Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

DE dangerous bet of no real content until big update

On 2021-02-17 at 12:00 PM, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i mean in truth coming feb 25th im heading to outriders demo , its not like i wont come back to warframe or play it still. but i myself am looking forward to the game 

I'm a veteran WF players (approx. 6 years) & I'm very upset about the lack of new high-quality content (not a re-skin of existing content nor cosmetic in nature).  I'm very much looking forward to the free public demo for Outriders that is set to release on Feb. 25.  Outriders is a third-person sci-fi online co-op shooter that combines gunplay with special abilities that are on a short cooldown.  The campaign can be played solo, if desired.  If any of my fellow Tenno need a break from Warframe, I suggest that you simply download & try out this demo.  It will be available from Steam, Xbox Live & PlayStation Network. No pre-order required & it is expected to continue even after the full game releases on Feb. 25.  Also, any progress that you make in this demo will be carried over onto the full game.  Please check out these links for more info:

Demo FAQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/lmpyo3/everything_you_need_to_know_about_the_outriders/

Gameplay:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwMJ3GOGgHo

Official website:  https://outriders.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

• Like 1

if you ask me, the "no real content until big release" could be DE's autobiography, it has worked a lot in the past but since kuva lichs or even fortuna, they've been hitting farther and farther away from the mark, i think they need to stop making new stuff and start updating and refreshing the old stuff like syndicates, sorties, invaisions, etc

• Like 1

There's always something to do. You just might not like doing some of those things. For 'endgame' or 'hardcore' players, I guess do 6x3s, solo Profit Taker in 5 mins, Steel Path completion, or Railjack Anomalies?

Like a few others here, I'm gonna test Outriders, but after having browsed through videos of it during different stages in its development I can only say that I'm not overly hopeful about it. I'm just having some serious doubts about it since it all looks too spongy while still having high mob density, which to me isnt a good combination. Plus it seems to have absolutely no melee play, so only dakka dakka dakka, ratatatatata or pew pew pew going for it along with some abilities, that honestly seem pretty darn neat though.

Looking through the boss fights I wasnt too impressed at all. I mean, they really embodied the words "run of the mill" to me, and it doesnt get better by being pinned into gunplay only either. I just got the Inquisitor Martyr feel over it, but in a 3rd person way and with no melee. And gunplay in Martyr was just mindnumbingly boring after a short while.

edit: And being able to unlock so little in the demo opens up some red flags to me. I kinda dont trust devs that say late game will be alot different when they dont wanna show it. A simple "endgame" test area would have been great so we could get a feel of the game, how different it becomes between early levels and late game. A place that wouldnt spoil too much, but still let us actually test items and skills at later levels versus mobs balanced towards that. 

Edited by SneakyErvin
vor 33 Minuten schrieb Vanecce:

There's always something to do. You just might not like doing some of those things. For 'endgame' or 'hardcore' players, I guess do 6x3s, solo Profit Taker in 5 mins, Steel Path completion, or Railjack Anomalies?

of course there is always something. it's also hard to get everything. or even almost impossible. there are to many examples.
for example: lich ephemera. it takes forever. with so much randomness I just can't take it seriously.
mostly I'm just here to chill out in public games. I have almost everything including mr30. that although I am actually married causal.

warframe turned out to be a good game in my opinion. and updates come here regularly.
content simply cannot be produced that quickly. and when i take a break there is usually a lot to discover and collect.

you just can't do one thing all the time. everything becomes boring and variety is very good.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Like a few others here, I'm gonna test Outriders, but after having browsed through videos of it during different stages in its development I can only say that I'm not overly hopeful about it. I'm just having some serious doubts about it since it all looks too spongy while still having high mob density, which to me isnt a good combination. Plus it seems to have absolutely no melee play, so only dakka dakka dakka, ratatatatata or pew pew pew going for it along with some abilities, that honestly seem pretty darn neat though.

Looking through the boss fights I wasnt too impressed at all. I mean, they really embodied the words "run of the mill" to me, and it doesnt get better by being pinned into gunplay only either. I just got the Inquisitor Martyr feel over it, but in a 3rd person way and with no melee. And gunplay in Martyr was just mindnumbingly boring after a short while.

edit: And being able to unlock so little in the demo opens up some red flags to me. I kinda dont trust devs that say late game will be alot different when they dont wanna show it. A simple "endgame" test area would have been great so we could get a feel of the game, how different it becomes between early levels and late game. A place that wouldnt spoil too much, but still let us actually test items and skills at later levels versus mobs balanced towards that. 

Think Outriders will be the next in the list to kill Warframe?

I'm thinking ahead here.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm hopeful still, albeit I've not played a lot of games in the action side of its Genre (Warframe's... not that comparable in that respect) so I'm probably not tired of the tropes as it were.

I'm going to play the Demo and if I like what I see, I'll get the game. Ultimately, if nothing else, it's a different experience, and I'd be interested in it in that respect. And, plus, Monster Hunter Rise is coming out soon, I've got some spare cash squirreled away for that so for once it's not an either/or deal for me. And, of course, Call of the Tempestarii is a thing which we'll find more about on Friday, and I'm cautiously optimistic about that since I like Railjack.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm thinking ahead here.

I'm already 4 parallel universes ahead of you, one of the first comments I made about it was a "wow can't wait for all the 'This will kill Warframe' threads"

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm already 4 parallel universes ahead of you, one of the first comments I made about it was a "wow can't wait for all the 'This will kill Warframe' threads"

tenor.gif?itemid=5484184

On 2021-02-15 at 3:22 AM, o0Despair0o said:

So we're just gonna ignore the steady increase in players?

Most of which are going to disappear after Covid passes since it's mostly likely a result of people being strapped for cash and having nothing else to do with their time.

It's a real wasted opportunity. So many fish in the pond and nobody brought a rod. I mean, developing during covid is a challenge, but that fact doesn't make this situation any better. All these new and returning players and what they're going to remember is bugs, nerfs and content drought, with much of what content *has* been delivered lately having major problems.

Should have extended the mech event, added more stuff to do with the mechs during the event, fixed Bonewidow, etc. That was actually pretty fun while it lasted. Would have been even more fun if the grind wasn't so isolated.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Vanecce:

Level 3 Earth missions, low tier Plains bounties, AFK-ing in a relay - the list is endless.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, GkarB5 said:

I'm a veteran WF players (approx. 6 years) & I'm very upset about the lack of new high-quality content (not a re-skin of existing content nor cosmetic in nature).  I'm very much looking forward to the free public demo for Outriders that is set to release on Feb. 25.  Outriders is a third-person sci-fi online co-op shooter that combines gunplay with special abilities that are on a short cooldown.  The campaign can be played solo, if desired.  If any of my fellow Tenno need a break from Warframe, I suggest that you simply download & try out this demo.  It will be available from Steam, Xbox Live & PlayStation Network. No pre-order required & it is expected to continue even after the full game releases on Feb. 25.  Also, any progress that you make in this demo will be carried over onto the full game.  Please check out these links for more info:

Demo FAQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/lmpyo3/everything_you_need_to_know_about_the_outriders/

Im fully jumping over to Outriders. .. Genshin impact has highlighted how little DE knows how to do live service in 2021..

and worst for DE is their about to drop the railjack update right when alot of their content creators will be cover Outriders instead   Tac , Iflinn , aushy tenno and so on..  

Why would a drop  $ 105 AU   on Prime Access    when I can buy  Outriders. ..  and surport a dev team the isn't 3 years behind her promised content releases. ..?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

of course there is always something. it's also hard to get everything. or even almost impossible. there are to many examples.
for example: lich ephemera. it takes forever. with so much randomness I just can't take it seriously.
mostly I'm just here to chill out in public games. I have almost everything including mr30. that although I am actually married causal.

warframe turned out to be a good game in my opinion. and updates come here regularly.
content simply cannot be produced that quickly. and when i take a break there is usually a lot to discover and collect.

you just can't do one thing all the time. everything becomes boring and variety is very good.

Well I didn't say they were fun things to do lol. Such as collecting all floofs and fish trophies. Anyways...yes, after awhile things do get boring and this is a very grindy game. It's great for casuals since there's really no 'catching up' needed. Everyone is farming something most of time. I do wish they would have kept the Orphix Event going a bit longer. Like a filler till the next seasonal event or update kind of thing. Overall, it's been a good game. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm thinking ahead here.

Someone somewhere will, or uhm... have already burped something like that from their mouth. I myself doubt it very much since they seem like night and day. 

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'm hopeful still, albeit I've not played a lot of games in the action side of its Genre (Warframe's... not that comparable in that respect) so I'm probably not tired of the tropes as it were.

I'm going to play the Demo and if I like what I see, I'll get the game. Ultimately, if nothing else, it's a different experience, and I'd be interested in it in that respect. And, plus, Monster Hunter Rise is coming out soon, I've got some spare cash squirreled away for that so for once it's not an either/or deal for me. And, of course, Call of the Tempestarii is a thing which we'll find more about on Friday, and I'm cautiously optimistic about that since I like Railjack.

Same boat here except for Monster Hunter. If Outriders is a bust I just wont pick it up, if it is good it'll be my side dish to WF when there is nothing to focus on in WF between releases. I also eagerly await tempestari since I like RJ and I hope queenpins arrive to in the same update.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Vanecce said:

Yes, you're correct in saying that there is always something to do - however, we must ask ourselves "is it worthwhile for me to spend my time doing this" or "am I really enjoying this".  Time is not in infinite supply.  Everything we put our time & effort into comes at the cost of not doing something else more enjoyable/worthwhile within that same period of time.  I guess if I had an infinite supply of time, I could try soloing Profit Taker in 5 minutes, etc but I personally don't feel that it's enjoyable or worthwhile.  This is just my personal opinion & I understand that other players have different opinions.

• Like 1

TBH, the recent posts in this thread sound like a support group trying to get each other to quit something together. 

I just watched the trailer for this Outriders game and just see someone trying to cash in on Ark+SuperPowers. Nothing like WF from my POV, other than being a co-op game.

But I am an old gamer...I read someone post 'back in the day' and was talking about last year and almost did a spit-take. I read about gamers think 3 months is an eternity, when a year passes in the blink of an eye for me. GaaS games have literally come out and died off before I get around to playing them.

IMO, WF has enough content to keep many players happy for a long time. I always advocate if it's not fun, then don't play it. Not everyone will like WF, that's just fact, be they new or long time players. Many players is enough, not every player can be please by every game.

Just because an expected migration happens, both in and out of the game, as players find new things, it's just business as usual, not a 'dangerous bet', just how DE operates, IMO.

IME, it's only a minority of players that just jump to each new game. I have known a couple, who always, always had to be playing the newest thing, with the most players and the hottest graphics...but IME, they are not the majority.

Now that so many players do listen to YT talking heads to tell them not just what, but how to play, I get that things have changed and that player-bases can move fast and with serious intent. Some game could come along to steal WF's lunch, It's possible, but I don't see anything to pull me away from WF and I have looked hard.

Just another players perspective, who has seen threads like this for years, on some games that are still going strong more than a decade later. WF has a pipeline of content, that stays ahead of the curve for anyone looking to play the game, not just rush to the end, IMO, that can be sustained for a while yet. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can confirm that Outriders does have at least a small bit of melee play - but not with melee weapons like Warframe does.  In Outriders, each of the 4 classes has their own class-specific melee which is usually involves an elemental power (ice, toxin/poison, fire/heat, etc).

If you want to see endgame play in Outriders, you'll have to be patient & wait for a few days after the Apr. 1 release of the full game.  I'm sure that there will be plenty of Twitch & YT content creators demonstrating endgame & recommending builds.  

Please remember that PCF & SE were not at all required to give us any kind of demo or beta (at all) before the full game releases.  We should count ourselves fortunate that we are getting a pre-release demo that doesn't expire after a set period of time (e.g: 10 hours).  This demo can be replayed as much as we want (with all 4 classes) & all progress will be carried over into the full game if purchased on the same platform as the demo.  However, I still recommend caution when making your decision to purchase the full game.  It's entirely possible that the full game may not meet your expectations when compared to the demo.

Another thing about Outriders is that we'll be able to customize our armor & weapons quite extensively & here's more info:  https://www.ign.com/articles/outriders-mods-modifications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59m9A1ScDw

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

TBH, the recent posts in this thread sound like a support group trying to get each other to quit something together. 

I just watched the trailer for this Outriders game and just see someone trying to cash in on Ark+SuperPowers. Nothing like WF from my POV, other than being a co-op game.

But I am an old gamer...I read someone post 'back in the day' and was talking about last year and almost did a spit-take. I read about gamers think 3 months is an eternity, when a year passes in the blink of an eye for me. GaaS games have literally come out and died off before I get around to playing them.

IMO, WF has enough content to keep many players happy for a long time. I always advocate if it's not fun, then don't play it. Not everyone will like WF, that's just fact, be they new or long time players. Many players is enough, not every player can be please by every game.

Just because an expected migration happens, both in and out of the game, as players find new things, it's just business as usual, not a 'dangerous bet', just how DE operates, IMO.

IME, it's only a minority of players that just jump to each new game. I have known a couple, who always, always had to be playing the newest thing, with the most players and the hottest graphics...but IME, they are not the majority.

Now that so many players do listen to YT talking heads to tell them not just what, but how to play, I get that things have changed and that player-bases can move fast and with serious intent. Some game could come along to steal WF's lunch, It's possible, but I don't see anything to pull me away from WF and I have looked hard.

Just another players perspective, who has seen threads like this for years, on some games that are still going strong more than a decade later. WF has a pipeline of content, that stays ahead of the curve for anyone looking to play the game, not just rush to the end, IMO, that can be sustained for a while yet. 

Even if I wind up enjoying Outriders - I'll still be coming back to Warframe if/when there's new content that interests me.  

I'm definitely an old gamer too & I find it very difficult to find games that interest me.  I truly enjoy the basic gameplay of Warframe & it's combination of PvE, sci-fi & martial arts is very engaging for me.  This is why it pains me to see this continued lack of content especially for veteran players.

It's entirely possible that I might not like Outriders - but this free demo is a perfect way for me to try it out & see if I like the basic gameplay.  My recommendation regarding Outriders is to not get over-hyped (and FOMO) & just calmly regard it as a possible alternative to Warframe while you're waiting for new content to be released.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

edit: And being able to unlock so little in the demo opens up some red flags to me.

At lest we get to play the demo.  Unlike the railjack demo , only to find out most the things shown are missing.  Why would they let you check out that much of the game for free. .  It's just to give you a feel of the game play. ..     

And you don't trust what these devs are showing you.  But you play warframe. . Stange world. ..

3 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

At lest we get to play the demo.  Unlike the railjack demo , only to find out most the things shown are missing.  Why would they let you check out that much of the game for free. .  It's just to give you a feel of the game play. ..     

And you don't trust what these devs are showing you.  But you play warframe. . Stange world. ..

I mean, trusting any dev these days is a recipe for heartbreak and disappointment. 

• Like 3
On 2021-02-23 at 12:48 AM, GkarB5 said:

Demo FAQ:

multiplayer cross platform for all platform

that's some major cool thing

• Like 1
15 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

I got what I knew I would get with RJ, since I knew that it wouldnt be finished, I also never had to pay a dime for it ever. With Outriders the problem isnt so much that I'll get let down by getting shown something amazing and then getting a turd, the problem is that I might get shown something not so very amazing i.e lowbie content. Which may turn into me not picking it up at all. You may also want to know that "demo" doesnt always mean playable demo, it may also simply mean a demonstration of something in captured photage or as a live presentation infront of an audience.

The red flag is more there for me since it is SqEnix publishing it and their latest releases have been polished turds in their demos or open betas. Just look at Marvels Avengers, the open beta was really good in the last iteration, it had smooth gameplay and all that, then they released the full game which wasnt limited to what the beta had to offer and it was a total chemical dumpsterfire. That is why I'd like a test of more endgame suited gameplay, so I have more to go on in regards to picking it up. If the lowbie content feels like what it looks like in the already released gameplay videos it will get a massive pass on my part, cos I will not purchase the game based on hope that endgame will be vastly different. The only thing the game has showed so far is a massive amount of bullet spongey gameplay that just looks slooooooow. And I'm not talking slow in comparison to WF, it looks/feels slow in comparison to Borderlands and so on. That would be all ok if it didnt seem to try to bring the density of WF or Diablo3/PoE to the table at the same time. Also looking at people fighting a not too mechanically competent boss for 20+ minutes straight while meeting the requirements fairly well does not scream fantastic or fun for me. It would be as if D3 had me flail away at Skeleton King or Butcher for 20 very uninspired minutes. Now I truely hope Outriders is better than it looks, but I'm very doubtful that we'll get something that isnt completely generic. There are just too many sign in the game of it being the case, like having ammo boxes and so on in the boss rooms, which just further adds to the feeling and worry of sponge design 101.

And if you think DE is remotely bad you havent spent time with many other devs/publishers. DE is one of the most honest and house trained companies out there atm. They havent lied to me about server locations that I pay to access, they havent taken my money and used it for another game, they dont call their game F2P and charge for every contentn addition etc.

• Like 1
On 2021-02-15 at 9:19 AM, trst said:

Define "real content". Orphix Venom only ended a few weeks ago, Nightwave Intermission started at the beginning on the month, Star Days just started, Chinese New Year alerts and items are going to drop on the 16th, Octavia Prime will arrive on the 23rd, and Corpus Railjack (plus Queenpin?) will arrive in "spring".

What "risk" are they taking here exactly?

PVP