Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Toggle for Wings pls

DE, can you implement a toggle to turn all wings of squadmates invisible? They look awful in 99% of cases, obstruct the view, everyone and their grandma runs around with them and they give off asia mmo feelings.

If they are not seasonal-only, which is totally fine, just give us the option to make them invisible just for ourselves, please. <3

• Like 10

Yeah if they're going to start making the goofy seasonal items permanent we need a seasonal toggle for the same reason they were made temporary in the first place.

Edited by trst
  • Like 3

Yeah. The 1% is only when people make awesome screenshot wearing the wings.

I mean they do look good. They just obstruct views too much.

3 minutes ago, RagEneT said:

I actually turned mine off, as they were far too big and they were in the way when shooting from "hip".

How?

I was forced to unequip it altogether.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Yeah. The 1% is only when people make awesome screenshot wearing the wings.

I mean they do look good. They just obstruct views too much.

How?

I was forced to unequip it altogether.

Sorry, misspoke. I unequiped it. My apologies.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sace said:

They look awful in 99% of cases, obstruct the view, everyone and their grandma runs around with them and they give off asia mmo feelings.

appearance is subjective, and while there are some kinda weird fashionframe setups out there, as long as the person wearing it is happy, it's fine. yes, everyone and their mother's is wearing the wings for now but it's popularity will fade, as all things do.

should there be a toggle? yes, because options are never bad. do I think DE will actually listen and bother to add a toggle? most likely not.

• Like 5

Guys, the wings were MEANT to be transparent when fighting, it's just that DE are hot garbage when it comes to testing anything, and the wings do not work as intended on clients.
Now as far as the wings of OTHER players is concerned, I'd had multiple sessions with everyone having those wings and my view was not obstructed in any way (maybe if you play defense and everyone is sitting on the objective). DE could fix this by making all wings transparent when in combat. EZPZ.

• Like 2

They just look too ridiculous not to warrant a toggle to disable other players wings, IMHO. I wouldn't say a thing if they were seasonal just like the pumpkin heads or mustaches, I am skipping for real content anyways. But I just don't want to come back to the game seeing featherwings on everyone or anything just like some asian grind mmo. Let everyone have their fashion frame for all I care, but having a toggle for default models or even just these seasonal stuff would be awesome if it is truly here to stay.

• Like 4

I bought them, never worn them, and am fed up looking at them already.

Some people will love them, that's cool, each to their own.  But when your 3 squad mates are all wearing fairy wings, they do get in the way a lot.

Do they need a toggle? Yes, definitely.  Will de add one?   I'd be amazed.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, trst said:

Yeah if they're going to start making the goofy seasonal items permanent we need a seasonal toggle for the same reason they were made temporary in the first place.

YES PLEASE!

P.S. FK! Pumpkin heads, bunny ears and candy canes!

2 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

They could copy the same effect as Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.
Make them disappear when you're aiming at them.

And/or animate them. Have the wings folded when moving (or in the results screen), and spread them out when aim-gliding or standing still.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

People get mad over the smallest of things 

Why are wings so out of the question when you can go neon pink with butterfly wings?

Exactly this.

I have yet to see anyone come to the forums and yell and complain "There are neon pink rhinos with Sari Syandanas using titania idle animations!!!  How dare they ruin the immersion and art style of warframe!!!!!!!"

• Like 1
vor 30 Minuten schrieb Tsukinoki:

Exactly this.

I have yet to see anyone come to the forums and yell and complain "There are neon pink rhinos with Sari Syandanas using titania idle animations!!!  How dare they ruin the immersion and art style of warframe!!!!!!!"

That happened like 5 times in my few 1000s of hours. The first thing I saw when I logged in yesterday to greet Baro was 400 people and featherwings everywhere. Is this Mu Online?

I don't think a simple toggle in the options to disable these for the player alone does any harm, does it?

• Like 3