Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Sentients?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Since Scarlet Spear a couple of years ago, I was under the impression that the Sentients were going to invade at some point - and I mean properly, D-Day+Blitz proportions. The experiments in Enrichment Labs and Jupiter, the cutscenes in The New War, the latest involvement of a Railjack Veteran in the Entrati family (Father)... it seems to be building more and more evidence that the Devs are giving us the tools, early on, with which to resist an incoming mass of enemies?

So far, all this noise with Orphix and Murex just seems like a little prod to see how tough we are before the true storm begins.

Do you think it will happen? If so, when? Do you want it to happen or will it be just as annoying as the 'glassing' of enemies during Glassmaker? 

For the Lore experts out there, is there actually reason to expect a proper invasion that I've missed?

Sorry if I'm digging up an old topic again, just wanted to mutter about it and discuss what might be coming, even if probably not for a while... :)

the sentients can continue to rot untill DE actually release everything they hyped and teased in 2019 wich is railjack that can go to the "free roam" areas, corpus railjack, crew, railjack lich, that other open world they teased with operator, and other things that are way overdue at this point.

1 minute ago, BloodKitten said:

the sentients can continue to rot untill DE actually release everything they hyped and teased in 2019 wich is railjack that can go to the "free roam" areas, corpus railjack, crew, railjack lich, that other open world they teased with operator, and other things that are way overdue at this point.

I'm still waiting for that, too, don't worry :P 

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

So?

Well, they invaded twice in less than 1 year.

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

Since Scarlet Spear a couple of years ago, I was under the impression that the Sentients were going to invade at some point - and I mean properly, D-Day+Blitz proportions.

I mean, maybe it wasn't D-Day+Blitz proportion. But they did invade and more frequently than you properly give credit for. It was TWICE within ONE year with Scarlet Spear being like 10 months ago.

I do wish they would add some Sentient invasions to the Invasion tab. That would be cool, but definirely not D-Day+Blitz scale...

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Well, they invaded twice in less than 1 year.

Fair enough. I wouldn't call them invasions though, perhaps skirmishes of a vanguard or scouting party. 

How long does it take a full fleet to fly from Tau(?) anyway? 

Roughly 7,000 ships were involved in D-Day and that was considered perhaps the biggest invasion fleet of real history so far, I think? And that was just to take Normandy. Imagine how many Sentients would be needed to invade the star chart properly.

Bring it on?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

Fair enough. I wouldn't call them invasions though, perhaps skirmishes of a vanguard or scouting party. 

How long does it take a full fleet to fly from Tau(?) anyway? 

Roughly 7,000 ships were involved in D-Day and that was considered perhaps the biggest invasion fleet of real history so far, I think? And that was just to take Normandy. Imagine how many Sentients would be needed to invade the star chart properly.

Bring it on?

Yeah! Bring it on. The invasion tab should have at least 2-3 nodes per planet (ALL planets affected!) under constant threat of Sentient invasion at all times. And with some cool updated rewards beyond old Wraith/Vandal parts, Detonite Injectors, Fieldrons or Mutagen Masses. Still doesn't feel like D-Day+Blitz though... But it would be cooler to have a more accessible way to fight Sentients. And I hope DE would let Mimics spawn in these invasions because they're cool Sentient units that are not properly represented in the game!

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Would be nice. Having some territories taken up by them and having to take it back sounds nice. But I would be afraid of another GlassMaker situation. Where the Sentients become more of an annoyance than anything else in the long run.

Yeah I'd have to agree. Good lord was Glassmaker irritating, but hopefully DE can find a work-around. Something like Nightmare missions where you can opt-in to the node they're currently on, or just do normal missions as per usual. I imagine people would have been okay with Glassmaker (or at least willing to tolerate it more) if you could just ignore them.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

I was under the impression that the Sentients were going to invade at some point - and I mean properly, D-Day+Blitz proportions. 

So far, all this noise with Orphix and Murex just seems like a little prod to see how tough we are before the true storm begins.

Not sure the game is built for something truly invasion like unfortunately.

The whole game engine is small-tile, small-squad/instance based, even the "open world", Railjack parts.

4 players max (since they removed trials), even during Scarlet Spear the so-called squad-link wasn't a real-time cooperative mission, ground people just banked kill-codes into one database per relay, space people downloaded from there, so you could get your own codes if no many people were doing space missions (it also had lots of technical issues). This automatically disqualifies any "epic" massive real time coop battles that are sort of alluded to in the Erra New War 2019 Tennocon trailer (here), similar to for example Guild Wars 2's open-world big battles, Tequatl or The Shatterer.

So they probably will stay with small, tactical skirmishes. If there is going to be an all out assault I would expect a Mass Effect 3 style mission situation, that there is supposed to be war all over the world and Fortuna, and Cetus, and Nekralisk is under siege and your "friends" are fighting a war and holding the line but you are "infiltrating" behind lines to achieve some key objective, like disabling some portal or control mind or something.

To make the game actually handle massive enemy invasion in a large scale battle, where 100 Warframes are defending Cetus, and you have 100 Orphix landing, 30 Teralysts siegeing the walls, Sentients spawning endlessly from the portals. I think they would need to develop an entirely new way how their engine handles a "mission" for that part. I would say that's unlikely.
They said they would tone down on the "huge" game additions in the future after Railjack was considered a disappointing addition by the players despite taking multiple years of development supposedly.

This is Chapter 3 of the New War.

The story is building and as can be seen by the way we have been getting the Senti, it is growing more and more. 

First we got the scouts on Neptune, then the attacks started on Lua and Sacrifice. Afterwards,  we got the Roply with more attackers and the Amals as they are attempting to adapt. Then the Scarlet blip in Veil Prox that let us know they are pushing even more which led to the Scarlet Spear. This was an attempt to get to Earth, which we have taken head on. 

After all these battles, the Senti finally found a way to stop our Frames and they made a 3 way attack. If there were no Mechs, this chapter would probably have been our Avengers Infinity War area where we lose. 

I know many players only look at what is happening NOW instead of the big picture, but it is a growing event. Go redo it all that is available to reintroduce your mind to it. Hek, it even makes sense that since we are being invaded so much stronger that Arcanes are being given out in a way to help fight against a more ambitious foe- To make our Frames able to do more against this wave

Its all there....just gotta see it growing

Let's consider variables:

*Sentients adapt to damage;

*Void damage is as strong as a leafblower wind;

*Sentients now know how to disable warframes;

*Paracesis is useless.

Conclusion: the only available and viable tool to repel Sentient invasion right now is Necramechs.

If Sentients invade, there can be 3 scenarios:

1) Sentients nerf themselves by losing ability to disable warframes;

2) Necramech-only gameplay in Murexes and Sentient-controled zones;

3) We fight with whatever new fodder du jour devs come up with.

I bet 1 000 000 kubrow eggs they will enforce Necramechs a la Orphix Venom style. There is no space in this lore for poor Paracesis...

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

Do you think it will happen? If so, when? Do you want it to happen or will it be just as annoying as the 'glassing' of enemies during Glassmaker? 

it's inevitable.

from the Sentient's point of view, they are taking it slowly and methodically, not just going all-out against us like they did before, because they know that won't work. Scarlet Spear was basically their first scouting mission, a chance to see what the Origin System looked like from it's outer edge and see what's changed, as well as measure the response of any hostile entities. from this, they learned the Grineer are now their own force, and that the Railjacks are now piloted by Tenno, making them much harder to destroy from the inside. 

Orphix Venom was their first real strike, likely pushed by the fact they managed to make Orphixes that interfere with Warframe transference: for the Sentients this was a HUGE breakthrough, but they didn't realize that we still had our operator abilities, and that we had managed to combine ourselves with Necramechs via transference, the Tenno's intelligence combined with the Necramech's immunity to Orphix Pulses was an unexpected surprise for them, but as Natah herself says, they will adapt, and are likely working on a way to disrupt both our Mechs and our warframes.  they will strike again, and they could well be prepared for everything we currently have; the moment they realize we no longer have an ace up our sleeve, that's when they'll move in for kill, and send a full invasion force that can take over the entire system. when that happens, we then have to see if the other factions will unite with us in order to prevent a Sentient victory, which is nothing less than the total and complete extinction of life within the Origin System.

finally, bear in mind all the gear we've gotten so far: Railjacks, used in the old war, Necramechs, used in the old war. Umbra Excalibur and Umbral mods: designed to be more effective vs. Sentients. and Paracesis, a blade forged by Ballas to be used against Sentients. we are slowly but surely being given more and more assets to use when the time comes, and the Sentients invade us properly: when the New war finally begins to warm up.

Lore expert you called? Not really call it ppl these days, more of "Lore tracker" because well if we remember the biggest war we ever had was really the merc job doing for either the grineer or corpus then again we did had clan vs clan for that was rubbishly gone for thank you DE.  Thous were the biggest war I ever had but when it come to the sentient as being the biggest war?  ehhh...no, I seen guild war/2, war games and other and I seen bigger war including WoW and they are lot bigger in scales in war not only pvp but also npc vs npc in hoard of group.

It makes no different and it makes no greater, pretty much at the time being it just the orphix operation is like a meh invasion but great for grinding.  More likely they will try put a war on the OM (open map) but more likely it will fail because due of ppl's computer can't handle if they don't have the right computer.  Pretty much it is stubborn as a mule and I dunno ppl who is still running on 8 ram is going able keep on running the game until DE break their computer then probably all the players will be crying.

As I am saying, DE is trying get invasion on the OM because well 2019 lich and now trying come back with queenpin invasion scale. *editing* So don't expect it be soon for it is going be a while for a "LONG WHILE".

It's worth noting that when they first tried to get a feel for Origin's capabilities, we sent their scouts back lobotomised. After that, I think it's entirely fair to say that the Sentients might be a tad reluctant to come back without first finding something to reduce the odds of that happening again.

25 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's worth noting that when they first tried to get a feel for Origin's capabilities, we sent their scouts back lobotomised. After that, I think it's entirely fair to say that the Sentients might be a tad reluctant to come back without first finding something to reduce the odds of that happening again.

The Sentients should create a new weapon made from a strain of infestation infused in a sacrificial Sentient: Sentientframes! Then, through wireless communication exhibited by Hunhow multiple times, Sentients can operate these new and robust Sentientframes remotely.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Primus Patronum said:

Since Scarlet Spear a couple of years ago, I was under the impression that the Sentients were going to invade at some point - and I mean properly, D-Day+Blitz proportions. The experiments in Enrichment Labs and Jupiter, the cutscenes in The New War, the latest involvement of a Railjack Veteran in the Entrati family (Father)... it seems to be building more and more evidence that the Devs are giving us the tools, early on, with which to resist an incoming mass of enemies?

For the Lore experts out there, is there actually reason to expect a proper invasion that I've missed?

Sorry if I'm digging up an old topic again, just wanted to mutter about it and discuss what might be coming, even if probably not for a while... :)

Doubt we'll get anything more than the month long events where we grind for currency we'll use to buy items from event vendors.

With that said, have a gander at what I had come up with back in June:

Archived