Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Show Peculiar Content" Option

PublikDomain

10 hours ago, MakotoSmile said:

I totally understand people do like their exagerated customization but I would like to never see it at all.

The toggle feature is a great sugestion, not sure if they can make it one day, but Id appreciate it too. 

I'm sure they can, same way you can choose not to see the intense particle effects that some people have at max in their settings

Certain it's fully possible

• Like 3

hace 5 horas, baked dijo:

I went and looked Tera up, and, lol

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? 

Bro the Police Car Mount is THE LITERAL REASON I left Tera

It was DIS-GUS-TING, it was everywhere, it looked like literal 
plastic, the game started looking like Roblox, and Tera being Korean 
was already silly enough. 

I really need Warframe to NOT TAKE THIS ROUTE because the same way
I had thousands of hours on Tera, and I was super engaged (best MMO Combat IMO)
I saw that thing once and I laughed, I saw it twice and I meh'd, I saw the town
full to the brim with those cars and I left to never go back. 

If Warframe keeps putting evergreen silly Cosmetics Im quitting, I dont care 
really about the combat, I will always have the Souls Genre and the other hundred 
of looter shooters, and the same way Im not playing Borderlands because I dont like
the style and play Warframe instead, once it happens the same to Warframe I will go some
where else.

Its really sad bro, the Style and Aesthetics of the Warframe universe are the Spinal Cord
of its identity, from models, to animations, to mechanics to the lore itself. 

[DE]Geoff, [DE]Steve, the old players DO respect aesthetics, we will support you in
marking the limits of what can be seen at any time when playing Public. 
thousands of 

• Like 6

As a good example of the general way this setting could be applied to more than just player cosmetics, consider this: since the Dullahan Mask is now a Helmet and not an Auxiliary, you can generate Liches and Sisters with pumpkins:

Spoiler

2bzE9tF.png

It's currently positioned incorrectly and missing its material, but this is a bug.

With the Show Peculiar Content option, content like the pumpkin heads on these Liches could simply be hidden for players who have chosen not to view it.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

As a good example of the general way this setting could be applied to more than just player cosmetics, consider this: since the Dullahan Mask is now a Helmet and not an Auxiliary, you can generate Liches and Sisters with pumpkins:

Reveal hidden contents

2bzE9tF.png

It's currently positioned incorrectly and missing its material, but this is a bug.

With the Show Peculiar Content option, content like the pumpkin heads on these Liches could simply be hidden for players who have chosen not to view it.

Ooh, that's surprising! On the flipside, for those who choose to see it maybe it'll be like a "Legacy Lich", assuming it doesn't get changed for existing Liches when that's fixed (Them being able to have a Pumpkin at all).

• Not to get off topic much, but;
    Spoiler

Initially, a good while ago I thought about a hypothetical "Legacy Lich" in the event DE added the rest of the damage types to Progenitor Warframes. Mostly for the potential of more Ephemera ideas such as a Slash Ephemera (Sharp air currents based on your movement direction) for things like Gauss, Volt & K-Drives (Before I learned K-Drives can't use Vengeful Ephemera), Puncture (Points of space imploding around you, basically) and so on.

I figured that would require divvying up the elements a bit among the existing Frames, resulting in some Liches / Sisters that have the helmet of a Frame that no longer corresponds with that nemesis' element. Xaku becoming a Void element progenitor for example! But it's just another idea, of course.

Hm, if Liches get to retain bug-free pumpkins and are affected by the option, perhaps they'd be known as Peculiar Liches / Sisters :)

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
Had a tiny typo.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Hm, if Liches get to retain bug-free pumpkins and are affected by the option, perhaps they'd be known as Peculiar Liches / Sisters :)

Which would be a good thing for DE. It'd drive trade on those "special" Liches and increase engagement whenever players can make them. I wouldn't have created this Lich if it weren't for the pumpkin head, and I'll be making a few more during Naberus to find one I really like.

• Like 2

Just now, PublikDomain said:

Which would be a good thing for DE. It'd drive trade on those "special" Liches and increase engagement whenever players can make them. I wouldn't have created this Lich if it weren't for the pumpkin head, and I'll be making a few more during Naberus to find one I really like.

True :)

I'm considering trying that too, at least to record them in the Codex. Increases the number of Tenno going after Special (Holiday?) Liches & Sisters, they get a cool Crewmate if converted, or can trade them to another Tenno all the while DE sees more stuff happening during those times of the year! And naturally it'll only show up for those who want it via the Peculiar Content option.

300px-I_See_This_as_an_Absolute_Win.jpg

(Wait, they could probably be mentioned in chat tabs I guess. But that can be filtered already, I think)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

[DE]Geoff, [DE]Steve, the old players DO respect aesthetics, we will support you in marking the limits of what can be seen at any time when playing Public. 

I was just thinking about this today. I really love the aesthetic, the ambience. I was thinking a way to show all the art team and design that lots of us care deeply for all their work. 

I've only truly started Warframe this year, always was skeptic about the freetoplay formula. But never a day goes by without me thinking how I wish I jumped in sooner. The game is bold in every aspect I am grateful that it was possible to exist and go on for so long. Thank all [DE] who made and still make Warframe be awsome. Wish you all the best :) 

• Like 5

On 2021-10-06 at 12:11 PM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

How would it work? Like ghostly cats appear when you are not in combat, but get scared and hide/disappear when you get into combat?

Sounds cool, just curious

I mean really cool actually, imagine a full on spectral lion walking around you, chillen and stuff, or a black panther. I could dig it

Honestly this kind of opens the discussion for cosmetic only pets, like you see in so many other games.  You could have some of the conservation animals, like a Pobber.  He hides during combat and chills with the squad when we're not murdering stuff.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

This player made a neat suggestion. Colour pallets with changing tones (fading was what they suggested). I think it's a cool idea.

What I really want is a second option on each channel to change the texture of that channel.  This would not only fix the constant issue of color channels on different cosmetics not lining up with the material types for those items (like how you can have metallics on the accent channel for the body of a frame and the metallics are on the secondary color for a tennogen helm.) but would greatly expand what you could do with your look.  They could make it a plat unlock and all the textures plat only and I would be 100% okay with that.  Take my friggin plat.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Le 07/10/2021 à 16:55, Roble_Viejo a dit :

the Style and Aesthetics of the Warframe universe are the Spinal Cord
of its identity, from models, to animations, to mechanics to the lore itself. 

I totally agree on this. Graphics have evolved a lot, in a wonderful way, while maintaining an unity. That with 3 really differents "culture" (Corpus, Tenno and Grinner which have their own strongs aesthetics choices)  It's an oustanding work. Really immersive.

I'm not a fan of Cetus people, nor Venus one but they work very well too. It look like cultures. From clothes to building, we can see their art and tastes.

High five to everyone who have done artwork for this game. You're very at your job and you're a great team too ❤️

• Like 3

I wonder if DE is going to add more skins/ephemeras that are Techno/Technocyte flavoured like the Zephyr Harrier set. I like it that it makes my Zephyr look like a gundam, but the design isn't "warframy". Especially the text decals written in English (!!!), those should really have been written in Orokin/Tenno. For me, seeing that english is emmersion breaking :facepalm:

• Like 2

A few people said they will miss their Mr. and Mrs. Pumpkin Heads. I posted this thread into the "Naberus has ended" thread.

The Movember 'stash collection has not changed in a few years (has it ever changed?). Then in December we will see what we have going on in terms of new cosmetics or first-time players commenting on the "immersive" candy-cane skins.

When DE finally releases The Warframe Mobile 200.gif we will see if they start releasing more Peculiar Cosmetics or if they try to limit how much screen-spam and particle-spam the mobile host/clients need to render. I hope we will be able to bring this subject to a place where DE will seriously consider it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

After that intro for TNW, I would be a bit surprised if Nakak didn't try making a mask based on Erra!

More customization the better, either way :)

Yum yum, that looks awesome. On this same note, I have been yearning for some Ballas looks for my operator.

• Like 1