Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Show Peculiar Content" Option

PublikDomain

And then there's weird ideas floating around that players want ephemeras to be modified a certain way. I disagree with their position, but they are totally entitled to voice their opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if DE would have an easier time if they simply removed ephemeras from the game...

Edited by LillyRaccune
"Ideas, not people"

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

And then there's weird ideas floating around that players want ephemeras to be modified a certain way. I disagree with their position, but they are totally entitled to voice their opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if DE would have an easier time if they simply removed ephemeras from the game...

That seems like a bug more than anything... Archwing plays at a smaller scale than regular gameplay, so when an Ephemera doesn't scale down it can get overwhelming. It's not really related to the ideas here.

Looks like Anonymous has drawn the ire of a moderator... Just know that you're still the MVP in my heart, even if a mod edits my posts to not say that. Thanks for the bumps and reminders.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well @LillyRaccune, It seems people don't mind that much, however, I'm still hoping that if we can keep this thread on this board for long enough, maybe something will be done about us minority?

Personally -and being a bit dark here-, I hope DE creates a bigger cosmetic problem with that fairly novel and overblown valkyr skin, which maybe provokes a similar complaint, and maybe those people will stumble on this thread, and may take it's suggestions as the answer.

-At the risk of being a bit rude-

Whenever the cosmetic creep becomes unbearable, (like with that valkyr skin) I want the answer posted in this thread to be the solution that they'll stumble upon. Through a combination of the writing quality, the quality of the answer itself, the non-invasiveness of the suggestion this answer has my support. And knowing how irrationally important "timing" and "getting there first" is in our current culture/epistemology, I feel moderately compelled to continue a habit I've gotten into.

Bump

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, anonymous14z said:

-At the risk of being a bit rude-

Whenever the cosmetic creep becomes unbearable, (like with that valkyr skin) I want the answer posted in this thread to be the solution that they'll stumble upon. Through a combination of the writing quality, the quality of the answer itself, the non-invasiveness of the suggestion this answer has my support. And knowing how irrationally important "timing" and "getting there first" is in our current culture/epistemology, I feel moderately compelled to continue a habit I've gotten into.

Bump

I appreciate it - but since it's been brought up a few times I feel that I should be clear that deluxe skins aren't the focus of this setting. I know there's controversy over the new Valkyr deluxe but what is and isn't covered by the Peculiar setting is ultimately going to be up to DE, and 99.999% of the time Deluxes and other large value items they've decided fit the game's overall aesthetic aren't going to be the intended target. I think there's a pretty clear separation between candy canes and buff Valkyr.

• Like 4

It probably doesn't count as "Peculiar" by itself, but I thought this would be interesting to share :)

I just noticed the customizing similarity between this and the Peculiar option. One of the first comments on that post even suggested a fake nose / mustache & glasses, which would be a peculiar stealth method, heh!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

It probably doesn't count as "Peculiar" by itself, but I thought this would be interesting to share :)

I just noticed the customizing similarity between this and the Peculiar option. One of the first comments on that post even suggested a fake nose / mustache & glasses, which would be a peculiar stealth method, heh!

This is a really neat idea. Thanks for sharing! If customizable cloaking was an option, it wouldn't surprise me if fancy-pants rainbow cloaking was introduced.

hanging out step by step GIF

If it was, then this Peculiar Option would really help us.

I had trouble following the link, so this is the image from the Reddit post: "Okay, so hear me out: Customizable Stealth VFX."

Spoiler

bdr6BrD.jpg

I would personally prefer Mushed Masking or Techno Masking.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

This is a different topic I need to make a thread about lol.

There ought to be a customization slot for ability VFX. So you could choose if you want Gara's glass armor to shatter or stay in one piece, choose the Rhino skin you want, or which Ivara stealth appearance, or use the first Nova Deluxe's arms VFX. Edit: So a slightly more generic version of what you've linked.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

This is a really neat idea. Thanks for sharing! If customizable cloaking was an option, it wouldn't surprise me if fancy-pants rainbow cloaking was introduced.

hanging out step by step GIF

If it was, then this Peculiar Option would really help us.

I had trouble following the link, so this is the image from the Reddit post: "Okay, so hear me out: Customizable Stealth VFX."

Hide contents

bdr6BrD.jpg

I would personally prefer Mushed Masking or Techno Masking.

Anytime! Sorry if the link didn't work too well; I noticed the "share" option on that page & copied the link via that, and pasted it above. Hm, if Stealth was added to the Peculiar line, then maybe it would just make the other players' Frame be transparent with the appropriate settings set in the options?

I'm not 100% sure which one I would go for, but I'd love to see more ideas come from this too. It might be possible to create Stealth Tennogen FX as well, if DE expanded that. Although I'm not sure if that would consist of transparent 3D models or just textures & screen option combinations to equip in the Arsenal (Like in the Deceptive Masking image), but I feel that it has a good amount of potential in & of itself as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This is a different topic I need to make a thread about lol.

There ought to be a customization slot for ability VFX. So you could choose if you want Gara's glass armor to shatter or stay in one piece, choose the Rhino skin you want, or which Ivara stealth appearance, or use the first Nova Deluxe's arms VFX. Edit: So a slightly more generic version of what you've linked.

I gotcha :)

I still remember about that Gara thread. Perhaps the ability VFX customization could be achieved after The New War if DE decided to put enough time into it to make sure it doesn't break other things severely. Although some sort of Masking FX would be nice too at least.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Hm, if Stealth was added to the Peculiar line, then maybe it would just make the other players' Frame be transparent with the appropriate settings set in the options?

I'm sure there'd be stealth options that aren't Peculiar, so those would be unaffected.

If a stealth option were marked Peculiar, then the idea would be that it'd fall back to the default appearance when viewed by other players with Show Peculiar Content set to Never. If it were a seasonal stealth option, like idk a Halloween-themed pumpkin apperance, then it'd also fall back to the default appearance when viewed by other players with the setting set to When Appropriate - but only when it's not around Halloween. Otherwise it'd show normally to players who haven't fully opted out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

I'm sure there'd be stealth options that aren't Peculiar, so those would be unaffected.

If a stealth option were marked Peculiar, then the idea would be that it'd fall back to the default appearance when viewed by other players with Show Peculiar Content set to Never. If it were a seasonal stealth option, like idk a Halloween-themed pumpkin apperance, then it'd also fall back to the default appearance when viewed by other players with the setting set to When Appropriate - but only when it's not around Halloween. Otherwise it'd show normally to players who haven't fully opted out.

That makes sense :)

I almost forgot about the holiday things for a moment; DE could definitely expand on that with stuff like this. It'd be even more than a Lepus headgear / Pumpkin head though, so I could see that being Peculiar right off the bat. Certainly candidates for it. As far as Stealth options go in general, it sounds like that reddit post was aiming for all frames to be applicable with it (Octavia could provide the invisibility off the top of my head), so I imagine this would come across the minds of a lot of Tenno someday.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Haenohalanodien said:

Nice to see that someone else is also tired of Perfect World frame and wants the style to be lore friendly.

Actually, I'm tired of having my Perfect World frame taken away when seasonal events end. I want my bunny ears to be permanent! But I know that other people have other opinions, and me wanting these items to be permanent without considering how others feel would be selfish. This setting would address both of our desires: my desire to wear bunny ears all year round, and your desire to experience the game without goofy bird and bat wings all over the place.

• Like 9

Le 25/09/2021 à 07:26, PublikDomain a dit :

Actually, I'm tired of having my Perfect World frame taken away when seasonal events end. I want my bunny ears to be permanent! But I know that other people have other opinions, and me wanting these items to be permanent without considering how others feel would be selfish. This setting would address both of our desires: my desire to wear bunny ears all year round, and your desire to experience the game without goofy bird and bat wings all over the place.

You boosted my faith in Humanity ❤️

Thanks

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Bumping because I'm sharing this thread in a relevant post. I really hope these suggestions get considered by DE.

The thread needs all the bumps it can get.  This is one of the things DE really needs to listen to.  Hell, I'm pretty sure I usually end up arguing with Publik when we're both in a thread.  I could not agree more here though.  I don't remember who it was, but there was some guy who was big mad about wings being put into the game, and I'm sure he's going to be hot about the new ones coming out.  As much as I disagreed with them in a different thread, it would be fantastic if we could both have our way and I get my bright pink Rhino with wings and he gets to turn the wings off on his screen.

• Like 8

On 2021-08-10 at 9:52 AM, LillyRaccune said:

We need a Kavat/Hyekka ephemera to put on our crazy cat lady frames warframes

S4A3fsO.gif

How would it work? Like ghostly cats appear when you are not in combat, but get scared and hide/disappear when you get into combat?

Sounds cool, just curious

I mean really cool actually, imagine a full on spectral lion walking around you, chillen and stuff, or a black panther. I could dig it

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

How would it work? Like ghostly cats appear when you are not in combat, but get scared and hide/disappear when you get into combat?

Sounds cool, just curious

I mean really cool actually, imagine a full on spectral lion walking around you, chillen and stuff, or a black panther. I could dig it

Ghost cats would be cool! I was thinking of cats falling out of our pockets as we walk, it would look a little like the Egg-Step ephemera :crylaugh:

A specral companion ephemera would be awesome too!

• Like 4

Hm, speaking of ghostly Kavats;

I haven't met a Kavat like that ^ before, but maybe it'll happen someday. In the meantime, I've taken to using the Vengeful Toxin Ephemera for my Smeeta (Raymond):

Spoiler

forum_profile_image_example7.jpg?width=7

Just prepped & waiting for a massive ship to park itself atop the Unum's Tower :)

Raymond's Ephemera is a bit hard to see aside from near his face, but I also have it on Bonewidow using the same blue / purple colors (Kinda wish it was more visible there).

I'd love to see more options for Companion Ephemera someday. Now that I think of it, the Hound seen in the loading screen with Yareli seems to have a Sister Ephemera already! Things could start with that, perhaps.

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
Found a typo just now, heh! It happens.
  • Like 3

Just wanted to take a second and thank everyone for their bumps and +1s, as this thread is now marked as Popular! Peculiar green border and all.

Edit: Moving forward I'll be posting links to this thread in hotfix and update threads whenever this kind of Peculiar content is available. In the immediate future that'll be any hotfixes and updates during Nights of Naberus, and in December any hotfixes and updates during the Solstice event. I think the desire for this kind of feature is obvious, all that's left is to get it in front of someone at DE who can make it happen.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 6

YES PLEASE!!! 

As someone who likes to check fashion at all times, these Silly Cosmetics
but the Eros Ephemera specially, are ruining Fashion Frame for me.

I never had a single issue with any other Wings Syandana, because those 
were made to fit Warframe aesthetics, but literal Bird Wings with literal Feathers
should not be something I have to see everytime I play Warframe

WARFRAME SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE TERA

• Like 10