Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes spawn issue (most noticeable in Survival/Disruption) [Fixed]

_cunningStunts

Not a new bug, but in survival missions within the steel path, Acolytes randomly stop spawning for some reason.  After some testing, it appears that if you don't trigger the Lotus speech VIA not interacting with Kuva Catalysts during the ENTIRE Acolyte segment (from the beginning flashing lights to after the Acolyte gives his death speech), then you can avoid the bug where they stop spawning.

Something with Lotus' pop-up dialogue when you pick up a Kuva Catalyst just breaks the Acolytes.  It will even ruin the spawning if she begins speaking DURING the light flickering.

On 2021-02-21 at 4:44 PM, _cunningStunts said:

Bump because of subjective importance.

Bump, this would be the best kuva farm in the game. Please fix.

Everybody farming SE is knowingly taking a 20k kuva/hr hit because they have to avoid the bug.

Just now, TheBowlOfHam said:

That's the reasoning behind Ophelia, because it has archwing tilesets. Kuva Survival is different though, because there's no archwing tilesets.

Kuva fortress is all archwing missions except Taveuni a survival and Garus a rescue. 

I was wondering if the whole planet is getting bugged if there are archwing mission and people are only noticing on the endless missions on the planet. Who knows

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

Kuva fortress is all archwing missions except Taveuni a survival and Garus a rescue. 

I was wondering if the whole planet is getting bugged if there are archwing mission and people are only noticing on the endless missions on the planet. Who knows

Yes, but acolytes aren't just "not spawning at all" on Taveuni. It's a bug with the lotus transmissions during the acolyte spawn. Taveuni is the Kuva Survival mission we're talking about here, which as you said isn't an archwing mission.

Acolytes not spawning on archwing missions is a whole thing in and of itself, and isn't a bug from what I can tell.

Just now, TheBowlOfHam said:

Yes, but acolytes aren't just "not spawning at all" on Taveuni. It's a bug with the lotus transmissions during the acolyte spawn. Taveuni is the Kuva Survival mission we're talking about here, which as you said isn't an archwing mission.

Acolytes not spawning on archwing missions is a whole thing in and of itself, and isn't a bug from what I can tell.

I've had zero acolyte spawns on both Taveuni and Ophelia. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just gonna put this here..

First of all I am sorry I don't have screenshot/record of this bug, but I already experience it few times in Kuva Survival SP and in SP mission.

- Acolyte retreats after only knockdown (not dead and need to revive) my Wukong or they killed the Wukong clone.

- In Kuva Survival SP Acolyte not spawn after 3-5 times spawn, then no more Acolyte spawn after that, I even do the mission 10 more minutes just to make sure.

Thanks in advance for the fix 

👋

14 minutes ago, Nethernome said:

Hi

Just gonna put this here..

First of all I am sorry I don't have screenshot/record of this bug, but I already experience it few times in Kuva Survival SP and in SP mission.

- Acolyte retreats after only knockdown (not dead and need to revive) my Wukong or they killed the Wukong clone.

- In Kuva Survival SP Acolyte not spawn after 3-5 times spawn, then no more Acolyte spawn after that, I even do the mission 10 more minutes just to make sure.

Thanks in advance for the fix 

👋

What are you even talking about here? There is no Kuva Survival Steel Path missions. There is no bug here.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Forgot about the node, thought you were talking about the "other" kuva survivals.

I am not mate... I mean the other SP mission nodes, like other planet nodes.

The bug sometimes forced me to end my long endurance mission run cause the acolyte not spawn even after 10 minutes from the last spawn.

After many hours of farming steel path kuva survival I have noticed a bug.  The acolytes that are supposed to spawn every 5 to 7 minutes will bug out and not spawn at all.  If the acolyte is trying to spawn while the kuva enemy, that you have to kill to activate the console, also spawns the acolyte will then not spawn.  They will not spawn at all from this point in the mission.  It is very frustrating considering the extreme nerf to steel essence farming already.  You can go into a steel path kuva survival mission and have 3 or 4 spawn in a row if you are lucky and the timing works out, or you can literally not have a single one spawn if the first acolyte tries to spawn at the same time as the kuva enemy.  Please fix this as this should be the current best kuva farming method but it isnt because of the bug.

I have to say that this bug looks quite handy to developers. If this bug wasn't there the whole star chart as steel path would be dead. 

What I'm trying to say that the silence about this bug has a clear and obvious reason.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Uan91:

I have to say that this bug looks quite handy to developers. If this bug wasn't there the whole star chart as steel path would be dead. 

What I'm trying to say that the silence about this bug has a clear and obvious reason.

True it seems,hopefully getting fixed with the big update they announced recently

• 3 weeks later...

After running couple of tests, SP Kuva Survival (Taveuni) is clearly still bugged. 

1. 1/5 times of 30+ mins runs, Acolyte spawn normally within 5-10min framwork 

2. 4/5 times of 30+ mins runs, Acolyte either do not spawn at all, or spawn after 12-20mins.  

I noticed that if the grineer with the Cell's are still alive the Acolyte do not spawn. I am not sure if that is the case for this bug?

I'll preface this report with the fact that this bug has been observed/replicated consistently for months not only on PS4, but by PC players as well - so this appears to not be a platform-specific bug.  However, the following experience is strictly my own example of this bug on the PS4 platform tonight (March, 31st, 2021):

Game mode: Steel Path Kuva Survival (Taveuni).  Set to public matchmaking, however no squadmates joined, so the mission effectively was solo.

Loadout: Nyx Prime/Enemy Radar Aura, Trumna, Spectra Vandal, Cerata, Smeeta Kavat.

Mission Synopsis: I deployed one Cosmic Specter (lvl 142) which tagged along with me all mission since I got no public squadmates from matchmaking.  I then started the survival mission which involved me fighting hordes of grineer in all directions.  I'm used to soloing high level missions with Nyx so this was no issue.  I proceeded as normal, decided to defend one "Kuva" capsule a couple minutes in to farm some Kuva resource.  About 5min into the mission, an Acolyte spawn sequence began (flickering lights, transmission at right of screen from Angst, health bar appearing at top of screen, then he showed up to fight).  I killed Angst, received 4 Steel Essence, then continued my standard Kuva Survival mission vs. the Grineer.

A couple minutes later, more flickering lights occurred; clearly another Acolyte was on the way.  Then a transmission from the Lotus came in regarding a mission reward.  I actually got 2 at once; my Kuva capsule finished and gave me 400 Kuva, and at the same time I earned a survival mission reward at the 10min mark (3000 credits I believe).  I waited for what should have been another Acolyte transmission... but nothing came, even though the lights had JUST flickered!

I figured it must have been a fluke... I decided to continue my survival mission farming Kuva capsules.  Maybe the next Acolyte would actually show up? 10 minutes of Kuvival gameplay later, I reached the 20min reward for my survival mission... "where did the Acolytes suddenly disappear to?  They haven't spawned in my mission over 10 minutes!" I told a friend in PS4 Party Chat.  At around 21-22min in the mission, I decided to extract. [END]

_______

What I learned about this bug shortly after: A quick Google search of my issue revealed multiple PC players experiencing this same problem - only 1 or 2 Acolytes would spawn in their survival missions!  Then some threads revealed some repeatable aspects of this bug: players found that any time their Acolyte's spawn sequence was cut off by a Lotus transmission, it permanently stopped all future Acolyte spawns.  That was 100% consistent with what happened in my mission (see above).  Then I felt obligated to report this bug since it's so consistently repeatable - apparently on multiple platforms. 

It made me wonder... if I were to turn off all Lotus transmissions somehow, would the issue disappear completely? I went through the game settings, but unfortunately there's no setting for removing all Lotus transmissions - just volume settings, and a toggle specifically for "hint transmissions."  So the scientist in me sadly wasn't able to run that experiment to prove out that relationship.

That's where I now turn to the forums and DE.  I need YOU guys to run that experiment for me, and see if the Acolyte spawns return consistently to survival missions if you remove that detrimental relationship between the Lotus and Acolyte transmission sequences.  Even if that experiment yields no fixes, I hope it helps with finding the true root cause of the bug.

Thank you for your time - I look forward to this issue someday being resolved... I'm sure countless other high level players on all platforms are equally excited to see this eventually fixed so we can actually enjoy Steel Path Kuvival someday :)

GateNomez (PSN)

Archived