Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Show Peculiar Content" Option

PublikDomain

On 2021-03-26 at 6:08 PM, PublikDomain said:

Aaand the ears aren't going to be permanent this year. Again.

I know the feel. I think when the Eros Arrow Skin was first added, a following Devstream they said they were going to make it into a skin for next year. I forget how many years that took. Hopefully the bunny ears will get that treatment someday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

I know the feel. I think when the Eros Arrow Skin was first added, a following Devstream they said they were going to make it into a skin for next year. I forget how many years that took. Hopefully the bunny ears will get that treatment someday.

I was really hoping for this year with all the progress made on the other cosmetics. Permanent Eros Arrow Skin, new permanent Ephemera like the wings and snowfall one, etc. My fault for being hopeful I guess.

• Like 4

Seeing as how this on the second page (and interpolating off of my habit of rarely reading the second page), and considering how the first post as reasonably well written and tends to something I somewhat care about, I'll do something that is quite predictable.

Bump (of course, I hope with some style)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, twirlandswirl said:

You leave my Norg mask alone.

lol. I think the mask is the least of our concerns. At least that mask matches the theme of Cetus and Plains of Eidolon cosmetics. As much as I like the Eros Wings Ephemera on some of my frames, it is absolutely not "Warframey".

• Like 2

I mean why not. 

Tbh, i dont think cosmetics should ever be temporary. I couldnt imagine if i could only equip my frost skin on a certain day like christmas, that would hurt

I heard the reason for it is so that it makes easter more special but i think 99.999% of the people who actually use the ears disagree. It just brings memories of frustration about the ears leaving tomorrow. 

Something more appropiate would be something like an easter decoration on Cetus where Konzu is a rabbit, the kids are hunting for easter eggs, etc etc. We are all okay with others doing and wearing what they want, so having things like npcs wear something temporary is 10x less troublesome than doing it to us. Get this, it deliver the same effect of making holidays feel more special too

So id say DE should go that route, and make the bunny ears and other cosmetic goodies permanent and only purchaseable on easter. That would put smiles on more peoples faces than the latter, and make easter feel real good. Id be more happy every year to get a good laugh at konzu as a rabbit, than i would noticing ears on peoples head and then seeing them write me a sad message about them not being able to keep it.

Sad vibes

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@publikdomain if we have anything to talk about, it seems most people are -admittedly for good reason- not paying too much attention to our woes about cosmetic customization. I guess it's just too much to the margins of DE's interest. I feel like were just waiting for DE to add in some feature creep (the good kind) in the options menu to allow us to toggle them off/on.

Still, I feel bumping this thread (which is currently on the 3rd page) will help with that, so, as I've become somewhat feebly habituated to.

Bump.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anonymous14z said:

@publikdomain if we have anything to talk about, it seems most people are -admittedly for good reason- not paying too much attention to our woes about cosmetic customization. I guess it's just too much to the margins of DE's interest. I feel like were just waiting for DE to add in some feature creep (the good kind) in the options menu to allow us to toggle them off/on.

Still, I feel bumping this thread (which is currently on the 3rd page) will help with that, so, as I've become somewhat feebly habituated to.

Bump.

I'm planning on linking this thread on hotfixes during Dog Days. There aren't any current events at the moment to help keep this topic relevant, but with Dog Days for example this feature could allow for making the pool float auxiliary an equippable cosmetic - something that's been asked for since Dog Days was introduced.

• Like 2

Alright *now* we can bump the S#&$ out of this thread. The Dog Days event adds a new temporary event Ephemera and a permanent event skin. Luckily the skin is pretty tame so it being permanent isn't a big deal, but it just further highlights how much we need this option implemented. The Dog Days Ephemera is cool and I'd like to use it. How lame would it be if Dog Days was gone before you could put Yareli in a floaty?

• Like 3

Dear DE,

Please don't implement any kind of Fashion Police feature.  I love your aesthetic vision of the game world and the many different ways that players can express themselves in it.  Always looking forward to what you'll add next! <3

Love,

A fashion fan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Please don't implement any kind of Fashion Police feature. 

You should take a moment to READ the original post. It is not "fashion police", it is controlled consumption.

Example: I used to watch TV on cable, the commercial breaks are extra loud because of a technique called sound compression, so I mute the TV during the commercials. I should be allowed to mute my own TV. Are you suggesting that I should not be able to control what I am exposed to?

That is what this thread is about. We are not criticizing the artistic and creative direction that DE is taking the game.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

You should take a moment to READ the original post.

Did read it.  Not a fan.  The term "Fashion Police" is a fun goof and not intended to be a meaningful or logical argument, I would recommend not getting caught up on it.

8 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

We are not criticizing the artistic and creative direction that DE is taking the game.

But...you are?  That's the basis of the entire thread:

"And despite this, DE still does not offer a way for players to hide these or other silly or potentially immersion-breaking cosmetics."

Sounds critical to me!  You should take a moment to READ the original post.  ;)

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
moar reply
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Dear DE,

Please don't implement any kind of Fashion Police feature.  I love your aesthetic vision of the game world and the many different ways that players can express themselves in it.  Always looking forward to what you'll add next! <3

Love,

A fashion fan

🤔 But this feature would allow for more fashion, since more cosmetics could be permanent? There could be a new category of weapon cosmetics, too.

These are cosmetics that DE's own creative team doesn't want to be visible year-round, and for good reason: there are players who don't want to have their experience of the game's unique style impacted by bird wings, giant candy canes, and bunny ears. Yet these players are forced to view these outlandish cosmetics - either year round or when those cosmetics are back in season. Likewise there are players who want to use all of the ways the game provides to express themselves, yet cannot because some cosmetics are left temporary.

Yes, this feature would let some players fully opt out of silly cosmetics. Why is that a problem? Who are you to force that on those that don't want to see it?

Edited by PublikDomain
typo
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

You should take a moment to READ the original post.  ;)

Please don't cherry-pick the OP and take my words out of context:

On 2021-02-13 at 3:18 PM, PublikDomain said:

And despite this, DE still does not offer a way for players to hide these or other silly or potentially immersion-breaking cosmetics. Nor do they yet allow some of the other silly cosmetics to be kept permanently. We're stuck in the middle with no solution for any party: people that don't like these cosmetics can't hide them, and people that do like the cosmetics that are still temporary cannot keep them. It's inconsistent and no one is happy with the outcome, including DE's creative team!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes, this feature would let some players fully opt out of silly cosmetics. Why is that a problem? Who are you to force that on those that don't want to see it?

It's such a bizarre idea to frame people existing in the world as they choose to be as "others forcing you to see them".  Not gonna lie, it's got a disturbing ring to it.

• Like 2