Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which 200 Day login is the wisest choice?

Kya_Purrcy

Question

15 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

coinflip between Primed Fury and Primed Shred, both of them are quite useful, pick based on which one you feel you're more likely to use overall.
Primed Vigor can come later as while it can be useful, it's more niche than the other two.

Thank you!

The current "meta" favors Mellee over Primary weapons. Hence the Primed Fury would arguably give you more power for end game scenario. However, Primed Fury has Berserk to compete with and it's somewhat comparable. 

Primed Shred, while not so popular now due to available primaries on "high-end", might become valuable on a new weapon release. And considering you will be stuck with your choice for the next 400 logins (the 400 days is for sure Prime Sure Footed), that's plenty time for a good Primary to become available. 

Vigor is pretty irrelevant and pretty much any build has better / reasonable options instead. 

I would go for Primed Shred.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

I'm closing in on 200 days as well however I was thinking of getting Vigor..... 

Mostly so that I can easily add a good amount of shield and health onto my frames with just one mod.

Thoughts?

You're better off with an Umbral Vitality-Umbral Fiber-Adaptation combo.

If you need it for Chroma, it might be useful, but there are better mods to be used on Chroma overall than stacking another EHP mod on top of the others.

Plus Rakta Dark Dagger and EV Trinity with the Vampire Leech augment can give Chroma overshields which should be just as good for the buffs afaik..

That's three mods spaces gone and also a lot of capacity used up. I'll have to use 3 forma to bring it down.

wouldn't it just be better if I used 1 Primed Vigor?

If one of the other mods are really the better option then i will go for that but idk.......

and btw I'd like to use Primed vigor on multiple frames.....

19 minutes ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

That's three mods spaces gone and also a lot of capacity used up. I'll have to use 3 forma to bring it down.

wouldn't it just be better if I used 1 Primed Vigor?

If one of the other mods are really the better option then i will go for that but idk.......

and btw I'd like to use Primed vigor on multiple frames.....

Shields are pretty pointless in general.

The less you have, the better (except for Chroma)as it resets the invulnerability timer faster for shieldgating.

And health without armor is pointless as well, you either build a frame to be able to take hits or you don't, in Wf there's no inbetween, considering the oneshots at higher levels.

One mod space is rarely enough to make it work, unless it's something with a built in dr, like Mesa or infinite energy on top of shieldgating, like Limbo which can get by with a single Quick Thinking mod.

Or just an invis frame built for duration.

2 hours ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

Forgive me - I've just come back to this game after over a year and I'm not sure what shield gating is. Could you explain?

Basically just an invulnerability period after your shields are depleted.

It lasts for about a second or two and functions similarly to the Rolling Guard mod.

It resets after your shields are restored, less shields are restored faster, obviously and the mods that speed up shield regen helps too afaik., but i haven't tried those.

Decaying Dragon keys can help to reduce shields also.

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Basically just an invulnerability period after your shields are depleted.

It lasts for about a second or two and functions similarly to the Rolling Guard mod.

It resets after your shields are restored, less shields are restored faster, obviously and the mods that speed up shield regen helps too afaik., but i haven't tried those.

Decaying Dragon keys can help to reduce shields also.

I never thought having less shields is a good thing in any way.

But doesn't it increase your chances of dying as you are then taking more health damage more often too?

Just now, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

But doesn't it increase your chances of dying as you are then taking more health damage more often too?

Shields barely absorb any damage, which is part of why shield gating was implemented.

That's how they made shields useful.

Armor and health is the only effective combination of stats to use for facetanking, but even that falls off at higher levels.

Shields would have next to no use at about Sortie tiers (Sortie 3)of gameplay and above.

You can notice this if you play frames like Harrow in a higher level Sortie, you will have to rely more on your shieldgating and invulnerability phases by using Covenant than your shields.

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Shields barely absorb any damage, which is part of why shield gating was implemented.

That's how they made shields useful.

Armor and health is the only effective combination of stats to use for facetanking, but even that falls off at higher levels.

Shields would have next to no use at about Sortie tiers (Sortie 3)of gameplay and above.

You can notice this if you play frames like Harrow in a higher level Sortie, you will have to rely more on your shieldgating and invulnerability phases by using Covenant than your shields.

Which mod would you suggest I get then?

14 minutes ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

why a decaying dragon key:

if u use augur mods or brief respite aura, 

let says u have 75 shields with the help of the key,  with brief respite aura, one ability cast and shields restored

on full shield restore u get like 1.3 sec invulnerability , but on partial recovery u only get 0.33sec

and normally how i do:, i got rolling guard and brief respit eon my frame + decyaing dragon key.

if shields are gone,  roll to activate roling guard and cast ability to restore shield.

this way u can survive pretty high levels into the thousands with base health

leamxp & iflynn got good videos on youtube explaining shield gating also

1 minute ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

Which mod would you suggest I get then?

Either of the others.

Personally i find Primed Fury to be more useful (you don't have to rely on Berserker in case you're using weapons with low crit stats), but Primed Shred can also be useful on weapons with no innate punchthrough.

Archived