Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The wings are too stiff.

_Eclips3_

I don't know whether it's only me who notices this, but it's like DE ripped some wings off a pidgeon and glued them to the frame, they slowly flap if you stand still, other than that, they are basically dead. They could atleast animate when you move, fold a bit when you crouch, just something, not just sit on your back stiffer than a statue.

EDIT: When I say stiff, I mean they are constantly just streched out or invisible.

For a free cosmetic more for fancy screenshots, it's quite good. But I do agree that it lacks personality. I would of loved to see the wings fold down when standing still and flapping once over long intervals. Spreading out during maneuvering and actually flapping a bit when aim gliding in particular. A missed opportunity if these wings were planned long in advance. But if they were a "spur of the moment" thing some artist in DE cobbled together three minutes before the stream, then I am perfectly fine with how it came out. Animating these things is not a trivial task. Especially if you factor in the wildly varied body types the frames have. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

animation is hard, or at the very least time consuming, and DE wanted the wings out in time for the event, knowing full well it's 99% of the incentive to buying Debt-Bonds and/or running Fortuna Bounties again. 

I still like them.

Still, it could even be atleast a basic fold animation when walking or something, better than 2 stiff protrusions out your back. Making them go invisible is a bit lazy.

All I want is for them to do a single "flap" whenever the user doublejumps or bullet jumps.

I'm not sure about whether they should be folded when idling (since that would instantly break, like, 99% of the "angel" loadouts that everyone and their grandmother has equipped right now), but it would be nice if they folded when shooting and aiming, instead of being completely outstretched and having to awkwardly transition between visibility/invisibility based on enemy proximity.

8 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

they are cheap that's why

better wings will deserve harder way to get

Warframe is cheap, it's actually free, should DE just stop putting effort into the game just because it's cheap? No, then why doesn't an in-game feature deserve some love? Price should not be a factror.

While I agree that more animations would be better, they are really good free item that is great the way it is.

I cant help but feel we got given something good for free, which they could have slapped a price tag on and tons of people would have bought. I mean, ive already bought about three wing-looking syandanas and none of those fold up, except the corpus one that actually unfolds with damage taken (never gets unfolded lol).

I totally understand constructive criticism is a good thing, and opinions are genuinely how you feel..but it does feel like you are a teeny bit ungrateful.

I didnt even have to run any bounties, ive stacked up plenty of debt bonds just by playing so just logged in and picked them up.

Thanks DE! I do agree that some flapping animated wings that unfold could be nice, as an idea for the future. Perhaps Devil wings for Halloween?

they need work on wing project, they need look up other dev ppl that are off game.

Spoiler

for the game require flapping the wings when about to do that bullet jump so it look so nice and it will give credit, soaring or gliding should be depending how long your gliding for do tiny flap like a bird

Spoiler

pretty much that is it but when landing

Spoiler

pretty much this sum it up of nice landing.

They are cheap as dirt to get and super detailed looking I have no serious complaints. 

And I haven't found they obstructed me during combat, but if they do for anyone on any specific frames, then definitely that is something DE needs to look at and tone down where necessary (I would suggest reporting it in bug reports if it is too obstructing) as that is probably the most relevant forum. 

They are a biiiiiit much when in the relays and stuff, but you aren't really that worried about proper visibility in relays. If you are in a busy relay you probably are more there to show off/be seen/or just be around people. 

1 hour ago, ScottStaten said:

My big problem is that they block my view on some frames... On my Wukong they become almost invisible when I am fighting, on wisp they remain Opaque and I cannot SEE the enemy to shoot them.

that's a bug that will be fixed, the wings are meant to be nearly invisible whenever enemies are nearby but it seems to only work for hosts or whatever

for the moment, you just have to hold aim and they'll be gone if the wings are bugging out

4 hours ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Warframe is cheap, it's actually free, should DE just stop putting effort into the game just because it's cheap? No, then why doesn't an in-game feature deserve some love? Price should not be a factror.

A free game doesnt mean you dont have to put effort to get reward

this reward is free of money ofc but also free of any kind of effort

it's a pure cometik item made for a short event

but they made it permanent to plz us , cause hey it' still loocool

i really want want another cool ephemera wings with nice animation , but i want it to be hidden under some challenges to be proud to wear it

like most ephemera i the game

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Tsoe:

i really want want another cool ephemera wings with nice animation , but i want it to be hidden under some challenges to be proud to wear it

like most ephemera i the game

You sound like someone who read the original announcement of Ephemera and never bothered to check what they ended up implementing.

18 hours ago, Krankbert said:

You sound like someone who read the original announcement of Ephemera and never bothered to check what they ended up implementing.

wut yu mean?

i dont even

i am using the steel path one with skulls (and the shadow one) , and yeah it seem a bit harder to get than the wings

Gerade eben schrieb Tsoe:

Ok   -_-

I have most Ephemera. Do you think it was a challenge to hand Baro 100 Dukats? Do you think turning on 2-factor authentication was hard? Do you think I'm proud of logging in during Tennobaum? Do you think I don't get the remaining ones because entering my credit card number is too difficult for me?

Archived