Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you do when someone messes up a spy mission in a public game? What do you do if you screw up?

Tesseract7777

Obviously this question doesn't really apply if you just play solo or with friends and pre-made groups. 

But, this is something I have been thinking about lately. How do most players actually react when another player causes a spy mission to fail, and what is your reaction when you screw up? 

When someone screws up do you:

A) Berate them

B) Mock them

C) Offer to try the mission again, suggesting that everyone screws up sometimes

D) Simply disconnect without saying anything and look for a different group

E) Other (Explain) 

And if you screw up do you: 

A) Apologize and explain what happen, then disconnect

B) Just Straight disconnect without saying anything 

C) Say nothing and see if the group just wants to try again with you anyways

D) Apologize, explain yourself, and ask to try again

E) Other (Explain) 

I will admit, that for me, I am usually guilty of just straight disconnecting, whether it is someone else screwing up, or a very rare situation where I do. If it's me I want to avoid the embarrassment of dealing with those people further and just dc, sometimes I squeak out an apology first for my mishap so they know I am not trolling. If someone else screws up, I usually also just dc. I feel I would be a better person if I apologized and offered to try again with groups, and if someone else screwed up, told them it's okay and offered to try again, but that's not how I usually end up reacting, I'll be perfectly honest. 

What about all of you? How do you react and why? Or do you just never bother with spy in public games for this very reason? 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Obviously this question doesn't really apply if you just play solo or with friends and pre-made groups. 

I dont play with friends and i dont make pre made squads and everything below will apply to sortie spy missions

If i fail i say why and i tell evry1 to stay in squad and offer to do all consoles
If someone fails i pretty much do the same
I tell them dont leave lets repeat just dont touch consoles

In 1st case i just want to say im not uber console hacker i just dont fail often +/- once per half year because of lag or something
I run spy missions with wukong and that let me learn how to be more careful efficient and fast (cloud walker)

I believe ppl should learn to spy without stealth frames and that would make them fail less

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Don't join public games if you get butt-hurt when the mission doesn't go smoothly. Disconnecting because you or someone else messes up the Spy mission is pretty childish IMO. Unless you're grinding very specific gear what exactly is the issue?

Well I'm literally talking about spy missions where the mission has now failed, that should be pretty obvious from the thread. 

The question is really whether you want to keep playing with the same group. Some people always do public because three people going for vaults at once is faster than solo if everyone does it right. 

And if you are just jumping into a PUG it's no slower to start a new mission than try again with the same group. 

So for those who PUG, do you find a way to try again with the same group, or especially if it wasn't you who screwed up, do you trust the Tenno to have only made a mistake and try again, or do you feel that group may not be the best to continue with? 

If you are someone who never jumps into public missions, you may be surprised how common it is for people to be straight nasty when someone makes a mistake in a public spy mission. 

4 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

people who knows how to do spy do it in solo

I can do it solo just fine, but if everyone doesn't screw up (which in my experience is like 95% of the time in public games) then it just goes faster. 

Many of us who know how to do it solo and know all the vaults by heart still like to save time and I can jump into a public mission way faster than finding a premade group. 

I have probably been in a failed sortie spy mission at most once out of the last 20-30 times. 

I do them solo but sometimes go with randoms just to see how it goes.

If someone triggers the alarm I use Ordis to stop the time, and if they fail even with time stop then I don't say anything I just wait to see if they want to try again, if it fails again then I leave without saying anything.

It's impossible for me to screw up, I've done them so much that I know the shortcuts and tricks, I just really like spy missions.

1 минуту назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

I can do it solo just fine, but if everyone doesn't screw up (which in my experience is like 95% of the time in public games) then it just goes faster. 

Many of us who know how to do it solo and know all the vaults by heart still like to save time and I can jump into a public mission way faster than finding a premade group. 

I have probably been in a failed sortie spy mission at most once out of the last 20-30 times. 

i don't think 3 random people with random warframes will finish it faster then me solo flying on wukong

Just now, Merrcenary said:

i don't think 3 random people with random warframes will finish it faster then me solo flying on wukong

Wukong is certainly an effective way to do spy quickly, but I doubt you could manage to do all three vaults before another experienced player(s) could even manage one. That seems a tad far fetched. Especially since there is a good chance a lot of them are bringing Wukong too. He is quite popular in useage stats for a reason. 

If someone else is the cause that we failed sortie spy, i will ask politely if everyone wants to restart and i will speedrun it (assuming the connection between me and the host is alright).
If i am the cause that we failed the spy sortie, then i will apologize and if they want to restart i will tag along to fix my mess up (if i can because my connection is crap as a host, so imagine how it is if i join even an average host, those doors are roughless when they don't open and suddenly u got a trash mob appear in front of u out of nowhere). 

And thats why i mostly solo, the cons of having a really crap connection but want to "enjoy" some multiplayer. 
^I mean imagine i am getting network error mark during missions while soloing. :D

Really depends on my mood I guess. Majority of the time when it comes to sortie spy I admittedly run solo but I occasionally do pugs as well. I've never gone into chat to moan or berate someone for failing and likewise never done so to explain why I may have screwed up. Sometimes I'll just insta-leave squad after and go solo and sometimes I'll just hang around and see if the squad wants to try again. Like I said, really just depends on my mood when it happens and to a lesser extent if I'm personally under a time crunch at that moment. 

I admit I usually do the spies solo because I don't want to deal with these situations, but even when friends are in my group it happens, and in that case I use Ordis to give us more time to hack the mission. 

I use Ivara with her augment and subsumed perspicacity so unless I'm really not paying attention I don't screw up the spies regardless.

If I do go with randoms and they mess up I leave the group and go back to trying it solo. I don't think that's "childish" as one of the other posters said. I owe nothing to random groups, if they can't do the spies or think rhino is a good frame for spy missions, there's nothing wrong with leaving. 

Drop a Liset Air Support to freeze alarms

Wukong Cloud Walk into the noob's vault and save the mission

Haven't had a full on fail in months

And as far as disconnecting goes? all I know is that with the New Shiny Laggy Mission Results Screen, its pretty normal to arrive in orbiter after each mission Alone. Are all the other guys disconnecting while I'm loading? is it glitched? who knows? All I can say is, ever since that Screen got updated Squad Coherence has gone down.

I very very rarely played spy mission in public (mostly because I just enjoy spy missions so i wanted all vaults for myself) but I do have one funny story from a spy mission that included someone messing up their vault. I was just about to be done with my vault, saw the alarm go off in another one and deployed the liset charge to stall the timer. When the person at that vault still didnt manage to finish their vault I speeded over there with my wukong and with less than a second remaining managed to retreive the data from that vault aswell.

Generally though the only time I get annoyed at other people in spy vaults is when I am already doing the vault and someone else comes in and triggers the alarm. If someone fails a vault and it's not a sortie mission it doesnt matter anyway so whatever and if it is a sortie mission then well I'll probably leave the group and go again (very likely solo). No need to get toxic or upset about it.

I just disconnect if someone screw it up, if I screw up (wich is honestly rare) I apologize and then run the same failed mission on solo until I can do it correctly.

The last time I screwed it up was in the new Jupiter spy when it was launched and in Lua long ago. Every other spy is just too easy for me but I enjoy doing them regardless.

I never got mad, when I was new I joined public hoping to get carried, but now I do them no problem. I have no problem carrying people, because it's the rewards that the new players need. I really banked on getting those Anasas for endo and the 4k endo to rank up my mods.

Fun fact: for the Lua rescue, you actually have to hack a console, and listen for the voice of the NPC. He says "I'm in here!" And you go into the portal where he'll be then you can walk out. 

I play the game with music on a lot, so I used to just try to hack all the consoles and couldn't figure out why I failed lol.

Solo because it's easier to do it alone than rely on randoms. Especially for sorties. If I mess up then only I'm to blame and I restart.

IF I ever did a regular spy mission, I wouldn't care if someone failed 1 vault. The mission continues regardless.

Edit: I'm not the fastest by any means but even at 2m 19s for the spy mission in sorties today that I just completed. I would never expect a public group to do this. Capture missions usually take longer than this with random people in a group.

lODMYHS.jpg

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I never got mad, when I was new I joined public hoping to get carried, but now I do them no problem. I have no problem carrying people, because it's the rewards that the new players need. I really banked on getting those Anasas for endo and the 4k endo to rank up my mods.

Fun fact: for the Lua rescue, you actually have to hack a console, and listen for the voice of the NPC. He says "I'm in here!" And you go into the portal where he'll be then you can walk out. 

I play the game with music on a lot, so I used to just try to hack all the consoles and couldn't figure out why I failed lol.

I play with sound off much of the time while watching TV in the background so I still didn't know this until just now. 

I don't fail the Lua Rescue, I just got to where I got good at hacking really fast lol, although now Perspicacity has made even that pretty irrelevant. 

Well that is good to know haha. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I play with sound off much of the time while watching TV in the background so I still didn't know this until just now. 

I don't fail the Lua Rescue, I just got to where I got good at hacking really fast lol, although now Perspicacity has made even that pretty irrelevant. 

Well that is good to know haha. 

Yea so now, you really only need sound for disruption, and probably not even then because you can probably just sit by the conduit and just kill them when they show up.

I personally just turn off music for disruption then continue after the mission.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

But, this is something I have been thinking about lately. How do most players actually react when another player causes a spy mission to fail, and what is your reaction when you screw up? 

When someone screws up do you:

A) Berate them

B) Mock them

C) Offer to try the mission again, suggesting that everyone screws up sometimes

D) Simply disconnect without saying anything and look for a different group

E) Other (Explain) 

And if you screw up do you: 

A) Apologize and explain what happen, then disconnect

B) Just Straight disconnect without saying anything 

C) Say nothing and see if the group just wants to try again with you anyways

D) Apologize, explain yourself, and ask to try again

E) Other (Explain) 

I will admit, that for me, I am usually guilty of just straight disconnecting, whether it is someone else screwing up, or a very rare situation where I do. If it's me I want to avoid the embarrassment of dealing with those people further and just dc, sometimes I squeak out an apology first for my mishap so they know I am not trolling. If someone else screws up, I usually also just dc. I feel I would be a better person if I apologized and offered to try again with groups, and if someone else screwed up, told them it's okay and offered to try again, but that's not how I usually end up reacting, I'll be perfectly honest. 

What about all of you? How do you react and why? Or do you just never bother with spy in public games for this very reason? 

Imagine playing public games in warframe.

Archived