Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE dangerous bet of no real content until big update

Tsoe

34 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

you too learn to read and dont be founder racist that's ridiculous

So, be different... ?

34 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i am asking for gameplay polish not content

"they better dont fail cause no content or gameplay fix for so long is a risky moove"

...?

@Topic: 

I still think that the problem isn't with the content itself, i mean, we got plenty things to do if compared to years ago, and if you try to play with friends (even just to help them) i'm pretty sure that will be fun again.

You can try to make new friends also.

25 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i saw a tread about warframe loosing a lot of players but well the source were talking about warframe not being in the top 10 anymore or something so its not the best source

As i mentioned, people come, people go.
Same charts which i bet was the steam ones show it that warframe never had a steady playerbase.
Correct me if i am wrong, but does steam take into account playerbase that use Standalone and Epic store launchers or its only Steam users? If it takes only steam data, then that data can be considered flawed, but i can be also mistaken so all we can do is wait and see how it plays out. But considering its a PvE game and still holds its popularity against the pvp games that are massively popular is still something. 

1 minute ago, Vortex said:

He asked for content and gameplay polish, seems the way he typed it got misunderstood. 

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

yeah indeed , but the way he was talking made me wonder about it  -_-

I don't just simply hate veterans for no reason.

There's just a trend in the community with old players or players with high mr. Where they would complain non stop about every possible thing.

And for a long time content drought was one of the most trendy, hip and cool topic they would talk about. (Well I wonder if this came back...)

Because apparently all the S#&$ we already have is not enough.

And they just circle always back to the same we need end game bullcrap. As somehow endgame is this magical thing that turns games into 10/10. And somehow everyone would enjoy them forever. 

Or they would pull out the good old De should focus on old content argument. Because old warframe was so much better and there was so much content except that's not true. As events were just one mission that you did billions of times and the bulk of the updates were cosmetics, weapons, warframes. And De started to get complaints because there's no content as weapons and warframes are not content. And now we get the warframe should revert complaints. Because adding new things to the game is either not content or I dunno. Something nonsensical.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

There's just a trend in the community with old players or players with high mr. Where they would complain non stop about every possible thing.

And for a long time content drought was one of the most trendy, hip and cool topic they would talk about. (Well I wonder if this came back...)

Because apparently all the S#&$ we already have is not enough.

And they just circle always back to the same we need end game bullcrap. As somehow endgame is this magical thing that turns games into 10/10. And somehow everyone would enjoy them forever. 

Or they would pull out the good old De should focus on old content argument. Because old warframe was so much better and there was so much content except that's not true. As events were just one mission that you did billions of times and the bulk of the updates were cosmetics, weapons, warframes. And De started to get complaints because there's no content as weapons and warframes are not content. And now we get the warframe should revert complaints. Because adding new things to the game is either not content or I dunno. Something nonsensical.

well

i see your point and i can understand no issue

but forget about me being veteran

i just want them to finish wut they started last year

they said they will review all frames litle by litle + polish melee system with rage mode+ rework augments/useless mods + rework status

that's all i want , i dont want all of this being forgoten in a load of new content in the next big update

anyway

I DONT WANT TO FIGHT WITH FELLOW TENNO

maybe i didnt explained my topic well enough

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JackHargreav:

User since 2013. MR22. Over 4000 hours played. Hates veterans.

Sure.

48 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Source? Last time I checked steamchartss player count was at the low end

Of course someone's gonna bring up steam charts.

Right, so, 2 things:

1 - There is always a drop in players between large updates

2 - Steam isn't the only platform. There's also Xbox, Playstation, Switch, Epic and the standalone launcher, all of which are not part of the steam charts.

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

i just want them to finish wut they started last year

they said they will review all frames litle by litle + polish melee system with rage mode+ rework augments/useless mods + rework status

that's all i want , i dont want all of this being forgoten in a load of new content in the next big update

Different teams do different things. Rage mode and so on doesnt interfear with new content being released. IMO adding new content is more important than adding things to our arsenal of instant killing anyway. We can sit there without rage mode and several useless mods and no status rework facerolling everything still. I'd much rather see a proper rebalance of the game and not just more things that makes me kill things even faster (if that is even possible).

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Different teams do different things. Rage mode and so on doesnt interfear with new content being released. IMO adding new content is more important than adding things to our arsenal of instant killing anyway. We can sit there without rage mode and several useless mods and no status rework facerolling everything still. I'd much rather see a proper rebalance of the game and not just more things that makes me kill things even faster (if that is even possible).

oh its not about killing more , but more about fun and diversity

i really hope status changes will bring new gameplay (new fun effect) and not only damages boost

i hope skill rework will bring active gameplay and not just numbers

i want mod fix for diversity of gameplay same

i want new stances and rage mod for the same reasons , not just pure damage , as you said we are strong enough

vor 1 Minute schrieb _Tormex_:

There's a standalone launcher? Also, I almost exclusively use Epic now.

Always has been. It's the exact same launcher that's on Steam or Epic. Download link is on the homepage on the top right.

Also, why would you use Epic when you could also not use Epic.

46 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

User since 2013. MR22. Over 4000 hours played. Hates veterans.

Sure.

If you're definition for veteran is players who played for a long time. No.

If you're talking about old wf players who call themselves veterans and think wf was only good in like 2013. And no life the game all day long just to burn themselves out and complain then there's a bit of a difference.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

old wf players who call themselves veterans

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Dude. You have just as many hours in the game.

There's some nuance in their response. They weren't referencing ALL players with a lot of experience, just the ones that periodically complain in an irrational fashion on the forum.

Gerade eben schrieb _Tormex_:

There's some nuance in his response.

Yeah. The nuance in the response is that you're trying to construct some narrow definition of "veteran" that your 8-years-old 4000-hours-in high-MR account somehow doesn't fall under so that you have an excuse to dismiss someone's opinion.

8 hours ago, trst said:

Define "real content". Orphix Venom only ended a few weeks ago, Nightwave Intermission started at the beginning on the month, Star Days just started, Chinese New Year alerts and items are going to drop on the 16th, Octavia Prime will arrive on the 23rd, and Corpus Railjack (plus Queenpin?) will arrive in "spring".

What "risk" are they taking here exactly?

Pfft. Didnt you get the memo? 

Content =/= content. 

Just now, Krankbert said:

Dude. You have just as many hours in the game.

I "play" it a lot. Or played it a lot. But I just play it casually.

I might have been around for long but in no way I would ever refer to myself a "veteran". That word has more negative meaning to it for me than positive.

Just now, _Tormex_ said:

Because I can. And I support not having monopolies. And i didn't realize the standalone launcher was a thing. And to mess with the Epic haters/Steam fanboys.

Epic is just bad though. The way they treat gamers is horrible. What they did with Fortnite is just shameful, ditching paying players just because their free BR version of the game attracted so many players. And this was just months after they released Save the World, and after they promised that the BR development would have no impact on StW since it was done "in the spare time" by a "different team". 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb JackHargreav:

I "play" it a lot. Or played it a lot. But I just play it casually.

I might have been around for long but in no way I would ever refer to myself a "veteran". That word has more negative meaning to it for me than positive.

I'm going to say it again: You two have about the same playtime. You call your 4000 hours playing it casually. You call his 4000 hours no-lifing it all day. You created your accounts at about the same time, played about the same amount, got about the same MR.

And of course you wouldn't ever call yourself a term you think of as negative. That doesn't mean that it doesn't apply, it just further illustrates what a hypocrite you are.

Archived