Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack update, but what will happen to your own railjack?

RazerXPrime

So in the last dev stream (I think it was the last one) they mentioned that you would be able to launch railjack missions from Relays and hop onto a generic Railjack. Then it was mentioned that people that invested time and resources into creating their own Railjack would be compensated somehow. This has me thinking that they're going to do away with all personal railjacks. Is this true? I would hate that.

19 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

So in the last dev stream (I think it was the last one) they mentioned that you would be able to launch railjack missions from Relays and hop onto a generic Railjack. Then it was mentioned that people that invested time and resources into creating their own Railjack would be compensated somehow. This has me thinking that they're going to do away with all personal railjacks. Is this true? I would hate that.

I am curious about this (I wasn’t aware). Can you give a time stamp for it? That might also have the information you are wanting.

I could imagine a generic/placeholder one being used until you had a Dry-dock or something. But I doubt DE would take away our RJ’s. Perhaps there could be compensation for the redundant Dry-dock if we are going to be able modify RJs in relays.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Stamp: 54:46 is what is confusing me.

I believe what they're talking about is that players can get access to a Drydock from the second relay, so they can build their 'jack or get recruited onto an existing one from there. Most likely, they will be unable to host until they complete rising tide, although they'll probably be able to progress it from there. The phrase 'if you have a drydock, we'll take care of you' probably means that they're not getting rid of clan drydocks, just adding relay ones too.

37 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

This has me thinking that they're going to do away with all personal railjacks. Is this true?

They said we'd be able to dock/access our own RJ in Relays in addition to our own dry dock. Meaning that, for example, if you leave your clan, you can still access a public dry dock in a relay.

And unless DE sucks at explaining things properly, it sounds like players who built their own dry dock would get compensated for it somehow. But they're not removing them.

Hell, removing the ship we spent days, weeks even months building? How drunk do you need to be to think any decent developer would pull a stunt like this? This is DE we're talking about, not CDPR.

Just now, krc473 said:

It does specifically state “your Railjack”. So, possibly compensation for those who have already built their own Dry-dock. Nothing is mentioned about a generic RJ.

It says you can hop on a railjack if you have no clan. Meaning you have no railjack.

Hello. 

Is it possible you are mixing up personal Railjack's with Railjack accessibility? I believe what they intended to convey (or at least my interpretation) was that clans that poured resources into creating Railjack research/clan Dry Dock won't have to feel annoyed, by the fact that Dry Docks can be more easily accessed publicly now, via Relays (which is a change to better help accessibility to Rialjack's for those without Clans etc etc 

So personal Railjack's won't be done away with. (Or again, thats what my take away was).

Hope that helps! 

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

It says you can hop on a railjack if you have no clan. Meaning you have no railjack.

Meaning you can still access your own RJ after you leave a clan for any reason, because otherwise you'd get locked out. Possibly also meaning you'll be able to construct your RJ in a relay, removing the need for a dry dock, which would explain why DE plans to compensate people for it.

Think for a moment will ya'.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello. 

Is it possible you are mixing up personal Railjack's with Railjack accessibility? I believe what they intended to convey (or at least my interpretation) was that clans that poured resources into creating Railjack research/clan Dry Dock won't have to feel annoyed, by the fact that Dry Docks can be more easily accessed publicly now, via Relays (which is a change to better help accessibility to Rialjack's for those without Clans etc etc 

So personal Railjack's won't be done away with. (Or again, thats what my take away was).

Hope that helps! 

No I am thinking it is just accessibility, but then why would they say they will take care of people that already built a drydock. They don't say anything about the railjack. I'm kinda just linking those together, but perhaps they are then doing away with Clan Drydocks?

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Meaning you can still access your own RJ after you leave a clan for any reason, because otherwise you'd get locked out. Possibly also meaning you'll be able to construct your RJ in a relay, removing the need for a dry dock, which would explain why DE plans to compensate people for it.

Think for a moment will ya'.

Well yes that could be it. But they're not being clear is all. They could have said you can access your "own" railjack that you built yourself from this place. They're being ambiguous. Logically speaking I would expect to be able to use my own railjack like others have said here. It would be weird if DE removed it. The reason I posted the topic is because the dev stream is unclear and I'm looking for answers. 

10 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

They said we'd be able to dock/access our own RJ in Relays in addition to our own dry dock. Meaning that, for example, if you leave your clan, you can still access a public dry dock in a relay.

And unless DE sucks at explaining things properly, it sounds like players who built their own dry dock would get compensated for it somehow. But they're not removing them.

Hell, removing the ship we spent days, weeks even months building? How drunk do you need to be to think any decent developer would pull a stunt like this? This is DE we're talking about, not CDPR.

Oh you mean like deleting content people put time into or nerfing weapons that people spend plat, forma, reactors on?

Or nerfing mods people spend 300 plat on for a build.

Yeah the developers are definitely totally above that

🙃

5 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

No I am thinking it is just accessibility, but then why would they say they will take care of people that already built a drydock. They don't say anything about the railjack. I'm kinda just linking those together, but perhaps they are then doing away with Clan Drydocks?

Since building a Dry Dock (for a Clan) takes a fair bit of resources and time I believe. Now they are giving that accessibility freely. For a good reason mind you, to better help people in general get into Railjack, but its about acknowledging the grind many people undertake in the past, and to reassure them their hard work isn't being overlooked. 

By the same token, they also talk about how some Intrinsics that they generally consider should be implemented by default, will be adjusted to be as such, but for those who did grind for Intrinsics, they'll do something for us as well (I can't remember the exact wording used, but I'd assume we might get something like say... a bunch of points in Intrinsics to spend etc) sort of like how people who finished Planets in Steel Path before they increased the amount you got, were compensated after the fact. 

I am 90 percent sure they are not doing away with Clan Dry Docks. Just thinking of ways to for some sort of small compensation those that put hard work/resources into theirs. 

2 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Oh you mean like deleting content people put time into or nerfing weapons that people spend plat, forma, reactors on?

Or nerfing mods people spend 300 plat on for a build.

Yeah the developers are definitely totally above that

🙃

Nobody told you to spend 300+ plat on a build.

Nobody told you to buy that riven for 500 bucks knowing full well that DE has the right to nerf the riven disposition of an overpowered gun at any time.

Nobody told you to do anything.

Yeah, people are definitely totally above having such common sense.

🙃

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Nobody told you to spend 300+ plat on a build.

Nobody told you to buy that riven for 500 bucks knowing full well that DE has the right to nerf the riven disposition of an overpowered gun at any time.

Nobody told you to do anything.

Yeah, people are definitely totally above having such common sense.

🙃

That sounds hilarious, because everything you just typed has zero do with your own point.

You said developers wouldn't do things like that, well, they have.

So common sense, well let's start with your short term memory loss.

Then if you should ever cycle back around to your own point we will see if you have any sense

lol

2 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

That sounds hilarious, because everything you just typed has zero do with your own point.

You said developers wouldn't do things like that, well, they have.

So common sense, well let's start with your short term memory loss.

Then if you should ever cycle back around to your own point we will see if you have any sense

lol

Everything you said has nothing to do with my point, either.

I said DE wouldn't delete content people spent a lot of time and money on.

Nerf it, perhaps. But remove it? No. If nothing else, it hasn't happened in years.

So, are you willing to finally have a normal discussion like normal people, or do you wish to continue with your passive-aggressive attempts to trigger me?

Actually, don't answer that. I know when to stop. You clearly don't.

Good day.

Relays are going to have dry docks for those that don't want clans/ don't have one, basically giving access to all features of a dry dock including building your own railjack.

They're compensating clans that already built it cause... Well the dry dock+ Cy+ the researches were expensive and everyone will basically have access to those without needing to spend resources for them, I think clans do deserve compensation for that.

23 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Everything you said has nothing to do with my point, either.

I said DE wouldn't delete content people spent a lot of time and money on.

Nerf it, perhaps. But remove it? No. If nothing else, it hasn't happened in years.

So, are you willing to finally have a normal discussion like normal people, or do you wish to continue with your passive-aggressive attempts to trigger me?

Actually, don't answer that. I know when to stop. You clearly don't.

Good day.

I mean there is no polite way of calling you out on hogwash.

The developers are a business, they can and will do all and anything they want to make money, that's the one thing you can count on.

When you come out and try to say "they are better than that" there is no kind way of saying you are factually, objectively, certifiably wrong.

Saying corporations don't care about people is like saying water is wet.

It's not up for debate so when and if you feel embarrassed I mean it's on you to educate yourself on reality if you want to enter into a debate.

From where I am sitting you open up calling the other guy a drunk, then you say there is something wrong with my common sense and top it off by accusing me of trolling.

And I am the aggressor?

Walking into a debate is not about listening to yourself talk and fabricate your own reality.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I was more or less just referring to your suggestion that DE would take our pre-existing RJ away. People who don’t already own one is a different story. It is of course possible that DE would change it so that owning a Dry-dock isn’t a prerequisite for the quest. So that you can build your own one using the relay room.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Well yes that could be it. But they're not being clear is all. They could have said you can access your "own" railjack that you built yourself from this place

Ah, they did specifically state that we would be able to access our RJ from the relay. I don’t think there was any ambiguity in it (see about 55:40 - 55:50). DE would have been very clear in stating that our RJs were going to be removed - they must know by now how removing something like that without advanced warning would go.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Surbusken:

I mean there is no polite way of calling you out on hogwash.

The developers are a business, they can and will do all and anything they want to make money, that's the one thing you can count on.

When you come out and try to say "they are better than that" there is no kind way of saying you are factually, objectively, certifiably wrong.

No one said "they are better than that". He said "they wouldn't do it", and they won't do it, precisely because they are a business. Anyone who has a lick of common sense and isn't all butt-hurt because his favored toy got nerfed can easily tell that it would be bad business, so get off your high horse and stop acting like the other people are the irrational ones who can't think beyond their video game world.

it's just for people not in a clan - and therefore without a Dojo and/or it's Drydock - so that they can own their own railjack, without being forced to clan up if they don't want to. that's it. you'll still have to build your personal Railjack, that's like half the idea behind the mode.

our railjacks will remain as they are.

Archived