Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Show Peculiar Content" Option

PublikDomain

the reason why is as follows:

🤷‍♀️

thats it. literally, thats it. there is zero rhyme or reason as to why they allow some seasonal cosmetics to be permanent over others. to prove the point, here are 3 4 permanent cosmetics that are equally, if not more, absurd than bunny ears (that mind you, literally are attached on by metallic parts. you dont *literally* gain ears):

- a skin for the kubrow that gives it a glowing red nose

- angelic wings that have *actual* feathers. they even doubled down on these by making them part of the nightwave

- a candy cane skin for scythes. need i say more?

- a fourth one which i think takes the cake, bat swarms. think about that for a second. BATS. do you have any idea how far into the future warframe is? a quick google search says it could be anything like 20 *MILLION* years from now. if youre going to sit here and try to convince me bats still exist in their current form while every other animal has some warped new version of itself, youve got to bring your a-game let me tell you 😂

there *is* no other reason than “meh”, which really upsets me because i adore the ears and they go so well with multiple of my frames themes. what gets to me even more is that im pretty sure they know theyve got no rebuttal to this request, because i swear down i literally saw reb on reddit once say “yeah look we just dont want to make them permanent”. lmao what kind of response is that?? especially in a warframe where permanent seasonal items exist, this is *anti* logic. ok, *you* dont like them. but, we do? to some of us they add a lot of meaningful enjoyment to the game and in a game so heralded for its customisation, denying peoples expression with the simple reason being “dont want to lol” is such a slap in the face. youve already conceded youre ok with cosmetics of this caliber!! ugh 🤦‍♀️

i wish i knew where to find that quote so i could link it lol. im pretty sure it was reb, but i know for a fact it was a member of de. i think in response to one of those “annual” posts 

On 2022-04-15 at 11:10 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Also, the fact they go away and are only available for a short time is part of what makes them fun. You're not looking at them year round to the point where they blend into he background.

It's like how seeing yet another red & black frame, pink Grendel, or some other overused meme is yawn worthy for all but the easily amused and people that are new to the game and haven't seen them all over the place for years. People should obviously do what they like and makes them happy, just should realize that they're all over the place and not as unique as they think before they share look links expecting praise from everyone.

would you say that the people who want to use them all year round and dislike the fact that they go away agree that its fun?

Edited by B.P.Emma
  • Like 6

On 2022-04-21 at 10:36 AM, B.P.Emma said:

thats it. literally, thats it. there is zero rhyme or reason as to why they allow some seasonal cosmetics to be permanent over others. to prove the point, here are 3 4 permanent cosmetics that are equally, if not more, absurd than bunny ears (that mind you, literally are attached on by metallic parts. you dont *literally* gain ears):

I would like to add the Ringers skin for fists weapon. That skin makes jingles sound with every punch. So you can run around, punching people while being accompanied by the jingling bells. 

Make these thing permanently available to used while only selling them in season is a good thing. 

I have no interest in most of these cosmetic. Most of them don't fit with my preferred aesthetic and I simply don't use them while other people can use them as they want to.

It is THAT simple.  

• Like 2

I agree! It makes me happy and especially with protea deluxe skin being announced so long ago but still not coming out yet it at least makes me feel a bit less weird about proteas weird helmets.

These probably work with void shells too, so that might be enough for people to get new helmets that they otherwise wouldn't because maybe they look nice with the bunny ears.

DE, we still have them, so it isn't too late to do a cool person announcement and be like.. "Tenno, we have decided to let you keep your ears this year in the spirit of celebration." or something. Maybe removing them made sense at one point but there has been so much other stuff that is way less immersive added at this point. I think it would make more sense to just keep the slot open, keep the ears, and give us alternative things to compete with the bunny ears for nightwave and other stuff.

Almost every game adds horns for example and it would be easy to do those in a style that fits the frames. Warframe style crowns. Theres so many things this slot can be used for. No reason for this slot to disappear - you are kinda running low on diversity of things you can make in other areas on the cosmetic front  (how many capes and wings until it starts repeating? unless tails become an option) of warframes so keeping the head stuff slot open and expanding it to include more stuff would be an easy decision in my opinion.

Besides, in most games, seasonal stuff thats temporary eventually becomes permanent anyway because the devs don't wanna lock access out of that content forever, but also think doing something new and fresh the next year makes sense. Which it has been several years - so time to just commit this to the game and do something new next year in my opinion.

Edited by Sahfiel

• 2 weeks later...

Haha they merged it all and didn't listen to any player feedback? Wow.

Protip: If lots of players are using something, its because they like it.

Should have let us keep it and then sold us other head decorations.

DE always takes the lazy route these days even when it means they leave money on the table that people wouldn't really mind parting with that much.

Disappointed in an almost parental sorta way.

Gonna need a facepalm emote.

• Like 1

En 13/2/2021 a las 17:18, PublikDomain dijo:

I sincerely hope that 2021 2022 is the year DE finally sees the light and provides this much-needed option.

Soon will be "2021 2022 2023" If they continue this slow. xd

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

DE is currently on stream talking about the bug that lets players pick any skin color they want.

Ns1fb3U.png

Geoff doesn't like this, and some of DE have some reservations. Sounds like another great application of this option! Players with Show Peculiar Content set to Always could opt in to seeing all skin tone ranges, while players with When Appropriate or Never could see colors from a limited DE-approved skin tone palette.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 6

Starting with my suggestions on the topic but everyone else is welcome to use this thread for their own, too.

Firstly, I want to draw attention to the great relevance of this other thread:

Options are good. Options solve a lot of problems.

Additionally:

• Pablo's idea for a limited palette of special colors: yes please!
  • Make special skin colors available only on the Drifter. The inherent weirdness of Duviri makes weird Drifter skin colors more plausible, as does their wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey existence in relation to the Operator.
  • Make the special palette expensive. Get that bread, DE.
  • Like 1

I suppose DE might have reservations because there may be a lot of back end "spaghetti code" in order to make things work in a host/client > only-client way. But as discussed earlier in this thread, if DE successfully deployed it then they could make a cash-cow out of selling explosive and colourful cosmetics. I think in the long term it would be a good investment.

(TennoGen Ephemera intensifies.)

• Like 3

On 2022-04-24 at 4:10 PM, EothasianBoar said:

I would like to add the Ringers skin for fists weapon. That skin makes jingles sound with every punch. So you can run around, punching people while being accompanied by the jingling bells. 

Make these thing permanently available to used while only selling them in season is a good thing.

I was under the impression the Ringers skin was already like that, I've had the skin for years now and only had to purchase it the once (same with the Spearmint Scythe skin).

32 minutes ago, iPathos said:

I was under the impression the Ringers skin was already like that, I've had the skin for years now and only had to purchase it the once (same with the Spearmint Scythe skin).

Correct, the Ringers are permanent once purchased. I believe they're a plat purchase as well.

On 2022-05-27 at 8:10 PM, PublikDomain said:

DE is currently on stream talking about the bug that lets players pick any skin color they want.

Ns1fb3U.png

Geoff doesn't like this, and some of DE have some reservations. Sounds like another great application of this option! Players with Show Peculiar Content set to Always could opt in to seeing all skin tone ranges, while players with When Appropriate or Never could see colors from a limited DE-approved skin tone palette.

the irony of them saying some things are too far when hot pink as a damn colour just exists…

i just went to go hatewatch that clip lol. its so annoying! how many people do they think are unironically going to commit to looking like bloody “shrek 🐸for anything more than 5 mins after the buzz of “wow i can actually do this!” wears off. when they could instead go for a cool look. they talk like its going to be some sort of green epidemic 😂

I totally support DE implementing such a system, though I'd never use it myself. It would allow them to enable the silly stuff year round while not bothering people that prefer not to see them. I would very much like the Dog Day's Ephemera year round since it's perfect for Grendel, IMO.

As to the concern it would get out of hand, FFXIV doesn't have these restrictions and santa hats and other costumes are very much in the minority anyway. Player self-expressions is important.

Edited by GigabearPRIME
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Dog Days 2022 adds the new Soaker Ephemera which adds swimming fish and bubbles around your Warframe.

0zUNalr.png

34 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Updated the new Dog Days Ephemera from “Fishy Ephemera” to “Soaker Ephemera”. 

• This is also a permanent Ephemera! When purchased from Nakak’s Beach Toy offerings in Cetus it remains in your inventory forever. 

And as you can see, it is permanent while the Dog Days Ephemera (inner tube) is still not.

Bunny Ears: no.
Fish: yes.
Inner tube: no.
Wings: yes.
Pumpkin: no.
Candy cane: yes.
Easter eggs: no.

Do you see the pattern?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Dog Days 2022 adds the new Soaker Ephemera which adds swimming fish and bubbles around your Warframe.

0zUNalr.png

And as you can see, it is permanent while the Dog Days Ephemera (inner tube) is still not.

Bunny Ears: no.
Fish: yes.
Inner tube: no.
Wings: yes.
Pumpkin: no.
Candy cane: yes.
Easter eggs: no.

Do you see the pattern?

no i dont, wheres the pattern. please help me 😂

They added an alternate skin color pack in the focus points store. That being said....canonically, the Orokin can just change skin color to whatever they want, so it's not too odd for the Tenno to have been involved in such a thing too. The retroactive history changing of said alterations is just a goofy bonus.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there's quite a lot happening recently.

Nights of Naberus 2022 is on the way out, and with it the Dullahan Mask. Again. Despite all the other Halloween cosmetics that are permanent.

Movember 2022 is on the way in, and with it all of the Movember Mustaches which are still temporary. Despite being in support of men's health awareness which is just as valuable and important as other charitable causes like QTCC which has a ton of permanent cosmetics.

And the ancient Dark Sector weapon skins are finally on their way for the next Nightwave and will be, as far as anyone can tell, permanent. This despite being just as out of place ingame as the cosmetics which remain temporary.

jZnmkLf.png

There is no rhyme or reason for which content is temporary and which is permanent. Players who enjoy this content have some of it taken away while others are left in, and players who don't enjoy this content have no way to avoid it. This content should all be permanent for those that enjoy it, and there should be ways to avoid it for those that don't. Let players choose for themselves.

• Like 3