Chief

On 2021-02-24 at 8:10 AM, alttea said:

can anyone confirm it works on the phone app?

Missed two previous streams because twitch decided to just stop sending notifications. Todays stream is right at time when I'm getting home from work so I tried watching it on phone app but there's no way to monitor the progress on the phone. Got home and started stream on PC at about 34 min and my profile showed there was absolutely no progress from the app. So of course I didn't get this drop either 'cause there was not enough time left. And I'm missing tomorrow because 3am stream = not good.

This is honestly annoying...

I am not sure if anybody already answered you on this, or if you figured it out otherwise, but after mashing on my phone screen today for about 10 minutes, I figured this out.

When watching a stream, tap on the screen to see the UI, then tap on the Down arrow in the upper left corner. Click on your profile picture. Click on Drops. There you should see it.

IMPORTANT! Don't click Back to go to the stream... you need to click on the mini-viewer. Depending on your phone settings, backing out of the app could cause it to leave the stream or close the app altogether rather than leave it running in the background, and who knows what Twitch will do to your progress then? The way things are going, my bet is they s.can it.

• Like 1