Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

18 hours ago, Belades1 said:

I just got back into the game after about two years and just found this thread after realizing that I didn't get my umbra forma despite claiming it ages ago.  I just unlinked and relinked my account as instructed, have I missed the chance to get the forma and grab bags due to having claimed it while still linked on the old system?

Just an update for anybody curious and for if anybody looks through this thread with the same question, I did indeed get the drops in-game this morning.  

• Like 1

Boy was I wrong. Twitch hasn't done anything to improve the drops, but all the negatives are there...

The only drop I got (Umbral Forma - thank god), was when I refreshed the stream window until gift progress bar appeared. Missed every drop where I didn't sit and manually refrsh the stream window..

• Like 1
On 2021-02-12 at 10:57 AM, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Objectively... OBJECTIVELY... worse!!!

In the past, the only drops I ever missed were ones when the whole system screwed up and nobody got the drop. As of today, I missed the Umbra Forma drop from the DevStream because I didn't realize I had to click on a stupid claim button, and by the time I got to the site on my desktop, it was gone. Then I had to click on the claim button for Monday's drop THREE TIMES in the app to get it to stop showing as unclicked! And the one from Thursday I claimed during the stream, the app immediately recognized it, I logged in to WF hours later, but it's not there. I go to Twitch on my desktop, but it already shows I claimed it, can't do anything. So, I play a couple missions, log out, remembered I hadn't rolled my distillers, logged back in, and voila! There's the drop!

Oh, and lucky me, my grab bag drop from Monday and Thursday were the same... noggle for a frame I rarely ever use... nice...

Whether the blame falls on Twitch or DE for this debacle, this is much more of a hassle than the old system was. Hooray for "progress"...

Edited by Thunder_Chief
On 2021-02-25 at 6:13 PM, Slayer-. said:

I'm hating what Twitch has done by forcing this on DE, I've never had a problem with drops for years and all of a sudden I have to now get up and and start the stream when in the past I could leave it running and get the drop then when I wake up I still watch stream regardless while having breakfast, just because I'm in a timezone that 95% of the time is not viable I'm now penalised for not being in a certain part of the world.

If I don't start the stream or manually refresh it I get this error 'This video is unavailable. (Error #5000)' while using the installed Twitch program.

To add to that I now have to leave my orbiter to complete the delivery, it's like the delivery service has dropped it off on my block corner and I have to run down the footpath to the corner and pick it up before it vanishes.

/rant

^^ This.

I noticed this as well. But not because I had left the page running for hours... for MINUTES! Recently, I loaded up the stream on my rig about a minute early, and it hadn't started yet. I walked away to make my kids some food, but didn't launch Twitch on my phone, because why bother? I came back about 20 minutes later to see that the window did not refresh when the stream started (LIKE IT USED TO!!!), so I was technically not "watching." I had to click on the screen to load the stream manually.

What's the solution? For me, I just have to be more diligent (yeah, like I really need to be thinking about a game when I am not playing it that much more often than I already do...), but for you... a timed macro mouse button press? Hopefully you are able to find a solution. At least you got the Umbra Forma... and a Shawzin?!? Was that from the grab bag?? Nice!

hi DE, your twitch drop 2.0 friend messed up again today. first 3 days was fine. but last day, kaboom.. they gave me mag noggle and dax glpyh again..where is my today's unity? can i xchange? 

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

On 2021-02-24 at 8:10 AM, alttea said:

can anyone confirm it works on the phone app?

Missed two previous streams because twitch decided to just stop sending notifications. Todays stream is right at time when I'm getting home from work so I tried watching it on phone app but there's no way to monitor the progress on the phone. Got home and started stream on PC at about 34 min and my profile showed there was absolutely no progress from the app. So of course I didn't get this drop either 'cause there was not enough time left. And I'm missing tomorrow because 3am stream = not good.

This is honestly annoying...

I am not sure if anybody already answered you on this, or if you figured it out otherwise, but after mashing on my phone screen today for about 10 minutes, I figured this out.

When watching a stream, tap on the screen to see the UI, then tap on the Down arrow in the upper left corner. Click on your profile picture. Click on Drops. There you should see it.

IMPORTANT! Don't click Back to go to the stream... you need to click on the mini-viewer. Depending on your phone settings, backing out of the app could cause it to leave the stream or close the app altogether rather than leave it running in the background, and who knows what Twitch will do to your progress then? The way things are going, my bet is they s.can it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

^^ This.

I noticed this as well. But not because I had left the page running for hours... for MINUTES! Recently, I loaded up the stream on my rig about a minute early, and it hadn't started yet. I walked away to make my kids some food, but didn't launch Twitch on my phone, because why bother? I came back about 20 minutes later to see that the window did not refresh when the stream started (LIKE IT USED TO!!!), so I was technically not "watching." I had to click on the screen to load the stream manually.

What's the solution? For me, I just have to be more diligent (yeah, like I really need to be thinking about a game when I am not playing it that much more often than I already do...), but for you... a timed macro mouse button press? Hopefully you are able to find a solution. At least you got the Umbra Forma... and a Shawzin?!? Was that from the grab bag?? Nice!

I click on the Chat button close one preview video leave the others showing then click on the play button and leave it running, I still set an alarm to get up and check it's started, never had to do that before.

No they were from separate drops as individual rewards, I was lucky to get them with the way the new system is working.

28 minutes ago, hoshigami said:

hi DE, your twitch drop 2.0 friend messed up again today. first 3 days was fine. but last day, kaboom.. they gave me mag noggle and dax glpyh again..where is my today's unity? can i xchange?

That's the beauty of the grab bag! Truly random! And random doesn't mean different. In fact, the more random, the more likely you are to get the same thing twice! I was only able to watch 2/4 streams this week, and got 2 Zephyr Noggles. And this is not new. Remember during the Quest for the Cure stream? I got 2 of the same drop, and 3 of another! Yay for RNG!!!

I feel your pain, dude. Seriously. This is not a bug, but a feature. Unfortunately. And no backsies. I have contacted DE in the distant past about a Twitch drop (I wanted to share the love with my sons, since we only have 1 prime account, but 3 WF accounts), since I inadvertently claimed a Prime drop while the wrong WF account was linked. Even though they can TOTALLY MAKE A CHANGE WITH A VIRTUAL ITEM SINCE IT IS ALL DIGITAL!!!, they claimed it was out of their hands since it was a Twitch drop. I call BS. It was more like, "Me dun wanna, so me not gonna."

I get that there is a volume issue here, but for everyone who has been screwed by this, whether it be not proper relinking, not clicking the claim button, or just not receiving the drop, DE could fix it all. Their game, their power. They could easily go into each account and gift the missed / missing Umbra Forma. But they don't want to spend time on that. They would rather nerf melee. Or change Essence drop rate. Or anything else much less player-friendly.

Even though many of the prominent faces are the same, this is NOT the DE from 2013, let me tell you.

/rant

Edited by Thunder_Chief
26 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

That's the beauty of the grab bag! Truly random! And random doesn't mean different. In fact, the more random, the more likely you are to get the same thing twice! I was only able to watch 2/4 streams this week, and got 2 Zephyr Noggles. And this is not new. Remember during the Quest for the Cure stream? I got 2 of the same drop, and 3 of another! Yay for RNG!!!

I feel your pain, dude. Seriously. This is not a bug, but a feature. Unfortunately. And no backsies. I have contacted DE in the distant past about a Twitch drop (I wanted to share the love with my sons, since we only have 1 prime account, but 3 WF accounts), since I inadvertently claimed a Prime drop while the wrong WF account was linked. Even though they can TOTALLY MAKE A CHANGE WITH A VIRTUAL ITEM SINCE IT IS ALL DIGITAL!!!, they claimed it was out of their hands since it was a Twitch drop. I call BS. It was more like, "Me dun wanna, so me not gonna."

I get that there is a volume issue here, but for everyone who has been screwed by this, whether it be not proper relinking, not clicking the claim button, or just not receiving the drop, DE could fix it all. Their game, their power. They could easily go into each account and gift the missed / missing Umbra Forma. But they don't want to spend time on that. They would rather nerf melee. Or change Essence drop rate. Or anything else much less player-friendly.

Even though many of the prominent faces are the same, this is NOT the DE from 2013, let me tell you.

/rant

OK, fine i forgive you twitch 2.0.  you win..  now i wished they were umbra forma in repeat LOL... 

aaaaaa.png

2 часа назад, Thunder_Chief сказал:

I am not sure if anybody already answered you on this, or if you figured it out otherwise, but after mashing on my phone screen today for about 10 minutes, I figured this out.

Honestly, I just gave up and tried to catch the streams on PC. I did try to trigger the drops on the phone, checked drops in profile but didn't see any. I'll try next week, maybe I actually pressed Back and exited stream too many times, so I just need to be more careful

Thanks for the tip!