Requesting a "Hide all cosmetics/Hide ephemeras" option.

Requesting a "Hide all cosmetics/Hide ephemeras" option under the display settings.

Seriously, this is getting out of hands. Never in my life have I imagined that one day warframe would turn into a korean-mmo lookalike. As if pooping out flowers or bats wasn't enough. You are ruining my immersion, these are war machines, not some league of angels wing fetishists. Now I log in only to see a horde of cherubs and cupids. The new mission result screen is a flock of seagulls. Pink-winged rhinos with titania's stance hovering and dancing in fortuna is a thing now. Zephyr isn't the only bird now, everybody is. Angelframe? LoLframe? Birdframe?

I'm more inclined towards solo play now than ever before, which I do to avoid the angels.

Therefore I am merely asking for an option for those who don't want to witness fashion frame disasters to hide cosmetics/ephemeras.

• Like 7

I'll say 3 things:

-You don't like the wings? that's ok.Just don't get the wings, it's fine, noone's forcing you to use them but please let other people enjoy their fashion frames, I personally love the wings and they really fit my zephyr but if you don't like it it's fine

-If you're getting this worked up over a pair of WINGS and BATS I think it's better for you to go solo anyway so you don't ruin anyone's day

-The warframes are not alive, yes they are war machines but they're controlled by CHILDREN, idk about you but as a kid I personally would totally use wings with my war machine any day. /hj

• Like 3

I agree with OP. Option to disable all that visual clutter would be awesome.

1 minute ago, DropleTom said:

You don't like the wings? that's ok.Just don't get the wings

He asks for an option to disable other people's cosmetics and ephemeras.  These add extra load and sht if you dunno.

That will not affect you in any way.  Its a display option.

You must respect those who don't want to be bothered by your "fashion".   

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Kainosh said:

I wasn't disrespectful tho- OP was disrespectful and aggressive in their wording, that's where my problem lied

Edited by DropleTom
Accidentally sent it too early lol
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, DropleTom said:

OP was disrespectful and aggressive

I don't see any aggression.  Are you offended by the fact that he doesn't like wings and flower pooping pink rhinos?  I don't like them too. Am I aggressive? No. 

He just expressed his dissatisfaction with latest additions, and asked for a proper solution.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mokkun108 said:

Never in my life have I imagined that one day warframe would turn into a korean-mmo lookalike.

these are war machines, not some league of angels wing fetishists.

The new mission result screen is a flock of seagulls.

Pink-winged rhinos with titania's stance hovering and dancing in fortuna is a thing now.

Angelframe? LoLframe? Birdframe?

fashion frame disasters

Compare that to your much more respectful comment of 

2 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I don't like them.

I'll let you figure out which one is the better way of expressing dissatisfaction

I don't like the pink rhinos pooping out flowers either, but I am ok with putting up with them because I don't care what other people's fashion choices are, tho an option to hide ephemeras woult be great as well, my problem is with how OP worded their comment, even tho I agree with some of their points

One thing is to say "I don't like this thing, can we get this thing to fix it" and anpother is to say "This thing sucks, flocks of seagulls, they're ruining my experience, fashion frame disasters"

See my point?

• Like 1

Honestly this would be very nice. Although i must admit that this is very arbitrary.

Which cosmetics? Just wings and ephemeras? What about armor pieces? What about deluxe skins? Tennogen?
"Hide event related cosmetics" is the simpliest way to do this, but if wings are here to stay permanently then... A whole settings options for just ONE cosmetic? Hmm...

I would like an option like that, but this is one of those things where trying to create a reasonable and fair categorization of things is just so much pain in the ass.

Alternatively we could just turn every other player into a default tenno, but i don't know... Seems like an overkill.

Or we could take extra steps and have multiple sub-options like separate "turn off events" / "turn off ephemeras" / "turn off tennogen" yadi yada, for full customisation of experience that is "others' players fashion tastes".

Edited by Artekkor
  • Like 3
29 minutes ago, DropleTom said:

See my point?

I held myself back when I said "I don't like it"....  It would be a disaster otherwise.

Wording doesn't matter.   Ignore the box.   Get the contents.

3 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Which cosmetics? Just wings and ephemeras?

Bats and Wings are very "in da face" and give strong "event only" vibes. So I think only these 2 deserve the "disable".   If bunny ears and pumpkin heads become permanent, those too should be added to the option.

Armor is pretty subtle, Lich ephemeras too....  Syandanas are mostly OK...there are weird ones, but they are very rare to behold.

I think DE should add "Event cosmetics" category (moustaches, wings, hats, eggs, bunny ears, all that).  And then add an option to hide it. 

12 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

And then add an option to hide it. 

Why tho? I mean- isn't fashion frame suppose to be to also show off how cool/funny your warframes can be? if you can just add options to hide fashion then what even is the point of having those cosmetics in the first place? I mean, I see how adding that option could help but if we're gonna hide stuff like that why not just have everyone be the default colors with no armor to eachother exept themselves? If I know a ton of people won't be able to see the cool event cosmetics I got then what even is the point?

kind of like dressing up irl, imagine getting some super nice clothes to them have half of the population see it as some generic clothes

again, I'm not completly against adding an option to hide ephemeras but then why have ephemeras in the game in the first place? it kind of takes away from the expressiveness fashion frames can have, like making a really creepy halloween themed nekros with the bats or the cobwed ephemera or making a really pretty angel themed warframe using the wings

12 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

.Wording doesn't matter.   Ignore the box.   Get the contents.

Yeah sure -_- how about I go up to DE and call them the N word, that'll totally get them to listen to me

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

And yet, if wording doesn't matter then I guess you're an hypocrite bcs this comment literally says I was being disrespectful

I legit don't have time for this, Ima just be the bigger person and walk away after this comment, bye

Edited by DropleTom
Typo
55 minutes ago, DropleTom said:

I guess you're an hypocrite bcs this comment literally says I was being disrespectful

To me "respect" = consideration and care. In your 1st reply you made it pretty obvious that you don't really care if someone is bothered by certain cosmetics. That's why I asked to respect (consider). 

OP and I respect (consider) your preferences.  We didn't suggest to remove wings and ephemeras from the game because you like them....even though we hate them much.

Go now, self proclaimed bigger person. I hope that one day you will understand.

To those who might find my post -

3 hours ago, DropleTom said:

disrespectful and aggressive in their wording

I apologise. It was an outcry, I had to let it out. This is how I feel when I see fashionframe. I'm not asking to take away what you like and what you earned.

I just asked for an option in the settings that disables or hides visuals, what harm to your personal aesthetical taste, or cosmetic makeup do you see in this request? It would only affect me, if I choose to.

• Like 1

I kinda have enough of the argument "wing is for trash tier korean-mmo" to, maybe you don't like wings or don't want to break warframe style to be tainted ok i kinda understand, but just saying wing are trash, that is stupid they are really interresing to make beautiful design honestly even if this one is basic (but have nice touch of color because of the fact the tips are affected by the color energy.

Edited by Wind_Blade
  • Like 1
il y a 4 minutes, Mokkun108 a dit :

To those who might find my post -

I apologise. It was an outcry, I had to let it out. This is how I feel when I see fashionframe. I'm not asking to take away what you like and what you earned.

I just asked for an option in the settings that disables or hides visuals, what harm to your personal aesthetical taste, or cosmetic makeup do you see in this request? It would only affect me, if I choose to.

I'm kinda not sure about that, how do you define what is not fit the "warframe design", since pretty much 1/3 of the game don't fit the warframe design anymore, except if you speak about the power fantasy design they use theses days, but that not even the original one (which was dark).

And even there you have different opinion of what people think is not in design, asking a button for hiding all ephera ok, but a button for hidden things that do not relate to warframe design is ... well impossible to implement since it's will diverse according to which people you ask to implement it.

• Like 1
Just now, Wind_Blade said:

the original one (which was dark).

In a perfect world this is what I desire, yes, akin to those 2013 beta test videos, dark and gritty.

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

a button for hiding all ephera

This would suffice.

à l’instant, Mokkun108 a dit :

In a perfect world this is what I desire, yes, akin to those 2013 beta test videos, dark and gritty.

In case it's not anymore, the old style is not used by the official art style anymore and the majority of the playerbase prefer the new fantasy tech style that we have since there was not a lot of player back then.

Now the question is, if the majority of the playerbase and the oficcial art team prefer the new style that is here since some years than the first one, do it's become the true one ?

8 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

In case it's not anymore, the old style is not used by the official art style anymore and the majority of the playerbase prefer the new fantasy tech style that we have since there was not a lot of player back then.

Is it true then, that people who prefer dark fantasy have no place in this game anymore? I enjoyed Chains of Harrow's artstyle and atmosphere and consider this quest as a parting gift from the old days.

Il y a 2 heures, Mokkun108 a dit :

Is it true then, that people who prefer dark fantasy have no place in this game anymore? I enjoyed Chains of Harrow's artstyle and atmosphere and consider this quest as a parting gift from the old days.

Not that it's people that prefer old don't have place in the game, but for deciding of where the style go it's not going to get as much weight as the majority.

Funny thing is that harrow quest is dark, but dark fantasy in style, not dark sci-fi like in the old days.