Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low internet players destroy the game experiense.

johnolesen77

Im so tired of ending up in partys with 1 player destroy the game because of internet problems. Doing missions with lag, and sometimes so much that your skills dosnt even work. It destroys the fun of playing, and lately it happens almost every second time you are in party. It makes the hole game experiense really bad. 

Its ok players with bad internet play the game. But they shouldnt be able to enter any party. Think you should require a minimum of 10 mb connection to play or even 20 mb. And players should send some confirmation before being able to join party. I really enjoy the game but lately much more less because of players with bad internet destroys the fun when they turn the game into crap for others, im so tired of it tbh. I myself have 300 / 300 mb, And when I know how good my net is, its really frustraiting not being able to play because 1 player drag the game down to worthless. 

You could also make a matchmaking system where you could sort of the low connection. Maybe in options we can choose the minimum connection when making a party with. Maybe a option with below 10 mb, and 1 that goes between 10 mb to 50 mb, and last 1 should be 50 mb +.

I dont know what can be done, but something must be done about this issue since you run into this 50% of your playtime, its really that bad. 

I also think its because we play with players from all over the world. May make servers where players cant be that far from each other. Split the game up in regions or something.

John

Just now, johnolesen77 said:

I can try that ty. I had some help with another issue from developement, and they asked me to reset game options. Now when i see this i begin thinking it can be a part of it, havent been looking at this after reset. ty

Ping is right below it, change that and it should help as well.

the quality of an Internet connection between two points isn't about Bandwidth, it's about reliability/consistency of Packets and physical distance.
perhaps you're just far away from those Hosts.

infact, if you're having almost every Host you join perform poorly, that does start to suggest that your own Internet connection might have issues.

the game literally already is split into several Regions.

while i would like for Host election to spend some extra time to be sure of picking an appropriate Host rather than a poor one, that also only applies to Host Migrations.
and ofcourse users with known low quality connections being able to opt themselves away from Hosting more easily would be neat, but it's not like that's a majority of Sessions or anything. just an aid for certain ones that would perform poorly.

50 minutes ago, johnolesen77 said:

yes I am. First of all i have 300/300 fiber internet wich is great and very fast. And when in a party, the player often say sorry because they know its them making it lag. Sometimes they leave and the game runs smooth, thats why I know it isnt me also.

Just want to point out, raw data rate isn't everything for a multiplayer game.  In fact, above about 1-5mbps it's largely irrelevant.  The far more important factor is latency or ping.  It doesn't matter for a game if you can upload 1gbps if it takes 3 seconds for a response.

1 hour ago, johnolesen77 said:

Sorry was a bit frustraited after been in 3 party after eachother witht he issue apologize. I also later wrote some solution options instead. I shouldnt have said the first. Ill edit it.

Just like you want people to have better internet, we also want people to actually read the game settings to avoid questions like this. 

People love to not read, at all, then ask the most basic of questions. So maybe take the time to go to the settings and read all the stuff that's there. 

i'm on wifi and always join other parties with ping limit set to 300, maybe it's just me but i find it perfectly playable and almost never end up being the host. if the host ends up dropping for whatever reason and the game makes me host i just apologize and let them know i'll be leaving as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, johnolesen77 said:

yes I am. First of all i have 300/300 fiber internet wich is great and very fast. And when in a party, the player often say sorry because they know its them making it lag. Sometimes they leave and the game runs smooth, thats why I know it isnt me also.

OK

since you're so hardcore why aren't you running a NetDuma Gaming Router and manipulating the connection to Force Host and lockout anyone with a ping too high for you?

The answer is already there for people who want high performance gaming...

As others have highlighted , it's not just about your core speed , it's about latency. 

A lot of things can add latency to the game, including your PC specs and your local connection to your router.

Having mediocre wifi routers can add as much as 50ms ,

running another application that is streaming using tcp can tank it down by almost a whole second.

Having a cpu bottleneck can add more if you are host.

So let's avoid claiming others have issues only cause of bad internet , there are multiple parameters at play.

It is always a crapshoot when you join a public match.

With that being said , I really would like DE to actually have a better matchmaking algorithm , I too face issues with bad lag and suboptimal hosts ocassionally , and ping limit isn't going to fix bad PC specs.

On my previous computer, when I was host it usually caused issues. Especially in open world. Now I have a faster computer, but the same internet and those issues are over. It's not just your network.

That said, the cases where I join a terrible host are few and far between.

12 hours ago, johnolesen77 said:

Im so tired of ending up in partys with 1 player destroy the game because of internet problems. Doing missions with lag, and sometimes so much that your skills dosnt even work. It destroys the fun of playing, and lately it happens almost every second time you are in party. It makes the hole game experiense really bad. 

Its ok players with bad internet play the game. But they shouldnt be able to enter any party. Think you should require a minimum of 10 mb connection to play or even 20 mb. And players should send some confirmation before being able to join party. I really enjoy the game but lately much more less because of players with bad internet destroys the fun when they turn the game into crap for others, im so tired of it tbh. I myself have 300 / 300 mb, And when I know how good my net is, its really frustraiting not being able to play because 1 player drag the game down to worthless. 

You could also make a matchmaking system where you could sort of the low connection. Maybe in options we can choose the minimum connection when making a party with. Maybe a option with below 10 mb, and 1 that goes between 10 mb to 50 mb, and last 1 should be 50 mb +.

I dont know what can be done, but something must be done about this issue since you run into this 50% of your playtime, its really that bad. 

I also think its because we play with players from all over the world. May make servers where players cant be that far from each other. Split the game up in regions or something.

John

You can set your own ping limit.

Archived