Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Apparence: "use warframe color"

MollAgdeduba

22 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

can't you already do that with "copy warframe colours" in appearance tab of the weapon? or is 2 clicks too much for you

No... is not two click... i mean... ALL the equipment, so primary, secondary and melee and parazon and everything else. Maybe understand what i mean is too much for you. 
The image posted by the guys i'm quoting maybe could explain better =) The only difference is the option should be a "Melee slot option" and not in the option of the weapons

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

2 years ago someone suggested this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPRWS6MN_Us1inqJ--DOK

Eh... Meh... Hmm... I don't have an opinion on this

33 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

can't you already do that with "copy warframe colours" in appearance tab of the weapon? or is 2 clicks too much for you

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

2 years ago someone suggested this

Eh... Meh... Hmm... I don't have an opinion on this

Im not sure if i understand correctly but what OP mean that if you have bo mk1 equipped on pink excalibur it automatically become pink bo mk1
But if you have it on yellow ember it will automatically become yellow bo mk1

28 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Maybe understand what i mean is too much for you. 

I'd never bash anyone for not having a perfect language, but you should check yourself before you go at someone for his comprehension skills, when you're barely making any sense.

Wouldn't hurt , but on many of my frames the color doesn't translate very well between warframes and weapons (due to the different texturea andshadings  , 

So I do usually have to tweak it to match.

So even though match warframe helps I don't want it as a toggle , cause I do want most of the colors , but I don't want some of them.

So you are proposing an automatic toggle that sets all of your gear to match Warframe color at once, instead of having to go to each one and click in and out? 

If so I don't see how it would hurt. It's just another qol for ease of setting up fashionframe. 

Not a big priority, but wouldn't take long to code either. I don't see why not. 

From the front-end, this doesn't seem difficult. But we don't know how the back-end for weapon appearances are set up. There's a database that gets accessed and called every time we load a loadout might not take kindly to us rewriting multiple entries at once. 

I will also posit that while it would be neat to have this feature, it's not really worth the effort that might be put into it. Unless it's something a programmer at DE just sort of tinkers with on their own time, if it is an easy feature to implement. 

On paper it sounds nice but a lot of weapons have their color channels or textures or whatever screwed up.

It's hard to describe. But like metal texture on a weapon might be on a different slot. So you color your frame gold on it's metal parts and on the weapon the metal parts will adopt a different color.

And that's bloody annoying because I always have to switch around the colors on those weapons.

On 2021-02-14 at 12:29 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

So you are proposing an automatic toggle that sets all of your gear to match Warframe color at once, instead of having to go to each one and click in and out? 

If so I don't see how it would hurt. It's just another qol for ease of setting up fashionframe. 

Not a big priority, but wouldn't take long to code either. I don't see why not. 

Exactly. That's what i'm proposing.

This is very useful when you have "personalized colour" con each warframe.

Archived