Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ash's teleport work like it does in conclave but everywhere?

TTraw

This ability is kind of bad outside of Fatal Teleport niche build. But conclave's version is actually useful!

How about we:

• Give Ash's 3 a "hold" functionality, that when the button is held Ash teleports where he aims instead of at enemy/ally, at reduced range.
    • The hold/tap functionality would obviously be reversable in options like every single other tap/hold ability.
  • Make it so that pressing 3 while Bladestorm is active doesn't cause Ash to join the Blade Storm - just let Ash press 4 again to do so instead, so that Ash can be mobile even during Blade Storm

Thoughts?

I'd love to see that, it would give me a reason to use Ash over Loki for stealth missions and not only when I use Fatal Teleport.

Loki would still keep its own advantage with a much longer invisibility duration anyway.

Sounds nice, but I have to wonder whether this drawback

1 hour ago, TTraw said:

at 40% of the Teleport's original range

is anywhere near necessary, why would long-range teleports be an issue?

Plus it's not like you'd really build for high Range on Ash currently, not least now that Bladestorm isn't an AoE anymore.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sounds nice, but I have to wonder whether this drawback

is anywhere near necessary, why would long-range teleports be an issue?

Plus it's not like you'd really build for high Range on Ash currently, not least now that Bladestorm isn't an AoE anymore.

Because with full range build and natural talent you could travel 162 meters in 0.5s which is a bit ridiculous even for warframe standards ;o.

And I actually run full Range build since I use Ensare w/him. It works great and Smoke Shadow has 42m stealth range. So I CC whole room, and give my entire team stealth multipliers and immortality. Adding such mobility on top of that would be a little bit too crazy imo.

But then Titania exists so IDK.

If we didn't add such drawback then from design standpoint a question arises: why would you even bother teleporting to enemies if you can cover same distance without the torture that is aiming at selected target? You know what I mean?

11 minutes ago, TTraw said:

you could travel 162 meters

Ignoring how that distance would be / is in fact currently possible anyway with the enemy etc targeting mode,
Nova can get pretty close to that, Loki (where a high Range build is more common / generally useful) can go beyond that,
and Hek, Wisp can theoretically teleport infinitely far, even.

It's not like this would make Ash a sudden outlier, delivering astonishing, game-breaking feats or anything.

Given what else Warframe abilities can do, plus what with the existence of infinite-use Free-Roam Archwing,
a bit of freely targetable teleportation is really nothing more than harmless convenience as far as I'm concerned.

23 minutes ago, TTraw said:

why would you even bother teleporting to enemies if you can cover same distance without the torture that is aiming at selected target?

Because the enemy-targeted version opens enemies up to Finishers.

34 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Because the enemy-targeted version opens enemies up to Finishers.

I don't think it's good enough for the clunky usage. I definitely think the range without target should be lower than with it. Maybe the value I suggested is too low but just like with every single numerical value, I would leave it up to devs to decide the number.

Besides if you build for range you are sacrificing other utilities you could have, including Strength. It's not like 168m of teleport are useful anyways, maybe if you are playing on Orb Vallis/Cetus/Deimos.

If it really is a problem then the best would be to leave this distance unaffected by mods.

I wish someone at DE could make a statement about this, it's not a new idea and with all the touch ups Ash has had, this was never one of them, it seems there is a reason as to why they don't want Ash specifically to teleport freely.

On 2021-02-15 at 10:43 AM, TTraw said:

Give Ash's 3 a "hold" functionality, that when the button is held Ash teleports where he aims instead of at enemy/ally

I`m glade you said this and i`m in 100% agreement.

When ppl talk about teleport getting this they want to replace it but I disagree with that, it instead should have both options for ppl that want to have fun teleporting and killing enemies while the ppl that want to teleport freely can do so.

The one thing ppl don`t understand is that the concept if teleporting is more than just getting from point A to B, if you can see what's in front of you or if you can remember a location you have been to you can reach it with not limit. That`s why I love the concept of teleportation.

The problem with Ash`s teleport is that it`s soo limited and has the potential to be so much better. that being said here is what I would to to Ash`s teleport that does just that.

Teleport

Spoiler

·       Holding the ability will show an indicator of where he can teleport to from the radical.

·       The teleport stun can interrupt and override enemies that`s already affected by a stun.

·       When teleporting to enemies with the held version, enemies won`t detect you when in close proximity and it won`t open enemy to finishers.

·       The cast speed of the held version is half a second.

·       Teleporting to a wall will make ash hang to the wall for 10 seconds if you hang on to it.

·       Not only it can teleport to anything with a health bar, it can also teleport to anything that can be scanned.

·       You can teleport through windows if there are allies, npcs, enemies, objects with a health bar or is scannable objects on the other side of it.

·       If you can see an ally through a wall you can teleport to them.

·       You are able to teleport to enemies that are in the air.

·       After teleporting in the air, performing melee attacks will keep him in the air.

·       Even if an enemy is already stunned it is still able to be open to a finisher.

·       The cast speed of the held version is half a second.

·       If he targets an enemy behind cover, he will teleport behind it for a finisher instead of just standing above them.

·       He can perform front finishers on moas and infested enemies.

·       Make it be able to interrupt enemies’ movement/attack animations.

With these improvement not only it removes the limit of this ability but it makes it fun to use in combat.

If you want to see more ideas for Ash, take a look here.

On 2021-02-15 at 8:17 AM, TTraw said:

Because with full range build and natural talent you could travel 162 meters in 0.5s which is a bit ridiculous even for warframe standards ;o.

that's around what you can do normally if you focus on building teleportation abilities for other frames, and technically it's generally normal if you count void dash. besides teleportation without range goes against the concept of being an instantaneous form of long range travel and just becomes a dash.

On 2021-02-17 at 11:31 PM, cococciolo said:

that's around what you can do normally if you focus on building teleportation abilities for other frames, and technically it's generally normal if you count void dash. besides teleportation without range goes against the concept of being an instantaneous form of long range travel and just becomes a dash.

I mean I wouldnt mind it being the full value - I like mobility and my build would only benefit from this. I was just too worried that we would never use the targeted version outside the Fatal Teleport niche.

13 hours ago, TTraw said:

never use the targeted version outside the Fatal Teleport niche

Just checking, you're aware you don't need the Augment to trigger Finisher states, right?

But anyway, you are not incorrect that a single-target Finisher opener is somewhat niche
(in fact, I personally replaced Teleport with Radial Blind lol, yay more-wide-spread Melee boosts / CC),
so a nice, unhampered mobility function seems to be a reasonable addition to the ability.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just checking, you're aware you don't need the Augment to trigger Finisher states, right?

I do. But good luck activating finisher when Teleport lands you somewhere finnicky. Fatal Teleport not only guarantees an oneshot but also activates finisher in situations where pressing X wouldnt work at all. So obviously I assume that anyone building Ash for finishers uses this augment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-20 at 7:45 AM, TTraw said:

I do. But good luck activating finisher when Teleport lands you somewhere finnicky. Fatal Teleport not only guarantees an oneshot but also activates finisher in situations where pressing X wouldnt work at all. So obviously I assume that anyone building Ash for finishers uses this augment.

Yeah, fatal teleport is very useful for picking off single targets, and not having to mash X to get the finisher to activate. Sadly he's one of those frames that heavily relies on his augments, Fatal Teleport and Rising Storm. Honestly I hate when an augment is a complete, direct upgrade to a skill, making it almost necessary to equip.

Archived